FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Deleted message

Deleted message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Right need to clarify something. If a profile reads your message but doesn’t delete. What does that generally mean?

Taking deleted means not interested?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *urvy Girl 79Woman  over a year ago

Near Bourne

It might be different for different people but generally if I dont reply then I'm not interested. I tend to bulk delete once in a while. I dont delete messages as I go. But not everyone uses the site in the same way.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Deleted means not interested . Read but not replied too means not interested and unread means not interested. All sorts of reasons and many of them no reflection on you OP just circumstances. Best not to take anything personally unless you get a reply that has helpful information in it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It could mean absolutely anything, but the one thing you can be sure of is that if they were interested in you, they would reply.

Sometimes I delete, sometimes I don't. But if I don't reply, I'm not interested.

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"Right need to clarify something. If a profile reads your message but doesn’t delete. What does that generally mean?

Taking deleted means not interested? "

Can’t be a bad thing if it has been read and not deleted. “ at least it’s been read “.

“maybe undecided and keeping for a later date”

I would not be ti disheartened by this.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There isn't a particular meaning but as said above the only sure way to tell if someone is interested is if they reply. For peace of mind I think the best thing is to assume that every thing else means not interested.

By *ackSparrow2Man  over a year ago

Durham

Think your best bet is not be disheartened by not getting a response.

I’ve found there’s a lot of hoops to jump through with some people on here, that wish to be woo’ed to the upmost without giving anything away, in some cases without even knowing what they or you look like.

If they don’t reply I don’t let it worry me now. We are all on here breaking commandments and for one thing.

Wouldn’t read into it buddy.

Happy fabbing.

By *arentsgonebadCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

If the message shows they have read our profile but not our type we reply out of politeness just saying thanks but not for us. Of their is no profile picture and a blatent disregard to reading our profile it's an instant delite and block

Durham

"If the message shows they have read our profile but not our type we reply out of politeness just saying thanks but not for us. Of their is no profile picture and a blatent disregard to reading our profile it's an instant delite and block "

I admire the message out of politeness. No many users do that. Underrated and goes a long way.

Top job.

I have a habit of reading all my messages at once then deleting them as a mass.

In my case it’s still a “Thanks but no thanks”.

"If the message shows they have read our profile but not our type we reply out of politeness just saying thanks but not for us. Of their is no profile picture and a blatent disregard to reading our profile it's an instant delite and block

I admire the message out of politeness. No many users do that. Underrated and goes a long way.

Top job. "

Does it really go a long way though?

It’s all well and good replying back to every single message with a “Thanks but no thanks” it’s those who don’t get the message who spoil it, or those who attempt to start a conversation or ask “why”. Then you have those who decide to send you abuse.

And when you receive lots of messages especially if a photo ends up in Hot Photos, it becomes a chore.

Now I put on my profile that no reply means I’m not interested, so those who have read my profile know the score. It states similar in the FAQs on here.

By *arentsgonebadCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

That is also A very valid point that does become about of a bind

Durham

"If the message shows they have read our profile but not our type we reply out of politeness just saying thanks but not for us. Of their is no profile picture and a blatent disregard to reading our profile it's an instant delite and block

Top job.

It’s all well and good replying back to every single message with a “Thanks but no thanks” it’s those who don’t get the message who spoil it, or those who attempt to start a conversation or ask “why”. Then you have those who decide to send you abuse.

And when you receive lots of messages especially if a photo ends up in Hot Photos, it becomes a chore.

Now I put on my profile that no reply means I’m not interested, so those who have read my profile know the score. It states similar in the FAQs on here. "

I mean, in my opinion it does, and I’ll do the same back.

But having very few messages to respond to, I don’t have the problem that you would haha.

I see why people don’t do it, but from my experience when I receive a message back highlighting its not happening. It’s appreciated.

Open to interpretation I guess

By *icplshropsCouple  over a year ago

Rock

Top job.

Now I put on my profile that no reply means I’m not interested, so those who have read my profile know the score. It states similar in the FAQs on here. "

Agreed. Sometimes it’s impossible for some couples and single ladies to reply back to every message. Especially, when they can receive 100s each time they log on.

As above, we would reply to polite messages and not the rude ones, or those whom send more messages when you haven’t even replied.

Op: the motivation behind people’s actions are different for everyone. To add to the above, sometimes for couples leaving it ‘read’, but not ‘deleted’ may mean one part of the couple has read it, but left if for the other to read. We would mark it ‘unread’ as not to confuse, but not all would do that.

It may be wise to delete your sent box and if you receive a reply, then that’s a bonus.

J

» Add a new message to this topic