FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > The lost art of conversation:

The lost art of conversation:

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Its a personal view but I think the conversation is being pushed aside for the mono-syllabic dick pic sending culture that we groan at every day we log into our fab accounts! What’s worse is I caught myself recently doing this with someone I was attempting to chat to for only the second (maybe third) time.. i mean WTF... When did I become one of the lazy, potty mouthed louts that our beloved mothers told us to avoid!

It is a sad state of affairs when the total effort of introducing oneself to a fellow fabber is with an NSFW picture and one word “suck?”.... I mean wow... Jesus F[censored]G Christ people.. Please do better for the sake of your fellow members and their mental stability at the peak of a 3rd lockdown, taking place over freaking Christmas, and at a time when most people are already harbouring thoughts of killing a relative, a girlfriend or in my case a very whiney and very old cat, who on a very regular basis somehow managed to confuse itself, resulting in him totally losing his shit... last night was particularly... challenging

Anyway I digress... I pose a question to you? What happened to the insightful, wide ranging and intelligent discussions we would have with mates (ok not them) University friends (ok perhaps not them either) family (nope) people in the office (not often) the debating team (errr... that’s their purpose). My point is the art of conversation and it’s whitty often meaningless tête-à-têtes was never there... however chatting in all our respective social groups has always has been a thing. Fab is no different and should be used with finesse. Impress don’t regress!

One final message in case you missed it.. DP’s in the first message.., WTF people!!! W...T...F!

Make a friend and not a memory of barfing over your device. We live in hope. Have a great day one and all. Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ull_circleWoman  over a year ago

Brighton

Suck?

Come on...you know you want to.

In all seriousness I completely agree, love the concentric circles of conversation... flirting and banter as rapport builds. More of it definitely needed. Loving your work.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I still have conversations, mostly via WhatsApp and phone theses days but my friends family and I have daily interaction

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope is a hopeless concept used to control your mind. Only when we have nothing to lose and no hope to find, are we truly free. Existence is pain.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

So op. How's your day today?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hear hear!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"So op. How's your day today?"

Darn my auto correct I meant to say how's your cat

Hahah. Yes and many others. Always one or two words and usually ending in me chundering, but admittedly there are the odd surprises, usually because the source is completely not what you'd expect and thereby lifting the overall introduction into the realms of interesting.

Flirting on Fab isn't just about using the English language competently as you rightly state (although it does help), stay away from the ultimate extremes as this will narrow your audience and ultimately lower your chances of having fun. Tact, understanding boundaries and READING yes READING someone's profile before you compose a message are all important. And DONT take yourself or fab too seriously. You will be rejected its the nature of the game, but you will also get laid GUARANTEED if you come across as a stable respect member of society... being kinky also helps lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 22/12/20 11:38:38]

Whatsapp is the go-to for everyone these days. Its how i catch up with clients now as well.

The cat is not mine. thankfully.

He's just getting old bless him. He's in good hands the owners dote over him. I have to look after him when they are out or away, which is often...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The cat is not mine. thankfully.

He's just getting old bless him. He's in good hands the owners dote over him. I have to look after him when they are out or away, which is often... "

We've had cats all the time we've been together (40 years) and a couple of them hace grown very old and very daft.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

He's just getting old bless him. He's in good hands the owners dote over him. I have to look after him when they are out or away, which is often... "

By the way do you know about the reply +quote feature? Click on it under the message you want to reply to

By *veinnMan  over a year ago

London

couldn’t agree more, well said! nothing is a turn off more than lazy conversation, we’re all here for the same reason - to have amazing sex! the only way to achieve this in my opinion is to have an understanding of another’s sexual self

I'm such an amateur!! I didn't so thank you x

By *rs RavensongWoman  over a year ago

Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

I wholeheartedly concur! There is interesting conversation to be had on here, it just takes a bit of seeking out.

V x

» Add a new message to this topic