FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > First meet problems

First meet problems

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I cant find anybody to talk too let alone meet.. is this site not for me??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only you know the answer to that.

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

"I cant find anybody to talk too let alone meet.. is this site not for me?? "

I’ll talk to you fella...

How’s your day been?

By *G999Man  over a year ago

Everywhere & Nowhere

Hi Jason.

Perhaps take some consideration into investing some time taking some different photos to show a different side to yourself

Understand us fellas wildly outnumber the lovely ladies, patience is key.

The forums are a good way to get involved

By *rad670Man  over a year ago

South Lakes

Far more men than women so their world and loads of us for them to be very choosey. Start in the forums by adding some comments and if people find what you say interesting they will check you out at least. Pandemic has had a big part to play in no meets of course, be patient, there is someone for everyone. Send some short polite messages to profiles you like and you may get a one in ten reply.

By *awk90Man  over a year ago

Hamburg, Germany

It's tricky for single males. Just relax and have fun, leave of it doesn't suit you. I use this site on and off. I don't always feel for the constant rejection or ignoring, so then I take a break! That's my approach. This site definitely isn't for everyone

Check the previous posters profile photos...bunch of hot guys without cock filled images.

Its a start

"Check the previous posters profile photos...bunch of hot guys without cock filled images.

Its a start"

Hi thanks.. it's been another day of frustration tbh.. I'm hoping things pick up soon.. hows your day been.

By *edantic SheilaWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

"Check the previous posters profile photos...bunch of hot guys without cock filled images.

Its a start"

Well said !

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

The world is just starting to open up.

Ppl will take their time arranging meets.

Fab is a tool to engage with people. It isn't a fuck guarantee.

Mmmmm my profile is definitely in need of a revamp.. thanks guys..

Little effort on your profile.

1. Will meet 99yr olds..really!

2. 1 photo of the master.

3. 3 lines of a profile.

Perhaps.. variety of photos.. seductive rather than in your face.

Tell us more about you likes dislikes.. get us folk interested to want to know more.

Good luck.

Not every fisherman catches a fish.. Time and patience

Its a start"

^This

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

You get out, what you put in.

It requires effort!

Make an effort with your profile, pics and bio.

Make an effort with your first msg to people.

Make an effort in the forums!

By *ntrepid ExplorersCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"You get out, what you put in.

It requires effort!

"

Apparently you're a prick for stating the blindingly obvious

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Only you can answer whether it's for you or not - but before you do, answer this and answer honestly - would you meet you based on the following criteria - your profile, your pics, your approach, your expectations, your interactions with others?

Have you made the effort, or are you expecting it all to fall magically into place?

If you're unsure of whether your profile and pics measure up - take a look at the other well verified guys on this thread's profiles and see how they compare.

You have it all within your grasp to make the most of the site, without any guarantees - but it's up to you to make it work for you, not expect it to fall in your lap

Birmingham

"I cant find anybody to talk too let alone meet.. is this site not for me??

Only you can answer whether it's for you or not - but before you do, answer this and answer honestly - would you meet you based on the following criteria - your profile, your pics, your approach, your expectations, your interactions with others?

Have you made the effort, or are you expecting it all to fall magically into place?

If you're unsure of whether your profile and pics measure up - take a look at the other well verified guys on this thread's profiles and see how they compare.

You have it all within your grasp to make the most of the site, without any guarantees - but it's up to you to make it work for you, not expect it to fall in your lap "

Yeah. That.

It requires effort!

Apparently you're a prick for stating the blindingly obvious "

There's a difference between the swipes you take and offering something actually constructive.

The only time I've seen you say anything reasonable about anyone's profile is even you were in predator mode.

You're unhappy, we get it, but don't drag others down with you.

If you've nothing decent to add, maybe think twice before posting.

Your negativity and 'better than thou' is tiring.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

It requires effort!

There's a difference between the swipes you take and offering something actually constructive.

The only time I've seen you say anything reasonable about anyone's profile is even you were in predator mode.

You're unhappy, we get it, but don't drag others down with you.

If you've nothing decent to add, maybe think twice before posting.

Your negativity and 'better than thou' is tiring."

It’s really easy to take pot shots at single guys from your couples account!

By *obbi_sutherlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Dornoch

Have you considered going fab straight?

Instantly increase your chance of a meet tenfold.

It requires effort!

It’s against site rules to critique a profile if they haven’t specifically asked for that.

There are ways of saying things.

It requires effort!

It’s against site rules to critique a profile if they haven’t specifically asked for that.

"

Thank you, I couldn’t be bothered to explain it.

Birmingham

It requires effort!

Thank you, I couldn’t be bothered to explain it. "

Fair enough, I'll take these things on board.

Thanks for all your replys.. I was previously part of a couple with an ex partner a few years ago and tbh the messages flowed daily. Talking to people was easy and arranging meets even easier but as a single male I've just had no luck at all.. I'll rewrite my profile and take another stab..

"Thanks for all your replys.. I was previously part of a couple with an ex partner a few years ago and tbh the messages flowed daily. Talking to people was easy and arranging meets even easier but as a single male I've just had no luck at all.. I'll rewrite my profile and take another stab.. "

Did you ever send messages as a couple of just wait for them to come to you?

Have a think about the type of profiles you interacted with and liked.

Good luck.

By *jkuk72Man  over a year ago

London & Herts

It took me a while after joining fab to start chatting with couples. I was lucky enough to meet a few (not many, but that's fine), some of them just socially.

Whenever I approach a couple I always start with a polite, non pushy message. This approach seems to have worked for me, so long may it continue.

"Thanks for all your replys.. I was previously part of a couple with an ex partner a few years ago and tbh the messages flowed daily. Talking to people was easy and arranging meets even easier but as a single male I've just had no luck at all.. I'll rewrite my profile and take another stab..

Good luck. "

Tbh we sent messages and nearly always got answers very quickly.. I knew it wouldn't be easy as a male but wow its brutal for replays..

I started messaging just single women but after weeks of no messages even being read I widened my search but still.. it's very hard to write meaningful messages knowing most wont even be read.. I guess I can keep trying or not I suppose.. many thanks

Birmingham

"Thanks for all your replys.. I was previously part of a couple with an ex partner a few years ago and tbh the messages flowed daily. Talking to people was easy and arranging meets even easier but as a single male I've just had no luck at all.. I'll rewrite my profile and take another stab..

Good luck.

Tbh we sent messages and nearly always got answers very quickly.. I knew it wouldn't be easy as a male but wow its brutal for replays..

I started messaging just single women but after weeks of no messages even being read I widened my search but still.. it's very hard to write meaningful messages knowing most wont even be read.. I guess I can keep trying or not I suppose.. many thanks "

I can imagine it must be, but so many men take that perspective and actively choose to put even less effort in. When we ask why their message was so low effort, they'll often say as much explicitly. If a message is sent without hope of reply, and with next to no effort, why send it at all? Isn't putting effort into 3 messages a better plan than no effort into 30?

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

[Removed by poster at 18/05/21 08:46:17]

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It requires effort!

It depends on how you give the advice, this post was civil

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

The man is asking for help of why he isn't successful, it is allowed at that point

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Can people remember to be civil on the forum, especially to newbies who are asking for help

To the OP, welcome to the forum, please don't be put off from posting. Have a read of the good advice on this thread and see if it will help you

By *nnocentimesMan  over a year ago

over there by that tree

Good luck.

I started messaging just single women but after weeks of no messages even being read I widened my search but still.. it's very hard to write meaningful messages knowing most wont even be read.. I guess I can keep trying or not I suppose.. many thanks "

What are you sending, could it be the content that doesn’t warrant a reply? Also remember that people will mostly look at your profile before deciding it’s worth responding.

Not to rub salt into the wound but I get responses from nearly every message I send, sometimes self reflection is the best medicine.

Good luck.

The thing is it's about finding what works for you, rather than thinking how you can work to fit others - if you try and do that you're setting yourself up for a fall.

Sure you need to think about what others may be looking for etc and tailor messages etc but unless you're authentically you that won't get you far.

For example, a lot of guys fall into the trap of thinking the *only* approach to the site is sending messages blindly to profiles they like the look of in the hope of getting replies - which is both a cold and clinical approach and also a daunting and frustrating one for most.

I worked out fairly early on that it wasn't an approach I was comfortable with and that using the forums and interacting with people there initially worked for me, other guys use the chat rooms, or when they are happening social events and clubs - so you need to think about what might work better for you.

Profile and pics are also key - I see you've changed yours since yesterday and it looks so much better than it did probably needs further tweaking but is getting there.

As someone said earlier a little effort goes a long way, add finding what works for you, a positive attitude and the right expectations to that and it won't guarantee a thing but your perceptions and experience of the site will be improved no end.

Good luck

Good luck.

I started messaging just single women but after weeks of no messages even being read I widened my search but still.. it's very hard to write meaningful messages knowing most wont even be read.. I guess I can keep trying or not I suppose.. many thanks

The thing is it's about finding what works for you, rather than thinking how you can work to fit others - if you try and do that you're setting yourself up for a fall.

Sure you need to think about what others may be looking for etc and tailor messages etc but unless you're authentically you that won't get you far.

For example, a lot of guys fall into the trap of thinking the *only* approach to the site is sending messages blindly to profiles they like the look of in the hope of getting replies - which is both a cold and clinical approach and also a daunting and frustrating one for most.

I worked out fairly early on that it wasn't an approach I was comfortable with and that using the forums and interacting with people there initially worked for me, other guys use the chat rooms, or when they are happening social events and clubs - so you need to think about what might work better for you.

Profile and pics are also key - I see you've changed yours since yesterday and it looks so much better than it did probably needs further tweaking but is getting there.

As someone said earlier a little effort goes a long way, add finding what works for you, a positive attitude and the right expectations to that and it won't guarantee a thing but your perceptions and experience of the site will be improved no end.

Good luck "

Aim very low and you won't be disappointed.

But seriously, this is good advice. Messages are just one small tool.

Forum chatting, socials, all good ways of making new friendship groups.

By *estman for the jobMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

Op on average it takes a new guy at least 6 months to get a meet and in a pandemic even longer but persevere talk to people hone your approach and talk to people like normal people and not objects of your list and things will get better,best of luck mate

"

The man is asking for help of why he isn't successful, it is allowed at that point

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules"

I thought they had to specifically ask for profile advice. Noted for next time

Good luck.

I can imagine it must be, but so many men take that perspective and actively choose to put even less effort in. When we ask why their message was so low effort, they'll often say as much explicitly. If a message is sent without hope of reply, and with next to no effort, why send it at all? Isn't putting effort into 3 messages a better plan than no effort into 30?"

Now that, I can agree with.

Lincolnshire

What will find op is lots will blank u or block u if you haven't read their profiles and shown you have by putting a keyword in message header or sent your face pic which they probably won't reciprocate anyway,basically the ladies and couples hold the power here

"What will find op is lots will blank u or block u if you haven't read their profiles and shown you have by putting a keyword in message header or sent your face pic which they probably won't reciprocate anyway,basically the ladies and couples hold the power here"

Not as far as I'm concerned they don't - we're all equal and hold as much control over our own experience of the site as the next man, woman or couple - as I said earlier it all comes down to approach, attitude, and expectations coupled with a decent profile and pics along with a willingness to put some effort in and an acceptance that you won't always get a reply or find a connection/attraction is mutual.

As I often say, if you walk down the road you're attracted to maybe 5-10% of people you pass, and of those maybe 5-10% will be equally attracted to you - so before you even get onto whether there is a connection and chemistry you're already down to around 1 person in 100 where there is mutual attraction....it's no different here.

By *reechipsterMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Anyone play on cam what's app or Skype or snap

By *ustustwo.1965Couple  over a year ago

"What will find op is lots will blank u or block u if you haven't read their profiles and shown you have by putting a keyword in message header or sent your face pic which they probably won't reciprocate anyway,basically the ladies and couples hold the power here"

It is nothing to do with who holds the power.

Present yourself well, respect profiles and a decent first message.

That is a good start.

By *oungnhung17Man  over a year ago

leeds

"What will find op is lots will blank u or block u if you haven't read their profiles and shown you have by putting a keyword in message header or sent your face pic which they probably won't reciprocate anyway,basically the ladies and couples hold the power here

This!

That is a good start."

By *ak4uMan  over a year ago

chelmsford

Think yourself lucky, at least you have age on your side.

Wait until you get old and decrepit......

Lincolnshire

"What will find op is lots will blank u or block u if you haven't read their profiles and shown you have by putting a keyword in message header or sent your face pic which they probably won't reciprocate anyway,basically the ladies and couples hold the power here

That is a good start."

excuse my French but that's bollocks ,single women can pick and choose who they meet a lot easier than a single guy ,a couple can get easier meets than a single guy regardless of a guys approach work and manners he will still struggle as he is a majority being judged by the minority he's trying to meet if that makes sense

By *ustustwo.1965Couple  over a year ago

That is a good start.excuse my French but that's bollocks ,single women can pick and choose who they meet a lot easier than a single guy ,a couple can get easier meets than a single guy regardless of a guys approach work and manners he will still struggle as he is a majority being judged by the minority he's trying to meet if that makes sense"

Now THIS is bollocks (no offence), the best will always get meets.

If you aren't attractive in the real world, then it won't be any easier on here.

That is a good start.excuse my French but that's bollocks ,single women can pick and choose who they meet a lot easier than a single guy ,a couple can get easier meets than a single guy regardless of a guys approach work and manners he will still struggle as he is a majority being judged by the minority he's trying to meet if that makes sense"

Sorry but you're making a huge assumption there - yes if you're talking purely "quantity" of interest women and, to a lesser extent, couples have more choice - but when it comes to "quality" of interest then it's a lot more evenly balanced across all genders/categories of user.

To put it another way - a single woman on here may get 20 messages but only find one of them sufficiently attractive/interesting enough to reply - a single man might only get two messages but chances are he'll reply to at least one of them - end result is the same.

Just because women get more messages doesn't mean they have more choice.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It requires effort!

It depends on how you give the advice, this post was civil"

Thanks

» Add a new message to this topic