FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Is my profile negative?

Is my profile negative?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This isnt an airing of dirty laundry but i’ve been told my profile is negative.

The person contacted me first. I asked a simple question and the reply came along with comments about me being negative.

What the hell? How can you firstly accuse someone you dont know of being negative but also i’ll ask for profile help. Is my profile negative?

Its only the opinion of one person so why should it matter but its actually bothered me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Not at all. It's very succinct & covers what you want and don't want from Fab.

Unless they meant you were being negative about yourself - which I totally understand & do myself.

You, however, seem to have really gone to town on yourself - it's way too harsh.

Does that make sense? Xx

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I just saw and read your profile and i don't found it negative at all in other hand mine definitely is a negative profile

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

What was the question

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"This isnt an airing of dirty laundry but i’ve been told my profile is negative.

The person contacted me first. I asked a simple question and the reply came along with comments about me being negative.

What the hell? How can you firstly accuse someone you dont know of being negative but also i’ll ask for profile help. Is my profile negative?

Its only the opinion of one person so why should it matter but its actually bothered me "

I’m my opinion it’s not negative but based on what some others have said about profiles in the past I can understand why they may think so.

I think it’s only natural that we want to put our own “bad bits” that were uncomfortable with about ourselves to get it out there and not worry that someone would be surprised. But turning things like being “plump” around as a positive can have a big impact. I’m still working on my own issue in this area so I’m hardly one to speak lol

Anyway, as long as your profile is working for you and you’re happy with it, I wouldn’t worry about the opinion of one person , you do you and enjoy it

Ps looking fab btw

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s not negative to me. It reads like a profile that has been crafted based on your experiences so far and the messages you’ve received so far. You’re putting in what you want in the hope that it sifts out the people who aren’t suitable for what you are looking for.

Looks anything but negative. It appears clear and outlines exactly who you are and what you're looking for. ??

By *asilForty77Man  over a year ago

a hundred and sixty of us living in a small shoebox in the middle of the road

No its clear and consise not at all negative feck em anyway people always try to push buttons stay in a positive mindset

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

No it's fairly prescriptive but not negative unless you aren't single. I'm guessing that guy wasn't.

It's a wee bit ranty

I think it's okay, you list what you want and don't want. I can't see anything wrong with that.

Ignore the mood hoover x

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

The only negative bit is "belly, rolls and wobbly bits". Curvy will do, most Men actually like a bit of meat

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

I think it's very assertive. Ive seen so many female profiles who just have a list of don't do this, dont do that, but you must do this or must do that and basically are very angry and ranty.

You sound confident in yourself, very clear in both what your here for and what your not.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"This isnt an airing of dirty laundry but i’ve been told my profile is negative.

Its only the opinion of one person so why should it matter but its actually bothered me "

Not at all. you are here to enjoy yourself the way you intend on which others would fit your criteria.

By *Ci LutherMan  over a year ago

Taunton

Usual needy man no doubt stirring the pot

"Usual needy man no doubt stirring the pot"

Funnily enough not. This person was verified and had a very good profile. I’m still baffled as to how asking questions about location led to accusations of negativity.

Seems alright to me. Its clear I dont meet your criteria but thats fair enough and it dosnt come across as negative either

By *ohnny_ThunderMan  over a year ago

LLandudno

It shouldn't matter if it's seen as negative or not. Your profile is YOURS and is the window into the personality you wish to convey on here.

It's so difficult to try and sound interesting on a profile. Most of us (including me) fail.

Its not negative but its not welcoming...bit matter of fact and would put me off (thank god she says)

By *hynos1Man  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

I think that is it straight to the point. No negativity just fact.

By *ilts photo guyMan  over a year ago

swindon

It’s now hidden so I can’t help

Thanks for the feedback so far. Ive just made it all very simple now. Thanks. Xxx

Nope not negative just factual, if that doesn't fit with whoever is contacting you it's their problem

» Add a new message to this topic