FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Why don't members post face pics more ?

Why don't members post face pics more ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *odxeon OP   Man  over a year ago

Huntingdon

Why are so many afraid to show their faces on their profile ? Rather hiding them in private galleries.

So OK I'm dead new here but thought, what's the point in hiding my face if I'm actively trying to meet people. Face comes first right...or not ?

Ones views.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I work in a public place … I don’t need to be harassed at work .

I used to display my face and yes people have no qualms asking why you turn them down or making inappropriate comments in front of my co workers.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

People have the right to privacy, I really don’t want anyone I know to look at my profile and know that it’s me. I actually don’t understand how you aren’t worried about someone you know seeing your profile and recognising you and then seeing a picture of your hard cock covered in cum. You must be a lot more liberal and carefree than most on here which is a great way to be.

Is seeing someone’s face really the most important thing for you though? I tend to read the bio before I even look at the pictures to check whether we match on a personal level rather than just a physical one.

By *odxeon OP   Man  over a year ago

Huntingdon

I am surprised really. Searching I can see a few people locally with again a few in my home town, others a little further afield. But when you consider the vastness of population in an area, we're a microscopic drop in the ocean. I would have thought what were the chances one would be recognised. And to think it was mentioned at work. That's a surprise. perhaps I am perhaps naïve to believe in (to use a aviation analogy)' the big sky theory', that of what are the chances of running into someone who's seen you on here.

But then that's me told perhaps.....

"I am surprised really. Searching I can see a few people locally with again a few in my home town, others a little further afield. But when you consider the vastness of population in an area, we're a microscopic drop in the ocean. I would have thought what were the chances one would be recognised. And to think it was mentioned at work. That's a surprise. perhaps I am perhaps naïve to believe in (to use a aviation analogy)' the big sky theory', that of what are the chances of running into someone who's seen you on here.

But then that's me told perhaps..... "

Are you searching all profiles or just women? Do you use the ‘Who’s Mobile and Nearby’ feature? When I use that to search there are always loads of people online within a mile of me, most of them are men so if you’ve got men filtered off your search then it won’t look like there are many people online close to you. I’d say there’s a good chance that I’ve looked at a profile of someone I know on here but didn’t know I was as they didn’t show their face and I’d say there’s a good chance someone I know has looked at my profile too.

Even if it’s a slim chance then it’s still a chance, if you follow your way of thinking then there’s no point playing the lottery. I agree that there’s only a chance that it’ll happen but it’s not a risk I’m willing to take.

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

Even without a face pic, I was recognised by someone in the first few weeks of being here (they proved it by knowing my surname and the name of my ex).

So people do get recognised, and having a face makes it even more likely.

The reason my face isn't on is that I have young children, and if my ex decides to fight for them, having evidence that I'm on here could go against me. I'm not willing to risk that.

"Even without a face pic, I was recognised by someone in the first few weeks of being here (they proved it by knowing my surname and the name of my ex).

The reason my face isn't on is that I have young children, and if my ex decides to fight for them, having evidence that I'm on here could go against me. I'm not willing to risk that. "

If I looked like you I wouldn’t mind being recognised, you look amazing. I just don’t want my friends knowing that I have a tiny dick, I wear panties and I like being fucked in the ass haha.

I totally understand the reason regarding your ex using it against you, it’s definitely not worth the risk.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

As a poster above has said, I don't want to be approached in public and in normal life. Some are not v discreet on here.

I happily swap my face pic if interested in someone, but it's not something I want everyone seeing.

For me it’s a couple of things.

People using your photos on Social media particularly if you have naked face pics.

I’m more than happy to be recognised and have someone approach me on the street, however not when my wife is with me.

I have lots of face pics on my friends profile, and will occasionally post them on my public photos.

In general we are all on here for the same thing and I love to look at face pics as I feel that is the most important part of the person

By *panddaCouple  over a year ago

West Mids

"Why are so many afraid to show their faces on their profile ? Rather hiding them in private galleries.

So OK I'm dead new here but thought, what's the point in hiding my face if I'm actively trying to meet people. Face comes first right...or not ?

Ones views....."

To us it is simply a choice thing.

We understand it may put some people off, but we aren't that bothered if it does to be honest. The people we hope to attract will fully understand.

By *asual_WandererWoman  over a year ago

A spot you want me

I mean it's a pretty fave Paolo so flash it by all means... think I just don't trust the Internet, or want to scenario plan the potential ramifications... there's enough subtle worries in my private behaviour without adding public deviance to the mix

I’m just too good looking, and I wouldn’t want to make others feel bad

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People like discretion and even other users here often show none. Their livelihoods are also essential, so anything that could threaten that is motivation to restrict others being able to establish recognition.

I would assume it's to be expected, rather than not, to restrict faces from others. Work, family, people who know you, users who are out to cause trouble etc

I put mine up when i'm looking to meet then take it down again, sort of taking more of a risk at times then others. I do wonder though who has seen me on here but been discrete enough not to say anything!

I would get sacked if I was found to be on here, plus I live in a gossipy village, and I have kids.

We all have the right to privacy, and face pics can be exchanged if there’s a connection.

"I am surprised really. Searching I can see a few people locally with again a few in my home town, others a little further afield. But when you consider the vastness of population in an area, we're a microscopic drop in the ocean. I would have thought what were the chances one would be recognised. And to think it was mentioned at work. That's a surprise. perhaps I am perhaps naïve to believe in (to use a aviation analogy)' the big sky theory', that of what are the chances of running into someone who's seen you on here.

A co-worker recognised me on here without a face pic!

My hair and red lips gave myself away. If he had a face pic of myself and it showed on this website. I would of been sneered at in the work place from the immaturity of grown-up people!

Pathetic really!

My hair and red lips gave myself away. If he had a face pic of myself and it showed on this website. I would of been sneered at in the work place from the immaturity of grown-up people!

Pathetic really!"

I’ve recognised a family friend couple on here. I’d always had my suspicions and recognised her from her body shape, lips, eyes and red hair. I would never dream of approaching them about it. As they were only into couples or females. I think if anyone recognised me they would be embarrassed to shout it in public too.

"I work in a public place … I don’t need to be harassed at work .

I used to display my face and yes people have no qualms asking why you turn them down or making inappropriate comments in front of my co workers."

Exactly the same - I work with hundred's of people, last thing I want is my dirty washing (so to speak) outed in public - but always happy to send face pic privately

J xx

Pathetic really!

I’ve recognised a family friend couple on here. I’d always had my suspicions and recognised her from her body shape, lips, eyes and red hair. I would never dream of approaching them about it. As they were only into couples or females. I think if anyone recognised me they would be embarrassed to shout it in public too. "

That tells me you know who they are and how they would be about discretion.

I'm telling you the same too, but in opposite! Plus, in my situation it was a guy - and guys who know what the woman is up to away from work life, would be judged in an entirely different way!(in my Town and with situations from the past)

By *anya BlackTV/TS  over a year ago

Richmond

I think us gurls should post face pics, hopefully our make-up is good enough to hide our male identity xx

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I have recognised several people too , including the lady bank clerk at my local branch and customers at my place of work .

I’m not exactly bothered but approaching at my place of work in a big Nono hence the face pics had to be set in private.

I’ve read other nightmares scenarios on the forum, including women being approached whilst being out and about with their children etc….

There’s also many threads about “I’ve recognised someone, should I say something to them ?”

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"Even without a face pic, I was recognised by someone in the first few weeks of being here (they proved it by knowing my surname and the name of my ex).

The reason my face isn't on is that I have young children, and if my ex decides to fight for them, having evidence that I'm on here could go against me. I'm not willing to risk that.

If I looked like you I wouldn’t mind being recognised, you look amazing. I just don’t want my friends knowing that I have a tiny dick, I wear panties and I like being fucked in the ass haha.

I totally understand the reason regarding your ex using it against you, it’s definitely not worth the risk. "

Haha, thanks.

Though you haven't seen my face

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We don't show ours as we don't want to be recognised by people we know, especially if there was a family member on here who spotted us!

We keep this side of life separate from our personal Life.

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We can't show ours (properly) as Caroline would lose her job if her employer saw the pictures.

By *ver the hill for fabMan  over a year ago

LONDON

Some people talking about family and friends work mates viewing them on this site are they not also members on here looking for the same things but up to you to hide or show your face on your profile

I’d probably end up in a disciplinary at work and maybe hung, drawn and quartered.

I’ve been recognised without face pics in Asda and by another parent on our kids football team (luckily they shouldn’t have been on here so it was in their best interest to STFU about me)

Plus I just don’t wanna deal with anyone coming up to me with my kid about etc.

If I’m interested in meeting someone, then they will see my face

"I’d probably end up in a disciplinary at work and maybe hung, drawn and quartered.

I’ve been recognised without face pics in Asda and by another parent on our kids football team (luckily they shouldn’t have been on here so it was in their best interest to STFU about me)

Plus I just don’t wanna deal with anyone coming up to me with my kid about etc.

If I’m interested in meeting someone, then they will see my face "

It's a shame that people just cannot be discreet. I wouldn't dream of going up to someone in the real world and saying hey are you so and so from fab. Just rude and uncalled for.

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We're not concerned about other members outing us, but when Caroline was on fiesta readers wives, somebody informed senior management - and they went mad!

On the other hand, we don't mind being approached when we're out and about - we are quite distinctive after all.

By *ewCoupleHXCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

It won't be an issue if the site made verification and some sort of identity mandatory but the fact that it allows anyone to join and browse makes it a bit silly to make face pics public. There are just too many weirdos around.

Genuine people here don't have a problem with exchanging face pics with other genuine people.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"Why are so many afraid to show their faces on their profile? Rather hiding them in private galleries.

So OK I'm dead new here but thought, what's the point in hiding my face if I'm actively trying to meet people. The face comes first right...or not?

One's views....."

Women and couples face stigma from society if you have children and what their friends were to see their mum or their dad and fab it would ruin their lives.

I'm happy to always share my face pic but have to be aware of who could be on here regarding work etc.

If you want just ask

By *pectressWoman  over a year ago

Midlothian

My grown up child doesn’t need to stumble upon me here,

I don’t need someone putting my pictures and face together somewhere that affects my job or family

I was instantly recognised by 2 friends on my current profile and that’s without a face pic.

So yeah… my choice

Happy to share if I get along with someone

"My grown up child doesn’t need to stumble upon me here,

I don’t need someone putting my pictures and face together somewhere that affects my job or family

I was instantly recognised by 2 friends on my current profile and that’s without a face pic.

So yeah… my choice

Happy to share if I get along with someone "

Very well said x

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

By all means post face pics here but don't complain when they turn up somewhere unexpected at the worst possible moment.

There's no going back.

Pathetic really!

I’ve recognised a family friend couple on here. I’d always had my suspicions and recognised her from her body shape, lips, eyes and red hair. I would never dream of approaching them about it. As they were only into couples or females. I think if anyone recognised me they would be embarrassed to shout it in public too.

That tells me you know who they are and how they would be about discretion.

I'm telling you the same too, but in opposite! Plus, in my situation it was a guy - and guys who know what the woman is up to away from work life, would be judged in an entirely different way!(in my Town and with situations from the past)

"

Yes of course I can only go on my own morals. Not other people. I totally understand where you are coming from though I’m sure some blokes will be less than discrete

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Ireland is a conservative culture, and has a small population where information travels almost at the speed of light; discretion is the watchword within this culture.

Anonymous profile and no public profile picture is reassuring for me!

In short ........

Much of society still frowns upon a sexually liberated Woman.

With this in mind, there is a big difference between a single Man and a married Woman in this lifestyle.

Yeah I've heard it so many times ...... But if they are here, they're here for the same thing.

Not necessarily, some are here to fantasise, plus, a single guy recognising a married lady friend/neighbour/work colleague etc etc, that could cause issues.

By *implynaughty1Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Because people like to be private

Mines on view , nothing to be scared of. Was told once that I was on a sex site ,just asked if they wanted to come along. No more hassle

Both have the same reasons to keep quite

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I used to post face pics when I was new here, but I soon learned it's not the best idea when you live in a small town and are far too easily recognized when out and about.

Face pics get sent when chats are happening a while, and expected back before meets take place every time.

Profiles with no pics will not gain any interest at all from us. Afraid to say we need some idea of who we might be talking to.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

We’re fairly out with our friends, it’s made our life so much more easier. So there’s no need to hide. We’ve had a couple of creeps say things like ‘I saw you out shopping’ but we generally just ignore them! They’re probably more scared of being outed than us!

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I live in a country village with about 500 population and the nearest town a mile away has a population of 10,000.

There are lots of people locally on fab. A guy 2 units down from work has a face pic and I know exactly who he is and chat to him regularly about work etc. I don't want him knowing about my private life even though I know about his.

Another guy in my little village has a profile and we message each other every day. He's married and doesn't have a face pic and I don't want the locals knowing what I get up to.

Half of our messages are trying to work out who the other one is.

I happily show my face if I intend to meet someone.

By *uckyFarmersCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

Yes i must agree do not understand why people will not show their face then the say they leave high-profile jobs they don't want to be recognised were all on these forums for the same thing fun i spose alive it will be the fact that sometimes are you say know the people they take the hump...

some people just don't like to be told no...

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We don't have high profile jobs, so not posting face pics is nothing to do with our jobs. We're discrete, we don't even discuss our sex lives with friends. To be more discreet we never put our real postcode either.

I don’t post my face pic is due to my job. I never send one first message

I don’t post my face pic is due to my job. I never send one first message. But will send one when I feel comfortable with the lady or couple. I avoid people wanting face pics immediately

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm not embarrassed to be on here and being found on here wouldn't cost me my job.

I learned a decade ago that putting my face on a hookup site wouldn't do me any favours in work though.

I work in purchasing and go into a lot of supplier negotiations. If a supplier recognised me on here and I didn't know about it, he could very easily bring that up in a negotiation and completely wrong-foot me. It's very difficult to regain any sort of negotiating position when someone has put you on the spot like that, trust me on this.

I have face pics available for people I plan to meet, but they'll never again be on public display.

It's different in a club or at a social - if they see me then I also see them, there isn't a huge power imbalance there. It's the fact that with my face on public display it's very easy for anyone to recognise me without my being aware of it.

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

You never know where your life will take you.

Because of that, and my involvement in BDSM, I don't show my face or my ink... It can have lasting repercussions.

Look up "UK Vs Pay" in the European court of Human rights.

By *eyeYCouple  over a year ago

Nr Leicester

Bit surprised as to why you'd need to ask in honesty.. We have fully identifiable pictures for friends and generally start a chat with one attached. Otherwise no with work, kid's or family..

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife

Too many judgmental people out there. Most people just don't need the hassle of being recognised.

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

It’s simple for us, we choose not to show our faces on our profile! We have many personal reasons for this, and ones that would hugely impact our lives in a negative way! If life was different then I would have no problem at all showing my face on our profile, but it’s not Miss pc

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

"Why are so many afraid to show their faces on their profile ? Rather hiding them in private galleries.

Ones views....."

Feel free to show your face pics here but we won't be joining you. Who knows where any of your pics are going to wind up and who might see them?

By *aseMan  over a year ago

Gourock

Probably cheating on there partner..

By *hewifeandiCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We know of a couple who liked to have gangbangs and had a face pic on their profile. One morning the street woke up to pics of them from there profile on trees and lampposts some ppl had them put through the doors with notes saying " do you know what your neighbours do on Friday nights" so we can understand first hand why ppl don't we've also had our pics past about as some one recognised our faces safe to say we don't have them on ours anymore

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

I expect to see and send face pics pretty much straight away, but I’d only send to fully verified profiles.

Too many idiots on here for a quick wank rather than to actually club or meet. Lots of men on here can’t deal with rejection and get so nasty when you say no, my face being out there isn’t worth that back lash.

My privacy is more important than a public face pic

And no, as above. Not cheating on a partner, how silly

By *luttyLaylaWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Yes i must agree do not understand why people will not show their face then the say they leave high-profile jobs they don't want to be recognised were all on these forums for the same thing fun i spose alive it will be the fact that sometimes are you say know the people they take the hump...

some people just don't like to be told no..."

The problem is, most of us aren’t on here for the same things or there wouldn’t be so many blank profiles!

Hence the reason I’m absolutely fine with attending clubs and even bumping into people I know by accident…. There your all there for a reason, don’t think we are on here xx

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Ones views....."

To prevent the perverts from Sydney University gawping.

By *enelope2UWoman  over a year ago

Fife

My job is more important than being on a swinger site. Add being likely the only black face where I go it's not worth it guys on here can't understand what you like to do doesn't define who you are outside of that.

By *enelope2UWoman  over a year ago

Fife

"I don’t post my face pic is due to my job. I never send one first message. But will send one when I feel comfortable with the lady or couple. I avoid people wanting face pics immediately "

Same!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

To protect their privacy but also stop those who steal them and use on another site to create an account to hide behind list goes on

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

[Removed by poster at 08/11/21 23:09:29]

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The most identifiable feature of any human being is their visage, their face, and therefore something of the utmost value to be protected.

Sites are being increasingly hacked, identities stolen and misused inappropriately.

I guard my identity with the greatest, most scrupulous care.

Because we'd rather send to people who aren't time wasters and are who they say they are.

By *asques and boxersCouple  over a year ago

Ashford and dept16

Would of thought everyone would understand that one!

We don't even put them in our friends anymore strictly private, three profile names on after attempts to badger.

Good practise.

By *oly Fuck Sticks BatmanCouple  over a year ago

here & there

Simply put - because they don’t have to!

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Simply put - because they don’t have to! "

Exactly

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

I don't want every Tom, Dick and Harry knowing how I look like and believe, that because I am on a swingers site, that I am "easy" and would fuck anyone. Nothing further from the truth.

By *uy4swingingMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It is a choice. But most use their instincts to remain private

Intuitively sex is a private affair and best enjoyed when not made public.

Sometimes sex is shared privately with consentual likeminded people

Sexual harassment is rife when you expose your preferences and can be used and abused at work or with neighbours families and friends.

In summary in the human world sexual privacy, including covering our genitals, reduces conflict and harressment. Where there is trust and like-mindedness we can expose our minds and our bodies and our faces - consentually.

By *inky_ragnarCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

Cis post much

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

There's a lot of judgement put there and people often don't ust want to put their sex lives out there for all to discuss, especially when it's outside the usual realm of monogamous relationships.

There are also a lot of guys who would try it on if they knew a woman or a couple was on here looking for sexual partners.

It's adier for most to go public in a more controlled way.

By *minorMan  over a year ago

deed

"Cis post much"

The level of ughh in this snippy comment is really something.

The ____... much reply sounds like teen level snark, also “cis” is a bs made up bit of nonsense.

Grow up

By *cotladdMan  over a year ago

Largs

Reading through all the replies I was thinking the very same thing.

A fab user wth a false profile used my facial image on a local community facebook page.

It was a malicious post and the Police were involved.

Hence I don't show my face any longer...

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"It is a choice. But most use their instincts to remain private

Intuitively sex is a private affair and best enjoyed when not made public.

Sometimes sex is shared privately with consentual likeminded people

Sexual harassment is rife when you expose your preferences and can be used and abused at work or with neighbours families and friends.

In summary in the human world sexual privacy, including covering our genitals, reduces conflict and harressment. Where there is trust and like-mindedness we can expose our minds and our bodies and our faces - consentually.

"

Great Post!

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

The statistical probability of being recognised isn't the point though, little is gained from fully revealing yourself, probably moreso for women and couples who are already inundated with suitable encounters without having to reveal their faces.

By *uicypeaches77Couple  over a year ago

Torquay

The statistical probability of being recognised isn't the point though, little is gained from fully revealing yourself, probably moreso for women and couples who are already inundated with suitable encounters without having to reveal their faces."

If you live in a small town you will definitely be recognised...experienced it rather naively on my singles profile ...not again

H

By *lackbomberMan  over a year ago

newtownabbey

What a stupid question to ask could you not work that out you attention seeking idiot

newtownabbey

Ones views....."

what a stupid question to ask

newtownabbey

"People have the right to privacy, I really don’t want anyone I know to look at my profile and know that it’s me. I actually don’t understand how you aren’t worried about someone you know seeing your profile and recognising you and then seeing a picture of your hard cock covered in cum. You must be a lot more liberal and carefree than most on here which is a great way to be.

Is seeing someone’s face really the most important thing for you though? I tend to read the bio before I even look at the pictures to check whether we match on a personal level rather than just a physical one. "

well said hope that does answer his question maybe more a case of trying to advertise himself

» Add a new message to this topic