to the site and these forums

what can i expect ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/12 18:24:04]

"[Removed by poster at 05/10/12 18:24:04]"

They go hand in hand...people look and comment, as I did.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 05/10/12 18:31:24]

"[Removed by poster at 05/10/12 18:24:04]

"

People feel the need to comment where it's often not required.

The profile works for me

Some people like it simple

Some people like it candid

These are the types I seek

So back to the question !

There's gotta be more expectancies than having my profile commented on when I ask a question or make a comment ?

By *njamesMan  over a year ago

Swindon

"to the site and these forums

what can i expect ?"

Don't expect anything at all is the honest answer, as you will probably be disapointed when you find that this is not a free for all and ladies and couples will not fall at your feet the moment your profile goes live. if you want anything from this site then you will have to work hard, bloody hard and be that little bit better than the thousands of other single males profiles out there.

Secondly, get used to the banter and comments in the forums and DO NOT take it too personally (as hard as that sounds)

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Newhay gave you what you can expect on the forum quite well I thought!

What you say in your profile does matter, if you want people on the forums to take you seriously.

Many times we look at people profiles before we interact with them in the forums.

You say that your profile works for you.. maybe it does, but after only 7 days on here, I think NOT!. Looking at all the verifies you got (NONE) you are doing just fine!

Just check out all the threads on here for single men, who cannot get a meet, even when they have a good profile! For a single male to get a meet on here can take ages, most give up trying, but as people who meet with single guys you're gonna have to think hard about your profile and attitude to get anywhere in here!

By *njamesMan  over a year ago

Swindon

"Newhay gave you what you can expect on the forum quite well I thought!

What you say in your profile does matter, if you want people on the forums to take you seriously.

Many times we look at people profiles before we interact with them in the forums.

You say that your profile works for you.. maybe it does, but after only 7 days on here, I think NOT!. Looking at all the verifies you got (NONE) you are doing just fine!

Just check out all the threads on here for single men, who cannot get a meet, even when they have a good profile! For a single male to get a meet on here can take ages, most give up trying, but as people who meet with single guys you're gonna have to think hard about your profile and attitude to get anywhere in here!"

Completely agree

what can i expect ?

Don't expect anything at all is the honest answer, as you will probably be disapointed when you find that this is not a free for all and ladies and couples will not fall at your feet the moment your profile goes live. if you want anything from this site then you will have to work hard, bloody hard and be that little bit better than the thousands of other single males profiles out there.

Secondly, get used to the banter and comments in the forums and DO NOT take it too personally (as hard as that sounds)"

Thanks for you answer

I am no illusions that this site will provide 'easy lays'.

Why should it be any easier here than down the pub or out with the lads ?

I fully understand people seek different things in life and in sex.

What I seek in both are very different things.

I can see the difference and from the interest I have had in my profile, so can others.

As for the personal thing, my skin is pretty thick and I am fully capable of taking criticism (both constructive and not so constructive) and definately bring on the banter

"Newhay gave you what you can expect on the forum quite well I thought!

Just check out all the threads on here for single men, who cannot get a meet, even when they have a good profile! For a single male to get a meet on here can take ages, most give up trying, but as people who meet with single guys you're gonna have to think hard about your profile and attitude to get anywhere in here!"

My attitude and my profile aren't what are up for discussion here, but seeing as that is what you seem to be concerned about, let me eloborate.

As in my response to the gent above, what the profile suggests to some and what is the 'real me' are two completely seperate things.

The profile is purely a reflection of a sexual me, not the whole of me or indeed my whole sexual persona.

You may find the profile distasteful, disrespectful, hopeful, bland or any one of a whole number of negative adjectives and as a result it would not be attractive to you.

But it is attractive to some and during my first week I do have a meet under my belt and others that may be termed as 'work in progress' so contrary to what you believe, do not assume that your way is the right way.

If your methods work for you, great but please return me the luxury of allowing me to post with my current profile without making comments about not being taken seriously.

Cheshire and London

Well as we said we were just telling you like it is, it doesn't bother us what you put in your profile. We understand that people have different tastes, being swinging for over 20 years has told us that.

Back to the point you asked what the forum as the site was like and we told you, as it is.

Good luck with your search for whatever you are looking for.!

"

Back to the point you asked what the forum as the site was like and we told you, as it is."

You told me 'as it is' as you see it (and I fully understand that many others will see it that way too).

I still disagree however that to be taken seriously that your profile must look a certain way or fit certain criteria.

Thanks for responding though, discussion is cool

Cheshire and London

"

Back to the point you asked what the forum as the site was like and we told you, as it is.

You told me 'as it is' as you see it (and I fully understand that many others will see it that way too).

I still disagree however that to be taken seriously that your profile must look a certain way or fit certain criteria.

Thanks for responding though, discussion is cool "

No not as I see it, as it is!

Again! There are Loads of newbees who have posted on the forums, asking why they are not getting much luck or not been able to get in to discussions on the forums.. the answer is always the same look at your profile..where are you pics.. and the list goes on...that's not as I see, it but how loads of experienced swingers see it.

I understand that you want to put whatever on your profile and as you said it's up to you, which I agree, but looking through the past post on here and many other swingers site we have been on over the years, tells us that people do like a profile that meets a certain criteria! Sad but very true.

The fact is that people without pics on their profile, cannot be bothered to change the age range from 99 years, looking for any sex male ,female, tv..the lot..while claiming to be straight..is not a good way to get a response. You will get some but it can be restrictive. Again past post will tell you that.. not my opion, just based on the opions of many on this site!

Shock tactics have a very limited audience

[Removed by poster at 05/10/12 21:15:28]

"

Thanks for responding though, discussion is cool

No not as I see it, as it is!

Again! There are Loads of newbees who have posted on the forums, asking why they are not getting much luck or not been able to get in to discussions on the forums.. the answer is always the same look at your profile..where are you pics.. and the list goes on...that's not as I see, it but how loads of experienced swingers see it.

I understand that you want to put whatever on your profile and as you said it's up to you, which I agree, but looking through the past post on here and many other swingers site we have been on over the years, tells us that people do like a profile that meets a certain criteria! Sad but very true.

The fact is that people without pics on their profile, cannot be bothered to change the age range from 99 years, looking for any sex male ,female, tv..the lot..while claiming to be straight..is not a good way to get a response. You will get some but it can be restrictive. Again past post will tell you that.. not my opion, just based on the opions of many on this site!

Shock tactics have a very limited audience "

I will learn by my own experience as opposed to taking yours as gospel.

I am not detracting or demeaning from your experience in saying that but again it does become a matter of horses for courses.

Let us consider for one minute that whilst this site may have had in it's roots, a basis for what many regard as 'true swinging', from what I have seen in my albeit limited time here, that image or idea (whilst being the case for some) is far from the ideal or intention for all being here.

So whilst I understand that some may wish to label their lifestyle as 'swinging' and themselves as 'swingers' there are a huge amount of people here looking for both simple sexual gratification and dare I say it, dating opportunities.

I fall slap bang in the sexual gratification category as opposed to the swinging or dating ones and my profile reflects that.

It is dynamic and over time will probably change in its content, but to suit me and where I am at at that time as opposed to suiting a convention that is equally narrow in its outlook.

'Looking to fuck sluts'

It's not a winner for me sorry but I dont think you should it if it works for you.

As for the forums, I think they're a great way to get an idea of someone's personality by what they post.

[Removed by poster at 05/10/12 21:33:55]

"'Looking to fuck sluts'

It's not a winner for me sorry but I dont think you should it if it works for you.

As for the forums, I think they're a great way to get an idea of someone's personality by what they post. "

thanks for your input and your ever so loaded last comment and , haha

Could we see your verification please? I see you have it hidden...

By *wencatWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

well sorry fuck sluts sounds awful to me.. come in do the business and leave sounds very cold and harsh u sound like a real charmer but that's just my thoughts and a profile like yours would make me think twice you ask what to expect well if I was u not very much really a lot of blocks and been ignored .

"'Looking to fuck sluts'

As for the forums, I think they're a great way to get an idea of someone's personality by what they post. "

I would agree as he does come across as articulate and intelligent even if his profile (which I haven't looked at) doesn't

"Could we see your verification please? I see you have it hidden... "

Some people don't like to show them, others only show some, horses for courses

"well sorry fuck sluts sounds awful to me.. come in do the business and leave sounds very cold and harsh u sound like a real charmer but that's just my thoughts and a profile like yours would make me think twice you ask what to expect well if I was u not very much really a lot of blocks and been ignored . "

I guess that is the gauntlet that I run with the profile in its current format.

As I said earlier, it is a reflection of part of me and not an overall reflection of my views on women as a whole and swingers in general (it is women that seem to have the bigger issue with the use of the term 'slut')

Stop and think and see that whilst the profile is crude in it's content, am I actually searching for anything any different to thousands of single men on here ?

I suggest not. My methods may be different, but my aim isn't - to meet people and have sex with them.

So what is different ? That to get to their end game, some guys use the flattery, humour or let's all be friends approaches ?

Put as many veils on them as you like, but when it comes to the day of reckoning, they still just want the same thing. They just dress it up better and make you feel better about yourself in the process.

I can also understand why some people may not want to align themselves with the term 'slut' as it does carry negative conuratations, but again ask yourself to a great deal of the popular public, is what you are doing any different to those people who are comfortable with the term i.e. meeting people, multiple people online for sex

You can justify it with the term lifestyle and 'it's a social thing too' but it does amount to the same thing in its basest context.

Some people however, and this applies to all sexes and sexualities (from the response that I have had) do get on board with the whole 'slut' idea.

They see it for what it is - an extension of their sexual self and how they obtain their sexual gratification.

They are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, friends, lovers, partners, we would pass them in the street just like anyone, but part of them, understands where I am coming from and the way my profile is laid out triggers something in them.

It is those people I seek. I do not feel the need to fit in with the conventions here to widen my pool of potentials.

Those that are interested will make themselves known. Those that aren't will, as you quite rightly say, will ignore and move on or block and move on.

I am cool with that.

"'Looking to fuck sluts'

As for the forums, I think they're a great way to get an idea of someone's personality by what they post.

I would agree as he does come across as articulate and intelligent even if his profile (which I haven't looked at) doesn't"

Thank You

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"[Removed by poster at 05/10/12 18:24:04]

"

and straight but lads and lasses ! not quite so straight then

You should expect people to check thats what they are for.. and when you asked what to exoect they will check and answer your post. you didnt ask people to only post things you would like to hear !

"'Looking to fuck sluts'

I would agree as he does come across as articulate and intelligent even if his profile (which I haven't looked at) doesn't"

and very long winded

Cheshire and London

"

I will learn by my own experience as opposed to taking yours as gospel.

I am not detracting or demeaning from your experience in saying that but again it does become a matter of horses for courses.

"

Your not getting the message at all!!!!

These are not my experiences, I have never mentioned what my experiences are!

The question you asked was about the forums and the answer was given about what other members(not me) have said about profiles and being taken seriously within the forums.

I agree that there are many types of swingers and all are looking for something different. But a quick look at the forums will tell you what the bulk of forum users think on these matter(right or not).

"'Looking to fuck sluts'

I would agree as he does come across as articulate and intelligent even if his profile (which I haven't looked at) doesn'tand very long winded "

I think he was responding though to other posts made

We can all be articulate and seen to be skilled in the art of chat and chatting up, however when the message we are giving at our ‘shop window’ our profile page, is odious to many of the people we are trying to attract, would seem rather counterproductive.....The best part is because you are local to me.....and don’t pose any competition to attract new people !!! ....lol

The op has a great , honest profile and we love it - if you were not so far from us you would be most welcome to come over and fuck this slut then go !

By *ontana31Man  over a year ago

renfrew

what can i expect ?

Secondly, get used to the banter and comments in the forums and DO NOT take it too personally (as hard as that sounds)"

very true my mate told me bout this site and thats wot i thought it would be like and iv still not had a meet lol

See what has been written on this thread over the past day, well that's pretty much what to expect

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

what can i expect ?"

New or returning?

Cheshire and London

Notice he changed is profile!

"Notice he changed is profile! "

It was kinda deliberate.

Well, it wasn't kinda, it was deliberate.

Just to prove a little point to myself.

Apologies to anyone I wound up or offended in the process.

"Notice he changed is profile!

It was kinda deliberate.

Well, it wasn't kinda, it was deliberate.

Just to prove a little point to myself.

Apologies to anyone I wound up or offended in the process."

Got me banned....lol

» Add a new message to this topic