FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Been T total for 13 years now but you know what i think it's time for a drink

Been T total for 13 years now but you know what i think it's time for a drink

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you all think ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

If you been dry for so long I guess there was a reason.

Having just spent a week on holiday with a dear friend of 36 who has a severe drink problem (alcoholic)I would say stay dry if there is the remotest chance you will ever overdo it.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"Questions I would not ask on the "forum" section of a swinger's site no 227"....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"What do you all think ??"

No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

NO.

i really do mean that. It is so not worth it after that time. The assumption is that you HAD to stop or else....(maybe wrong, and if so i apologise), but if you take up again, you start right from where you left off, and its a rapid slide from there.

Remember.......God grant me the wisdom (any one with addiction troubles will recognise the start of this prayer).

Sincerely hope you make the right choice, and if you have any issues please dont hesitate to message me as i have a large wealth of experience in this field (not with drinking, but the effect it has on others)

xxSindy

Id say man up and have a coffee tea is a girl drink

By *imwildWoman  over a year ago

around

He only said he was t-total not reformed alcoholic!!! Op was there a reason you choose not to drink for so long??

Don't do it today

I assumed that this was not about drink

No not after that long it isn't

By *ack Genuine BullMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

If you ever need someone to talk with, please message me and I will be pleased to help if I can.

PM me or we can talk on the phone......

Please remember you are never alone....

Unless you want to be!

I've not d*unk for approx 11 years,

I enjoy myself more without alcohol x

By *uby0000Woman  over a year ago

hertfordshire

if the op had a drink problem then no

All depends why you gave up the drink but if you've gone without for so long, why start again now?

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

A reply would be good

Thank you all for your messages and yes i gave up because i was a alcoholic,

and so far been able to resist the temptation but very hard right now

just knowing that there is people that care has helped thank you so much. xx

Well done on giving it up! I've got no experience and probably not much help but keep resisting

By *pock123Couple  over a year ago

sheffield

Yep just had one myself and enjoyed it!

By *lassyandadventurousMan  over a year ago

England and Wales

If your a alcoholic stay off it mate

You should be so proud you beat it...dont go backwards pal.

All the best mate

[Removed by poster at 19/02/14 22:11:31]

"Yep just had one myself and enjoyed it!"

thanks that really helps ????

"If your a alcoholic stay off it mate

You should be so proud you beat it...dont go backwards pal.

All the best mate"

Thank you am trying so hard

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

ive never been in the situation of depending on drink .. thank god ...

if just the one leads on to just the two .. then half a bottle ... then just the two bottles ... you gotta put the demon behind you .. hope you conquer your demon .. sex is better sober anyway .. so is driving .. and most other things

My vanilla ex an alcholic now who lost her kids through drink...now suicidal...for all i know dead.....dont do it fella...stay strong n sensible

"My vanilla ex an alcholic now who lost her kids through drink...now suicidal...for all i know dead.....dont do it fella...stay strong n sensible"

Ahh sad times .... Agree with the above

Tomorrow's another day ... You resisted today remain positive for tomorrow

Dont do it..

and more top the point why bother?

Only get hangover etc

I used to go clubbing etc but cba n e more as don't like hangovers plus seems to take me longer to recover lol

"My vanilla ex an alcholic now who lost her kids through drink...now suicidal...for all i know dead.....dont do it fella...stay strong n sensible

Ahh sad times .... Agree with the above

Tomorrow's another day ... You resisted today remain positive for tomorrow "

I was never a problem drinker but in the forces I guess I was a heavy drinker. Went with the culture. I am lucky not to need drink these days. Not been remotely guttered for over three yrs but will have a few socially now and again.

If you have managed for so long do your damndest to stay off....good luck.

Thanks guys really do appreciate your comments been a real hard couple of months with lots of bad memories

Just wanted to let you all know i am managing so far to fight the demons thanks to people like you just got to keep going thank you xx

Wow, well done for resisting temptation

Good on you. Don't give up on giving up. x

By *adyGardenWoman  over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Life is about goi g forwards not backwards. Don't go down that path again it just isn't worth it.

My step grandad was an alcoholic and ruined more than just his life. He never did give up so well done you and much respect.

Keep those demons at bay

"What do you all think ??"
Depends on why u were T total for 13 yrs ? if it was 1 day at a time maybe give it 1 more day

"What do you all think ??Depends on why u were T total for 13 yrs ? if it was 1 day at a time maybe give it 1 more day "

"Just wanted to let you all know i am managing so far to fight the demons thanks to people like you just got to keep going thank you xx"

"Life is about goi g forwards not backwards. Don't go down that path again it just isn't worth it.

My step grandad was an alcoholic and ruined more than just his life. He never did give up so well done you and much respect.

Keep those demons at bay"

I am trying my hardest to keep them away not easy but people like you do help more than you will ever know,thank you xx

Been a good weekend as for keeping my demons away now just need some nice company xx

"Been a good weekend as for keeping my demons away now just need some nice company xx"

Well done and I hope you'll find someone nice to keep you company

"Been a good weekend as for keeping my demons away now just need some nice company xx

Well done and I hope you'll find someone nice to keep you company "

Thank you xx

Admire you for the length of time you have been sober. Don't give in to drink again as you will never get your life back.

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

If you're in recovery ..don't do it ... first one that causes the damage . might regret it further down the line

Stay strong buddie. Been clean here since jan 3rd 1994. Sex is my only vice and is usually enough to keep my demons at bay lol. Being a non drinker does make it more nerve wrecking on a first meet or social but theres more of us out there than you could possibly imagine. Stay strong and value you 11 years. Someone here will help you beat the urge. Good luck

You could always pick up the phone and talk to someone like yourself

Well done for giving it up. I hope you don't give in. There is no just having the one. My dad has recently restarted and in a few weeks the booze has him worse than ever. He was happy and sober. Now he's d*unk and hating himself.

I was on and off for 8 years after my Dad's death then stopped for good 16 years ago. I have no desire to drink ever again, there are plenty of nice soft drinks and different types of hot drinks served in pubs and clubs all over Britain now

By *over-manMan  over a year ago

motherwell

don't drink am just out off rehab am an sober 7 days now i go to AA meeting twice a week

By *picyminxWoman  over a year ago

Huntingdon

"Stay strong buddie. Been clean here since jan 3rd 1994. Sex is my only vice and is usually enough to keep my demons at bay lol. Being a non drinker does make it more nerve wrecking on a first meet or social but theres more of us out there than you could possibly imagine. Stay strong and value you 11 years. Someone here will help you beat the urge. Good luck "

I have a 5 year birthday coming up

It'll be a really bad hangover

I gave up 20yrs ago and feel so much better without alcohol in my system

Stay strong so much more to life than drink

"Stay strong buddie. Been clean here since jan 3rd 1994. Sex is my only vice and is usually enough to keep my demons at bay lol. Being a non drinker does make it more nerve wrecking on a first meet or social but theres more of us out there than you could possibly imagine. Stay strong and value you 11 years. Someone here will help you beat the urge. Good luck

I have a 5 year birthday coming up "

my second birthday coming up in 2 weeks i dont ever wish to go back out my only regret since i took my 1st step is that i didnt do it 15 yrs b4. keep doing the suggested things 1 day at a time and when in choppy water i hour at a time if need be Hang in there amigo there nothing out there (well i can only speak for myself) except pain and misery Good luck my friend.

Chapter Five

HOW IT WORKS

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our directions. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way. They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a way of life which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average. There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

Our stories disclose in a general way what we used to be like, what happened, and what we are like now. If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it -then you are ready to follow directions.

At some of these you may balk. You may think you can find an easier, softer way. We doubt if you can. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.

Remember that you are dealing with alcohol - cunning, baffling, powerful!

[Removed by poster at 25/02/14 01:46:14]

If you are struggling get yourself to an AA meeting where you will get the right support. We all have hard times but its how we deal with them and move on that is the hard part stay strong and you will see the light again x

Thank you all again for your kind messages, managing to still keep the demons away your posts help me more than you will ever know, thank you so much.

Just need to find a nice lady or 2 for some regular fun to help take my mind of things.

"Thank you all again for your kind messages, managing to still keep the demons away your posts help me more than you will ever know, thank you so much.

Just need to find a nice lady or 2 for some regular fun to help take my mind of things. "

be carful what you wish for its women that turned me to drink in the first place till I saw the light and got divorced. I also quit on my own.

"Thank you all again for your kind messages, managing to still keep the demons away your posts help me more than you will ever know, thank you so much.

Just need to find a nice lady or 2 for some regular fun to help take my mind of things. "

I really think that if your struggling with sobriety you should have a break from here and concentrate on your recovery, sex can be part of the illness as I'm sure your aware

» Add a new message to this topic