FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Should I stay or should I go now?... [apologies to The Clash]

Should I stay or should I go now?... [apologies to The Clash]

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *opinov OP   Man  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Should I stay or should I go now?...

I seem to be getting nowhere here and I suspect I may be flogging a dead horse - I wonder if my profile is putting folks off.

I didn't want to go down the route of so many other profiles here. You know the type - no photos and one line saying something utterly vacuous and unhelpful like "Been here before so know how it works", etc. (really?... but still too dense and lazy to write a profile or upload a basic photo) - or a load of petulant shite about being too good for most people hereabouts (usually written with caps lock superglued down, presumably to save the effort of learning how to punctuate) - or some narcissistic crap about "destroying yer fanny" accompanied by a series of stomach turning dribbling cock shots snapped in the style of a bizarre fatal wanking accident scene investigation.

Anyway, so I've written as full, descriptive and courteous a profile as possible with photos showing my body type (no cock pics - really do detest them), sent polite and friendly messages (with face pics and whatever other loops jumped through) and engaged in this, that and everything else... but to no avail. Really, two meets in seven years - all this nonsense about Planet X or Nibiru is nothing more than random sightings of my ever expanding blue balls, which I can't help feeling are starting to cause weird gravitational distortions of what's left of my jaded shrinking brain.

Sure, I understand it doesn't help that I'm a guy (and, therefore, lower than plankton) living in the Frigid District .. er, I mean Lake District, but I'd have thought I might have met at least a few more friendly people in the years I've been here - so I can only imagine I'm doing something disgusting and awful to put them off.

I think I've pretty much reached the point where I'm throwing good effort after bad and rapidly descending into sarcasm... which I realise probably doesn't come across too well but I might as well get at least some kind of cathartic pleasure from the place. After seven years or so, my only friend updates are site announcements about 'most fabbed' or 'green dots'.

Like a desiccated plant rattling about in a long abandoned pot in box filled spare room with drawn curtains and no light bulb, I've finally run out of motivation or ideas for novel introductions and the like just to see them deleted without even being read. Don't get me wrong, I've still got plenty to say to the right people, and lots more to offer besides, but I've written so many messages that I've reached the point where I've got nothing left to say any more to people who aren't even reading them.

Ergo, ladies - am I wasting my time?..

[PS - apologies to The Clash for misappropriating their song title.]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

You've been around these sites as long as I have, if not longer.

You know how hard it can be and that it happens in periods. 1 minute you're popular, the next you are living the life of a monk.

Just go with it, hide your profile if you want to take a break, but don't leave. Unless you really want to of course.

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Only you can decide.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What a cracking eloquent post - best i've read in a long time Can't offer any advice (not that it would be worth offering if i'm honest) but maybe the bit in your profile about being in a long-term sexless relationship is putting people off? That and your blue balls lol!

Good luck whatever you choose to do fella - maybe try writing a series of short stories

It is an eloquent post and you clearly care what people think about you, that much is apparent from your profile.

As has just been said, the reference in your profile to being in a sexless relationship will have a lot of people reaching for the delete button, despite it's honesty - it just reads a bit harsh.

And your profile is LONG - longer than most and even though I started to read it, I ran out of steam and I dare say that will be true of people you're trying to attract. I don't think it's that difficult to meet people on here, be patient and perhaps try a totally different approach!

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"You've been around these sites as long as I have, if not longer.

You know how hard it can be and that it happens in periods. 1 minute you're popular, the next you are living the life of a monk.

Just go with it, hide your profile if you want to take a break, but don't leave. Unless you really want to of course."

You're quite right, of course - there's surely an ebb and a flow to this sort of thing. I'd prefer not to leave, and I'd love to find someone who has the capacity to appreciate what I have to offer, but I also have a certain degree of self respect and reluctance to waste my time. If I were engaged in a conversation, in the 'real world' where everything I said was either ignored or thrown back in my face, then I'd be a fool to persist... I'm beginning to feel I've long since arrived at that point here.

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"What a cracking eloquent post - best i've read in a long time Can't offer any advice (not that it would be worth offering if i'm honest) but maybe the bit in your profile about being in a long-term sexless relationship is putting people off? That and your blue balls lol!

Good luck whatever you choose to do fella - maybe try writing a series of short stories "

_____

"It is an eloquent post and you clearly care what people think about you, that much is apparent from your profile.

As has just been said, the reference in your profile to being in a sexless relationship will have a lot of people reaching for the delete button, despite it's honesty - it just reads a bit harsh.

And your profile is LONG - longer than most and even though I started to read it, I ran out of steam and I dare say that will be true of people you're trying to attract. I don't think it's that difficult to meet people on here, be patient and perhaps try a totally different approach! "

Thanks to you both for that. I wrote the part about being in a sexless relationship because I wanted no ambiguity as to my situation from the outset - perhaps I should take your advice and cut it down a bit.

On the other hand, I'd hate to find myself making all the effort to find someone to play with, only to discover they have no intellect or attention span.

Incidentally, I have written a couple of short tales, though I'm not sure they're to everyone's taste... maybe that's what's putting folks off.

Here they are, if you're interested:

"Parked Up in the Woods" - a brief encounter in a car ... http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/stories/165648

"The Creature in the Bothy" - a slightly twisted fantasy ... http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/stories/166541

There is no need to leave really, just stay on the forum. I stopped yearrsssssss ago to find one lol so yes the forum is a great place to use instead.

Well I'd have met you but I'm a podgy blonde

» Add a new message to this topic