FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Choice of username

Choice of username

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm thinking my username gives the impression that I'm foreign. Which would be the first impression people get of me.

The username coupled with my really bad spelling will have people thinking I'm Polish.

Who thinks a good username is important and is my as bad as I think.

Barry.

Not Polish, Scouse, probably worse.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Yup - thought its was Polish also.

Usernames to avoid would be anything with "preg", "cunt" and "69". So if anyone out there is called (PregCunt69 ??) then best start again from scratch.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm thinking my username gives the impression that I'm foreign. Which would be the first impression people get of me.

The username coupled with my really bad spelling will have people thinking I'm Polish.

Who thinks a good username is important and is my as bad as I think.

Barry.

Not Polish, Scouse, probably worse.

"

The name is fine by me. You're too ready to accept scouse criticism for me. Im gonna change my name to GrannyScouse.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Is ScouseCrumpet taken, then?

By *LLSEXEDUPMan  over a year ago

Reading

I think a username is not that imprtant although some peple would argue that, looking back I would have selected a different username for sure.

OP - perhaps if you explain what the current ID actually means, we can make more specific suggestions

Forum Mod

There are some atrocious usernames out there that are most definatley offputting,the OPs is'nt like that but it does sound foreign

It obviously means something to you so I would keep it

IMO usernames are very important, and I agree with Honeypot that there are some which are very off-putting. However, OP, there is nothing wrong with your username - it does sound a bit Polish, but over a million Polish people live in Britain, and I'm sure some of them like to swing

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

1 million, I didnt think of that, maybe I will appeal to the polish community

In answer to what it means. It was a spur of the moment thing when I had to think of a username years ago and I just kept on using it. Originally I think it was a re-hash of Alexi Sayles landlord characters name from the young ones.

I may simple add, "Not Polish" or "british" to my profile, but as some of you have already proved the first imression is Polish, which proves the poin the username does matter. Oh well stuck with it now..

Thanks for the feedback.

You're not stuck with it. If you did want to change it, the facility is available to site supporters.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont think a username is that important but some can be very off putting similiar to the ones _habs said. Although i dont know what yours means its inoffensive. I believe the username miner21 is still free, now that would be a good name

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

usernames are first impression material and are important. Another thing to consider is when you meet in the real world. I went to a get together on another site and everyone was introducing themselves as their usernames, so these were the names used throughout the evening. What may sounds racy and exciting on the site can be extremely embarrassing in the real world. And keeping a straight face talking to them isn't easy either.

Forum Mod

Yes...good evening nice to meet you "cum up my bum"

My initial user name was BIP, - which equates to " Bi-Irish-Paddy" inherited from a previous site.

Fellow forumites then labeled me Bippy!

Over a few months, I've changed my User id to Dastardly, then Pitstop, Why because I was banned for a while.

I've reverted back to Bippy.

Name choices, do reflect alot about one's persona.

My advice, stick with what you feel is best suited to you.

Bippy

"Yup - thought its was Polish also.

Usernames to avoid would be anything with "preg", "cunt" and "69". So if anyone out there is called (PregCunt69 ??) then best start again from scratch."

Hey whats wrong with '69' lol its the year of my birth!!!

hmmm just realised that when translated mine means 'love69'....which of course I do

Partial to that myself......

"hmmm just realised that when translated mine means 'love69'....which of course I do "

Think people either like or hate our name. Bit like marmite, which is what we are - an acquired taste!

I think, probably like me that the poster was eager to get into the site proper, and just thought of a quick username off the top , which is what i did, i'm thinking of changing mine, although what to is another question, it's a tricky thing.

» Add a new message to this topic