FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Not getting anywhere

Not getting anywhere

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *outh west fun OP   Man  over a year ago

keynsham

Hi everyone is this site that hard for single men who are honest and want to play ? Is my profile bad any tips or advice would be a help ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes....your profile is bad (you did ask).

There are probably 500+ threads on this same topic.

I suggest you read them and if in time delete your own post as this in itself will make it harder for you.

"Hi everyone is this site that hard for single men who are honest and want to play ? Is my profile bad any tips or advice would be a help ? "

Nothing there to give any advice on.

Read the other men who have asked the same question many times.Its a pure cockfest on here now and you need to be patient.Profile could do with more likes and dislikes.And a whole lot of patience.

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"Hi everyone is this site that hard for single men who are honest and want to play ? Is my profile bad any tips or advice would be a help ? "

Your profile text is two lines and doesn't indicate what you are after or what you have to offer, nor is it engaging or interesting...

Would you contact you with this profile?

You should at least smile in your photos...

You need patience lol

keynsham

Very true thanks for pointing that out will change it ASAP

Er, what profile?

Sorry fella, but your profile text is less than two lines in length.

Think about it. Does that really tell anybody anything about you?

What you have to offer?

How you stand out from the thousands of other single guys on fab?

Yes, it can be tough for single guys here, but you are the only one who can affect your experience here.

Do a forum search for profile advice, and look at a few single male profiles to get a feel for what works and what doesn't - don't worry, you won't catch the ghey by doing this, lol

Take mine, for instance. It is informative and well laid out and yet even I struggle to get anywhere at times.

The big difference though is effort.

You need to take some time over your profile.

As has been said many times, effort in = rewards out

keynsham

Thank you very good advice and see your point now two lines not very interesting will change this ASAP

"Thank you very good advice and see your point now two lines not very interesting will change this ASAP "

Grammar, spelling and content bad. If you have a personality (and a smile), use it. Otherwise, yes, you will be lost in a sea of men, as you put it.

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

"You need patience lol"

This is good advice if you just want to sit back on the off chance someone might come to you, which is highly unlikely, on the other hand you can be proactive and get off your ass, get out there and put some effort in, theres alot more to swinging than creating a profile on a swinging site.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

Yes, you have made your profile longer, but it still seems very rushed and you have paid no regard to grammar and punctuation. Take time to read over it yourself and see if it makes sense.

And as said before - smile!!! You look so miserable!!

Try smiling in your pics and use spellchecker, punctuation and paragraphs. Good luck

"Thank you very good advice and see your point now two lines not very interesting will change this ASAP "

I feel it's still the same boring drivel as the other profiles

I lnow its hard to write it as no matter what you do is wrong

Wow everyone is being nice today

I opened this thread and thought he would get roasted...

"Wow everyone is being nice today

I opened this thread and thought he would get roasted... "

That's because we just started out days give it time for something to ruin the day and then the 100 or so single guys asking for profile advice will get rude replies

keynsham

I think at the weekend a long hard think of what to include and thank you for pointing out grammar and spelling back to school I think.

keynsham

Thank you for advice did realise my spelling and grammar was that bad back to school for me .

"I think at the weekend a long hard think of what to include and thank you for pointing out grammar and spelling back to school I think."

If your really interested in doing this join David deangelo email list

Even order his book read it and send it back for a refund

i think that's the best advice for anyone starting

By *ordonBennettMan  over a year ago

dover

"Thank you for advice did realise my spelling and grammar was that bad back to school for me ."

I think you mean you didn't realise ....

You need to check what you write before posting and certainly before uploading to your profile as it currently doesn't read well.

Profile is looking better now, but you're still being a little vague.

Whilst I can understand that you may be trying to present yourself as being flexible, putting 'whatever you would like to do' - or words to that effect - has been commented on before where other users have used it, and not necessarily in a positive light. It has been said that this comes across as you being someone who doesn't know what he wants, indecisive and trying to please everyone.

Ask yourself, are you really open to ANYTHING?

For example, and i'll be somewhat topical here, would you be open to a lady shoving a large marrow up your back passage?

Some people are into watersports, scat, pain, blood-letting, to name just a few things. Perhaps you might want to rephrase it to something like 'open to most things' - but this is YOUR profile and only you know what you like and what you don't or won't like.

keynsham

I see your point there I think this weekend to fine tune it I must say I have more views in the last 24 hours since I change my profile.

My advice, as a member for over 7 years, is to remember this isn't a dating site for quick shags. If you are prepared to chat and be ignored, chat/be ignored... and then chat be ignored etc for a while it shows good patience and makes the difference between you and all the other pushy/pestering males on here.

I started as a couple so I know what it's like to receive hundreds of identical messages with no flavour or thought. Think of it as a job interview where your cv is looked at for 10 seconds and your personality will be decided in 1 message.

I also echo the others on here, patience and good spelling etc. Also, don't put shitty photos up just because you want to show your bits. Only put your best images up , don't be in a rush to show your cock with a toilet as a backdrop and dirty socks on the floor

9 months and still no meet verification that's bad

Biggest tip yet. SMILE!

You'll struggle to attract people with photos that show you look really miserable.

A happy, smiley, friendly face will win every time.

No offence dude but these threads are pointless as hell, no couple or single lady is going to admit they have been ignorant, and some guys will even try their hardest to make you feel bad for the thread as if they are trying to impress a meet out of someone eyeing your thread.

I've been on here in 3 different cities.

London - unbelievable amount of responses from women, very easy to get a convo started. However this was almost ten years ago and people were more friendly on here then.

Huddersfield - Lots of women looking for meets in Leeds, but much ignorance in Huddersfield( 4-5 yrs ago, ignorance on here went through the roof)

Hull - i honestly think people in hull struggle with the english language, barely a reply in the year since i moved back here.

The site has declined for a lot of areas, imho, i guess you just have to keep trying or delete and find something else

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

"No offence dude but these threads are pointless as hell, no couple or single lady is going to admit they have been ignorant, and some guys will even try their hardest to make you feel bad for the thread as if they are trying to impress a meet out of someone eyeing your thread.

I've been on here in 3 different cities.

London - unbelievable amount of responses from women, very easy to get a convo started. However this was almost ten years ago and people were more friendly on here then.

Huddersfield - Lots of women looking for meets in Leeds, but much ignorance in Huddersfield( 4-5 yrs ago, ignorance on here went through the roof)

Hull - i honestly think people in hull struggle with the english language, barely a reply in the year since i moved back here.

The site has declined for a lot of areas, imho, i guess you just have to keep trying or delete and find something else"

Quick question

Do you really think bitching and moaning about it on here, on your status and in your profile makes you seem attractive?

Would you want to reply to someone with a no thanks type message when they seem so aggressive? Or would you fear the response you might get from rejecting a seemingly angry person?

So easy to blame others for our problems instead of self reflecting our own approach/actions, isn't it?

I get what you are saying about the status, this morning yet another profile asked for friend request then stopped talking and it got on my nerves, honestly i'm not aggressive, and i don't see how questioning whether people even look at profiles is aggressive, not only that i have never sent an aggressive message and compared to what i see others complain about on their profile i think i'm quite polite. I don't think you are being fair in your assessment of my profile, i take it you had one look? today? i've had this particular profile for only 4 months but i have been on here for years.

And speaking of introspect, why is some people get instantly defensive about their own responses when someone posts a thread like this? Do you perhaps feel like it;s targeted at you?

This is the most divisive issue on fab, there will always be arguments on threads like this. How long due you think before these kinds of threads are banned?

"This is the most divisive issue on fab, there will always be arguments on threads like this. How long due you think before these kinds of threads are banned?"

It's a slippery slope when topics are banned, they'll continue as long as the fab membership merry go round continues to spin

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"You need patience lol"

I think the Take That song, Patience, should be automatically played whenever this type of post appears

Doncaster

"I get what you are saying about the status, this morning yet another profile asked for friend request then stopped talking and it got on my nerves, honestly i'm not aggressive, and i don't see how questioning whether people even look at profiles is aggressive, not only that i have never sent an aggressive message and compared to what i see others complain about on their profile i think i'm quite polite. I don't think you are being fair in your assessment of my profile, i take it you had one look? today? i've had this particular profile for only 4 months but i have been on here for years.

And speaking of introspect, why is some people get instantly defensive about their own responses when someone posts a thread like this? Do you perhaps feel like it;s targeted at you? "

Well at least you can understand how a rant can give people the wrong impression of you, just Remember negativity breeds negativity and I wasn't specifically assuming your actually aggressive merely trying to help you to see how it could be perceived that way

Considering I've only just come across your profile today via this post it would logically stand to reason that I only had the opportunity to just read it today, wouldn't it? And your previous profile write ups have No baring on this one, as this is the one giving people an insight into who you are and what you want/have to offer at This moment in time

I can safely say I'm the exact opposite of what your assuming so no your post has had no personal effect on me. I was trying to help you consider a point of view you may not have previously, that is all.

Some that have an objective state of mind, could argue that you assuming I'm being defensive because you've "struck a nerve" is actually you yourself becoming defensive, which in turn plays into an aggressive image you claim to be the opposite of and not wanting to be perceived as

Just a little food for thought

Doncaster

"This is the most divisive issue on fab, there will always be arguments on threads like this. How long due you think before these kinds of threads are banned?

It's a slippery slope when topics are banned, they'll continue as long as the fab membership merry go round continues to spin "

And at the moment there hasn't been an argument on this thread I just asked a few questioned aimed to open your eyes little, however if you feel in justly treated report the thread to admin and I'm sure they will review it and close it down should they see fit to

"Would you want to reply to someone with a no thanks type message when they seem so aggressive"

It was that that made me think you were calling me aggressive, and many people have their profile set to not show up in who looked at me, so i wouldn't know if you had looked before or not, but if you had you would know that i don't usually complain like that.

"Some that have an objective state of mind, could argue that you assuming I'm being defensive because you've "struck a nerve" is actually you yourself becoming defensive, which in turn plays into an aggressive image you claim to be the opposite of and not wanting to be perceived as"

are you perhaps a fan of inception? lol, it's funny we basically did the same thing to each other.

"This is the most divisive issue on fab, there will always be arguments on threads like this. How long due you think before these kinds of threads are banned?

It's a slippery slope when topics are banned, they'll continue as long as the fab membership merry go round continues to spin

And at the moment there hasn't been an argument on this thread I just asked a few questioned aimed to open your eyes little, however if you feel in justly treated report the thread to admin and I'm sure they will review it and close it down should they see fit to "

Why would i report?

Doncaster

""Would you want to reply to someone with a no thanks type message when they seem so aggressive"

Yea the key word being SEEM not that you actually are

And no I've never seen inception so that reference is lost on me sorry

"

Doncaster

And at the moment there hasn't been an argument on this thread I just asked a few questioned aimed to open your eyes little, however if you feel in justly treated report the thread to admin and I'm sure they will review it and close it down should they see fit to

Why would i report?"

I Wasn't sure if you felt I had singled you out and treated you unfairly so gave you the option to report it if you felt you'd like to

» Add a new message to this topic