FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Hello and Help...

Hello and Help...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I've been on here for a number of months yet and have still yet to get to meet anyone..

Now I know it doesn't happen over night and you need to be polite etc, which I believe I am. I don't go in and say "fancy a fuck" etc. I introduce my self and try and break the ice.

Do any of you guys have any tips you could give this single lad to get going..

Thank you in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"So I've been on here for a number of months yet and have still yet to get to meet anyone..

Now I know it doesn't happen over night and you need to be polite etc, which I believe I am. I don't go in and say "fancy a fuck" etc. I introduce my self and try and break the ice.

Thank you in advance "

"Fancy a fuck" works perfectly well for some people.

The best thing you can do is search the forums for profile help, there's loads of great advice to be read.

My best advice is: Be patient, be fun, be visible, be friendly and most of all..... be lucky.

Cal

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So I've been on here for a number of months yet and have still yet to get to meet anyone..

Thank you in advance "

The fact that you cant/won't accommodate will knock you off about 50% of potentials lists. You do not have a face pic on your profile. Say another 25% lost. You aren't verified or photo verified, say another 10% lost. So you are down to 15% of people in your area.

So your potential meet demographic is small; does your profile appeal to that demographic? Invest some time in figuring out who is a potential. How to do this?

Simple experiment. Do a search for all the people in your area that fit your criteria. Next; read each profile and block any that won't meet people which can't accommodate; won't meet non verifieds and demand a face pic(you can unblock them after the experiment). Now run the search again....

It's then that you realise that there just aren't that many of them and there are squid lions (that's suppose to be squiliions) of people like "you".

If you don't stand out, you won't get a meet.

Thank you in advance "

Have a massive appendage

Just kidding... just be yourself mate, oh and patience, lots and lots of patience.

Thank you in advance

The fact that you cant/won't accommodate will knock you off about 50% of potentials lists. You do not have a face pic on your profile. Say another 25% lost. You aren't verified or photo verified, say another 10% lost. So you are down to 15% of people in your area.

So your potential meet demographic is small; does your profile appeal to that demographic? Invest some time in figuring out who is a potential. How to do this?

Simple experiment. Do a search for all the people in your area that fit your criteria. Next; read each profile and block any that won't meet people which can't accommodate; won't meet non verifieds and demand a face pic(you can unblock them after the experiment). Now run the search again....

It's then that you realise that there just aren't that many of them and there are squid lions (that's suppose to be squiliions) of people like "you".

If you don't stand out, you won't get a meet."

He says he has face pics that he can send so he doesn't need them to be public as long as he sends them with a first message.

Thank you very much for you input! Very much appreciated

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

You've only been here for 8 weeks, come back if nothing's happened in 8 months!

Thank you in advance

He says he has face pics that he can send so he doesn't need them to be public as long as he sends them with a first message.

"

This I understand. However many people on the site will delete a message unread after reading a profile. So for some (not all) a face pic on a profile means a message gets read; and from there his personality (through his messaging technique) will decide whether he is successful or not.

The key for us single guys is managing our expectations, being patient, being consistent and overall understanding that there are many more of us than any other demographic.

I wish the op luck and have tried to offer advice.

Thank you in advance

Thank you! I will do as you suggest. Very open to suggestions.

Slightly concerned you say I'm not photo verified - that's the first thing I did.. Are you saying I don't have the green flag?

Thanks again!

Thank you in advance

Thank you! I will do as you suggest. Very open to suggestions.

Slightly concerned you say I'm not photo verified - that's the first thing I did.. Are you saying I don't have the green flag?

Thanks again!

"

My bad (too quick a glance at your profile I am afraid). I see the green flag now. To be honest I detest the verification system; however many people use this as a judgement on whether you are genuine or not. As I say. Good luck; it's patience chap, that's all.

"He says he has face pics that he can send so he doesn't need them to be public as long as he sends them with a first message.

"

I send this with any message I send - it's only right that they know who they're speaking to

Thank you in advance

or see what clubs or social events are around these are ideal ways to meet people if you can show at least some people you are clean/sociable..its a start.

You can get cam verified..it doesn't mean much, but its a small help.

Of course, not being able to accom is a clincher for many, we also dont know what kind of times you can meet, so it is pretty difficult to give you pointers in that manner.

I'd lose that 100% single male thing..

it barely makes any sense

"My bad (too quick a glance at your profile I am afraid). I see the green flag now. To be honest I detest the verification system; however many people use this as a judgement on whether you are genuine or not. As I say. Good luck; it's patience chap, that's all."

Ahh - I started to panic! Haha.

Thanks again I will sure to take your advice.. And yep - i see it's all about patience

Advice taken... Changed to being able to accommodate - I will just have to get rid of my lodger if I get the chance to have people over

» Add a new message to this topic