FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Head hurts but brick wall does reply!

Head hurts but brick wall does reply!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ONY8TONE88 OP   Man  over a year ago

bury

Hi folks Humble pie here.

Been on this site for a bout 3 weeks now and haven't had any responses. I've said "Hi like you profile. Hope you like mine" To quite a few people but alas no replies. Ergo....

I would be eternally greatful if you read my profile and tell what might be wrong with it. Thinking I might just be lost a crowd of bulls.

Cheers in advance folks!

Tone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/swingers/5576

see this post........questions answered there.

My advice is to take a good look around the forums, you will find this topic comes up a lot.

Other than that, a longer and more thought provoking attention grabbing message may well help, a couple of lines in a message suggests you're looking for an easy lay more than wanting to swing, there is a difference.

W

"My advice is to take a good look around the forums, you will find this topic comes up a lot.

Other than that, a longer and more thought provoking attention grabbing message may well help, a couple of lines in a message suggests you're looking for an easy lay more than wanting to swing, there is a difference.

W "

or copy and paste the link placed above my post as I was typing, lol.

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Hate to sound like a school teacher, but your profile is hard to read due to lack of punctuation and bad grammar

xx

"My advice is to take a good look around the forums, you will find this topic comes up a lot.

W "

i think this post coming up a lot is an understatement lol

its up more than my knickers

W

i think this post coming up a lot is an understatement lol

its up more than my knickers "

You sound like the kinda lady we like to meet.

W

Split your profile up using para breaks, makes it easier to read. For me, I would lose the expression 'FB' as it says the wrong thing about you, but thats just my opinion.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

THE STICKS

I'm pretty bored of this type of thread - comes up more or less weekly.

But I've not got much on this morning so fook it - I'll bite.

First of all Tony - if that really is what you are sending people as an into message, then I'm hardly surpised you havent got a response.

Put yourself in the shoes of the person that might receive that message - how does the fact that you just generally liked the profile give them any clue whatsoever that you might be the person they are looking for to enhance their sex life?

You'd do better to perhaps explain WHY you liked their profile and what it is in the profile that you think might make you the person for them.

I find it helps not to take swinging - or yourself too seriously either - and to make sure that you get that across - its best when the sex is coupled with some good laughs and good conversation too - so try to show you can provide that.

You'll still be doing very well if you get a response rate of better than about 1 in 20 even then.

bury

Thankyou very much indeedy folks.

I will fettle and tweek accordingly!

Tone

oooh tweek away

bury

Tweeked Don't know whether its any better but we shall see!

hi tony. Looking at your profile (assuming you have now tweaked it), it is not too dissimilar to most of the other guys on the site, stuff about you and nothing offensive or anything.

My tip would be in the messages you send.

If you imagine how many couples or women get per day, anywhere from 20 to 200, you need to make it stand out, and the best way is in the message title.

Try for something that isn't obvious, an angle if you will. If you include something that is in reference to a specific item on their profile, this shows that you have actually read it! A mistake most guys make!

Now, I don't do bad on here, but I have found that some will just look at the picture and that is it. There is little you can do in this case, just remember that most women want their mind stimulated as much as their bodies. So be yourself, don't be like all the others that think you don't have to work hard to get meets and when you do, be honest, reliable and genuine.

Hope this helps

Ritchie

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

"Tweeked Don't know whether its any better but we shall see! "

I didn't see it before, and I know it's isn't etiquette to point it out, but there are still some glaring spelling mistakes in it. A profile is the only chance to make a good first impression - you don't get a second chance to make a first impression. For some people spelling mistakes are a bit like text speak - a big turn off.

You're looking to sell yourself and you have a duty to yourself to limit the things couples might think 'not him' about. It isn't, I believe, that people are all that bothered about spelling; it's that someone hadn't made the effort to get something as important as a profile right.

Copy and paste what you want to say into MS Word and get it spellchecked. It'll look so much better.

Good luck.

"Tweeked Don't know whether its any better but we shall see! "

For me, Tony, your profile is still way too short. Your pics are tasteful, but the words just read like 99% of the profiles of other single guys on here.

I get tons of messages, and the ones I reply to are the ones which stand out from the crowd ..... unless your introductory message is absolutely brilliant, I'm afraid I would be hitting the 'delete' button.

Maybe have another tweak?

xx

» Add a new message to this topic