FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Shoul I leave FAB ?

Shoul I leave FAB ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi everybody.

Should I call it a day & leave FAB?

I've been on the site for over 6 months now, & no one seems interested in me.

I do want to thank everybody who has looked at my profile, & those who have taken the trouble to reply.

Even those who promised to come, but never turn up.

No one has actually wanted to meet.

If there is a reason on my profile, I'd like to put it right.

Any suggestions please.

Thank you all

Colin

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

you need to decide what is best for you.

Have you considered a club or a social event near you, that might help to meet up.

Whatever you decide, good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Takes a seat and waits ....

You have only failed when you stop trying.

Take care, no sympathy or empathy here....

What some people do, is post in the forums. They rattle on about how nobody wants to meet them and wastes their time. Then they threaten (who?) to leave the site.

You could try that.....Ah! Wait! You have!

definitley try the clubs or social events, good luck

well sounded like a reasonably NICE request, loved the hardhitting comments guys....typical responses....maybe just start ignoring any lookatme/i need help posts because all u come across as is as bitchy cliquers.

"What some people do, is post in the forums. They rattle on about how nobody wants to meet them and wastes their time. Then they threaten (who?) to leave the site.

You could try that.....Ah! Wait! You have! "

got it one

By *im halpertMan  over a year ago

redditch

Ill add to what others are saying,clubs and parties are where you are going to meet geniune swingers,dont rely on just a free internet site such as this xx

Forum Mod

There are people that have posted on this thread that have also posted for advice in these forums,or have jumped on other people when they feel they have been treated a bit harshly hmmmmmm

To the OP id suggest what others have if you're brave enough to join a club or go to some socials then try it out,at the very least you could make some friends

Yep

See ya

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

only you can answer that question as your descion .

there are things you can do to enhance your chances as people have said ,but as with life there are never any garentees.

i would say though that generally if people are actually going to leave they just do it and not advertise their intended action

"There are people that have posted on this thread that have also posted for advice in these forums,or have jumped on other people when they feel they have been treated a bit harshly hmmmmmm

To the OP id suggest what others have if you're brave enough to join a club or go to some socials then try it out,at the very least you could make some friends "

Nowhere in either his post, or his profile, does the OP say anything about being shy or inexperienced or anything in the least along those lines. It is a simple statement, that he feels that people are not responding to him.

Now, I'm not in the least trying to be nasty, simply pointing out that there are a constant stream of posters in the forums who whine about not getting meets, or "my messages don't get replies" or something along those lines. Pretty much each and every one makes the "I'm going to leave the site" statement. Rarely does that happen.

Universally, it sparks off a huge thread and the OP ends up getting the attention they crave. It does get a little tiresome after it has been done the first couple of hundred times! Frankly, I think it is fair comment to say as much.

"There are people that have posted on this thread that have also posted for advice in these forums,or have jumped on other people when they feel they have been treated a bit harshly hmmmmmm

To the OP id suggest what others have if you're brave enough to join a club or go to some socials then try it out,at the very least you could make some friends

Nowhere in either his post, or his profile, does the OP say anything about being shy or inexperienced or anything in the least along those lines. It is a simple statement, that he feels that people are not responding to him.

Now, I'm not in the least trying to be nasty, simply pointing out that there are a constant stream of posters in the forums who whine about not getting meets, or "my messages don't get replies" or something along those lines. Pretty much each and every one makes the "I'm going to leave the site" statement. Rarely does that happen.

Universally, it sparks off a huge thread and the OP ends up getting the attention they crave. It does get a little tiresome after it has been done the first couple of hundred times! Frankly, I think it is fair comment to say as much."

before ur quote it was myself that pointed out to others...please stop posting in threads that arent of any interest...as it is..ahhh blahhblahhh read my previous post.

and i actually meant in general as i can see others often doing the same, no interest in the tiresome posts....best not post, just like ignoring a message recieved from someone who isnt reading a profile lol

Apologies.....I didn't realise that you had actually instructed us not to post! Do forgive me!

By *scottMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

Hi Colin.

I have friends in your age bracket and they also have had problems with getting meets. Single guys are a pound a penny so it is an uphill battle from the start. I hate saying your age is a factor as you are as old as you choose to be in my way of thinking.

I do think attending a club social is a great way for you to get yourself known. From personal experence in a club social inviroment age as well as physical apperance becomes less of a factor and personality takes center stage.

So I wish you luck in your endeviours

Craig.

"Apologies.....I didn't realise that you had actually instructed us not to post! Do forgive me!"

lol apologies, never meant to instruct anyone...just pointing out a plainly obvious lesson in saving yerself time and effort...and maybe adding something supportive to the OP,of course...not if it bores ya lol

To the OP id suggest what others have if you're brave enough to join a club or go to some socials then try it out,at the very least you could make some friends :- well said

Universally, it sparks off a huge thread and the OP ends up getting the attention they crave. It does get a little tiresome after it has been done the first couple of hundred times! Frankly, I think it is fair comment to say as much.

before ur quote it was myself that pointed out to others...please stop posting in threads that arent of any interest...as it is..ahhh blahhblahhh read my previous post.

and i actually meant in general as i can see others often doing the same, no interest in the tiresome posts....best not post, just like ignoring a message recieved from someone who isnt reading a profile lol

"

well said if you're not interested in the thread or have seen it before the best thing is to ignore it and find one that you like then everyone will be happy .

redditch

just like to add,ive met people at clubs who are in their seventies,so dont let age be a barrier to you,good luckxx

redditch

[Removed by poster at 21/07/11 16:55:21]

"What some people do, is post in the forums. They rattle on about how nobody wants to meet them and wastes their time. Then they threaten (who?) to leave the site.

You could try that.....Ah! Wait! You have! "

Having a more positive approach will help, can't abide people who's cup is always half empty!

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"Hi everybody.

I do want to thank everybody who has looked at my profile, & those who have taken the trouble to reply.

try camming and chatting in the chat rooms seem to be quite a few . maybe get to know people .

Any suggestions please.

Thank you all

Colin"

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

If you want to leave ,leave...don't let strangers on the interweb make decisions on how to live your life.

By *easehotelCouple  over a year ago

huntingdon,Cambridgeshire

Universally, it sparks off a huge thread and the OP ends up getting the attention they crave. It does get a little tiresome after it has been done the first couple of hundred times! Frankly, I think it is fair comment to say as much."

+1

"Apologies.....I didn't realise that you had actually instructed us not to post! Do forgive me!

lol apologies, never meant to instruct anyone...just pointing out a plainly obvious lesson in saving yerself time and effort...and maybe adding something supportive to the OP,of course...not if it bores ya lol"

Totally agree with you x

"Hi Colin.

I have friends in your age bracket and they also have had problems with getting meets. Single guys are a pound a penny so it is an uphill battle from the start. I hate saying your age is a factor as you are as old as you choose to be in my way of thinking.

I do think attending a club social is a great way for you to get yourself known. From personal experence in a club social inviroment age as well as physical apperance becomes less of a factor and personality takes center stage.

So I wish you luck in your endeviours

Craig."

I think this is very good advice. Keep an eye on the social events and get yourself along. Good luck!

Jump.....jump.....jump

Oops wrong topic lol

"Hi everybody.

Any suggestions please.

Thank you all

Colin"

I think you might find that it's the area you live in. IMHO there seems to be a dearth of single fems or couples in the Black Country. That being the case those who are there get more "than their fair share" of requests and then use the excuse of not having time etc to reply. If you look at many of the responses you have had critisising you there are none from your/our area. It looks like the couples/fems in Scotland are more playful than most as many of the critics hail from there, and are not experiencing what you are

Can I suggest you go to a club like Chams or Xtasia or maybe the hotels in Blackpool but don't hide in dark corners waiting to pounce on the first couple/fem who walks by. Talk to them in the bar(if you are confident enough), show them that you can string a few words together and are not like the other Neanderthals who can only use text speak.

A very thick skin is necessary on here if you are a bloke of a certain age as, as you have seen, people are only too happy to ridicule you, when all you are asking is a polite question. To me, if advertisers put preferences on their profiles, as in, local, 45-60, own teeth, hair etc and you "qualify" or meet THEIR criteria that THEY stipulate, then you deserve a response. If, however, you message people whose criteria you do not fit, as in they require someone 25-35 and you are twice that age or you live 200 miles away and you still contact them then maybe you don't.

To me though, if you are in a bar and you say hello to somebody, not many if any people would just turn their backs and not respond which is the sort of analagy you are making

persevere though mate, dont let the buggers grind you down

» Add a new message to this topic