FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Why do so many not bother reading a profile

Why do so many not bother reading a profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rban-Nites OP   Couple  over a year ago

LONDON (SE)

Yes i know some profile are so long your eyes start to blur but i thought if you put your 'wants' in detail on your profile it'll save the endless repeat messages when asked 'what are you looking for' or what experience do you have etc.

Probably 80% of our messages show people have obviously not bothered to look to see if we fit their "requirements" and simply like the pics and chance a wink or you guys free now line.

Yes we're new here and to swing and probably the majority of profiles are way more experienced and just want to get down to fun times, which i understand but seems if the profiles are longer than 3 sentences long or as we're not into full swap yet people just dont seem to want to know?

Any advice on this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aelawMan  over a year ago

Paisley

Alas, a common predicament. It gets frustrating especially when their is important information in your profile or they do not match what you are looking for. Will unfortunately continue to be an issue for a long time to come. Just try and let it go over your head is the best thing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Personally I prefer a profile that is longer than a line or two. The information in it helps me decide on whether to message or not.

I don't think the length of your profile really has any bearing on whether it's read or not. Although I do ignore those that say, 'back later, will fill in later', as they do tell me nothing.

I think some people just have a scatter gun approach to messaging and hope quantity may mean one reply, rather than'targeting' their messaging.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I'm pretty certain no one reads my profile.

I have a standard reply to 98% of the messages I recieve, in fact it's used so often, I only have to tap the centre button on my phone & it magically writes itself!

By *punkhunkMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Me personally I do have a read of a person's profile before messaging to make sure I'm not wasting my time and fit what it is they are looking for. But then if you believe you do match what they like and you spend time writing a message out that's tailored to what they've put in their profile and they don't even grace you with a reply let alone a no thankyou it's a bit disheartening. Is it not better to send a few pics ( not a barrage of sausage ) to see if there's a physical connection first then the rest can fall into place?

By *ittykat76Woman  over a year ago

Plymouth

It frustrates the crap out of me the amount of people who do not read my profile but still messages me but I just hit the delete button

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

I think 80 percent is a bit optimistic

It's a good filter though. If they only look at pictures and don't read it's a straight away block for me and don't waste time on someone I'm not compatible with x

We look at it this way,if someone can't be arsed reading and taking heed of what our profile says,we feel no obligation to reply to their drivel.

Think of it as a filter.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

First bit of our profile "No F.Requests without chatting first"

Still get at least one a week & we have single guys blocked, some are from very nice, well veried couples? I'm wondering do they think they are special? Our do they still not read profiles despite being here years?

Beats me

S

Hiding in the shadows

"Me personally I do have a read of a person's profile before messaging to make sure I'm not wasting my time and fit what it is they are looking for. But then if you believe you do match what they like and you spend time writing a message out that's tailored to what they've put in their profile and they don't even grace you with a reply let alone a no thankyou it's a bit disheartening. Is it not better to send a few pics ( not a barrage of sausage ) to see if there's a physical connection first then the rest can fall into place? "

A well written message, from someone who has obviously read my profile, will always get a response even if it's to politely say no.

Including pics does help, especially if that person has no public face pics to view.

We just do not reply to messages without our 'buzz' word attached... That sorts out the wheat from the chaff... simples!!

By *est Wales WifeCouple  over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

"

Think of it as a filter."

^ This

By *rMrsRichCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouh

"Yes i know some profile are so long your eyes start to blur but i thought if you put your 'wants' in detail on your profile it'll save the endless repeat messages when asked 'what are you looking for' or what experience do you have etc.

Probably 80% of our messages show people have obviously not bothered to look to see if we fit their "requirements" and simply like the pics and chance a wink or you guys free now line.

Yes we're new here and to swing and probably the majority of profiles are way more experienced and just want to get down to fun times, which i understand but seems if the profiles are longer than 3 sentences long or as we're not into full swap yet people just dont seem to want to know?

Any advice on this? "

I put a phrase in our profile asking people to quote it in the subject line. If a msg comes through without it I delete without reading

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Yes i know some profile are so long your eyes start to blur but i thought if you put your 'wants' in detail on your profile it'll save the endless repeat messages when asked 'what are you looking for' or what experience do you have etc.

Any advice on this? "

Unfortunately when you have such great pics like you do most don’t even bother to read the content of your profile lol

I don't read really long ones, I will skim them to see if anything interesting jumps out. Short ones I read but am generally not interested due to lack of detail. Like cocks I prefer medium sized profiles, which I will read fully if interested XXX

I don't read profile if it's the headlines say read profile I just do the opposite

By *iWifeHappyLifeCouple  over a year ago

Liverpool

I think it's just courtesy to read it, not to mention you can save everyone time and energy by seeing if you might actually be compatible with each other. I do find it a useful filter though as others have said

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"I don't read profile if it's the headlines say read profile I just do the opposite "

I can't see that working well for anyone.

But it is how you want to use the site that's your prerogative.

"I'm pretty certain no one reads my profile.

I have a standard reply to 98% of the messages I recieve, in fact it's used so often, I only have to tap the centre button on my phone & it magically writes itself!

"

So true

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

If they don't read it I copy and paste it to them in its entirety in a response to their first message

By *arteeneWoman  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Yes I wish people read my profile first it would save a lot of time

"I don't read profile if it's the headlines say read profile I just do the opposite

I can't see that working well for anyone.

But it is how you want to use the site that's your prerogative. "

Exactly

We don't care who doesn't read our profile,that's up to each individual.

Just don't contact us expecting a response.

That's up to us

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

"If they don't read it I copy and paste it to them in its entirety in a response to their first message "

Love this idea, hope you haven't patented it? as we'll definitely be using it, just for comedy value.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"If they don't read it I copy and paste it to them in its entirety in a response to their first message

Love this idea, hope you haven't patented it? as we'll definitely be using it, just for comedy value. "

lol well they will at least read a message so it's my way of getting them to read it lol

By *oblovesyouMan  over a year ago

poole

Patience. & a little bit of perseverance. There are plenty of hopefuls & wannabes that will try it on despite not taking on board what your likes / dislikes / requirements are all about. & I'm sure they're easy to spot. Personally, I always read a profile to see if I could possibly be suited. & if there's something listed that tells me I'm not (don't like beards for example), I wont message. Simply no point in wasting my time & theirs.

Keep it real OP & hang on in there. Good times will follow for you & those that are deserving

By *arlee72Couple  over a year ago

Ewell

We get plenty of messages saying they've read our profile and would love to meet. Obviously skipped over the highlighted capital letters at the start stating we're not meeting at the moment!

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"We get plenty of messages saying they've read our profile and would love to meet. Obviously skipped over the highlighted capital letters at the start stating we're not meeting at the moment!"

Pmsl classic

"We get plenty of messages saying they've read our profile and would love to meet. Obviously skipped over the highlighted capital letters at the start stating we're not meeting at the moment!"

Don't you know it's not about you,it's all about them

By *oblovesyouMan  over a year ago

poole

classic! lol #readthebigprint

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I've had a couple of requests to meet today I carefully pointed out that in one instance I was over the guys age limit by 8 years and was happy to respect his preferences, another was a couple looking to meet couples and single men, pointed that out too they were 15 & 18 years above my age range and double what I'm prepared to travel. In both instance a lot of back peddling ensued with them changing their preferences, but I stuck by my guns all the time explaining that I'm more than happy to respect people's preferences and its nice when people respect mine as well.

By *hat The CuckCouple  over a year ago

South London

When someone says they’ve read our profile and like it we hide it and reply with “what is it that we’ve written that appealed to you the most to choose us”

I get bored quickly. Most people don't write interestingly enough to keep my attention past a couple of short paragraphs. I skim the rest for my brain to pick out the bits I need to know.

By *ouiseandloganCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

This drives me mad. We are currently not able to meet and get countless messages a day saying wanna meet tomorrow or next week. And gotta say sorry guys.. but its always men. Or the countless people asking to meet us seperate when we have made it clear we will not. People like this make coming on fab a chore half the time and all we want is a bit of fun and banter

By *rban-Nites OP   Couple  over a year ago

LONDON (SE)

Thanks for the replies people's

Perseverance i guess and eventually we will find the right types we want to attract, untill then lots of deletes/blocks and a smidge of perving along the way lol

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"This drives me mad. We are currently not able to meet and get countless messages a day saying wanna meet tomorrow or next week. And gotta say sorry guys.. but its always men. Or the countless people asking to meet us seperate when we have made it clear we will not. People like this make coming on fab a chore half the time and all we want is a bit of fun and banter "
actually it's not always men I've found women and couples equally as bad

By *ouiseandloganCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle

"This drives me mad. We are currently not able to meet and get countless messages a day saying wanna meet tomorrow or next week. And gotta say sorry guys.. but its always men. Or the countless people asking to meet us seperate when we have made it clear we will not. People like this make coming on fab a chore half the time and all we want is a bit of fun and banter actually it's not always men I've found women and couples equally as bad "

That may be the case. Its maybe i personally think its guys because of the ratio of guys to women/couples so probably seems like guys for us

"When someone says they’ve read our profile and like it we hide it and reply with “what is it that we’ve written that appealed to you the most to choose us” "

Ha ha cheeky

Hiding in the shadows

DITTO

Which is were my "Have you actually read my profile?" reply comes in

"We get plenty of messages saying they've read our profile and would love to meet. Obviously skipped over the highlighted capital letters at the start stating we're not meeting at the moment!

DITTO

Which is were my "Have you actually read my profile?" reply comes in"

Just read your profile and I am similar with:

"I don't change my mind, once it's made up"

Sometimes being too stubborn can be a negative though so I try to ease up on that, but not easy to do once mind is made up!

Ewell

"We get plenty of messages saying they've read our profile and would love to meet. Obviously skipped over the highlighted capital letters at the start stating we're not meeting at the moment!

classic! lol #readthebigprint"

If only we could make it bigger! ;-

Ewell

"When someone says they’ve read our profile and like it we hide it and reply with “what is it that we’ve written that appealed to you the most to choose us” "

Like that. Can't wait to try it out!

By *ll 4 herCouple  over a year ago

Bury/Bolton

"When someone says they’ve read our profile and like it we hide it and reply with “what is it that we’ve written that appealed to you the most to choose us”

Like that. Can't wait to try it out! "

Us too, so many good tips off this thread. Just goes to show reading what people on here take time to write can really pay off

» Add a new message to this topic