FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > What do I have to do?

What do I have to do?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yes another guy bleating on. What does one have to do to get noticed.

I'm a very genuine guy looking for genuine meets but can I get any? No. I've sent off so many messages over the years only to have them deleted unread or read but no reply.

I'm sure it's something I'm doing but what? Is it I'm ugly? is it i'm boring? or is it something else?

I've tried long and detailed profiles. I've tried short and concise profiles.

I've tried to be humorous.

One thing I have always been is polite, genuine and honest. Obviously being those things isn't enough.

OK I know there are a lot of tossers out there who spoil it for the genuine guys.

I just wish people would look beyond the cover and discover the real person.

Ok rant over!

Back to being ignored again

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

Well. You have now got noticed. Not neccessarily in the way you would like.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Maybe you are trying too hard?

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

I think I've got a pretty good idea.. but you haven't asked for profile advice... so...

Fabville

"I think I've got a pretty good idea.. but you haven't asked for profile advice... so..."

^^ what she said

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you tell people to ask you about yourself, nobody is going to ask you about yourself

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Your rant is longer and more informative than your profile.

Do we really need to elucidate?!!

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"I think I've got a pretty good idea.. but you haven't asked for profile advice... so...

^^ what she said "

What they said

Plus OP you say "over the years" - you've been here 6 months or is this a reincarnation?

Also stop blaming other people for your lack of success, and look at what you can change to increase your chances of some

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

how are the tossers spoiling it for you?

You make your own luck on Fab.

It is also nothing to do with luck.

"If you tell people to ask you about yourself, nobody is going to ask you about yourself"

I have on my profile to come chat to me to find out about me. This happens.

By *ilmiss75Woman  over a year ago

Thornton

"If you tell people to ask you about yourself, nobody is going to ask you about yourself

I have on my profile to come chat to me to find out about me. This happens."

Big difference between yours and his profiles..

Your profile reads very arsey. Just sayin.

"If you tell people to ask you about yourself, nobody is going to ask you about yourself

Big difference between yours and his profiles.."

Couple of hundred words difference

Big difference between yours and his profiles..

Couple of hundred words difference"

Fair point lol

[Removed by poster at 20/11/17 16:12:54]

"I think I've got a pretty good idea.. but you haven't asked for profile advice... so..."

So pass on your advice. But before you do let me say I have had a far more informative and humorous profile with no success.

Do you really need to ask. I raised my eyebrows at your profile and not in a good way

"I think I've got a pretty good idea.. but you haven't asked for profile advice... so...

So pass on your advice. But before you do let me say I have had a far more informative and humorous profile with no success. "

Informative and humorous in whose opinion though - it's pretty subjective.

Either way your profile as it stands has neither and is therefore unlikely to generate any interest. People want to know about you, what you are looking for and can offer and they're not going to get that from your current profile.

There are other sites and I have been swinging well before the days of the internet.

Frankly I did better then.

I don't know where you got your info from but I have been on this site since 2013

Also I don't believe I was blaming anyone but myself!

Read it carefully.

But thanks for your comments anyway

"There are other sites and I have been swinging well before the days of the internet.

I don't know where you got your info from but I have been on this site since 2013

Read it carefully.

But thanks for your comments anyway "

Your profile states you joined 6 months ago is where I got that info from.

Yes you questioned whether there was something about you at fault but you also said:

"OK I know there are a lot of tossers out there who spoil it for the genuine guys.

I just wish people would look beyond the cover and discover the real person."

Both statements that suggest others are partly responsible for your lack of success - hence my suggestion to look beyond that and at things you CAN change e.g. your profile

"

Informative and humorous in whose opinion though - it's pretty subjective."

Yes I can agree to that.

"

People want to know about you, what you are looking for and can offer... "

I thought I mentioned informative. What you're saying is what I meant by informative.

With all due respect to you. I find your comment typical in as far as many people read things and then misinterpret what was said.

Yes my profile is none of the above at the moment because what is the use when no one bothers to read it anyway. I think I have had more visits in one day from placing this post than ever before.

"There are other sites and I have been swinging well before the days of the internet.

Read it carefully.

Yes you questioned whether there was something about you at fault but you also said:

"OK I know there are a lot of tossers out there who spoil it for the genuine guys.

Both statements that suggest others are partly responsible for your lack of success - hence my suggestion to look beyond that and at things you CAN change e.g. your profile "

Ok I can see how you may think I'm blaming others with the two statements.

The first one I believe to be true. One thing I have noticed on so many women and couples profiles are comments about guys being rude, pushy and arrogant to name a few. I'm sure you must have come up against that with your couples. profile.

The second one was more of an observation of messages against lack of profile visits to find out more about me.

Perhaps my messages were informative enough for them.

if you're asking for advice,then what has previously been on your profile is irrelevant...but at this moment it's just brief, uninformative and rude...and yet again, 'tossers' have no bearing on anyone else's success on here, only their own.

"

Informative and humorous in whose opinion though - it's pretty subjective.

Yes I can agree to that.

People want to know about you, what you are looking for and can offer...

I thought I mentioned informative. What you're saying is what I meant by informative.

With all due respect to you. I find your comment typical in as far as many people read things and then misinterpret what was said.

Yes my profile is none of the above at the moment because what is the use when no one bothers to read it anyway. I think I have had more visits in one day from placing this post than ever before. "

Not sure what I may have misinterpreted - your profile as it stands is unlikely to achieve your aims because it isn't informative, doesn't tell the reader anything about you, what you're looking for or can offer and IS likely to result in any messages you send being ignored and/or deleted - remember that a lot of people will read a profile before deciding to even read a message, let alone reply to it - so if your profile doesn't entice then you're unlikely to have any success.

You say no-one bothers to read profiles - what are you basing that on? Lack of responses? If so, perhaps people have read it and decided not to respond.

Either way logic dictates that a profile that tells the reader something, is better than one that tells the reader nothing

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

There are many successful single guys on here, with very good, well thought out, informative profiles. You have to at least start with that. Do a rewrite, no guarantees, but at least make the effort and good luck.

I don't see why men complain all the time.

I know for a fact I could have any woman on here, at any time!

I just don't want to

"Yes another guy bleating on. What does one have to do to get noticed.

"

You just did it.

chelmsford

"There are many successful single guys on here, with very good, well thought out, informative profiles. You have to at least start with that. Do a rewrite, no guarantees, but at least make the effort and good luck. "

Gemini's is a good example

chelmsford

"I don't see why men complain all the time.

I know for a fact I could have any woman on here, at any time!

I just don't want to "

"There are many successful single guys on here, with very good, well thought out, informative profiles. You have to at least start with that. Do a rewrite, no guarantees, but at least make the effort and good luck.

Gemini's is a good example "

Even I want to fuck him now.

Read it carefully.

Both statements that suggest others are partly responsible for your lack of success - hence my suggestion to look beyond that and at things you CAN change e.g. your profile

Ok I can see how you may think I'm blaming others with the two statements.

The first one I believe to be true. One thing I have noticed on so many women and couples profiles are comments about guys being rude, pushy and arrogant to name a few. I'm sure you must have come up against that with your couples. profile.

The second one was more of an observation of messages against lack of profile visits to find out more about me.

Perhaps my messages were informative enough for them."

Yes there is no doubt there are guys on here who are rude, pushy and arrogant - my point was however that you can't blame them for your own lack of success - they don't "spoil it" for anyone but themselves - in fact that there's a train of thought that would suggest they make it easier not harder for the "genuine" guys - not sure I totally buy that personally, but the point is you can't blame/worry about the actions of others and should focus on your own.

If you're basing lack of profile visits on the"Looked At Me" count then you should know that a lot of people look in stealth mode, which means you would never know they have looked at you - either way it all comes back to just because you are sending messages, and just because your looked at me count is low, doesn't necessarily mean that people haven't looked at your profile when you've sent them a message.

chelmsford

"There are many successful single guys on here, with very good, well thought out, informative profiles. You have to at least start with that. Do a rewrite, no guarantees, but at least make the effort and good luck.

Even I want to fuck him now. "

Fab straight

Fab straight "

No. I'm terrible at resisting peer pressure.

chelmsford

Fab straight

No. I'm terrible at resisting peer pressure. "

Haha

Gemini's is a good example "

Thank you

And Bee...your place or mine?

Fabville

[Removed by poster at 20/11/17 17:17:04]

chelmsford

Thank you

And Bee...your place or mine?"

You're welcome

Op, your profile is boring. If I was looking for someone to meet, reading a bit about you would help me decide if you sound interesting, fun etc. At the moment, your profile is just dull. I know you say you have tried different approaches but believe me, you will stand more chance of grabbing attention if you give us something to read, a few words about yourself!

If your profile tells me nothing I'm definitely not going to bother asking you for information. In my experience when you do it's then like getting blood from a stone. When there are plenty of other profiles that will allow me to start figuring out if we're after the same thing without playing 20 questions I'll just move straight on.

And while I applaud you for having face pics I like to be able to see someone's build too. A couple of body pics would be good.

Not my thread but just looking for a bit of advice on my profile understand only been here a few weeks not looking for miricale lol. Anything I could add or take out??

Thanks in advance guys

"Not my thread but just looking for a bit of advice on my profile understand only been here a few weeks not looking for miricale lol. Anything I could add or take out??

Thanks in advance guys "

You should start your own thread. But, no public pics and you’re only 19.......

Read it carefully.

But thanks for your comments anyway "

Says joined:6 months ago how is that since 2013

By *infulSandyCouple  over a year ago

London

I dont know what to believe, your profile is the opposite of what your posts suggest you are like.

You say you have tried various things to be noticed, how about being yourself rather than trying to change the way you are for the sake of a meet?

Maybe just me but the way you describe it you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Also you say you have tried everything, I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if you've answered this already but have you gone to a club or social meet?

By *infulSandyCouple  over a year ago

London

"Not my thread but just looking for a bit of advice on my profile understand only been here a few weeks not looking for miricale lol. Anything I could add or take out??

Thanks in advance guys

You should start your own thread. But, no public pics and you’re only 19....... "

I would disagree with this advice.

No need to hijack a thread or make a new one, use the search function to find other advice threads.

Believe me if you look at a few advice threads you will immediately see why your profile would be skipped by many.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Thanks in advance guys "

Why does working in the building industry mean you can't show your face in public?

By *ickinglover69Man  over a year ago

Langley

I am absolutely hopeless at doing my profile and putting over me.

Love someone to help, I have plenty looking but not site supporter.

So if there is anyone can help?

Thanks in advance guys

Why does working in the building industry mean you can't show your face in public?"

he's scared he might end up on that 'cowboy builders' show!

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"I am absolutely hopeless at doing my profile and putting over me.

Love someone to help, I have plenty looking but not site supporter.

So if there is anyone can help?"

Start your own thread, don’t hijack others.

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

I wish someone could explain to me the obsession with single profiles on here.

At a recent busy club event sexy peeps male female and couples were all discussing various aspects of their swinging experiences i.e. Glory holes,DP,DVP,BDSM,threesomes,moresomes etc. But I can't recall anyone talking about profiles.

Is it me?

"I wish someone could explain to me the obsession with single profiles on here.

At a recent busy club event sexy peeps male female and couples were all discussing various aspects of their swinging experiences i.e. Glory holes,DP,DVP,BDSM,threesomes,moresomes etc. But I can't recall anyone talking about profiles.

Is it me?"

It's the difference between trying to get meets on here and attending clubs/socials plain and simple - getting meets on here it does come down to profile and pictures and forum persona - in a club/social situation you don't need to rely on a few lines of text and pictures to be noticed.

chelmsford

"I wish someone could explain to me the obsession with single profiles on here.

Is it me?

It's the difference between trying to get meets on here and attending clubs/socials plain and simple - getting meets on here it does come down to profile and pictures and forum persona - in a club/social situation you don't need to rely on a few lines of text and pictures to be noticed. "

Agreed and not everyone has access to clubs and socials, so they rely on their profiles

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Why does working in the building industry mean you can't show your face in public?

he's scared he might end up on that 'cowboy builders' show!"

Ha ha ha!

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Very informative and though provoking.

"Thanks everyone for your replies.

Very informative and though provoking."

oops should have read "thought" provoking