FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Local photographer required

Local photographer required

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *each107 OP   Couple  over a year ago

colchester

Hi

I'd really like to have some photos taken, obviously a bit more risky then what I could ask of a normal photographer. Any recommendations and words of advice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you're taking photos on your mobile phone have you tried the timer function?

I take all my own photos

"Hi

I'd really like to have some photos taken, obviously a bit more risky then what I could ask of a normal photographer. Any recommendations and words of advice? "

I don’t think you’ll have issue finding a willing participant locally. Things to consider would be to check out their portfolio, paying attention if their style suits what you want. Then you need to consider type of payment. A lot of amateur togs, or even professionals trying to get into new genres, will do it for the images for their portfolio. If you only want the images for yourself I’d be looking at getting a contract signed which says the images are only for you, not for resale or for porfolio.

Personally, I’d shoot you for free, just for the joy of taking photographs of somebody I find attractive. And I’m sure there’ll be other folk in here who would feel the same.

colchester

"If you're taking photos on your mobile phone have you tried the timer function?

I take all my own photos "

Yes I take a video and then freeze frame it to get some shots

But would appreciate someone that understands lighting etc

By *igBen6996Man  over a year ago

London

I've seen some great pics taken with selfiestick, just a thought tho

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hi

I'd really like to have some photos taken, obviously a bit more risky then what I could ask of a normal photographer. Any recommendations and words of advice? "

We would only ever use a professional with a reputation to lose. There are too many ways to keep images without you being aware (no slur on contributors to this thread). One solution is to insist on your own camera being used if you have a decent one.

"Hi

I'd really like to have some photos taken, obviously a bit more risky then what I could ask of a normal photographer. Any recommendations and words of advice?

We would only ever use a professional with a reputation to lose. There are too many ways to keep images without you being aware (no slur on contributors to this thread). One solution is to insist on your own camera being used if you have a decent one."

Another way is to insist on uploading straight to your own laptop etc and witness deleting the photos infront of you. Be mindful some cameras copy to two memory cards.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Hi

We would only ever use a professional with a reputation to lose. There are too many ways to keep images without you being aware (no slur on contributors to this thread). One solution is to insist on your own camera being used if you have a decent one.

Another way is to insist on uploading straight to your own laptop etc and witness deleting the photos infront of you. Be mindful some cameras copy to two memory cards. "

And some have internal memory. It's not a risk we'd ever be prepared to take.

By *exymidscouple2017Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Hi

We would only ever use a professional with a reputation to lose. There are too many ways to keep images without you being aware (no slur on contributors to this thread). One solution is to insist on your own camera being used if you have a decent one."

I agree with the above. You cannot be too careful. I don't trust anyone when it comes to taking photos. I won't even go to a playdate's own home in case of secret recording. We take photos with our own phones and always go though them with the playdate, and delete any they are not happy with. Good luck finding a photographer but please be careful. *Mrs

colchester

Ok, that's a lot to consider and things I hadn't even thought of, really appreciate your help x

By *ohncapliorMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Iam an experienced professional photographer and videographer, I am happy to prove my quality and that I am reliable, if you need anything in the future do let me know

sorry I am not local but sure we can arrange something

By *ohncapliorMan  over a year ago

birmingham

and the answer to rust if you really feel after viewing my professional website that you dont trust me is to bring your on sd card and leave with the only copy

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"and the answer to rust if you really feel after viewing my professional website that you dont trust me is to bring your on sd card and leave with the only copy"

I'm not suggesting that you would take advantage of this but as you know some cameras will take two sd cards and have a small internal memory.

They're two of the reasons why as much as we'd enjoy it, we wouldn't allow anybody else to take our photos.

» Add a new message to this topic