Is it my profile?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe. You never know!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't know. You are quite specific in what you want which in my opinion is a good thing.

We get hundreds of views a day and get maybe five messages a week.

Safe

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

If you deter the wrong people from messaging, you are doing a great job. Why waste time on incompatible people?

Same

By *ireupthequattroCouple  over a year ago

Stratford

Ffs another whoooos me.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Ffs another whoooos me. "

The guy is asking for advice. If you don't want to give any you needn't post.

By *unning LinguistMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Well said missus!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was asking if my profile was ok. I get views but just no messages. I've also got filters set up so I don't get guys viewing and messaging me.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I was asking if my profile was ok. I get views but just no messages. I've also got filters set up so I don't get guys viewing and messaging me. "

Your profile is ok. It's clear about what you want and who you're interested in. That's a good thing in my opinion but will bybits nature have the effect of limiting those who will contact you. Do you contact people who you feel you're compatible with?

"I was asking if my profile was ok. I get views but just no messages. I've also got filters set up so I don't get guys viewing and messaging me.

Your profile is ok. It's clear about what you want and who you're interested in. That's a good thing in my opinion but will bybits nature have the effect of limiting those who will contact you. Do you contact people who you feel you're compatible with?"

I've blocked out tv/ts and guys, apart from that anyone can contact me.

Bybits nature?

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

"I was asking if my profile was ok. I get views but just no messages. I've also got filters set up so I don't get guys viewing and messaging me. "

OP I don't see anything wrong with your profile, it's quite detailed and much better than most who ask the same question. More pictures would be nice but not essential.

It is normal to get people viewing but not messaging you. The only way to find out if you are of interest is to have a look. If they are interested they will contact you. Bear in mind you are probably getting far more views than those that show up on who's looked at me. Most ladies and couples will view in stealth mode and won't show up on the list.

Are you being pro-active and searching yourself for people you might be interested in? Do you contact those who catch your interest?

There isn't much more you can do if you are already doing this. Lots of people on fab are older and choose not to meet younger guys like you. You can't do anything about this so just keep at it and try not to get disillusioned with it.

Good luck OP.

"I was asking if my profile was ok. I get views but just no messages. I've also got filters set up so I don't get guys viewing and messaging me.

OP I don't see anything wrong with your profile, it's quite detailed and much better than most who ask the same question. More pictures would be nice but not essential.

It is normal to get people viewing but not messaging you. The only way to find out if you are of interest is to have a look. If they are interested they will contact you. Bear in mind you are probably getting far more views than those that show up on who's looked at me. Most ladies and couples will view in stealth mode and won't show up on the list.

Are you being pro-active and searching yourself for people you might be interested in? Do you contact those who catch your interest?

There isn't much more you can do if you are already doing this. Lots of people on fab are older and choose not to meet younger guys like you. You can't do anything about this so just keep at it and try not to get disillusioned with it.

Good luck OP."

I bearly get any messages sent to me and I openly look and message people. But get no response.

Only been here for a few weeks. Still a FabVirgin.

PEMBROKESHIRE, WEST WALES

By *orkie321bWoman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Good luck OP.

I bearly get any messages sent to me and I openly look and message people. But get no response. "

Unfortunately that's normal for a single man on fab.

The biggest problem is the ratio of men compared to women and couples on fab, there are just so many guys.

Are you able to attend clubs and/or organised socials? It is much easier to make an impression on people in person rather than trying to catch their eye on here.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Your profile is ok. It's clear about what you want and who you're interested in. That's a good thing in my opinion but will bybits nature have the effect of limiting those who will contact you. Do you contact people who you feel you're compatible with?

Bybits nature? "

Should say by its nature.

I asked if you contact people i.e. send messages to people you like the look of.

Good luck OP.

I bearly get any messages sent to me and I openly look and message people. But get no response.

Unfortunately that's normal for a single man on fab.

The biggest problem is the ratio of men compared to women and couples on fab, there are just so many guys.

Are you able to attend clubs and/or organised socials? It is much easier to make an impression on people in person rather than trying to catch their eye on here."

Not at the moment due to being short on money.

Bybits nature?

Should say by its nature.

I asked if you contact people i.e. send messages to people you like the look of."

Yes, but I don't get many responses and they don't turn into anything. Just people that want to chat.

Ok. Ill tell you how I read your profile, secure in the knowledge that neither of our profiles match

1. If I was a single woman reading it id think that you wouldn't find many women good enough for you. Your post here on the forum says nobody messages. Ok...so....

2. You are after what sounds like an alpha sub. She wont have any difficulty finding someone but she WILL be VERY picky. Ironic huh.

3. Ok so youre a student who doesnt drive. You limit yourself to 10 miles. Your pool just got REAL SMALL

4. If I pick at this anymore I'm gonna sound even more twatty than I already seem.

"Ok. Ill tell you how I read your profile, secure in the knowledge that neither of our profiles match

1. If I was a single woman reading it id think that you wouldn't find many women good enough for you. Your post here on the forum says nobody messages. Ok...so....

2. You are after what sounds like an alpha sub. She wont have any difficulty finding someone but she WILL be VERY picky. Ironic huh.

3. Ok so youre a student who doesnt drive. You limit yourself to 10 miles. Your pool just got REAL SMALL

4. If I pick at this anymore I'm gonna sound even more twatty than I already seem.

5. "

Its fine. I am asking for people to criticise my profile.

I thought people like picky people?

By *randmrsdisneyCouple  over a year ago

weston-super-mare

theirs a stealth mode ???

By *aggie and DanCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Is it my profile? "

Seems okay to us; better to be honest from the get go-we've had to change ours to filter out people who simply don't read our profile before messaging; standards of literacy in this country...

"Ffs another whoooos me. "

Well it seems a pretty clear profile to me ( Mrs) , can see exactly what you want and can offer to others . Decent amount of text which alot of other guys lack to get a feel for them ( no pun intended lol ) .

Like others have said you will be limited with how far you can travel but keep being polite and engaging in messages and I'm sure you will get some results soon xx

» Add a new message to this topic