FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Getting a response.

Getting a response.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What does a man have to do to get a response on this site.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Post something bone in the forum

By *oloandsaabWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Green arrow! Stop starting threads about how awful you are and that no one likes you!

"What does a man have to do to get a response on this site.

"

Be a woman!

"Green arrow! Stop starting threads about how awful you are and that no one likes you!"

The green arrow only applies to forums and thus I don't expect many people that I message actually check it. Let's be honest how many people view the forums;maybe 10%.

Plus I wouldn't be on the forums if someone would just respond once in a blue moon.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You’ve hidden your profile so that essentially drives the chances of you meeting down to zero.

You have indeed started a lot of forum threads bemoaning the lack of replies to messages and meets.

7 weeks ago I said this to you:

“I think a well written profile is quite important for a lot of men on here. I’d certainly advise those with minimal profiles to put more effort into writing them. Some may not need them because of their physical attributes but if you’re not one of these, then you have to reply on other aspects. On here we have the facility for photos and text so two opportunities to impress, catch the eye of, call it what you will, of potential sexual partners. I think the shop window analogy is a good one”

I am wondering if you thought about anything anyone has said. I think if you had and acted on advice given, you would not be here 7 weeks later still bemoaning.

"You’ve hidden your profile so that essentially drives the chances of you meeting down to zero.

You have indeed started a lot of forum threads bemoaning the lack of replies to messages and meets.

“I think a well written profile is quite important for a lot of men on here. I’d certainly advise those with minimal profiles to put more effort into writing them. Some may not need them because of their physical attributes but if you’re not one of these, then you have to reply on other aspects. On here we have the facility for photos and text so two opportunities to impress, catch the eye of, call it what you will, of potential sexual partners. I think the shop window analogy is a good one”

I am wondering if you thought about anything anyone has said. I think if you had and acted on advice given, you would not be here 7 weeks later still bemoaning. "

I haven't had my profile hidden for seven weeks, I've hanged it bunourous times and posted new pics. Jumping to assumptions there.

"You’ve hidden your profile so that essentially drives the chances of you meeting down to zero.

I am wondering if you thought about anything anyone has said. I think if you had and acted on advice given, you would not be here 7 weeks later still bemoaning.

I haven't had my profile hidden for seven weeks, I've hanged it bunourous times and posted new pics. Jumping to assumptions there. "

Sorry numerous times

I am wondering if you thought about anything anyone has said. I think if you had and acted on advice given, you would not be here 7 weeks later still bemoaning. "

'Hello and welcome to my few lines of Fab. Extremely minimal to prevent copying. If you’d like to read the full profile, let me know and I’ll send a copy in a message. No expectations'

Ironic advice given the comments on your profile.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

'Hello and welcome to my few lines of Fab. Extremely minimal to prevent copying. If you’d like to read the full profile, let me know and I’ll send a copy in a message. No expectations'

Ironic advice given the comments on your profile. "

I didn’t assume you’d hidden your profile for 7 weeks. Yes, my profile is minimal, but I’ve had lots of meets and I’m not the one asking for help, am I?

If you don’t change anything, then nothing will change. No point bemoaning lack of interest, no meets, no replies blah blah blah then ask for advice, not bother taking any and then have a go at someone who points that out. It doesn’t make me look daft, anyway.

I didn’t assume you’d hidden your profile for 7 weeks. Yes, my profile is minimal, but I’ve had lots of meets and I’m not the one asking for help, am I?

If you don’t change anything, then nothing will change. No point bemoaning lack of interest, no meets, no replies blah blah blah then ask for advice, not bother taking any and then have a go at someone who points that out. It doesn’t make me look daft, anyway. "

So it's a do as say not as I do type advice. It also undermines the advice your giving,you advise have more on your profile yet you clearly don't see it as necessary for yourself.

By *he devil wears pradaWoman  over a year ago

gosport ish

If you don’t change anything, then nothing will change. No point bemoaning lack of interest, no meets, no replies blah blah blah then ask for advice, not bother taking any and then have a go at someone who points that out. It doesn’t make me look daft, anyway.

So it's a do as say not as I do type advice. It also undermines the advice your giving,you advise have more on your profile yet you clearly don't see it as necessary for yourself. "

as clearly please pointed out op the gent is not having any problems meeting people regardless of what’s on his profile. If you don’t like the advice, don’t start forum posts

By *orticiaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

So it's a do as say not as I do type advice. It also undermines the advice your giving,you advise have more on your profile yet you clearly don't see it as necessary for yourself. "

Steve has been here long enough to be able to get away with a minimal profile - he also contributes in a positive way on forums which often leads to conversation, meetings, group socials etc. In addition, there is a level of irony & sarcasm in the couple of lines on his profile which indicate his personality & sense of humour & that is what women really want to know about a guy - not the size of his dick!

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

That's not what Steve said, Steve offered YOU advice on YOUR profile as YOU requested.

You're not comparing eggs with eggs either.

Steve's been around a while, knows how to conduct himself on the forums and as his verifications would suggest he knows how to write a meaningful first message and engage his target audience.

I'd also suggest that if he asked for advice and gother it, he'd act on it and not continue whining that he wasn't getting anywhere.

If you want things to change, you have to change the way you do things.

Perhaps I just wanted to have a rant

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"Perhaps I just wanted to have a rant

"

And perhaps you didn't.

*Thursday's by the way.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Steve is a popular member of the forums. He has a good well written out profile(so good he has to hide it as it gets copied) you would do well to take advice from success men instead of bleating on

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"Perhaps I just wanted to have a rant

"

Bloody hell youre a little ray of sunshine aren’t you?!

Nobody wants a misery guts - cheer up!

I guess I should make a public apology.

Im sorry to anyone I may ha e annoyed with my public ranting and moaning. I should be grateful with what I have in life. I hope in time I can be forgiven.

Finally a personal apology to Steve, the forum guru who's expert advice is not just wise but most definitely listened to.

I love you all

I think perseverance is the key. I used to get really frustrated when females/couples didn’t respond to my messages. But if you take in to account that lots of females/couples get 100s of messages a day, it would take forever to reply to them all. I think it’s a case of making your message stand out rather than standard “how are you” messages etc.

» Add a new message to this topic