FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Is army a good thing

Is army a good thing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all.

Not sure that saying I'm ex army is a good thing or a turn off.

What do you guys think ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cousesubsallyWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere out there

It wouldn’t put me off personally, I can’t answer for anyone else... only thing I’d say is you’ve put it twice which is overstating the fact for me

By *mber DextrousWoman  over a year ago

Devon

Some women love forces types and they'll appreciate it, others avoid. There's no single answer.

Personally I don't see how ex forces is relevant, that bit of info seems superfluous but wouldn't be a negative.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS  over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

It's not a good or bad thing. It's just bad when someone's entire personality revolves around being in the army like some here are

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

"It's not a good or bad thing. It's just bad when someone's entire personality revolves around being in the army like some here are"

While I do get what you mean, it's not just a job and it does become your life for some people - it's your job, your home, your friends, your social scene.

OP, I dislike people who try to use it as 'I'm army, now come get me' but it's of interest because I know we may well share a view on life and a sense of humour. Just be careful you don't end up using it as if it gives you a golden ticket.

"It's not a good or bad thing. It's just bad when someone's entire personality revolves around being in the army like some here are

While I do get what you mean, it's not just a job and it does become your life for some people - it's your job, your home, your friends, your social scene.

OP, I dislike people who try to use it as 'I'm army, now come get me' but it's of interest because I know we may well share a view on life and a sense of humour. Just be careful you don't end up using it as if it gives you a golden ticket. "

Cheers for the feed back x

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

It was a great thing for my family

Both my parents were in it, my husband was in and now my eldest son is in.

Top tip on your persec if you user name is your number then I suggest you change it as it can be easily traced.

"It wouldn’t put me off personally, I can’t answer for anyone else... only thing I’d say is you’ve put it twice which is overstating the fact for me "

Thanks for the feed back

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

"Top tip on your persec if you user name is your number then I suggest you change it as it can be easily traced. "

Most definitely this.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Love ex army.... Particularly the officers

Falkirk

"Top tip on your persec if you user name is your number then I suggest you change it as it can be easily traced.

Most definitely this. "

He was told about it 14 weeks ago but clearly ignored it (green arrow).

Wouldn't be surprised if he is a Walter Mitty.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

To an extent I'm not really interested in what people used to do for a living if I'm meeting them from fab.

Being ex-army will appeal to some and not others.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Uniforms aside and giddy fantasies, the forces have made me the man I am. The travel and the life experience has been the best education. Far better than any university could ever offer. I have seen the world and humanity in a way I would have never seen if I had have followed a normal civilian path. I am proud of who I am and life I have lived. So I would say for me it's a good thing and very much woven into the fabric that I'm made of.

"Uniforms aside and giddy fantasies, the forces have made me the man I am. The travel and the life experience has been the best education. Far better than any university could ever offer. I have seen the world and humanity in a way I would have never seen if I had have followed a normal civilian path. I am proud of who I am and life I have lived. So I would say for me it's a good thing and very much woven into the fabric that I'm made of."

Indeed...it is the core values that are instilled into ex military that I like...not the uniforms per se...

The way they hold themselves, the respect they have for people that respect them... as you say, their life experience... cannot be taught anywhere else unless the individual is very able to be self disciplined...and then in off time, they way they need to let go...

By *lara_JamieCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Be an ex-professional soldier, not a professional ex-soldier. Move on... Xx

"Top tip on your persec if you user name is your number then I suggest you change it as it can be easily traced.

Most definitely this.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is a Walter Mitty. "

Who was told 14 weeks ago ?

100% not a Walter lol more than happy to talk in pm if you wish. But i also apricate the feed back.

"Uniforms aside and giddy fantasies, the forces have made me the man I am. The travel and the life experience has been the best education. Far better than any university could ever offer. I have seen the world and humanity in a way I would have never seen if I had have followed a normal civilian path. I am proud of who I am and life I have lived. So I would say for me it's a good thing and very much woven into the fabric that I'm made of."

Couldnt agree more mate only thing I miss is the brotherhood you can't find anywere else. And the very dark sense of humour which civis dont really understand lol

Falkirk

Sorted

By *ottie_84Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

I don’t mind a squaddie I’ve got mates in the forces so am used to the banter etc lol

"Uniforms aside and giddy fantasies, the forces have made me the man I am. The travel and the life experience has been the best education. Far better than any university could ever offer. I have seen the world and humanity in a way I would have never seen if I had have followed a normal civilian path. I am proud of who I am and life I have lived. So I would say for me it's a good thing and very much woven into the fabric that I'm made of.

Couldnt agree more mate only thing I miss is the brotherhood you can't find anywere else. And the very dark sense of humour which civis dont really understand lol "

Unless they have spent a lot of time with them in their down time

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I used to be in the army 1978-1982

Does anyone really not meet ex forces personnel?

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

Mumbai

One of my earliest relationships was with a guy in the army, and my most recent one was with someone in the airforce. Just need to collect my naval badge now

I’m ex marine 42commando

By *ANDA2Couple  over a year ago

Henley Arden

"I’m ex marine 42commando "

The OP is ex Rifles.

"I used to be in the army 1978-1982

Does anyone really not meet ex forces personnel?"

"I’m ex marine 42commando "

hey Royal..its not ex,,,its former lol

By *aribbeandarkMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Indeed mate some of my best experience is in the army I’ve seen where it turns my life around and many others it’s the mindset you have while your in it for me the army is a good thing...

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"I used to be in the army 1978-1982

Does anyone really not meet ex forces personnel?"

I think it depends on the person. Some people let their service define them to the exclusion of everything else which can sometimes be offputting.

I couldn't care less what someone does/did for a living. What you used to be is not what you are now nor is it relevant for a meet, not to me anyway.

"I’m ex marine 42commando

hey Royal..its not ex,,,its former lol"

yes sorry was to early this morning lol

Falkirk

We both know 45 were the elite lol

By *andWCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Luton

hey Royal..its not ex,,,its former lolyes sorry was to early this morning lol"

Also buddy it's Royal Marine

42 as well

Ignore our brother from 45 ... he's clearly had too much to drink

Falkirk

hey Royal..its not ex,,,its former lolyes sorry was to early this morning lol

42 as well

Ignore our brother from 45 ... he's clearly had too much to drink "

By *ilancsguyMan  over a year ago

Burnley

As for a meet I dont think a profession has any real baring... unless you are into uniforms that is.

In general though have the utmost respect for any military personnel past or current

"As for a meet I dont think a profession has any real baring... unless you are into uniforms that is.

In general though have the utmost respect for any military personnel past or current "

Hmmm have found them to have way more respect for people as a whole,and more open minded...

By *nlyDesiCandiTV/TS  over a year ago

Mumbai

"

In general though have the utmost respect for any military personnel past or current "

Absolutely - some of the best men in my life who I truly value.

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Have so much respect for the forces, and there fit ,have friends that are in the army ..

Luton

Huge thanks and lots of love to those of you who left kind comments.

We used to have a problem in this country many years ago where there wasn't much respect for the Armed Forces. Thankfully that's now changing and it's really appreciated by those of us who were/still are in.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Huge thanks and lots of love to those of you who left kind comments.

We used to have a problem in this country many years ago where there wasn't much respect for the Armed Forces. Thankfully that's now changing and it's really appreciated by those of us who were/still are in. "

Really? I’ve been around servicemen and ex servicemen all my life (mum and dad served in WWII) and apart from the usual misinformed wankers, I’ve seen nothing but respect.

I was serving and married a serving squaddie when the Falklands started, we were supported.

"Be an ex-professional soldier, not a professional ex-soldier. Move on... Xx"

Wow ffs

By *r and Mrs A HornyCouple  over a year ago

coventry

My views. Ok I’m military but if you are a dick and not a gentleman (I’m the male so men’s view) it doesn’t matter if you military or civvy your personality always comes through so be yourself if your proud to be ex military say it. If that put someone off so be it you can’t tick everything someone want. Happy fabbing my 2 p xx M

Luton

"Huge thanks and lots of love to those of you who left kind comments.

We used to have a problem in this country many years ago where there wasn't much respect for the Armed Forces. Thankfully that's now changing and it's really appreciated by those of us who were/still are in.

Really? I’ve been around servicemen and ex servicemen all my life (mum and dad served in WWII) and apart from the usual misinformed wankers, I’ve seen nothing but respect.

I was serving and married a serving squaddie when the Falklands started, we were supported. "

Yes really. I'm including most past government's in that too.

hey Royal..its not ex,,,its former lolyes sorry was to early this morning lol

42 as well

Ignore our brother from 45 ... he's clearly had too much to drink

"

former 45 too

By *pertureTV/TS  over a year ago

New Ferry, wirral in stockings and sussies

I don't realy think its relevant, that is why I don't mention it, I think it comes across as if one is expecting preferential treatment, fab never signed up to the armed forces covenant.

Don’t think it’s relevant unless you want them to turn up in uniform.

I wouldn’t of thought a job would have any bearing on who you decide to meet or not.

Maybe I’m wrong?

By *ngelina4uWoman  over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

"Hey all.

What do you guys think ? "

Its not a good or a bad thing as I see it its more about the person not what they do or did.

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple  over a year ago

chester

The OP is ex Rifles.

"

Yep, along with the 252 the handle is the giveaway

By *hubnwife_36dd_ukCouple  over a year ago

chester

To the OP.

There is probably no correct answer to your question, so here's my two penn'orth:

Letting on your are ex-service (no matter how proud you are of it) straight off isn't always a good idea, see points below.

So just keep the chat/messaging light for the first few messages until you've sussed out a great deal more about the other party. Recce is king remember.

Then either don't mention it at all or drop it in at that point, treat it as a ranging shot. Don't leave it until you get to the meet.

1) Some people won't meet ex-service people because they hold beliefs that don't accept the use of armed force. Not my view, but it is theirs and so they aren't going to meet you anyway.

2) We all know, thanks to the poor support they get sometimes, that "Shit happens, deal with it and move on" doesn't always work and some ex-service guys can be carrying baggage (witness the numbers on the streets) so again some folks will shy away if you're totally upfront. Give them a chance to chat to YOU and it may result in a different outcome.

3) They are drooling at the possibility of meeting a guy in uniform? Are you just going to be a tick for bragging rights when they're down the pub? Might be the hottest meet you've ever had, might be an appointment with a bunny-boiler fruit-cake, esp if they deem you disappointing. They should want to meet you first, the rest is icing on the cake.

4) Real nutters. There's plenty of warning to single girls on here to be mighty careful re meeting strangers in strange places and alone. It should also apply to fabbers declaring themselves ex-service people up front, especially if your unit has recently been in a combat zone. What easier way to pick up a target then a free sex bait? Back in the Red Menace days they used to warn us of the Russkis playing that one. You're pretty vulnerable face down and dick deep or face up and her tits blocking your view and no back up. Be careful out there, there are people who do not have your best welfare at heart.

I agree with some points, but I am ex army and Disabled, so gets it out of the way before, a social is arranged as, have been called a freak at a social lol

My son has just signed up.

I wasn't sure what to make of that. I do believe, the Army will be the making of him though. He's quite immature and lazy!

I love a uniform, so it’s a winner for me!

Met a few forces guys and they’re lovely

I believe it’s a good thing, I met my ex in the military and daughter is off to military college.

My preference on here to meet is military also, I tend to stick to what I know! Lol

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

As has been said OP there's no right or wrong answer - same as with most things on here, some people will be attracted by it, others won't.

I do find it strange when guys post pics of them in uniform though, which almost comes across as expecting that is their free ticket to sex - which strikes me as a little much.

All that pales into insignificance though when compared to the profile I saw earlier in the week which mentioned he was in the services - Google Reverse Imaged his pics and the first one turns out to be of a decorated Para killed in Afghanistan 12 years ago!! Disgusted me as I am sure it would most and have needless to say reported the profile that also included a pic that turned out to be of a friend of Prince Harry!!

Obviously the profile owner thought that the military connection would somehow help him get meets, but how sick do you have to be to use pics of a dead man to do so?!

Im not sure what 'ex army' would do for someone? I know some women like a man in uniform or a position of power, but not sure ex army means much? Thats my opinion anyway. I might put 'ex police' on my profile, dont think it would mean shit all personally

Army is a turn off to me

Massive turn on. Takes balls to be in the army and I respect that

Some people find it a turn on, some don't... end of the day we're all human.. or are we?

By *mpaler721Man  over a year ago

Devon

I'm ex RAF ARMOURER. Forces is a great trade, uniform helps too. Need any advice, drop me a line.

By *ur1ou2Man  over a year ago

Prudhoe

Think saying you are Military or police or fire service or whatever might give wrong impression to some people

I tend to leave it out - unless someone’s profile is asking for this - then it will soon become clear you have had that experience and sren’t A bullshitter!!

Let’s face it - anybody can get a uniform !!

I don’t see the relevance of putting your occupation on your profile it’s nobody’s business unless your doing it to explain when you can and can’t meet?

By *annock1Man  over a year ago

cannock

To be honest I've always found ex military personnel to be some of the most respectful and open minded people I've ever met. And ive worked with many who've left the services.

Yes there can be some less favourable people out there,(as in all walks of life!) but on the whole they can be far more friendly than those who have no connection to the services.

Respect to all those who are currently serving or who have served in the past.

"Hey all.

What do you guys think ? "

Honestly.. I mention it in conversation on here, but that's where I leave it. Any person worth their salt will want to meet you for who you are, not what you used to do.

Plenty of room for Army banter and memories in the Forum though.

Its the man not the uniform he wears!

I don't see the need if it was like me over 25 years ago lol I have had other jobs afterwards. Two of them for far longer than I was in the Army etc. But I don't go round saying ex this and that.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"Its the man not the uniform he wears!"

So true

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

have no idea why id want to know what someone used to do for a living. So yes it would put me off them harping on about it

"We both know 45 were the elite lol "
hahaha we all know that the senior service trumps the pongos and crabs. And as for elite everyone knows its submariners that are the elite of the armed forces.

Im an ex squaddie (22 years) but do not mention it on my profile. It was just a job. I moved on as soon as my contract ended.

"We both know 45 were the elite lol hahaha we all know that the senior service trumps the pongos and crabs. And as for elite everyone knows its submariners that are the elite of the armed forces."

Elite? Sitting in a tin can for months on end?

Most definitely this.

Wouldn't be surprised if he is a Walter Mitty.

Who was told 14 weeks ago ?

100% not a Walter lol more than happy to talk in pm if you wish. But i also apricate the feed back."

They followed the Green arrow next to your username on your post and it's there for all to see

[Removed by poster at 13/01/19 16:11:31]

So how many ex army personnel on here was in the Royal Marines?

Put it this way if you go to CTC and put on who’s near your phone will melt

"Put it this way if you go to CTC and put on who’s near your phone will melt "

What or where is CTC?

"So how many ex army personnel on here was in the Royal Marines?"

None.. Marines are Navy.

Some us Army lot may be ex-commandos though

"Put it this way if you go to CTC and put on who’s near your phone will melt

What or where is CTC?"

Devon

"Put it this way if you go to CTC and put on who’s near your phone will melt "

You say that, but when I drove past Lympstone a few days ago, I didn't see shit pop up on whose near.

I was looking for Training staff, because I'm a tad too old for Sprog Marines now Was only out of curiosoty. I couldnt stop.

"Put it this way if you go to CTC and put on who’s near your phone will melt

You say that, but when I drove past Lympstone a few days ago, I didn't see shit pop up on whose near.

I was looking for Training staff, because I'm a tad too old for Sprog Marines now Was only out of curiosoty. I couldnt stop."

Last time I was there there was a few within 1/4 mile

So anyway, guys, is the army a good thing?

By *eavier than HeavenMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Never felt the need to tell possible meets or peeps on here about my military past tbh Op, but I've seen it about the threads. I served for a few years myself with 1 RIR and it was a huge part of my life, but I've only came across like three posts about military personnel on the forum recently. Personally I have never shared or told many on here about it as Northern Ireland is a bit mad lol

"Never felt the need to tell possible meets or peeps on here about my military past tbh Op, but I've seen it about the threads. I served for a few years myself with 1 RIR and it was a huge part of my life, but I've only came across like three posts about military personnel on the forum recently. Personally I have never shared or told many on here about it as Northern Ireland is a bit mad lol "

Yeah.. I'd be very quiet about my past career if I lived there

By *eavier than HeavenMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Never felt the need to tell possible meets or peeps on here about my military past tbh Op, but I've seen it about the threads. I served for a few years myself with 1 RIR and it was a huge part of my life, but I've only came across like three posts about military personnel on the forum recently. Personally I have never shared or told many on here about it as Northern Ireland is a bit mad lol

Yeah.. I'd be very quiet about my past career if I lived there "

very true !

Surely it's about the person and not the job ?????? The hottest guy in the world is a roadsweeper ??? Gets no meets ?? Crazy.

"Surely it's about the person and not the job ?????? The hottest guy in the world is a roadsweeper ??? Gets no meets ?? Crazy."

I think if you read some of the comments the women have written, you'll find that they mostly pick man before job when it comes to Fab.

This mythical roadsweeper you talk of should be getting all the poontang his heart desires.. if he really is the most attractive man in the world.

I’d like to know so I can avoid.

So much respect for our Forces but 1 negative experience with an ex-serviceman in real life led to me saying never again til I met another on here and thought don’t tar all with same brush... which backfired as that too ended negatively.

X

I have met some gorgeous squaddies on Fab and had a great time with them, but their job had nothing to do with why I met them... Apart from for a second meet... I found that meeting someone that had served in the desert is not going to die of heat exhaustion when being worked hard during a heatwave

By *ompeygirlWoman  over a year ago

portsmouth

I live in a naval town... and have a son that served 4 years in the army... full respect to all our military!!.... if fab is ur thing then Fair play.... let's have fun ??????

"I’d like to know so I can avoid.

So much respect for our Forces but 1 negative experience with an ex-serviceman in real life led to me saying never again til I met another on here and thought don’t tar all with same brush... which backfired as that too ended negatively.

X

"

Sorry to hear that We're not all bad, but if it's based of experience that won't make any difference to you. Most of the biggest dickheads I've ever met were in the Forces, so I can't defend us as a collective too strongly.

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan  over a year ago

ANDOVER

"To the OP.

There is probably no correct answer to your question, so here's my two penn'orth:

Letting on your are ex-service (no matter how proud you are of it) straight off isn't always a good idea, see points below.

So just keep the chat/messaging light for the first few messages until you've sussed out a great deal more about the other party. Recce is king remember.

Then either don't mention it at all or drop it in at that point, treat it as a ranging shot. Don't leave it until you get to the meet.

1) Some people won't meet ex-service people because they hold beliefs that don't accept the use of armed force. Not my view, but it is theirs and so they aren't going to meet you anyway.

2) We all know, thanks to the poor support they get sometimes, that "Shit happens, deal with it and move on" doesn't always work and some ex-service guys can be carrying baggage (witness the numbers on the streets) so again some folks will shy away if you're totally upfront. Give them a chance to chat to YOU and it may result in a different outcome.

3) They are drooling at the possibility of meeting a guy in uniform? Are you just going to be a tick for bragging rights when they're down the pub? Might be the hottest meet you've ever had, might be an appointment with a bunny-boiler fruit-cake, esp if they deem you disappointing. They should want to meet you first, the rest is icing on the cake.

4) Real nutters. There's plenty of warning to single girls on here to be mighty careful re meeting strangers in strange places and alone. It should also apply to fabbers declaring themselves ex-service people up front, especially if your unit has recently been in a combat zone. What easier way to pick up a target then a free sex bait? Back in the Red Menace days they used to warn us of the Russkis playing that one. You're pretty vulnerable face down and dick deep or face up and her tits blocking your view and no back up. Be careful out there, there are people who do not have your best welfare at heart.

"

Particularly the latter. On several occasions I've pointed out that Reg. insignia or flags (i.e. Big Maroon ones!) as background in photos might be a little careless if nut jobs get to spot them and then try and have a crack (which quite frankly, is not as unlikely as it might first seem). It's actually even a little more dodgy these days than when Ivan was at risk of kicking off!

ANDOVER

That said it's always great to meet people on here that have things in common ….. it can help make meets much more relaxing and the sex even better!

Depends if you still have the uniform

"To the OP.

Particularly the latter. On several occasions I've pointed out that Reg. insignia or flags (i.e. Big Maroon ones!) as background in photos might be a little careless if nut jobs get to spot them and then try and have a crack (which quite frankly, is not as unlikely as it might first seem). It's actually even a little more dodgy these days than when Ivan was at risk of kicking off!"

I'm not sure that'd put off most maroon flag owners They are the invincible airbourne after all , everyone else being a crap hat.

ANDOVER

"To the OP.

Particularly the latter. On several occasions I've pointed out that Reg. insignia or flags (i.e. Big Maroon ones!) as background in photos might be a little careless if nut jobs get to spot them and then try and have a crack (which quite frankly, is not as unlikely as it might first seem). It's actually even a little more dodgy these days than when Ivan was at risk of kicking off!

I'm not sure that'd put off most maroon flag owners They are the invincible airbourne after all , everyone else being a crap hat. "

X

Sorry to hear that We're not all bad, but if it's based of experience that won't make any difference to you. Most of the biggest dickheads I've ever met were in the Forces, so I can't defend us as a collective too strongly."

Ah bless x honestly I don’t tar everyone with the same brush but as I’ve been burnt, I’ll avoid x

X

Sorry to hear that We're not all bad, but if it's based of experience that won't make any difference to you. Most of the biggest dickheads I've ever met were in the Forces, so I can't defend us as a collective too strongly.

Ah bless x honestly I don’t tar everyone with the same brush but as I’ve been burnt, I’ll avoid x "

Best and only reason to hold any sort of preference in my opinion

What if, hypothetically speaking. The ex, or current member of the Forces you were talking to, was actually a bit ashamed of their former career and didn't really think of the past in a positive light? Spending the rest of their life looking forward to what they want to be, rather than what they used to be? Would that possibly sway you? Don't answer if you don't want to x

X

Ah bless x honestly I don’t tar everyone with the same brush but as I’ve been burnt, I’ll avoid x

What if, hypothetically speaking. The ex, or current member of the Forces you were talking to, was actually a bit ashamed of their former career and didn't really think of the past in a positive light? Spending the rest of their life looking forward to what they want to be, rather than what they used to be? Would that possibly sway you? Don't answer if you don't want to x"

I doubt that person would be on Fab and certainly wouldn’t want a future with me x

X

What if, hypothetically speaking. The ex, or current member of the Forces you were talking to, was actually a bit ashamed of their former career and didn't really think of the past in a positive light? Spending the rest of their life looking forward to what they want to be, rather than what they used to be? Would that possibly sway you? Don't answer if you don't want to x

I doubt that person would be on Fab and certainly wouldn’t want a future with me x "

Well I'm pretty ashamed about a lot of my time in the Armed Forces. In some instances, my own personal behaviour, in some cases my colleagues.. in general the Foreign Policy we enforced on other people in other countries.

I know that'll rattle some of the others servicemen and women in this thread and I'd rather not get into it on this thread with them. As it's a controversial view within the Forces Community.

Just pointing out, we're not all keen, green, arrogant, immature, narcissistic fuck wits without a conscience.

Who's to say someone like that wouldn't be interested in someone like you? You won't know if you shut them all out in a blanket ban.

I've not lived in your shoes though, so if you feel your experienced based ban is justified, then stick to it. Look after number 1.

X

I doubt that person would be on Fab and certainly wouldn’t want a future with me x

Well I'm pretty ashamed about a lot of my time in the Armed Forces. In some instances, my own personal behaviour, in some cases my colleagues.. in general the Foreign Policy we enforced on other people in other countries.

I know that'll rattle some of the others servicemen and women in this thread and I'd rather not get into it on this thread with them. As it's a controversial view within the Forces Community.

Just pointing out, we're not all keen, green, arrogant, immature, narcissistic fuck wits without a conscience.

Who's to say someone like that wouldn't be interested in someone like you? You won't know if you shut them all out in a blanket ban.

I've not lived in your shoes though, so if you feel your experienced based ban is justified, then stick to it. Look after number 1."

So much admiration and respect for that x

X

I've not lived in your shoes though, so if you feel your experienced based ban is justified, then stick to it. Look after number 1.

So much admiration and respect for that x "

Just a young kid who fell for all the bullshit, made the wrong decision and got a very harsh lesson in how the world really works.

Spending the rest of my life trying to make small amends in the only way I know how, by being kind.

Admiration and respect reciprocated x

» Add a new message to this topic