FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Helpful advice for new guy?

Helpful advice for new guy?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have had an account here for over a year, but I’m still yet to have my first meet.

The only serious enquiries I’ve had haven’t really been what I’m looking for (generally single men over 50, no thanks) I have since stopped allowing messages from single men (didn’t know I could do that until recently).

I’m just wondering if anyone can give me some helpful, constructive advice on how to make this work! Or if I am going wrong somewhere...

Like I said, I’m fairly new here and I still haven’t met anyone yet, so go easy on me!

Thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have had an account here for over a year, but I’m still yet to have my first meet.

The only serious enquiries I’ve had haven’t really been what I’m looking for (generally single men over 50, no thanks) I have since stopped allowing messages from single men (didn’t know I could do that until recently).

I’m just wondering if anyone can give me some helpful, constructive advice on how to make this work! Or if I am going wrong somewhere...

Like I said, I’m fairly new here and I still haven’t met anyone yet, so go easy on me!

Thanks."

you've said you have set your filters to stop men messaging but your profile says you're bi and want to meet men, I think this could be the reason women don't message coupled with your age and lack of profile, it's your selling point, write a profile and maybe a couple of better pics

"you've said you have set your filters to stop men messaging but your profile says you're bi and want to meet men, I think this could be the reason women don't message coupled with your age and lack of profile, it's your selling point, write a profile and maybe a couple of better pics "

I didn’t realise my profile said Im Bi, I’ve changed that now, thanks for pointing it out.

This site is probably fine if you’ve been doing it for years, but it’s a nightmare for new users!

I don’t think my age would be a big problem though, I’m 22 not 12

"you've said you have set your filters to stop men messaging but your profile says you're bi and want to meet men, I think this could be the reason women don't message coupled with your age and lack of profile, it's your selling point, write a profile and maybe a couple of better pics

I didn’t realise my profile said Im Bi, I’ve changed that now, thanks for pointing it out.

This site is probably fine if you’ve been doing it for years, but it’s a nightmare for new users!

I don’t think my age would be a big problem though, I’m 22 not 12 "

If you havnt met in a year something must be a problem though don't you think and isn't that why you're asking?

"you've said you have set your filters to stop men messaging but your profile says you're bi and want to meet men, I think this could be the reason women don't message coupled with your age and lack of profile, it's your selling point, write a profile and maybe a couple of better pics

If you havnt met in a year something must be a problem though don't you think and isn't that why you're asking?

Yeah I mean, I haven’t religiously logged in every day looking for meets. I’ve changed my profile settings, taken most of your advice and I’ll put a few better pics on later.

With any luck it might happen now.

Still, I don’t think my age is a problem, I was actually invited to the site by a 45 year old woman who I couldn’t meet due to distance!

"Yeah I mean, I haven’t religiously logged in every day looking for meets. I’ve changed my profile settings, taken most of your advice and I’ll put a few better pics on later.

With any luck it might happen now.

Still, I don’t think my age is a problem, I was actually invited to the site by a 45 year old woman who I couldn’t meet due to distance! "

Never let distance stop you, some of your best meets are going to be the furthest away

By *eorge n DragonCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

Agree that your age and cannot accommodate go against you. But of course there will people who want to meet younger men.

Nice pictures on your profile, it refreshing to see body pictures.

Would suggest going out and socializing. Find Fab socials in your area. Put your name down and go along and meet people from the site.

Would also recommend a club. These are not for everyone but a good place to meet people.

Dittoon George n Dragon.

A club.

B polite and talk to people. Dont expect and project that... ask if there on fab and if they could verify you..

If you’ve got a web cam I’d suggest going into the (local) chat room/s and putting on your cam. You may get verified that way. If not, you could still chat with others there and that may lead to a meet?!

Good luck !

"I have had an account here for over a year, but I’m still yet to have my first meet.

Thanks."

your not the only one there loads of men in the same boat so give it time as i been here over 4 years and not meet anyone

By *rchitectMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

It’s just a matter of luck tbh, women on here get so much choice. I am sure you are a great guy but it’s so hard to get past first base. I have had the same problem .

Good advice, need to send a lot of messages, make them interesting, funny tag line in the title helps e.g open me, you know you want to. Send a face pic. Make sure you match what they are looking for age wise.

Attend socials, get verified by cam. Check the meeting page for updates.

Look at other men's profiles to see if there is anything that you can copy, revise profile with some sex interests and not hobbies. Good luck, the more you are on the luckier you will get. You could do better on tinder, probably easier. Hope it helps and good luck

"It’s just a matter of luck tbh, women on here get so much choice. I am sure you are a great guy but it’s so hard to get past first base. I have had the same problem ."
i would agree but in my eyes they are looking for the perfect wonder on here

» Add a new message to this topic