FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > New Members Makes mistakes

New Members Makes mistakes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I’m a fairly New Member here, and accidentally hijacked a post and got a lot of attitude of members here for doing so. Is this the kind of attitude here ? Not very welcoming for new people

We all have to start somewhere.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Your profile says "been here years ago. Know how site works".

"Your profile says "been here years ago. Know how site works"."

Hi thank you for replying yes ( messaging side etc ) not the chat forum though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Don't take it to heart OP, you can't hijack a thread as anyone is entitled to reply on it. You can get bad attitude in the forum, sadly but most regulars are not like it. So you put something in the wrong place, don't worry about it.

X

"Don't take it to heart OP, you can't hijack a thread as anyone is entitled to reply on it. You can get bad attitude in the forum, sadly but most regulars are not like it. So you put something in the wrong place, don't worry about it.

X"

Hi and thank you for your reply, it was literally my first ever reply in the chat forum agreeing with a guy then continued the conversation. Thank you though, x

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Seems like that thread has been deleted so don't worry about it as it has vanished now.

"Seems like that thread has been deleted so don't worry about it as it has vanished now. "

Hi yeah ok, it’s difficult to get a meet on here as it is. Thank you for replying nice to know there are some decent understanding people here.

By *revaunanceCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

"I’m a fairly New Member here, and accidentally hijacked a post and got a lot of attitude of members here for doing so. "

In fairness it was just one person who pointed it out.

The forums can be a bit of a bloodsport sometimes. Just bear that in mind when you’re thinking about posting.

Better a thread than an airliner, as my Nan used to say.

"The forums can be a bit of a bloodsport sometimes. Just bear that in mind when you’re thinking about posting."

I’m kind of learning the hard way, only today joining in or posting a post or comments etc,

Guess I’ve a lot to learn.

Thank you for the advice though.

"I’m a fairly New Member here, and accidentally hijacked a post and got a lot of attitude of members here for doing so. Is this the kind of attitude here ? Not very welcoming for new people

We all have to start somewhere. "

take no notice people can be up them.selfbes honesty. It's a site you know know one ho with your instincts x

"I’m a fairly New Member here, and accidentally hijacked a post and got a lot of attitude of members here for doing so. Is this the kind of attitude here ? Not very welcoming for new people

dint take it personally! Do what you do you'll get on fine. Care just a little less

We all probably have been guilty of inadvertently hijacking a thread at some time, and most have been fortunate not to have had someone jump on them from a great height for doing so. Ignore poor behaviour and stay positive. I would remove your "experience" from your profile write up though, as much as you are probably still smarting, as it doesn't read well.

Hi thank you for the advice and I’ve completely put a honest genuine profile up.

We all have to start somewhere. dint take it personally! Do what you do you'll get on fine. Care just a little less "

Hi thank you that’s very nice of you for your comments, probably to over sensitive.

"Better a thread than an airliner, as my Nan used to say."

Lol very true thank you for your reply.

"The forums can be a bit of a bloodsport sometimes. Just bear that in mind when you’re thinking about posting."

Hi thank you for your reply, yeah I guess you have to have thick skin. Not to take it to heart.

"I’m a fairly New Member here, and accidentally hijacked a post and got a lot of attitude of members here for doing so.

In fairness it was just one person who pointed it out."

Yeah it’s probably me being to over sensitive I’m not used to chatting in forums so it’s completely new to me, thank you for your comment.

"Don't take it to heart OP, you can't hijack a thread as anyone is entitled to reply on it. You can get bad attitude in the forum, sadly but most regulars are not like it. So you put something in the wrong place, don't worry about it.

X"

Hi both thank you for your comments it’s probably me being to sensitive, also not used to being on these forums or this kind of site tbh.

I have completely updated my profile.

Personally i find one or two people just use forums to put people down or rip into the profile in some way shape or form..all the while thinking they are funny..

"Personally i find one or two people just use forums to put people down or rip into the profile in some way shape or form..all the while thinking they are funny.."

These type of individuals may have issues, because personally I’d not run anyone down, lots of people sadly like to run others down they get a kick out of other people’s misery. Like a control or power thing.

Thanks for reply.

Don't even ask how I got into the introductions forum... friends interesting thread by the OP.

I didn't see the thread that got removed... what "pouncing" occured or if it was that bad/extreme... this thread prompted some really good replies. Real valid points on what can occur in forums especially for newbies. Therefore bumping for a wider audience and yes for the lurkers that maybe "worried" ... for as long as the minority (negative attitudes) exist in the forums so will the counter (majority) positive/happy attitudes.

Enjoyed reading the replies from the posters in here. Thanks for sharing

» Add a new message to this topic