"Me neither do you think I've been had by a lady"

Were you supposed to meet someone?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Did she ask for ID or something? Lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't send pictures of my passport or driving licence. Rather meet in person

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Arrangement been made but wouldn't provide something other than here, dont worry men are sceptical too

"Arrangement been made but wouldn't provide something other than here, dont worry men are sceptical too"

That's the chance you take. Once I know what the person looks like , I d never swapped numbers with a guy. Arrange to meet and if he turns up he turns up. Been stood up a few times but that's part of the chance you take.

I've been stood up over the years too and I've also been cat catfished by women and men so hence the scepticism

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

In fairness I meet most people without them having my number.but they would have kik

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've never asked someone to confirm their identity how do you do that. In fact I won't give out my phone number until I know I'll meet someone more than once. If you chat long enough you get to know if someone is genuine or not. If someone pushed me for more info or my phone number I wouldn't meet them.

It's the internet many ways without exchanging numbers a fresh photo with thumbs up or today's newspaper, the reason I really asked is because I've been had before and told sure look ur here now ya might as well stay like and we can do stuff together, eh but like I wanted to meet the woman in the pictures not you "a man"

Newtownabbey

If someone asked me to take a pic with todays paper etc Id tell them to run on.

I guess its down to your own instinct

A few lives iik pics or a quick video call...

Wouldn't meet someone without that.

It normally happens naturally without having to ask for a proof of life style photo though. Benifit of taking your time to chat and get to know someone before arranging any meet

Not going to happen.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, for a newbie all advice taken aboard

"Arrangement been made but wouldn't provide something other than here, dont worry men are sceptical too

That's the chance you take. Once I know what the person looks like , I d never swapped numbers with a guy. Arrange to meet and if he turns up he turns up. Been stood up a few times but that's part of the chance you take. "

Being stood up is part of the fun. It happens for various reasons. Dry the tears and carry on

"Arrangement been made but wouldn't provide something other than here, dont worry men are sceptical too

That's the chance you take. Once I know what the person looks like , I d never swapped numbers with a guy. Arrange to meet and if he turns up he turns up. Been stood up a few times but that's part of the chance you take.

Being stood up is part of the fun. It happens for various reasons. Dry the tears and carry on "

Just shows that men are cowards lol. Sat for an hour for one guy. Never turned up , at least have manners and text to say you have changed your mind. We all have busy lives etc.

I would send a live pic on kik, but going as far as picture with today's newspaper... Are you planning to k....p me and send it to my family ??????

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"If someone asked me to take a pic with todays paper etc Id tell them to run on.

I guess its down to your own instinct"

Thats like you've been abducted and someone wants proof you're alive before they hand over the ransom

By *owdyboy 890Man  over a year ago

Tralee

Ask for her bank statement she'll surely show it

"I would send a live pic on kik, but going as far as picture with today's newspaper... Are you planning to k....p me and send it to my family ??????

"

Who buys newspapers anymore

By *arren the doggerMan  over a year ago

willenhall

I wouldn't worry too much .....she probably won't show up anyway!!. Lots of time wasters on here.

We don't do anything like that, if people don't like it, they don't have to meet us, simples.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Being stood up is part of the fun. It happens for various reasons. Dry the tears and carry on

Just shows that men are cowards lol. Sat for an hour for one guy. Never turned up , at least have manners and text to say you have changed your mind. We all have busy lives etc. "

That's a broad generalisation painting all guys with the same brush I am shocked

That's like me saying i once arranged a meet with a woman in Tuam and when i got there she asked me to pay for sex all women are prostitutes

Just shows that men are cowards lol. Sat for an hour for one guy. Never turned up , at least have manners and text to say you have changed your mind. We all have busy lives etc.

That's a broad generalisation painting all guys with the same brush I am shocked

That's like me saying i once arranged a meet with a woman in Tuam and when i got there she asked me to pay for sex all women are prostitutes "

Maybe but than I've been stood up 8 times lol

"broad generalisation painting all guys with the same brush I am shocked "

Cause this never happens on fab,

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

That's like me saying i once arranged a meet with a woman in Tuam and when i got there she asked me to pay for sex all women are prostitutes

Maybe but than I've been stood up 8 times lol "

I have only being asked once maybe she spread a rumour about how tight a git I am and they just don't ask now

And no i didn't pay I stood the loss of the hotel room and missed out on a party plus diesel and my time

somewhere

Maybe but than I've been stood up 8 times lol "

You posted that before and I'm totally amazed by it.

In my naivety I assumed it would be men that are the ones that get stood up and not women

Maybe old fashioned but i always assume that I'd show up and introduce myself at a social meet even if I didn't think we'd get on once we've seen each other

So we're never going to rock a bed any time soon but we acted like adults ,had a drink/coffee/lunch or whatever and said goodbye politly

Maybe but than I've been stood up 8 times lol

You posted that before and I'm totally amazed by it.

In my naivety I assumed it would be men that are the ones that get stood up and not women

Maybe old fashioned but i always assume that I'd show up and introduce myself at a social meet even if I didn't think we'd get on once we've seen each other

So we're never going to rock a bed any time soon but we acted like adults ,had a drink/coffee/lunch or whatever and said goodbye politly "

Yep a coffee or drink and a chat like two adults imagine

Newtownabbey

"If someone asked me to take a pic with todays paper etc Id tell them to run on.

Thats like you've been abducted and someone wants proof you're alive before they hand over the ransom "

exactly

somewhere

Thats like you've been abducted and someone wants proof you're alive before they hand over the ransom exactly"

Foxy I'm sure I'm not the first person that thinks you look like Amy Adams in Enchanted

Newtownabbey

Thats like you've been abducted and someone wants proof you're alive before they hand over the ransom exactly

Foxy I'm sure I'm not the first person that thinks you look like Amy Adams in Enchanted "

Ah thank you kindly

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

I've been asked for live pic on kik, and ill send back. I sent mine. Nothing back but kept chatting away. Needless to say I think I was had. Seems to happen. Just forget about her/him/them/taliban(equal opportunist terror groups)/serial killer and move on

I've never asked for a pic. If I

feel the need to ask for a pic that's a red flag to me that I don't trust who they say they are and move on. If I'm asked for a pic, I feel the same and move on. Listen to your gut.

I let the lady or couple decide where they want to meet for a coffee and a chat and go from there. If we hit it off ,good. If not, no harm done, just enjoy the coffee and chat.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

It's only a coffee or a drink......I'd do it without a pic. If it's not what you are after it's only 30 minutes and your gone

You need something. A few Kik messages. Cam for a little even. You can show up on "her" doorstep and to be told "who in the hell are you?"

I got cat fished on POF about a year ago. Talking to a good looking lady. Chats seemed normal. Back and fourth getting to know each other. We brought the conversation to WhatsApp where the actual woman said her ex bf is doing that. Then asked me for the POF username.

Bad enough happening on whatspp. Imagine knocking on someone's door for a meet.

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

"It's only a coffee or a drink......I'd do it without a pic. If it's not what you are after it's only 30 minutes and your gone "

My first coffee meet

Best risk ever

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Nah dont do blind socials...

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

Nope, I wouldn't. The messers seem to disappear rather quickly when you move to kik and try to swap real time pics.

"It's only a coffee or a drink......I'd do it without a pic. If it's not what you are after it's only 30 minutes and your gone "

Exactly, christ, people create such drama over it

No way

» Add a new message to this topic