FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Travel in ireland

Travel in ireland

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andyman.snr OP   Man  over a year ago

leixlip

How do people feel , in the current climate, of people from Dublin arriving in their local town ?

Just curious as I'm sure the rest of the country sees Dublin as an epicentre of infection.

As always asking for a friend

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I got a message other night guy from Midlands was in Donegal for the weekend, plenty seem to be travelling the last few weeks, think best thing to do is mind ourselves, limit visit to shops etc .

After 29th we can travel anywhere within the country but best to avoid crowded situations until we see how the virus threats goes away over the next while.Nothing against Dublin people as long as we all look out for each other as we emerge from isolation lockdown.

By *ubcpl05Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

Parts of the country a lot worse than Dublin per capita

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Parts of the country a lot worse than Dublin per capita "

Only Cavan is worse per capita, and only slightly worse.

Well now, I say only slightly worse but not only has it more covid cases per head of population but its Cavan as well.

On holidays in Mayo for this week (our first time off since last September and no day off since Christmas) so we’re enjoying it. Sightseeing and trips to the beach. Keeping social distancing when doing necessary shopping. It’s one of our staycations this year and our bit to help the economy. I think everyone needs to be vigilant and cautious but get out and enjoy.

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

Ah, people just need to be careful. No difference a healthy dub coming down the county

From Mayo here, nobody minds it as long as social distancing is adhered to. At the beginning of the lockdown though, in late March, one of the weekends Westport was full of Dublin holiday makers, majority of whom did no social distancing, didn't go down well with the locals??

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Did 2 trips already breaking the 20km rule. It felt great and I didn't hurt anybody.

From 29th June you can travel anywhere you like in Ireland so I'm sure pepole will be fine. It was during the peak when people were travelling illegally to holiday homes that pissed people off. I have to travel for work neXT week, from dundalk to mullingar, then neXT day from mullingar to Cork. ..hotels open from Monday 29th too so travel is ok, as long as maintain social distancing as much as possible and keep washing hands...

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I've been travelling all over the country during the shutdown

Some Hotels stayed open for essential workers

During the first trip away the restaurant in the hotel was closed and we all chipper for 2 nights

Leo's speech seems like something that happened last year at this stage

By *exydoctorsCouple  over a year ago

Galway/Clare

Good to see this, we are heading down wesht on Friday probably (oooh that's tomorrow now), a few days early, and we're hoping it won't piss the neighbours off!

Keep observing social distance and washing your hands properly, don't touch your face with unwashed hands, and it probably won't make a blind bit of difference who comes to your local town.

We are all responsible for our own actions.

"Keep observing social distance and washing your hands properly, don't touch your face with unwashed hands, and it probably won't make a blind bit of difference who comes to your local town.

We are all responsible for our own actions."

Absolutely agree 100%

» Add a new message to this topic