FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Keeping it real

Keeping it real

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This post is mostly directed to men.

Do you use Instagram?

Everybody is so fucking perfect on it these days and any days to be honest, while in reality it takes a lot of shots to get the perfect, attractive angle.

Would you like to see a real life photo beside the "perfect pose"?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be nice to see the real life pic but Insta is like the Sunday clothes haha picture perfect

By *urious g300Man  over a year ago

Galway

Real life picture, natural facial expression is better than pose, a picture better than a thousand words (natural is better description)

By *ours2019Man  over a year ago

Cork

"Real life picture, natural facial expression is better than pose, a picture better than a thousand words (natural is better description) "

I totally agree with this. I hate this photoshopping crap. If a girl has a slightly wider waist or her tummy isn't flat or a bit of cellulite on her ass and thighs, I think that is so much sexier. Natural is better

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

People photoshop their pics ??

So thats why my pics don't get that many fans... go figure

Keep it real

One thing I’ve found with instagram is I don’t recognise the girls when seen in real life.....

By *ummer_XOWoman  over a year ago

Tyrone

reality as much as possible. The insta versus reality posts are quite good. I do not like photoshop but I am a fan of a filter or 2 I enjoy changing the colours etc.

But reality as much as possible! :D

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

I have insta and i follow a lot of makeup artists and makeup companies. I wish that they would show the unedited photos. many have been facetuned and photoshopped to oblivion. and then theres the fitness pages

"I have insta and i follow a lot of makeup artists and makeup companies. I wish that they would show the unedited photos. many have been facetuned and photoshopped to oblivion. and then theres the fitness pages "

Same. I have u followed a lot in the last few months. In a qualified makeup artist and never used Photoshop or filters on my pics. The amount that use them is mental and unrealistic to a client.

Kaizer always keeps it real

Waterford

"I have insta and i follow a lot of makeup artists and makeup companies. I wish that they would show the unedited photos. many have been facetuned and photoshopped to oblivion. and then theres the fitness pages

Same. I have u followed a lot in the last few months. In a qualified makeup artist and never used Photoshop or filters on my pics. The amount that use them is mental and unrealistic to a client. "

Yes and i think its sends out the wrong message to younger girls that if their skin isnt perfect etc etc then theres something wrong with them. Put up the facetuned pic by all means but put up the unedited one beside it but wrinkles and textured skin dont sell or make for good advertising. and yep like you ive unfollowed a few as well. I mainly go for smaller muas now and while they do facetune its more for the tutorials i follow them for.

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

I use Instagram solely to upload music and vids of me playing.

It's just me, as I am, in front of a camera with an instrument (music instrument just to be clear)

But the whole Instagram 'model' thing turns me right off though.

Good luck to them and all but I just couldn't be dealing with someone like that

By *heekyChap93Man  over a year ago

I don't use it, why go on it to see everyone else's 'perfect' bodies and lives and see whatever other shite is up on it

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've never had a pic of me on Instagram. I use it sparingly for pics of places I've visited.

When posting pics on here I've used B/w filters or adjusted lighting but not a day goes by where I don't see heavily filtered or photoshopped pics on profiles or hotpics.

These are usually from the same people every day but I'm sure they won't miss my fab.

I've no interest in chatting to a cartoon.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

There's so many women on here using filters and photoshop I presume

Each to their own but I wonder do they realise that by trying to look different they look the same as the women that use the same filters

There's at least 3 well verified women on here that could be triplets

(Just thought maybe they are )

I can never ever do a perfect pose

If I'm left there for ages I'll freeze up.

Ill not loose any sleep over it tho...

Waterford

"There's so many women on here using filters and photoshop I presume

Each to their own but I wonder do they realise that by trying to look different they look the same as the women that use the same filters

(Just thought maybe they are ) "

It's like when you're on a night out and all the women look the same. Same clothes, same hair and makeup, same shoes.

Just once I'd like to see a woman in a Slayer t-shirt and a pair of jeans ya know? Stand out like.

Oh wait, I'm starting to understand now what it's like to be a woman on here

Waterford

It's like when you're on a night out and all the women look the same. Same clothes, same hair and makeup, same shoes.

Just once I'd like to see a woman in a Slayer t-shirt and a pair of jeans ya know? Stand out like.

Oh wait, I'm starting to understand now what it's like to be a woman on here "

Waterford

"

It's like my Eureka moment

Waterford

It's like my Eureka moment "

is it like when you put the wispa gold in the hot chocolate and went "lightbulb moment" this is how it should be

Waterford

is it like when you put the wispa gold in the hot chocolate and went "lightbulb moment" this is how it should be "

Exactly. It's like, "How have I not thought of this before? It makes so much sense"

Waterford

is it like when you put the wispa gold in the hot chocolate and went "lightbulb moment" this is how it should be

Exactly. It's like, "How have I not thought of this before? It makes so much sense""

there ya go. I have to stop talking about food. im starving and this isnt helpng lol

By *etite_RosyWoman  over a year ago

Now in MALAGA (SPAIN)

"People photoshop their pics ??

So thats why my pics don't get that many fans... go figure "

It is not only photoshop.

Some people have talent and know how to play with light and shadow.

I am the owner of hundreds of photos made by my husband without any filters or corrections.

He won a few competitions for amator photographers.

We never used Insta to publish them

Maybe we should?

Waterford

"People photoshop their pics ??

So thats why my pics don't get that many fans... go figure

It is not only photoshop.

Some people have talent and know how to play with light and shadow.

I am the owner of hundreds of photos made by my husband without any filters or corrections.

He won a few competitions for amator photographers.

We never used Insta to publish them

Maybe we should? "

I dont think you could ever have a bad pic rosy x

I think it's best to avoid it... On balance I don't think there's a positive side to using it... But each to their own... I find it irritating, almost but not quite as irritating as people talking about themselves in the third person on here...

My analysis of what part of peoples personality that like to portray themselves on Social media.

Instagram - Perfect version of you

Facebook - Everyday version of you

Snapchat - Fun version

Linkdin - Proffesional

Twitter - Profound / Intelect

Fab - Sexualality

Reddit - Fucked up side that must be kept anonymous at all costs.

TicTik - I'm still not sure wtf that is.

Waterford

"Reddit - Fucked up side that must be kept anonymous at all costs."

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

"This post is mostly directed to men.

Do you use Instagram?

Everybody is so fucking perfect on it these days and any days to be honest, while in reality it takes a lot of shots to get the perfect, attractive angle.

"

I only use snap, Kik and fb outside here I see plenty of birds outside so don't use twitter and uses the bus or car so I don't need zoom there are plenty of clocks in my house that tick tocks so I'm good with 3 I mentioned

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Do you use Instagram?

"

Yip I use instagram.....

Nothings perfect...

I always say...what if Instagram went down in the morning....thered be a lot less models...and even less onlyfans pages

Do you use Instagram?

"

I do love Instagram but I see this regularly! Most of my posts is probably landmarks or just me absolutely twisted but some people you can just see the fake all over it.. I personally like to see someone who's not absolutely dolled up to the nines in a post saying "Just in the gym" or some stupid shite like that.

By *olourpurpleMan  over a year ago

Waterford

I don’t have one. I’ve never been into photographing my life to show off to others.

Oh wait, I'm starting to understand now what it's like to be a woman on here "

I've been known to wear jeans and guns n roses t-shirt. Iron maiden t-shirt too on a Night out

tipperary

"I don’t have one. I’ve never been into photographing my life to show off to others."

Its not even that...its a case of I'm perfect and so is every aspect of my life...

tipperary

I've been known to wear jeans and guns n roses t-shirt. Iron maiden t-shirt too on a Night out "

Are you a fan?or dya just like the tshirt

I've been known to wear jeans and guns n roses t-shirt. Iron maiden t-shirt too on a Night out

Are you a fan?or dya just like the tshirt"

Huge fan a rock chick at heart and was wearing the tshirts long before they were cool. And tbh honest when I go out at night I don't bother with dresses etc I wear what I'm comfortable in for me.

tipperary

Are you a fan?or dya just like the tshirt

Huge fan a rock chick at heart and was wearing the tshirts long before they were cool. And tbh honest when I go out at night I don't bother with dresses etc I wear what I'm comfortable in for me. "

I only bought 3 more tshirts recently...and def people should wear what they are comfortable in.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I went out to a bar in my pjs once.... Not intentionally, but it didn't stop me from going out and having fun with my friends.

Back to the forum topic - I wasn't talking as much about filters, but about the lengths people go to just to get that perfect shot from spending hours doing make up, hair, picking the right clothes, taking hundreds of shots just to get that perfect one.

I know how it goes, I do it on fab too for a boost of confidence, but then you look in a mirror and you know you're not that perfect lol

somewhere

"I went out to a bar in my pjs once.... Not intentionally, but it didn't stop me from going out and having fun with my friends.

Back to the forum topic - I wasn't talking as much about filters, but about the lengths people go to just to get that perfect shot from spending hours doing make up, hair, picking the right clothes, taking hundreds of shots just to get that perfect one.

I know how it goes, I do it on fab too for a boost of confidence, but then you look in a mirror and you know you're not that perfect lol "

If you're looking in a mirror and you think you're not perfect...throw out the mirror..its obviously broken

done with insta

it's only for people from the gym to show off their bums

fab it better for that

Waterford

I've been known to wear jeans and guns n roses t-shirt. Iron maiden t-shirt too on a Night out "

Iron Maiden t-shirts are acceptable too

Iron Maiden t-shirts are acceptable too "

What about Def Leppard

somewhere

What about Def Leppard "

Or Guns and Roses in honour of the fact that they were meant to be playing here on Saturday night

What about Def Leppard

Or Guns and Roses in honour of the fact that they were meant to be playing here on Saturday night "

Can't find that t-shirt may need a new one

Waterford

What about Def Leppard "

Hell to the muthaphukin' N O

I draw a line with Wuss Rock bands

What about Def Leppard

I draw a line with Wuss Rock bands "

Met joe Elliott once mmmmm

Waterford

What about Def Leppard

Met joe Elliott once mmmmm "

Well maybe Joe can take you out in your Def Leppard t-shirt

What about Def Leppard

Well maybe Joe can take you out in your Def Leppard t-shirt "

A gal can dream. Actually probably more chance of that happening than meeting anyone here

Waterford

What about Def Leppard

Well maybe Joe can take you out in your Def Leppard t-shirt

A gal can dream. Actually probably more chance of that happening than meeting anyone here "

Real life every time. Filtered shit just isn't a true representation of anything or anyone. My Instagram is just things i like, places I've visited, mostly man stuff, cars, bikes, projects I've been working on. I'm Not one of those posers looking for attention. Not slating anyone. It's just not what i use social media for.

By *ohndunboyneMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne & Dublin

Used Instagram recently for first time.

Only because it was where Glen Hansard was live streaming.

Glen was brilliant but I wish they could have turned the camera so it came up properly on widescreen TV

Other than that, I ignore it.

If I wanted to get a Daily Mail type news report, I would but, I have more respect for myself

By *eepimpactMan  over a year ago

Dublin

You have to feel sorry for those Insta boyfriends/girlfriends that are dragged around to take endless pics until they get that one shot that can be photoshopped to hell and back!!

By *irtypair00Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

Do you use Instagram?

"

Nope don't use it and hardly on face book either . To many people trying to live there fake lives online

Mr dirty xx

Waterford

"You have to feel sorry for those Insta boyfriends/girlfriends that are dragged around to take endless pics until they get that one shot that can be photoshopped to hell and back!!"

Did you see the video of the wan in America holding the drill pretending to be helping with the clean up after the riots?

She got her boyfriend/friend to take a picture of her, then handed the drill back and got into her Merc and drove off.

Some people are just living in dreamland.

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

I was in a bar in Taiwan last year and a young couple came in. She spent the whole time walking around striking poses and the boyfriend followed taking photos.

Now each to their own and all but I just don’t get it.

By *uniorendowedMan  over a year ago

London Derbyshire

"I was in a bar in Taiwan last year and a young couple came in. She spent the whole time walking around striking poses and the boyfriend followed taking photos.

Now each to their own and all but I just don’t get it. "

The generation you’re in most likely influences why you don’t get it

By *oxtrotTangoLoveMan  over a year ago

monkstown/kentstown

Do you use Instagram?

"

Never mind the fake photos on Instagram, the picture perfect is that beautiful shot of you back side!

Waterford

"I was in a bar in Taiwan last year and a young couple came in. She spent the whole time walking around striking poses and the boyfriend followed taking photos.

Now each to their own and all but I just don’t get it. "

I love the photos where they caption something like 'great day at the beach' and it's literally a picture of her legs but you can just about make out a bit of beach in the background.

You're kidding no one girl, you're fishing for attention

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Now each to their own and all but I just don’t get it.

The generation you’re in most likely influences why you don’t get it "

And to that I say thank god I don’t get it.

» Add a new message to this topic