FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How to get back on the horse

How to get back on the horse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lassy lady 216 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

How do you get back on the horse after you have been let down have had 2 no shows in the last 4 days they were only coffee meets so maybe that was the problem maybe they thought because they werw getting nothing out of it why turn up how do you know who to trust i know there are so really decent guys on here and thry arent being given a chance because of all the fakes and timewasters letting women down its not fair

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

"How do you get back on the horse after you have been let down have had 2 no shows in the last 4 days they were only coffee meets so maybe that was the problem maybe they thought because they werw getting nothing out of it why turn up how do you know who to trust i know there are so really decent guys on here and thry arent being given a chance because of all the fakes and timewasters letting women down its not fair "
keep going it’s the only way block whoever let you down it’s so uncalled for not to show up

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've given up. But interested to see what suggestions you get

Craigavon

Think im going to give up to mrs its not worth the hassle sick of giving people chances and being let down im nobodys mug

By *andydevineMan  over a year ago

sligo

Don't make a decision based on emotion. Wait a day an see how you feel. Try not to react but instead process it. Tomorrow it will look different.

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

Easy....just get your leg over

Keep the faith there are some lovely genuine peeps out there

Craigavon

Thats what i was hoping to do this afternoon lbut he didnt turn up lol

"Thats what i was hoping to do this afternoon lbut he didnt turn up lol"

His loss

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Did you report these profiles? Admin can and do take action over noshows.

Arr these profiles well verified?

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"Don't make a decision based on emotion. Wait a day an see how you feel. Try not to react but instead process it. Tomorrow it will look different. "
have to agree with this OP . You got very unlucky and a no show is disrespectful at any point. Just think it over.

Craigavon

I know there are some lovely guys out there but how can you trust them when you have been let down so much

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

same. cant be arsed any more. Wondering is it even worth it at this point.

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Meath/Dublin/Birmingham

Last time I had a meet up arranged was over a year ago at this stage and it fell through :/

My last 3 have all cancelled late on, it's disheartening and I can completely see where you're coming from

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Dont give up OP.

Dont let the bad apples keep you from having a good time.

The right apples haven't crossed your path yet.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It happens to us all and it's not just men who are guilty.

I've had someone arrange a meet and then conveniently forget all about it the day before which proves the importance of good communication. If I hadn't messaged to confirm the meet I would have been stood up.

She had obviously got a better offer.

"Dont give up OP.

Dont let the bad apples keep you from having a good time.

The right apples haven't crossed your path yet.

"

Totally agree.

By *unnitoesWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"How do you get back on the horse after you have been let down have had 2 no shows in the last 4 days they were only coffee meets so maybe that was the problem maybe they thought because they werw getting nothing out of it why turn up how do you know who to trust i know there are so really decent guys on here and thry arent being given a chance because of all the fakes and timewasters letting women down its not fair "

Perhaps you should have offered to rim them

Belfast

And without taking away from the fact that op was stood up there are a lot of inconsistencies here. It was only a coffee meet and it was assumed the guy didn't turn up because he expected more.

So how did op hope to get her leg over if that was true as was claimed in a subsequent comment?

Belfast

"And without taking away from the fact that op was stood up there are a lot of inconsistencies here. It was only a coffee meet and it was assumed the guy didn't turn up because he expected more.

So how did op hope to get her leg over if that was true as was claimed in a subsequent comment?"

Over the horse?? Stirrups?

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

We're they verified?

Did they confirm on the day?

Had you spoken for long?

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

Fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again, can be quite frustrating but sometimes things work against us all.

Please don't let it worry you or take it personally, keep your spirits up.

By *andydevineMan  over a year ago

sligo

Winners never quit and quite never win. Head up, your one step closer to a really good meet. It's all for the greater good. Believe.

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

"And without taking away from the fact that op was stood up there are a lot of inconsistencies here. It was only a coffee meet and it was assumed the guy didn't turn up because he expected more.

So how did op hope to get her leg over if that was true as was claimed in a subsequent comment?"

Ohhh interesting !

I guess it's there loss! There's plenty of guys out there that are probably willing to do this even if its just a coffee. Never give up time wasters will slowly cought out!

By *hoenix-risingMan  over a year ago

Co.Down

Good point Sir ! the words attention seeker ,drama queen spring to mind

Newtownabbey

Choose better next time or at the very least the way you communicate with potential meets. If its getting you down then take a break. You've had this problem before on a thread.. What did you do then?

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Hey if they don't like how you run things here then that's their loss not yours don't change things just to suit them I find a social helps build that connection tbh honest if the guy is simply there just to get a leg up and nothing else is probably not worth your time there trust me there is decent guys here that will treat you with respect including myself of course good things do come to those who wait x

Newtownabbey

Op has already replied she had hoped to "get her leg over"

East / North, Cork

We've had probably several hundred meets over the years between us.. and in all that time only 1 no-show.

Look for well verified people only.

Trust your gut.

Don't travel a long way or accept anyone else travelling far.

Have plenty of communication beforehand incl on the day.

Always have a zero expectation coffee meet.

Maybe if the coffee meet went well she'd get the leg over. wouldn't be the first time that anyone got there hopes up of the coffee meet went well that there would be fun.

It now seems we picking holes in verified profiles on the forum, maybe her reply was a flippant comment to another poster. I'm sure plenty here go for coffee expecting to get the leg over.

Newtownabbey

Of course they do but don't whinge and whine when it doesn't happen. It's the same repetitive posts from the same users. I'm flummoxed how many no shows one can have before they would stop to think that there is something they are/aren't doing.

[Removed by poster at 29/06/20 21:28:31]

"Of course they do but don't whinge and whine when it doesn't happen. It's the same repetitive posts from the same users. I'm flummoxed how many no shows one can have before they would stop to think that there is something they are/aren't doing. "

I have had 8 no shows in my time on fab, had one guy turn up and literally look me up and down say "no thanks you're not for me" and turn on his heel and walk straight back out of coffee shop. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

Newtownabbey

Only you know

"Only you know"

I don't, hence why I've stopped meeting and updated my profile but maybe you can point out my mistakes.

Newtownabbey

Sometimes it happens yes of course and it's horrible but it's part and parcel of being online.

Things get you down like that online...leave..nothings worth that.

A week ago OP was complaining about people arranging meets....now shes had 2 arranged this week... If it was me and I had the problems she's seemed to have on here I'd be packing it in

"Of course they do but don't whinge and whine when it doesn't happen. It's the same repetitive posts from the same users. I'm flummoxed how many no shows one can have before they would stop to think that there is something they are/aren't doing.

I have had 8 no shows in my time on fab, had one guy turn up and literally look me up and down say "no thanks you're not for me" and turn on his heel and walk straight back out of coffee shop. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?"

That's bad form on his behalf.. Its like a date of it goes well even better but at least have the decency and stick it out.. You could always say afterwards " it was nice meeting you but I don't think you are what I'm looking for" or whatever!

"Of course they do but don't whinge and whine when it doesn't happen. It's the same repetitive posts from the same users. I'm flummoxed how many no shows one can have before they would stop to think that there is something they are/aren't doing.

I have had 8 no shows in my time on fab, had one guy turn up and literally look me up and down say "no thanks you're not for me" and turn on his heel and walk straight back out of coffee shop. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?

That's bad form on his behalf.. Its like a date of it goes well even better but at least have the decency and stick it out.. You could always say afterwards " it was nice meeting you but I don't think you are what I'm looking for" or whatever! "

He was an unverified guy that I gave a chance. He was well aware of what I looked like, I'm pretty clear on my profile I'm not a small girl, my photos are up-to-date. I've met guys for coffee and been no attraction but i have sat had a coffee and chat. It's called manners.

"We've had probably several hundred meets over the years between us.. and in all that time only 1 no-show.

Trust your gut.

"

WOW !!! .. Several hundreds ..jeez... that's just fantastic ..huge Salute there

"Sometimes it happens yes of course and it's horrible but it's part and parcel of being online.

Things get you down like that online...leave..nothings worth that.

A week ago OP was complaining about people arranging meets....now shes had 2 arranged this week... If it was me and I had the problems she's seemed to have on here I'd be packing it in"

why ???

East / North, Cork

"We've had probably several hundred meets over the years between us.. and in all that time only 1 no-show.

Trust your gut.

WOW !!! .. Several hundreds ..jeez... that's just fantastic ..huge Salute there "

Mostly socials to be honest , but at least they turned up.

Meath/Dublin/Birmingham

I'm after ordering a horse costume online OP, soon as it arrives I'll get in touch to meet for a cuppa

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

OP hello again...

Look you're not the first and you're not the last to have no shows on fab or other sites for that matter. It goes with the terrority of being on sites like this.

You basically have 2 choices

1. Realise this may not be for you and leave or

2. Have a winge and let your frustration s out and get back in that saddle and go again.

Though next time be more selective in your choice.

Also why not arrange to meet more than one guy for coffee at the same time. The more you invite the better the odds at least one will turn up.

Now should god forbid if more than one turns up , apart from the venue being grateful for the extra custom, you'd be in the driving seat and you could hold an apprentice style interview.

On the other hand say if 6 guys all agreed to meet and no bugger turned up then it might be time to reevaluate being on here and take a look in the mirror.

Perseverance is the key

X

By *laveishMan  over a year ago

kildare

"OP hello again...

Look you're not the first and you're not the last to have no shows on fab or other sites for that matter. It goes with the terrority of being on sites like this.

You basically have 2 choices

1. Realise this may not be for you and leave or

2. Have a winge and let your frustration s out and get back in that saddle and go again.

Though next time be more selective in your choice.

Also why not arrange to meet more than one guy for coffee at the same time. The more you invite the better the odds at least one will turn up.

Now should god forbid if more than one turns up , apart from the venue being grateful for the extra custom, you'd be in the driving seat and you could hold an apprentice style interview.

On the other hand say if 6 guys all agreed to meet and no bugger turned up then it might be time to reevaluate being on here and take a look in the mirror.

Perseverance is the key

This is a great idea. Get 6 guys to turn up. Sure we are only meat !!!!!

X"

"Thats what i was hoping to do this afternoon lbut he didnt turn up lol"

I thought you said they were just coffee meets?

How to get back on the horse?? 2 no shows on a swingers site. There are bigger things to worry about these days.

wrexham

Third option

Take a break for a few days away from fab..

Come back refreshed

That's bad form on his behalf.. Its like a date of it goes well even better but at least have the decency and stick it out.. You could always say afterwards " it was nice meeting you but I don't think you are what I'm looking for" or whatever!

He was an unverified guy that I gave a chance. He was well aware of what I looked like, I'm pretty clear on my profile I'm not a small girl, my photos are up-to-date. I've met guys for coffee and been no attraction but i have sat had a coffee and chat. It's called manners. "

Big time and manners gets your further in my opinion!

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

It happens and you move on and next time hopefully will be better.

We have all been let down at some stage. Their loss..

Take a few days and come back stronger

Craigavon

Yes i did report both of them and as usually nothing done as both profiles are still here

wrexham

Miss classy lady

Time to draw a line and move on

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Perhaps re think your selection process.

Dont rush into meeting and get to know people before arranging to meet

By *Sparkie.Man  over a year ago

Ratoath

I'd start by unhiding your profile, let people see you and they'll take you seriously

Belfast

"I'd start by unhiding your profile, let people see you and they'll take you seriously "

The profile has been visible before the OP being wounded....

Ratoath

[Removed by poster at 30/06/20 00:30:24]

Ratoath

"I'd start by unhiding your profile, let people see you and they'll take you seriously

The profile has been visible before the OP being wounded...."

Surely the first step to getting back on the horse would be to unhide your profile?

By *eepimpactMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Did you forget that you recently gave out about people looking for meets during this pandemic?The impression i got from your complaints was that you would'nt even consider a coffee meet with someone after that??

Just don't see the point of you complaining of such a thing after condemning others for the same act.

Ratoath

Also the problem here is common sense, if a person is verified by a well verified profile, or several of them, it's highly unlikely it's fake, if its verifed by a profile that's not well verified then move on, simple!

The fakes are easily spotted, as are the time wasters and no shows.

Craigavon

I was complaining about people meeting when the restrictions were still in place the majority of restrictions are now lifted and we have been told to use or judgement with regards to meeting people

Belfast

"I'd start by unhiding your profile, let people see you and they'll take you seriously

The profile has been visible before the OP being wounded....

Surely the first step to getting back on the horse would be to unhide your profile? "

Indeed it would be but we'd be assuming she wants back on the horse but it appears not

Meath/Dublin/Birmingham

Are we all going horse riding here or what's the story lads and lasses...

Belfast

"I was complaining about people meeting when the restrictions were still in place the majority of restrictions are now lifted and we have been told to use or judgement with regards to meeting people "

Has Fab admin told us that?

Belfast

"Are we all going horse riding here or what's the story lads and lasses..."

Seabiscuit....a great movie!

Take a deposit off lads. They don't turn up keep the money ??????

Craigavon

No fab admin havent told us that as you well know dont need fabs permission to meet someone for a coffee and before you jumo on the band wagon i was joking about getting my leg over but seems noone on here has a sense of humour

Meath/Dublin/Birmingham

I'll help you with the leg over part OP... dead serious, no horsing around

Belfast

"No fab admin havent told us that as you well know dont need fabs permission to meet someone for a coffee and before you jumo on the band wagon i was joking about getting my leg over but seems noone on here has a sense of humour "

Fab has banned all 'meeting in person' meets and labelled it 'breach of site rules'...as for your leg over comment it wasn't I on the bandwagon xx

"No fab admin havent told us that as you well know dont need fabs permission to meet someone for a coffee and before you jumo on the band wagon i was joking about getting my leg over but seems noone on here has a sense of humour

Fab has banned all 'meeting in person' meets and labelled it 'breach of site rules'...as for your leg over comment it wasn't I on the bandwagon xx"

Hasn't stopped people meeting. The meet option etc was removed but going by some statuses plenty people have been meeting during lockdown

Belfast

"No fab admin havent told us that as you well know dont need fabs permission to meet someone for a coffee and before you jumo on the band wagon i was joking about getting my leg over but seems noone on here has a sense of humour

Fab has banned all 'meeting in person' meets and labelled it 'breach of site rules'...as for your leg over comment it wasn't I on the bandwagon xx

Hasn't stopped people meeting. The meet option etc was removed but going by some statuses plenty people have been meeting during lockdown"

I know....but still Fab said it is a breach of site rules. People will be people but site rules are black and white xx

Hasn't stopped people meeting. The meet option etc was removed but going by some statuses plenty people have been meeting during lockdown

I know....but still Fab said it is a breach of site rules. People will be people but site rules are black and white xx"

Sure who follows rules on here lol

Craigavon

Very much so and its usually the ones that come on here tearing a person apart because she dared to try and meet someone for a coffee

Belfast

I know....but still Fab said it is a breach of site rules. People will be people but site rules are black and white xx

Sure who follows rules on here lol"

Lol true enough but atm I can't even display my past veries coz of the Fab rules! Plus you have had endless hassle even posting on the forums ....sure who knows!

Lol true enough but atm I can't even display my past veries coz of the Fab rules! Plus you have had endless hassle even posting on the forums ....sure who knows!"

Yep don't see why we shouldn't be able to display past veris. The dates on them show it's before lockdown

Belfast

"Very much so and its usually the ones that come on here tearing a person apart because she dared to try and meet someone for a coffee "

I wouldn't say anyone was tearing you apart, just folk giving you advice reference your question about how to recover from no shows xx

Belfast

Lol true enough but atm I can't even display my past veries coz of the Fab rules! Plus you have had endless hassle even posting on the forums ....sure who knows!

Yep don't see why we shouldn't be able to display past veris. The dates on them show it's before lockdown"

Bugbear grrr!!!

By *ub slave SaskiaTV/TS  over a year ago

From Dublin living in Amsterdam

It's their loss and people who carry on like that, I.E, make plans after chatting for while, arrange to meet and then nothing is just downright disrespectful and they are not worthy of your time nor should you stress about them.

With things improving with the easing of restrictions, you will get a lot more genuine responses from genuine people.

"I'd start by unhiding your profile, let people see you and they'll take you seriously "

Maybe the lady did send photos to the guy on another method ,just because she has no photo here doesn't mean she doesn't send them other ways to guys when chatting , l don't think anyone meets without first seeing a photo somewhere along the line .,l've sent messages to ladies with absolutely no photo at all on their profile ,got chatting then was sent photos through k i k...yes ,l see now the OP has hidden her profile atm but it wasnt hidden up to yesterday.

Take no notice this will happen there loss report and block theres so many other genuine guys on this that would love a coffee date and hopefully it will lead to more

Newtownabbey

Keep it on the forum OP no need to be mailing me. You got plenty of advice from lots of people. What you do with it is your choice

By *londy84Man  over a year ago

Carrickmacross

It's been ages since I have been riding a horse.

But it's the same like riding a bike.

If you fall off you just get back on to the saddle

Someone not turning up for a social meet is to be thankful for.

Craigavon

I am very thankful now because i have since realised what a nasty selfish idiot he is

You can either put your left foot in the near side stirrup hole onto the main, bounce then swing your right leg the saddle or put both hand on the wither and jump up from the ground in one go and swing leg over, that’s how I normally do it

Meath/Dublin/Birmingham

Think it's time for everyone to stop the horse posts now, and let OP get over this 'mare

By *heekyChap93Man  over a year ago

I'd be more than happy to give you the leg back up

It's not fair arranging a meet and the other person not show up, I haven't had a chance to meet any of you lovely fabbers yet with the lockdown, hopefully now I can grab those reins and ride on into the night very soon hah

By *hoenix-risingMan  over a year ago

Co.Down

"You can either put your left foot in the near side stirrup hole onto the main, bounce then swing your right leg the saddle or put both hand on the wither and jump up from the ground in one go and swing leg over, that’s how I normally do it "

Don't take the piss out of her,she may start another tedious thread moaning about that,or PM you her disgust..

Newtownabbey

"I am very thankful now because i have since realised what a nasty selfish idiot he is "
which one.. Both of them?

wrexham

Reading this thread has become similar to flogging a dead horse.

Its history move on

Newtownabbey

Neigh

I have had 8 no shows in my time on fab, had one guy turn up and literally look me up and down say "no thanks you're not for me" and turn on his heel and walk straight back out of coffee shop. Wonder what I'm doing wrong?"

Someone did what? That’s as low as anyone can go sorry to hear about that. I’m sure you just got chatting and arranged a coffee meet with a complete dickhead.

Belfast

"Neigh

"

That made me shake my mane

Newtownabbey

"Neigh

That made me shake my mane "

It's happened me a few times as well, been let down, last minute cancellation, no shows........... some genuine, some not so genuine. Just have to side steps the tyre kickers as I've heard them being called & block the no shows

The problem could quite possibly be, that they’re not the wild stallions you were led to believe from their profiles and communications with them. It is extremely easy to open a profile on FAB and make yourself out to be whatever you want, talk, dark, handsome, hung, genuine, reliable, friendly, discrete etc, etc, etc and who is to know the truth?

I’m going to be a little hypocritical as I haven’t done it but, in my humble opinion, there should be a compulsory joining fee coupled with a valid email Verification on registration. I know, from personal experience, that I’d I pay for something, should it even be a few pounds, then I will look after it and take care of it.

It might not completely stamp out the OP’s issues but it will certainly filter out some of the fakes.

west

I'm not a big fan of hidden profiles like I'm sure people have their reasons for doing so and probably helps filter out unwanted messages just would help to see who I'm chatting to or am I wrong

"I'm not a big fan of hidden profiles like I'm sure people have their reasons for doing so and probably helps filter out unwanted messages just would help to see who I'm chatting to or am I wrong"

People hide their profiles for lots of reasons, I have hidden mine at times, sometimes it's just easier to hide it. I have on my profile I'm not meeting. Removed my bio and yet I'm still getting want to meet messages. Just cause a profile hidden doesn't mean it's fake

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

I rarely get down from on the high horse, the air is fresher up here and it cuts down on the hassle to get back up again.

On a serious note always analyse the data available before you put your bets on a horse, selection is key.

Shame ur let down... when some are only mad to meet for a hello n coffee chat

By *ysteryman2009Man  over a year ago

Ireland

For every idiot out there, there are always good people. Don't despair, if its meant for you it won't pass you bye. Sorry to hear you were let down, that is not on, it shows a complete lack of manners and ignorance on their part.

Don't give up and let a few idiots spoil your fun.

Craigavon

I am anything but fake as anyone on my verifications would tell i have been on and off here for over 4yrs am well verified and liked by many and have been known to throw many a good party i hide my profile because im sick of all the negative comments and nastiness that is on here it used to be a great site but has really gone to the dogs we are all here looking for the same thing so why not try and get on and help each other there are too many decent genuine guys not being given a chance by certain people because they arw so far up their own asses and think theg are above everyone else just remember we were all knew once and someone had to take a chance on us people need to cop on and realiss the effect their negative commenrs can have one people wasnt 6 months ago everyone was sayinv what a tragedy it was when caroline flack took her own life because so things that were said about her in the media and yes people are going to think im a drama queen and an attention seeker but i can assure you if you took your head out of your arse and got to know me you would see im really not im actually quite an shy person with a big heart

By *aterboy12Man  over a year ago

derry

You just haven’t met the right man yet xx

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

Genuinely don't understand people who make arrangements to meet and then stand people up. I appreciate that things turn up and mean you can't make it, but if you don't bother to message someone in advance and stand them down, then you're an arse.

"I am anything but fake as anyone on my verifications would tell i have been on and off here for over 4yrs am well verified and liked by many and have been known to throw many a good party i hide my profile because im sick of all the negative comments and nastiness that is on here it used to be a great site but has really gone to the dogs we are all here looking for the same thing so why not try and get on and help each other there are too many decent genuine guys not being given a chance by certain people because they arw so far up their own asses and think theg are above everyone else just remember we were all knew once and someone had to take a chance on us people need to cop on and realiss the effect their negative commenrs can have one people wasnt 6 months ago everyone was sayinv what a tragedy it was when caroline flack took her own life because so things that were said about her in the media and yes people are going to think im a drama queen and an attention seeker but i can assure you if you took your head out of your arse and got to know me you would see im really not im actually quite an shy person with a big heart "
. Not trying to be a white knight here. But you are right, too many people on here are quick to take the piss out of others. Who knows how people react to negative comments??. Rejection is common place on here and some can deal with it, others cant. Perhaps if we all tried to be a little less self centred,I know its a sex site, but that doesnt excuse peoples behaviour. OP you were probably very unlucky with those guys, or you may have had a lucky escape!!.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

There are plenty of good people on here. Yes there are asses and time wasters but just ignore block and move on. At the moment there are more stirrers but it is what it is.Calling names and acting like you are better than others definitely won't get you too far.

And no one owes anyone a chance just because they are new.People meet because they like the other person.

Some are just pure timewasters but there is usually signs that they wont show. If I get even the slightest inkling it is going to happen I cancel.But I find if you chat for a while you get a pretty good idea of how the other person is anyhow. That doesn't suit everyone and that's fine but so far touch wood I haven't been ghosted yet.

We were all new here at one point and we all had to learn how the site works best for ourselves.

Anyone that's new deserves a chance, I see everyone on the forum saying no verifications they're timewasters. Some might very well be but not all of us.

No one owes the likes of myself anything Bo but to right us off is ridiculous! So how is one supposed to know what to make of it all

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Anyone that's new deserves a chance, I see everyone on the forum saying no verifications they're timewasters. Some might very well be but not all of us.

No one owes the likes of myself anything Bo but to right us off is ridiculous! So how is one supposed to know what to make of it all "

Im not saying write ye off at all.I've met people who haven't been veried a few times. It all depends on how I get on with someone.It is why I chat to someone a while before we meet. What I am saying is just because someone is new does not mean they deserve special treatment as the op has hinted at in one of her posts on this thread. And not everyone says that either a few tho but like everything else people only hear what they want to hear at times. If people interact on here they usually end up getting meets. Also getting veried isn't going to open the floodgates to meets. It might matter to some but to to others like me it matters more what sort of a person you are.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"Anyone that's new deserves a chance, I see everyone on the forum saying no verifications they're timewasters. Some might very well be but not all of us.

No one owes the likes of myself anything Bo but to right us off is ridiculous! So how is one supposed to know what to make of it all

Im not saying write ye off at all.I've met people who haven't been veried a few times. It all depends on how I get on with someone.It is why I chat to someone a while before we meet. What I am saying is just because someone is new does not mean they deserve special treatment as the op has hinted at in one of her posts on this thread. And not everyone says that either a few tho but like everything else people only hear what they want to hear at times. If people interact on here they usually end up getting meets. Also getting veried isn't going to open the floodgates to meets. It might matter to some but to to others like me it matters more what sort of a person you are. "

Have to agree re veris. Not like anyone is going to display a bad one. And given that we have been let down by people who had verifications i lay very little by them now. I like chatting to people for a while and see where it leads and more often than not you can work the vibes out for yourself. Besides social verifications are one thing play ones are another.

Belfast

I asked a valid question above which has since been answered but I completely disagree with some of the nastiness which followed.

My issue was with the inconsistency within the thread and nothing to do with verifications or profiles so I wasn't picking apart anything.

I'm more than happy to stand over that green arrow and my history on the forums and I challenge anyone to find any "nasty" comments I've made to anyone.

We have all been through what the op has but in my case I've learned from my mistakes.

As I said in an earlier post I've arranged to meet someone who was always publicly complaining on the forums about others not turning up and she then did what she accused all those others of doing and "forgot" that we were meeting.

I've met a woman who told me before we'd even got to the coffee shop that she'd already got a better offer but had gone ahead with our coffee meet as it would be rude not to. Apparently the better offer was that someone was prepared to shag her without a social.

I've had a well verified couple taking part in a facepic Friday thread who refused to send me a pic in return because in their words, " They thought I would have been better looking" so I know what is like to be on the receiving end of that.

As for the stupid post above advising to arrange multiple meets at the same time to guarantee that someone would turn up, it says a lot about anyone who would even consider that.

I've been ghosted on the day of a social meet by a woman who eventually replied to say she was too busy with work to meet me.

She then posted two new veris the next day, one of which even mentioned the coffee shop we were due to meet in.

My point in all this is that if you've been on fab long enough and have been lucky enough to meet and be verified then you should know how it works and stop making the same mistakes over and over.

If you aren't prepared to learn from your mistakes and change how you approach potential meets then you have no reason to complain when it goes wrong yet again.

Newtownabbey

"I asked a valid question above which has since been answered but I completely disagree with some of the nastiness which followed.

My issue was with the inconsistency within the thread and nothing to do with verifications or profiles so I wasn't picking apart anything.

I'm more than happy to stand over that green arrow and my history on the forums and I challenge anyone to find any "nasty" comments I've made to anyone.

We have all been through what the op has but in my case I've learned from my mistakes.

As I said in an earlier post I've arranged to meet someone who was always publicly complaining on the forums about others not turning up and she then did what she accused all those others of doing and "forgot" that we were meeting.

I've met a woman who told me before we'd even got to the coffee shop that she'd already got a better offer but had gone ahead with our coffee meet as it would be rude not to. Apparently the better offer was that someone was prepared to shag her without a social.

I've had a well verified couple taking part in a facepic Friday thread who refused to send me a pic in return because in their words, " They thought I would have been better looking" so I know what is like to be on the receiving end of that.

As for the stupid post above advising to arrange multiple meets at the same time to guarantee that someone would turn up, it says a lot about anyone who would even consider that.

I've been ghosted on the day of a social meet by a woman who eventually replied to say she was too busy with work to meet me.

She then posted two new veris the next day, one of which even mentioned the coffee shop we were due to meet in.

My point in all this is that if you've been on fab long enough and have been lucky enough to meet and be verified then you should know how it works and stop making the same mistakes over and over.

If you aren't prepared to learn from your mistakes and change how you approach potential meets then you have no reason to complain when it goes wrong yet again. "

100 %

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I asked a valid question above which has since been answered but I completely disagree with some of the nastiness which followed.

If you aren't prepared to learn from your mistakes and change how you approach potential meets then you have no reason to complain when it goes wrong yet again. "

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

Is Shergar really dead thou

Im not saying write ye off at all.I've met people who haven't been veried a few times. It all depends on how I get on with someone.It is why I chat to someone a while before we meet. What I am saying is just because someone is new does not mean they deserve special treatment as the op has hinted at in one of her posts on this thread. And not everyone says that either a few tho but like everything else people only hear what they want to hear at times. If people interact on here they usually end up getting meets. Also getting veried isn't going to open the floodgates to meets. It might matter to some but to to others like me it matters more what sort of a person you are.

Have to agree re veris. Not like anyone is going to display a bad one. And given that we have been let down by people who had verifications i lay very little by them now. I like chatting to people for a while and see where it leads and more often than not you can work the vibes out for yourself. Besides social verifications are one thing play ones are another. "

Totally agree about the veris. Noone will display a bad one. When I see a Veri to say the guy turned up and mas mannerly I than make my own decision whether I want to meet as we all have different likes and dislikes.

For the few guys that are non verified stick with it. Hopefully with lockdown easier it will get easier to arrange even social meets. I know some regular forum ladies had held a social for unverified guys and it was successful.

I get where ya's are coming from folks, I don't think anyone owes anyone else anything on this site new verified whatever. Hopefully now as said above with lockdown easing and socials starting up soon the people who are serious and want to get verified will get their chance so onwards and upwards look forward to meeting some of you in person in the near future

I totally agree with you some of genuine guys find it hard to connect with like minded females because of the historical experiences females have had with unsuitable time wasters. It's a hazard and not a pleasant experience. I have empty for your frustration and perhaps there is a better way to meet like minded people for a bit of craic but am not sure how but open to ideas. Anyway hope to overcome frustration expressed and hope you find nicer guys for fun. After all we are human with needs. Take care

wrexham

It appears 175 posts is a threads capacity..

So just over 60 to go before it closes..

It's becoming tedious now

Time to rein it in

west

"I'm not a big fan of hidden profiles like I'm sure people have their reasons for doing so and probably helps filter out unwanted messages just would help to see who I'm chatting to or am I wrong

People hide their profiles for lots of reasons, I have hidden mine at times, sometimes it's just easier to hide it. I have on my profile I'm not meeting. Removed my bio and yet I'm still getting want to meet messages. Just cause a profile hidden doesn't mean it's fake"

No not at all but from my experience I normally receive out of nowhere abuse messages and I'm like wtf click their profile it's hidden then I hit the block button

west

"I am anything but fake as anyone on my verifications would tell i have been on and off here for over 4yrs am well verified and liked by many and have been known to throw many a good party i hide my profile because im sick of all the negative comments and nastiness that is on here it used to be a great site but has really gone to the dogs we are all here looking for the same thing so why not try and get on and help each other there are too many decent genuine guys not being given a chance by certain people because they arw so far up their own asses and think theg are above everyone else just remember we were all knew once and someone had to take a chance on us people need to cop on and realiss the effect their negative commenrs can have one people wasnt 6 months ago everyone was sayinv what a tragedy it was when caroline flack took her own life because so things that were said about her in the media and yes people are going to think im a drama queen and an attention seeker but i can assure you if you took your head out of your arse and got to know me you would see im really not im actually quite an shy person with a big heart "

I'd love to get to know you but since you have your filters set up and I respect your preferences

» Add a new message to this topic