FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Let that sink in

Let that sink in

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not trying to get too heavy or anything, but the country was put into lockdown to save lives, approx 1800 people died, and I say this with the deepest of respect and sympathy that most of the people who died were elderly who have lived their lives, Recently we have passed a law that has allowed the abortion of approx 10,000 children who never got a chance at life since this law was passed, I am not completely anti abortion it is justified in some cases, but something about this dosent sit right with me,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Then I'd suggest you don't get an abortion.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Then I'd suggest you don't get an abortion. "

Best answer I've seen to anything today

By *avana_oh_na_naWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"Not trying to get too heavy or anything, but the country was put into lockdown to save lives, approx 1800 people died, and I say this with the deepest of respect and sympathy that most of the people who died were elderly who have lived their lives, Recently we have passed a law that has allowed the abortion of approx 10,000 children who never got a chance at life since this law was passed, I am not completely anti abortion it is justified in some cases, but something about this dosent sit right with me,"

Luckily you don't have a uterus so its not for you to fret about

By *itKerryMaleMan  over a year ago

kerry

this

[Removed by poster at 05/07/20 23:45:44]

"Not trying to get too heavy or anything, but the country was put into lockdown to save lives, approx 1800 people died, and I say this with the deepest of respect and sympathy that most of the people who died were elderly who have lived their lives, Recently we have passed a law that has allowed the abortion of approx 10,000 children who never got a chance at life since this law was passed, I am not completely anti abortion it is justified in some cases, but something about this dosent sit right with me,

Luckily you don't have a uterus so its not for you to fret about"

"Not trying to get too heavy or anything, but the country was put into lockdown to save lives, approx 1800 people died, and I say this with the deepest of respect and sympathy that most of the people who died were elderly who have lived their lives, Recently we have passed a law that has allowed the abortion of approx 10,000 children who never got a chance at life since this law was passed, I am not completely anti abortion it is justified in some cases, but something about this dosent sit right with me,

Luckily you don't have a uterus so its not for you to fret about"

I don’t have a uterus but I do have a conscience

Dude you are getting into awful troubled waters there its really is a lady thing best not get involved

" I don’t have a uterus but I do have a conscience "

Are you implying that women who have abortions are sociopaths?

" I don’t have a uterus but I do have a conscience

Are you implying that women who have abortions are sociopaths? "

no

Dublin

Luckily you don't have a uterus so its not for you to fret about I don’t have a uterus but I do have a conscience "

How about you keep your conscious to yourself?! Not your body, not your business!

somewhere

"Not trying to get too heavy or anything, but the country was put into lockdown to save lives, approx 1800 people died, and I say this with the deepest of respect and sympathy that most of the people who died were elderly who have lived their lives, Recently we have passed a law that has allowed the abortion of approx 10,000 children who never got a chance at life since this law was passed, I am not completely anti abortion it is justified in some cases, but something about this dosent sit right with me,"

I believe it was 6666 abortions that was the figure mentioned

I don't know how many women had a breast removed to save their lives during the same period or how many had a colonoscopy

I don't need to know the figures for something that is a woman's healthcare issue so why shoukdvthe figures for abortion be released.

While I'm at it why the fuck had RTE got their religious correspondent discussing it on the news..ffs

Are you implying that women who have abortions are sociopaths? no"

Oh, well thank god for that!

"

I don't need to know the figures for something that is a woman's healthcare issue "

Most attractive thing I've seen a man say on fab in a long time.

Are you implying that women who have abortions are sociopaths? no

Oh, well thank god for that! "

if you read my post I said I am not completely anti abortion, it’s just that the 1800 deaths from covid get mentioned every day on the news, the 10,000 deaths don’t

I taught we were here to be away from subjects like this....

Just saying not want to start a riot

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

Luckily you don't have a uterus so its not for you to fret about I don’t have a uterus but I do have a conscience "

Do your bit - get a snip to prevent any chance of any abortions from happening with your contribution.

No fertility- no potential pregnancies- no abortions.

Be a hero and contribute to eliminating the abortion problem.

On a serious note- please stay out of women's business.

Luckily you don't have a uterus so its not for you to fret about I don’t have a uterus but I do have a conscience

How about you keep your conscious to yourself?! Not your body, not your business!"

how about everybody is entitled to their opinion

Dublin

Luckily you don't have a uterus so its not for you to fret about I don’t have a uterus but I do have a conscience

How about you keep your conscious to yourself?! Not your body, not your business! how about everybody is entitled to their opinion "

No, in terms of healthcare your opinion is moot.

" if you read my post I said I am not completely anti abortion, it’s just that the 1800 deaths from covid get mentioned every day on the news, the 10,000 deaths don’t "

OK. So, should we have a section on the news where we release all of the up to date death statistics in the country? We could inckude covid, and abortions of course, and cancer, and heroin, and car accidents, and heart attacks, and strokes, and what else? I do not understand your point here.

Yes, thousands of tiny babies have and will continue to die. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone doesn't give a fuck about that, or assuming that women love nothing more than a good abortion before a boozey brunch. But we all voted, we had our say and we, as a country, decided. It's done.

How about you keep your conscious to yourself?! Not your body, not your business! how about everybody is entitled to their opinion

No, in terms of healthcare your opinion is moot."

that’s only your opinion

By *mokey and the bandit 1Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

So you are doing the abortions yourself then ?

So you are doing the abortions yourself then ?"

Your comment makes no sense

somewhere

How about you keep your conscious to yourself?! Not your body, not your business! how about everybody is entitled to their opinion "

Of course you are and thats why you started the thread

But don't expect to not get called out on such an emotive subject

The country voted to allow abortion in limited circumstances and the laws were made for that to happen.

If you're concerned about the figure ask your local health board,school to ensure better sex education and access to contraception for everyone to hopefully get the figure to drop in the future.

How about you keep your conscious to yourself?! Not your body, not your business! how about everybody is entitled to their opinion

Of course you are and thats why you started the thread

But don't expect to not get called out on such an emotive subject

The country voted to allow abortion in limited circumstances and the laws were made for that to happen.

If you're concerned about the figure ask your local health board,school to ensure better sex education and access to contraception for everyone to hopefully get the figure to drop in the future.

I don’t mind getting called out, I’m a big boy I can handle it

"

By *mokey and the bandit 1Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

So you are doing the abortions yourself then ?Your comment makes no sense "

The only way it should play on you conscience is if you are either activity getting lots of women pregnant and they get abortions or you are carrying out the abortions yourself.. oh btw it's Mr in case you think it's just women picking on you.

So you are doing the abortions yourself then ?Your comment makes no sense

The only way it should play on you conscience is if you are either activity getting lots of women pregnant and they get abortions or you are carrying out the abortions yourself.. oh btw it's Mr in case you think it's just women picking on you. "

that comment makes even less sense than your previous one

It made perfect sense to me...

" if you read my post I said I am not completely anti abortion, it’s just that the 1800 deaths from covid get mentioned every day on the news, the 10,000 deaths don’t

OK. So, should we have a section on the news where we release all of the up to date death statistics in the country? We could inckude covid, and abortions of course, and cancer, and heroin, and car accidents, and heart attacks, and strokes, and what else? I do not understand your point here.

Yes, thousands of tiny babies have and will continue to die. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone doesn't give a fuck about that, or assuming that women love nothing more than a good abortion before a boozey brunch. But we all voted, we had our say and we, as a country, decided. It's done. "

Mabye done , but dosent make it right

Do your bit - get a snip to prevent any chance of any abortions from happening with your contribution.

No fertility- no potential pregnancies- no abortions.

Be a hero and contribute to eliminating the abortion problem.

On a serious note- please stay out of women's business."

if it’s women’s business why did men get to vote on it

somewhere

" if you read my post I said I am not completely anti abortion, it’s just that the 1800 deaths from covid get mentioned every day on the news, the 10,000 deaths don’t

Yes, thousands of tiny babies have and will continue to die. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone doesn't give a fuck about that, or assuming that women love nothing more than a good abortion before a boozey brunch. But we all voted, we had our say and we, as a country, decided. It's done. Mabye done , but dosent make it right "

Also doesn't make it wrong

When women need access to safe healthcare...what bit would you allow

By *NawtyCplCouple  over a year ago

Around and about

Is it a full moon....weirdo alert

By *1CorkCouple  over a year ago

Cork

If the man posting this opinion took more time to think and reflect on the figures for abortions in Ireland since the constitution was changed by a two thirds majority in comparison with the historic figures for abortions in the UK and Holland where Irish addresses were given, in addition to the estimated number who had the capability to use an address in the UK, and the number of abortion pills delivered to Ireland, he may indeed conclude that there are no extra or additional abortions at all but rather that those women don’t have to endure the added emotional, physical and financial stress of traveling and/or stigma of breaking the law.

Since his 10,000 figure is so off the mark in any event, I suspect he is unlikely to do any such analysis of the figures, but he should be minded that there are real people behind each one of those figures with real unique situations and circumstances and his ‘conscience’ should extend to consideration of these women also.

The fact that Irish women are doing nothing different, but that they are just doing it here and are not being criminalised for it should only be a footnote on the news as we move on and put a dark chapter of repression and denial behind us.

Yes, thousands of tiny babies have and will continue to die. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone doesn't give a fuck about that, or assuming that women love nothing more than a good abortion before a boozey brunch. But we all voted, we had our say and we, as a country, decided. It's done. Mabye done , but dosent make it right

When women need access to safe healthcare...what bit would you allow "

in cest r ape, fatal foetal abnormalities, I just find it hard to believe that 16% of pregnancies fall into these categories

"if it’s women’s business why did men get to vote on it"

This is a question a lot of us asked at the time.

And re the "that don't make it right" comment, it might shock you to know that many, probably most, people who voted in favor of abortion actually agree with you. The only difference is, they knew it's nobody but the woman in questions choice, whether we think she's making the right one or not.

"If the man posting this opinion took more time to think and reflect on the figures for abortions in Ireland since the constitution was changed by a two thirds majority in comparison with the historic figures for abortions in the UK and Holland where Irish addresses were given, in addition to the estimated number who had the capability to use an address in the UK, and the number of abortion pills delivered to Ireland, he may indeed conclude that there are no extra or additional abortions at all but rather that those women don’t have to endure the added emotional, physical and financial stress of traveling and/or stigma of breaking the law.

Since his 10,000 figure is so off the mark in any event, I suspect he is unlikely to do any such analysis of the figures, but he should be minded that there are real people behind each one of those figures with real unique situations and circumstances and his ‘conscience’ should extend to consideration of these women also.

The fact that Irish women are doing nothing different, but that they are just doing it here and are not being criminalised for it should only be a footnote on the news as we move on and put a dark chapter of repression and denial behind us."

10000 is not off the mark, wait until the figures are published

"If the man posting this opinion took more time to think and reflect on the figures for abortions in Ireland since the constitution was changed by a two thirds majority in comparison with the historic figures for abortions in the UK and Holland where Irish addresses were given, in addition to the estimated number who had the capability to use an address in the UK, and the number of abortion pills delivered to Ireland, he may indeed conclude that there are no extra or additional abortions at all but rather that those women don’t have to endure the added emotional, physical and financial stress of traveling and/or stigma of breaking the law.

The fact that Irish women are doing nothing different, but that they are just doing it here and are not being criminalised for it should only be a footnote on the news as we move on and put a dark chapter of repression and denial behind us."

10000 is not off the mark, wait until the figures are published

somewhere

Yes, thousands of tiny babies have and will continue to die. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone doesn't give a fuck about that, or assuming that women love nothing more than a good abortion before a boozey brunch. But we all voted, we had our say and we, as a country, decided. It's done. Mabye done , but dosent make it right

When women need access to safe healthcare...what bit would you allow in cest r ape, fatal foetal abnormalities, I just find it hard to believe that 16% of pregnancies fall into these categories "

So just to tease out your argument a little bit

How does a women prove she's been r*ped before she gets to court to prove it

"Is it a full moon....weirdo alert"
great contribution to a grownups discussion, I can take in and appreciate every other comment on this post but I can’t say the same for yours

When women need access to safe healthcare...what bit would you allow in cest r ape, fatal foetal abnormalities, I just find it hard to believe that 16% of pregnancies fall into these categories

So just to tease out your argument a little bit

How does a women prove she's been r*ped before she gets to court to prove it she dosent have to prove anything, she will know herself if she has been r aped and is rightfully entitled to and abortion

"

OK but what about teenagers who consented by are still in school? Or women who don't have the financial stability to support a child? Or women who are in their fifties and don't have the energy to raise a child? Or women who know they will receive zero support from the father and don't want to raise a child alone? Or women who never wanted a child but accidentally became preganant?

By *ocoWEXMan  over a year ago

Chester

For fuck sake people!

Enough with that shit!

The ONLY answer that makes sense has already been given.

If you don't agree with one thing, if you don't like it, then DO NOT do it.

That you find it an unfair thing, falls into the full of your personal freedoms and no one must be able to tell you anything.

But at the same time you must not allow yourself to tell others what they should or should not do, what they may or may not, do with their lives.

Easy as fuck!

(not during lockdown)

Enough!

Now move on.

"OK but what about teenagers who consented by are still in school? Or women who don't have the financial stability to support a child? Or women who are in their fifties and don't have the energy to raise a child? Or women who know they will receive zero support from the father and don't want to raise a child alone? Or women who never wanted a child but accidentally became preganant? "
there are other options for some of the above

"OK but what about teenagers who consented by are still in school? Or women who don't have the financial stability to support a child? Or women who are in their fifties and don't have the energy to raise a child? Or women who know they will receive zero support from the father and don't want to raise a child alone? Or women who never wanted a child but accidentally became preganant? there are other options for some of the above "

Such as?

Also, what about the ones who don't fall into "some"?

somewhere

What about a threat to the woman's health or her life

"OK but what about teenagers who consented by are still in school? Or women who don't have the financial stability to support a child? Or women who are in their fifties and don't have the energy to raise a child? Or women who know they will receive zero support from the father and don't want to raise a child alone? Or women who never wanted a child but accidentally became preganant? there are other options for some of the above

Such as?

Also, what about the ones who don't fall into "some"? "

adoption fostering, if you are have unprotected sex you should be adult enough to know that there could be consequences such as pregnancy, on a separate note I have respect for you at least you are trying to make a coherent argument, the best that some can do on this is just try to insult me, so their comments are irrelevant

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

"on a separate note I have respect for you at least you are trying to make a coherent argument, the best that some can do on this is just try to insult me, so their comments are irrelevant "

Did you not say people are entitled to an opinion?

"on a separate note I have respect for you at least you are trying to make a coherent argument, the best that some can do on this is just try to insult me, so their comments are irrelevant

Did you not say people are entitled to an opinion? You are correct I actually did, I take that last comment back

"

"

Also, what about the ones who don't fall into "some"? adoption fostering, if you are have unprotected sex you should be adult enough to know that there could be consequences such as pregnancy, on a separate note I have respect for you at least you are trying to make a coherent argument, the best that some can do on this is just try to insult me, so their comments are irrelevant "

But you are working under the assumption that contraception works 100% of the time? I got pregnant after a condom ripped, despite taking the morning after pill 90 mins later. I did everything I was supposed to do. To assume that everyone who has an accidental pregnancy is irresponsible is just downright stupid. There is no other word to describe that line of thinking.

That was 10 years ago and now I have a beautiful daughter and I'm very grateful to that shitty piece of rubber. But had I chosen to have an abortion I would have been a criminal even though all I was was a terrified teenager faced with an impossible choice to make all on my own without any support whatsoever from the state, my family or the "father". I did choose to have the baby, but not out of some morale duty to the feuotus inside me or a misguided value for a life that wasn't mine. Out of the fear of what my life would be if anyone ever found out I'd done it.

This happens to people everyday. Their lives are turned upside down in an instant. All of their hopes and dreams, everything they've ever worked towards, their very identify stripped from them when suddenly they become nothing more than a vessel. They are suddenly facing down a barrel where their futures are taken from them and they will never again be able to put themselves first. You will never understand the mental health implications that come with that.

I find it very hard to believe that you have any respect for me or for any woman when you so clearly believe that we shouldn't have the final decision when it comes to what we do with our bodies. Every single thing you've said here tonight shows an absolute lack of understanding of the realities faced by women everyday, which tells me that not only do you not understand but you've also chosen not to hear the things that women are saying because you don't want to understand, not to mention an absence of any semblance of compassion or care for a huge portion of the population. So please, keep your faux respect to yourself. It doesn't mean shit.

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

Abortion is sick. Its murder. I'm holding the government responsible. If you want to have fun there are lots of protection to use instead of bareback.

"

Also, what about the ones who don't fall into "some"? adoption fostering, if you are have unprotected sex you should be adult enough to know that there could be consequences such as pregnancy, on a separate note I have respect for you at least you are trying to make a coherent argument, the best that some can do on this is just try to insult me, so their comments are irrelevant

But you are working under the assumption that contraception works 100% of the time? I got pregnant after a condom ripped, despite taking the morning after pill 90 mins later. I did everything I was supposed to do. To assume that everyone who has an accidental pregnancy is irresponsible is just downright stupid. There is no other word to describe that line of thinking.

That was 10 years ago and now I have a beautiful daughter and I'm very grateful to that shitty piece of rubber. But had I chosen to have an abortion I would have been a criminal even though all I was was a terrified teenager faced with an impossible choice to make all on my own without any support whatsoever from the state, my family or the "father". I did choose to have the baby, but not out of some morale duty to the feuotus inside me or a misguided value for a life that wasn't mine. Out of the fear of what my life would be if anyone ever found out I'd done it.

This happens to people everyday. Their lives are turned upside down in an instant. All of their hopes and dreams, everything they've ever worked towards, their very identify stripped from them when suddenly they become nothing more than a vessel. They are suddenly facing down a barrel where their futures are taken from them and they will never again be able to put themselves first. You will never understand the mental health implications that come with that.

I find it very hard to believe that you have any respect for me or for any woman when you so clearly believe that we shouldn't have the final decision when it comes to what we do with our bodies. Every single thing you've said here tonight shows an absolute lack of understanding of the realities faced by women everyday, which tells me that not only do you not understand but you've also chosen not to hear the things that women are saying because you don't want to understand, not to mention an absence of any semblance of compassion or care for a huge portion of the population. So please, keep your faux respect to yourself. It doesn't mean shit. "

ok, but it wasn’t faux respect,

"Abortion is sick. Its murder. I'm holding the government responsible. If you want to have fun there are lots of protection to use instead of bareback. "
at least you have the balls to say what you think, I suspect there are probably a good few men who have read this and are afraid to comment or give an opinion, because it might ruin their chances with the women on this when the women would see what their opinions are

By *igglesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Women's body, women's choice.

It's only the self righteous man that thinks it's a choice for a male to make!! Grow up and piss of to the rock you climbed out from under..

"Women's body, women's choice.

It's only the self righteous man that thinks it's a choice for a male to make!! Grow up and piss of to the rock you climbed out from under.. "

where did I say it was a choice for a male to make , did you even read my original post

Deep water topic here.. Its not your body so its not you're choice. its the choice of person / Couple.. We should be respecting the woman who had travelled across seas and got this done for an obvious reason but imagine how cold dark and lonely that journey was...

By *orny-angelWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

"10000 is not off the mark, wait until the figures are published "

Figures were released 6 days ago. In 2019 it was 6,666 reported by irish times. Well shy of your 10,000. Just look at figures that went to UK etc & you wont see an upward movement in figures. That 6,666 people who didnt have to travel on top of a tough decision. Two-thirds voted for it & actual abortions in ireland was two-thirds number you quoted.

"10000 is not off the mark, wait until the figures are published

Figures were released 6 days ago. In 2019 it was 6,666 reported by irish times. Well shy of your 10,000. Just look at figures that went to UK etc & you wont see an upward movement in figures. That 6,666 people who didnt have to travel on top of a tough decision. Two-thirds voted for it & actual abortions in ireland was two-thirds number you quoted."

again you are another not reading my post correctly, I said approx 10,000 since the law was passed, 6666 for the year 2019 , do you not realize we are in July of 2020 so we have had approx 3500 this year

Belfast

"

Also, what about the ones who don't fall into "some"? adoption fostering, if you are have unprotected sex you should be adult enough to know that there could be consequences such as pregnancy, on a separate note I have respect for you at least you are trying to make a coherent argument, the best that some can do on this is just try to insult me, so their comments are irrelevant

I find it very hard to believe that you have any respect for me or for any woman when you so clearly believe that we shouldn't have the final decision when it comes to what we do with our bodies. Every single thing you've said here tonight shows an absolute lack of understanding of the realities faced by women everyday, which tells me that not only do you not understand but you've also chosen not to hear the things that women are saying because you don't want to understand, not to mention an absence of any semblance of compassion or care for a huge portion of the population. So please, keep your faux respect to yourself. It doesn't mean shit. "

This is exactly why people fight for abortions.

Nobody will ever wake up in a morming thinking "can't wait to plan an abortion". And when someone says "well don't have sex not to get pregnant" only shows that you're arguing with a person who's as mature as a 10 year old.

"

I find it very hard to believe that you have any respect for me or for any woman when you so clearly believe that we shouldn't have the final decision when it comes to what we do with our bodies. Every single thing you've said here tonight shows an absolute lack of understanding of the realities faced by women everyday, which tells me that not only do you not understand but you've also chosen not to hear the things that women are saying because you don't want to understand, not to mention an absence of any semblance of compassion or care for a huge portion of the population. So please, keep your faux respect to yourself. It doesn't mean shit.

Nobody will ever wake up in a morming thinking "can't wait to plan an abortion". And when someone says "well don't have sex not to get pregnant" only shows that you're arguing with a person who's as mature as a 10 year old. "

again read my post I clearly said I am not completely anti abortion,

Belfast

"

Nobody will ever wake up in a morming thinking "can't wait to plan an abortion". And when someone says "well don't have sex not to get pregnant" only shows that you're arguing with a person who's as mature as a 10 year old. again read my post I clearly said I am not completely anti abortion, "

I'm judging your attitude by all of your responses. Responding to your thread post only would be considered as taking things out of context.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

The numbers are irrelevant to be honest. If she considers it necessary for her to not have a baby, and she's within the first 12 weeks so the baby isn't developed yet, then it's necessary. The numbers could be double what they are and it would still be necessary. I have absolutely no issue with a foetus not becoming a baby before 12 weeks.

There are a few silly comments here presuming the opinions of men. Men are capable of being compassionate and logical too.

MrF

"The numbers are irrelevant to be honest. If she considers it necessary for her to not have a baby, and she's within the first 12 weeks so the baby isn't developed yet, then it's necessary. The numbers could be double what they are and it would still be necessary. I have absolutely no issue with a foetus not becoming a baby before 12 weeks.

There are a few silly comments here presuming the opinions of men. Men are capable of being compassionate and logical too.

MrF"

thanks for your comment , it’s fair , at least you can make your point without going into complete attack mode on me, in my post I never said I was anti abortion, people just assume, I was just stating figures, the number of lives we made a massive effort to save during lockdown Versus the number of lives we legally terminate,

Well said

"Then I'd suggest you don't get an abortion.

Well said"

how is this well said? , it’s a juvenile comment, I am not pregnant or don’t have anyone pregnant or am not looking for an abortion

East / North, Cork

"The numbers are irrelevant to be honest. If she considers it necessary for her to not have a baby, and she's within the first 12 weeks so the baby isn't developed yet, then it's necessary. The numbers could be double what they are and it would still be necessary. I have absolutely no issue with a foetus not becoming a baby before 12 weeks.

MrFthanks for your comment , it’s fair , at least you can make your point without going into complete attack mode on me, in my post I never said I was anti abortion, people just assume, I was just stating figures, the number of lives we made a massive effort to save during lockdown Versus the number of lives we legally terminate, "

A tiny foetus is not the same thing as a fully developed human being dying of corvid19.

And before anyone says a 12wk foetus can have a heart beating that's absolutely true... but the heart is like a millimeter or 2 in size and is not the same thing as an actual developed human being walking a out the place.

"The numbers are irrelevant to be honest. If she considers it necessary for her to not have a baby, and she's within the first 12 weeks so the baby isn't developed yet, then it's necessary. The numbers could be double what they are and it would still be necessary. I have absolutely no issue with a foetus not becoming a baby before 12 weeks.at the risk of you getting attacked , what is your opinion after 12 weeks,

MrFthanks for your comment , it’s fair , at least you can make your point without going into complete attack mode on me, in my post I never said I was anti abortion, people just assume, I was just stating figures, the number of lives we made a massive effort to save during lockdown Versus the number of lives we legally terminate,

A tiny foetus is not the same thing as a fully developed human being dying of corvid19.

And before anyone says a 12wk foetus can have a heart beating that's absolutely true... but the heart is like a millimeter or 2 in size and is not the same thing as an actual developed human being walking a out the place.

"

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 06/07/20 06:48:41]

East / North, Cork

Well saidhow is this well said? , it’s a juvenile comment, I am not pregnant or don’t have anyone pregnant or am not looking for an abortion "

It's not juvenile. It cuts to the heart of the issue. Anyone else's abortion is none of anyone else's damn business. The abortion you should be concerned about is yours, not anyone else's.

Well saidhow is this well said? , it’s a juvenile comment, I am not pregnant or don’t have anyone pregnant or am not looking for an abortion

It's not juvenile. It cuts to the heart of the issue. Anyone else's abortion is none of anyone else's damn business. The abortion you should be concerned about is yours, not anyone else's."

I might be putting you on the spot, but interested to know what your opinion is after 12 weeks

East / North, Cork

The line needs to be drawn somewhere. Medical brains have looked at the development and drawn it at 12wks and that's good enough for me.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Yes, thousands of tiny babies have and will continue to die. Please don't make the mistake of thinking anyone doesn't give a fuck about that, or assuming that women love nothing more than a good abortion before a boozey brunch. But we all voted, we had our say and we, as a country, decided. It's done. Mabye done , but dosent make it right "

So, if that's your opinion, you agree that women who have been r*ped should be made to have a permant reminder of a horrific experience they have suffered? That's right is it? What about their choice, also there's the issues of raising severely handicapped children too, what about the mental and/or physical health of the mother, there are so many reasons for making the choice to have an abortion which you haven't acknowledged. These are just three examples, there are many more. This is never a decision a woman would take lightly.

"The line needs to be drawn somewhere. Medical brains have looked at the development and drawn it at 12wks and that's good enough for me.

"

i agree, but it’s happening after 12 weeks

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

You also can't compare this to covid. For the record, I am only in favour of early abortions.

East / North, Cork

"The line needs to be drawn somewhere. Medical brains have looked at the development and drawn it at 12wks and that's good enough for me.

i agree, but it’s happening after 12 weeks "

Remember those medical minds I was just talking about? Those doctors who undergo years of medical training.. they can examine when there is a tragic risk to a fully develoed human beings life that needs saving, or if the baby is not going to develop normally. Those are the circumstances that allow later than 12wk abortions.

i agree, but it’s happening after 12 weeks

Remember those medical minds I was just talking about? Those doctors who undergo years of medical training.. they can examine when there is a tragic risk to a fully develoed human beings life that needs saving, or if the baby is not going to develop normally. Those are the circumstances that allow later than 12wk abortions. "

and those are the instances in which I agree with it, but it is happening after 12 weeks where these are not the reasons for it

I can't imagine any of the decisions that are made to have an abortion is taken lightly and people pontificating down not help in any way. I cant stand anyone telling others particularly those of the opposite sex what to do

East / North, Cork

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/abortion/how-to-get-an-abortion/when-you-can-have-an-abortion.html

"After 12 weeks, you can only have an abortion in exceptional circumstances.

These are when continuing the pregnancy:

- puts your life at risk

- risks serious harm to your health

- is likely to lead to the death of the foetus either before or within 28 days of birth because of a problem with its development"

Those are the only circumstsnces.

You shouldn’t use a pandemic to lay down opinions on such a sensitive & delicate topic. You can’t compare one to another.

"You shouldn’t use a pandemic to lay down opinions on such a sensitive & delicate topic. You can’t compare one to another. "
i can write whatever I want

East / North, Cork

"You shouldn’t use a pandemic to lay down opinions on such a sensitive & delicate topic. You can’t compare one to another. "

It's pretty insensitive.

East / North, Cork

"You shouldn’t use a pandemic to lay down opinions on such a sensitive & delicate topic. You can’t compare one to another. i can write whatever I want "

Of course you can. And others can make judgements on you because of that.

"You shouldn’t use a pandemic to lay down opinions on such a sensitive & delicate topic. You can’t compare one to another. i can write whatever I want

Of course you can. And others can make judgements on you because of that. "

i know, it’s freedom of speech

East / North, Cork

It sure is.

Who cares, too many people in this world anyways, abortions for everyone in the audience!

somewhere

"Abortion is sick. Its murder. I'm holding the government responsible. If you want to have fun there are lots of protection to use instead of bareback. "

I only assume that a child got a hold of your phone and typed that.

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 06/07/20 07:30:58]

East / North, Cork

Penis thigh trap.. Interesting that your profile says..

"Webcam — just for lazy fuckers who can’t be arsed to meet"

.. and yet you have 1 veri and that's via webcam.

People don't usually insult themselves on their own profiles lol

somewhere

"Abortion is sick. Its murder. I'm holding the government responsible. If you want to have fun there are lots of protection to use instead of bareback. at least you have the balls to say what you think, I suspect there are probably a good few men who have read this and are afraid to comment or give an opinion, because it might ruin their chances with the women on this when the women would see what their opinions are"

Op

I've asked a couple of questions that you've ignored so I'll ask them again in case they got lost in the thread

You answered my question about R*ape saying that a woman knows she's been r*ped so she can have an abortion

What about the women that don't know they've been r*ped.

What about a risk to the health or life of the woman....should women be strapped down to a bed in a hospital and be forced to give birth

Just wondering

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

and what if the pregnancy wasn't a result of fun?

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

"Women's body, women's choice.

It's only the self righteous man that thinks it's a choice for a male to make!! Grow up and piss of to the rock you climbed out from under.. "

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

"Penis thigh trap.. Interesting that your profile says..

People don't usually insult themselves on their own profiles lol"

Love that quick wit of yours

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

York

Pmsl

.. and yet you have 1 veri and that's via webcam.it meant to be a bit of humor you obviously are far to serious for that

People don't usually insult themselves on their own profiles lol

Pmsl "

.. and yet you have 1 veri and that's via webcam.the verification was during lockdown, I am socially responsible like that, and from an English lady, bit too far to travel

"Abortion is sick. Its murder. I'm holding the government responsible. If you want to have fun there are lots of protection to use instead of bareback. at least you have the balls to say what you think, I suspect there are probably a good few men who have read this and are afraid to comment or give an opinion, because it might ruin their chances with the women on this when the women would see what their opinions are

Op

I've asked a couple of questions that you've ignored so I'll ask them again in case they got lost in the thread

You answered my question about R*ape saying that a woman knows she's been r*ped so she can have an abortion

What about a risk to the health or life of the woman....should women be strapped down to a bed in a hospital and be forced to give birth

Just wondering

Did you read my original post, I said there are certain times when it is justified

"

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Abortion is sick. Its murder. I'm holding the government responsible. If you want to have fun there are lots of protection to use instead of bareback. at least you have the balls to say what you think, I suspect there are probably a good few men who have read this and are afraid to comment or give an opinion, because it might ruin their chances with the women on this when the women would see what their opinions are

Op

Just wondering

"

I was in this situation after I had my drink spiked. Thankfully I wasn't pregnant as I'd managed to take the morning after pill and got tested very quickly. Now tell me OP, should I have been made to bear a child that would have been a constant reminder of this for the rest of my life? Would this also have been fair on the child?

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

But you are not expressing a opinion

You are passing judgement on another person's body and what they can and can not do with it.

As others have said the only time you "opinion" counts is when you have stuffed your wang unprotected into a (womans) uterus.

Do you get a vote then...hell yeah just as much as she does.

10,000 women have made their own conscious decision. It's for them to live with that for good or bad.

I don't usually run in like a white knight but all of the women have made sane logical points in this thread

Whilst you have just moaned nobody is listening to you opinion.

They have listend and they dont agree with you just like the 10,000 women who had an abortion.

somewhere

And in your original post you never mentioned what circumstances

In a reply to me later you said in the case of R*pe

( once the woman said she was r*ped thats ok )

Inc*st and fatal fetal abnormalities

So women's health doesn't come into it at all is what you're saying

If she feels suicidal... tough

By *ornyfireCouple  over a year ago

Middle Earth

As a mother of few children did I vote yes, Yes I did. Would I have an abortion No I don't think I would but now the choice is there.

There are so many situations that people find themselves in and they should have a choice and my opinion or yours does not matter as you are not that person you are not living their life. You cannot say what someone should do what they can cope with You or I just don't know what could break someone.

Op

Just wondering

I was in this situation after I had my drink spiked. Thankfully I wasn't pregnant as I'd managed to take the morning after pill and got tested very quickly. Now tell me OP, should I have been made to bear a child that would have been a constant reminder of this for the rest of my life? Would this also have been fair on the child? "

no it would be r a pe

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Op

Just wondering

I was in this situation after I had my drink spiked. Thankfully I wasn't pregnant as I'd managed to take the morning after pill and got tested very quickly. Now tell me OP, should I have been made to bear a child that would have been a constant reminder of this for the rest of my life? Would this also have been fair on the child? no it would be r a pe"

I think you should go away and think very carefully before you post again. It's a woman's body, it her right to choose. FYI, I have 2 adult children, both now at uni and have had several miscarriages. I support a woman's right to choose.

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"As a mother of few children did I vote yes, Yes I did. Would I have an abortion No I don't think I would but now the choice is there.

There are so many situations that people find themselves in and they should have a choice and my opinion or yours does not matter as you are not that person you are not living their life. You cannot say what someone should do what they can cope with You or I just don't know what could break someone. "

Op

Just wondering

I was in this situation after I had my drink spiked. Thankfully I wasn't pregnant as I'd managed to take the morning after pill and got tested very quickly. Now tell me OP, should I have been made to bear a child that would have been a constant reminder of this for the rest of my life? Would this also have been fair on the child? no it would be r a pe

I think you should go away and think very carefully before you post again. It's a woman's body, it her right to choose. FYI, I have 2 adult children, both now at uni and have had several miscarriages. I support a woman's right to choose. "

I will post again whatever and whenever I feel like, I too had the pain of being in a loving relationship were WE had 6 miscarriages , to the point where my partner couldn’t cope with the pain of it anymore and ended up taking her own life , so before you judge I am as qualified as anyone to post

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

Op

Just wondering

I was in this situation after I had my drink spiked. Thankfully I wasn't pregnant as I'd managed to take the morning after pill and got tested very quickly. Now tell me OP, should I have been made to bear a child that would have been a constant reminder of this for the rest of my life? Would this also have been fair on the child? no it would be r a pe

I think you should go away and think very carefully before you post again. It's a woman's body, it her right to choose. FYI, I have 2 adult children, both now at uni and have had several miscarriages. I support a woman's right to choose. I will post again whatever and whenever I feel like, I too had the pain of being in a loving relationship were WE had 6 miscarriages , to the point where my partner couldn’t cope with the pain of it anymore and ended up taking her own life , so before you judge I am as qualified as anyone to post "

So you dont like being judged without context

But it's ok for you to pass judgement on 10,000 women's choice without context

some of whom may have also discussed it with their partner before deciding

You should try being more empathic given your own personal history

Op

Just wondering

I think you should go away and think very carefully before you post again. It's a woman's body, it her right to choose. FYI, I have 2 adult children, both now at uni and have had several miscarriages. I support a woman's right to choose. I will post again whatever and whenever I feel like, I too had the pain of being in a loving relationship were WE had 6 miscarriages , to the point where my partner couldn’t cope with the pain of it anymore and ended up taking her own life , so before you judge I am as qualified as anyone to post

You should try being more empathic given your own personal history "

yes I can take your point on the chin

"Abortion is sick. Its murder. I'm holding the government responsible. If you want to have fun there are lots of protection to use instead of bareback. and what if the pregnancy wasn't a result of fun? "

I was gonna say the same

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Op

Just wondering

I think you should go away and think very carefully before you post again. It's a woman's body, it her right to choose. FYI, I have 2 adult children, both now at uni and have had several miscarriages. I support a woman's right to choose. I will post again whatever and whenever I feel like, I too had the pain of being in a loving relationship were WE had 6 miscarriages , to the point where my partner couldn’t cope with the pain of it anymore and ended up taking her own life , so before you judge I am as qualified as anyone to post

You should try being more empathic given your own personal history yes I can take your point on the chin"

Thankyou for that comment OP. I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. Xx

OP I respect that you have an opinion like everyone else, which you are entirely entitled to have, as do we all but, I have to say, sometimes we should keep our opinions to ourselves and, although we mightnt agree with something or somebody also respect their opinion. I say this in respect of the females maybe reading this post who have went through the life changing trauma and distress of having to take the decision to have an abortion. To be brutally honest this post has more than likely brought that awful experience back to them. I think we all need to be careful and respectful regarding what we post and consider others in the public forums.

Newtownabbey

I think it is and always will be a highly emotive subject. Personally I am glad that women who feel they have no alternative now have a safe option and can get proper help advice and aftercare and not be made to feel ashamed.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I think it is and always will be a highly emotive subject. Personally I am glad that women who feel they have no alternative now have a safe option and can get proper help advice and aftercare and not be made to feel ashamed. "

Yep I agree with this. Everyone has their own opinions on this. Personally I have never being in the position where I have had to consider this as I've never been pregnant but I am happy that people now have the choice if they are in that position. I don't believe anyone ever makes the decision easily.

It is easy to stand back and judge and call people names but I wonder how many would stand by a woman if they got her pregnant off a meet here even. I'd say quite a few would be running for the hills. Contraception doesn't always work.

I just find the figures staggering, that in 10 years time we will have terminated the same amount of people that could fill croke park. That’s all I think this post has gone on long enough now and is going nowhere, thanks to everyone who contributed with valid points and arguments dispite what you do think of me I do take them on board, to the people who just came to this with personal insults most of which I got privately messaged to me, your opinion is of no relevance, peace out, live and let live.

somewhere

Whatever anyone's opinion on the matter I think we'd all agree that it's sneaky to give anyone abuse via private messages.

Either piss or get off the pot I think is the expression

Ignore them if possible op

This issue effects women and their bodies directly and until men are able to conceive a baby in their own womb they have absolutely no say in this whatsoever

"Whatever anyone's opinion on the matter I think we'd all agree that it's sneaky to give anyone abuse via private messages.

Ignore them if possible op "

appreciate that

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

10,000 potential lives you won't give a fuck about after they're born.

Whatever your stance on abortion is, it's your own business, but unless you're willing to take on the duty of care to one of these unwanted pregnancies, then you don't get to tell people they have to go through with it.

That's just my 2 cents.

"

Very powerful writing.

OP I am deeply sorry to hear about your losses and especially sad & sorry to hear that the experiences of the recurrent miscarriages destroyed your partner. I can see that in this light you may feel elective abortions are an inexcusable waste of procreative power. However, as you are well aware women have to take a big impact on their psychosomatic health even just to complete gestation and delivery. To think that anyone would want a woman to go through this investment against her will or better judgement is ethically dubious in itself. Who needs coerced maternity? And on the flip side of the same coin, if motherhood wasn't widely seen as the pinnacle of womanhood maybe your partner would still be with us today. I am sorry in advance if this is an upsetting idea, but I think it is very relevant to this discussion, certainly more relevant than the covid death toll!

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Op

Just wondering

I think you should go away and think very carefully before you post again. It's a woman's body, it her right to choose. FYI, I have 2 adult children, both now at uni and have had several miscarriages. I support a woman's right to choose. I will post again whatever and whenever I feel like, I too had the pain of being in a loving relationship were WE had 6 miscarriages , to the point where my partner couldn’t cope with the pain of it anymore and ended up taking her own life , so before you judge I am as qualified as anyone to post "

So what about the countless women who killed themselves because they got pregnant and due to the 'shame" it would bring to their family killed themselves because they had no access to an abortion...

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It is very very low to set the pandemic and its casulties in context with abortion figures, besides that they're not comparable at all.

Having read through the whole thread I got the impression that the op only tries to stir with his misogynistic opinion. There's many good argument in various post he conveniently ignores but engages every time with the more simplistic or personal replies. This is far from an adult discussion but an attempt of guilt inducement over a topic we progressed on by acknowledging that a woman's life matters with the referendum 2018.

Until you're in the position where it's happening to you, to your body. Til you're in the position where you cannot walk away from it without a second thought. Til you are the one carrying a child to full term with everything that entails. Til you are the one giving birth and all that does to your body...when that time comes maybe then you get to have a say. You can NEVER know what it's like and you can pontificate til the cows come home - not your body, not your business.

somewhere

Op I can understand exactly where you are coming from with your point of view.If my partner took her own life after having that many miscarriages I'd probably agree with you.

I hope you got help from a councillor at the time to get over your loss of your partner and future children and wish you well

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

May I open up a can of worms?

Just for the record I don't give a shit about abortion. I just don't care either way. Not my problem.........for now anyway.

But, now women get to not only chose if they want to be parents or not, but have the power to chose whether a man becomes a parent or not.

Man want's to be a dad: Tough shit it's my choice.

Man doesn't want to be a dad: Tough shit. I'm having it and you're paying for it.

I just think if women have the right to kill it, then surely men should have the right to at least abandon it.

I have read and re read and read agin here and some things in this post bother me. I hear what your saying op but I wouldn’t compare Covid deaths to abortion statistics.. I do agree with termination for the obvious reasons and a woman’s mental health and stand beside whoever makes that choice as they have to live with it but I don’t agree with saying men have no say. Many men are crippled over the loss and not having a choice to keep their child. ( yes I know the women carried it) but the man is disregarded overall.

Yes men don’t have to raise them

Yes men walk away

Yes men don’t suffer the physiological and physical pain as some women. But for some men the pain of having no say is too much too..

Some women however minority are sick individuals and use the pregnancy / abortion as control

Some women have no regard for the human life and use abortion as a contraception (I know people who have had 5)

Some women love to play Russian roulette

Although as I state the minority , it takes two to make a baby and I stand by women’s choice I also stand by the man that has no voice.

I don't think any of us are in a position to comment on any other given individuals need/decision to have an abortion.

I don't necessarily always agree with it being all about the mental and physical wellbeing of the mother in every instance though, there's a father involved as well.

Perhaps we'd be better served with doing whatever we can to address the reason for some of these cases in the first place. Everyone's circumstances are different. There are some repeat cases and although in some cases the mother may be reason for this in many cases such as being in an abusive relationship/rape etc she is definitely not. Personally I think addressing the widespread domestic abuse secret that many of us fail to acknowledge would be a good start.

"10,000 potential lives you won't give a fuck about after they're born.

Whatever your stance on abortion is, it's your own business, but unless you're willing to take on the duty of care to one of these unwanted pregnancies, then you don't get to tell people they have to go through with it.

That's just my 2 cents."

By *o strings but a G-stringMan  over a year ago

city

Dude, regardless of the merits or otherwise of your stance, your post appears out of context on fab.

If you swing, put a condom on your ding-aling and then abortions will not be a worry.

East / North, Cork

Did you know penisflytrap that the average male ejaculates up to 40million sperm per nut. That's potentially 10 times the population of the whole country dribbling down her leg. That's 4 times the total number of corvid19 cases worldwide. What a waste of potential life that is also.

East / North, Cork

Let THAT sink in!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Whatever anyone's opinion on the matter I think we'd all agree that it's sneaky to give anyone abuse via private messages.

Ignore them if possible op "

And most certainly report them if it's abuse, whatever the thread subject, this is totally out of order. Those of you reading this thread and sending nasty messages to the OP should be ashamed of yourselves.

East / North, Cork

Agreed. If you have something to say about it then let's hear it here in the thread. No good reason to take the debate off the forum.

"May I open up a can of worms?

Just for the record I don't give a shit about abortion. I just don't care either way. Not my problem.........for now anyway.

But, now women get to not only chose if they want to be parents or not, but have the power to chose whether a man becomes a parent or not.

Man want's to be a dad: Tough shit it's my choice.

Man doesn't want to be a dad: Tough shit. I'm having it and you're paying for it.

I just think if women have the right to kill it, then surely men should have the right to at least abandon it."

Hi. Men do have the right to abandon it, one which they exercise with unfathomable regularity.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Well as long as you keep a condom on it you won't have to worry about it...

Belfast

Dirk here. All i see in this thread is opinion after opinion from men. As a man i can tell you now that the decision to have or not have an abortion rests 100% with the woman. It is her body to do with as she likes. If the government would change their views on women without children being able to get their tubes tied or womb removed maybe this would curve the amount of abortions being carried out. I did my part for humanity's sake and got the snip. Missus, if they would let her, would get her womb removed but they wont let her. Maybe this should be considdered an option for those women who don't feel maternal or ever want to have children. Who are these people who tell us what we can and cannot do with our own bodies. Rant over

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"Dirk here. All i see in this thread is opinion after opinion from men. As a man i can tell you now that the decision to have or not have an abortion rests 100% with the woman. It is her body to do with as she likes. If the government would change their views on women without children being able to get their tubes tied or womb removed maybe this would curve the amount of abortions being carried out. I did my part for humanity's sake and got the snip. Missus, if they would let her, would get her womb removed but they wont let her. Maybe this should be considdered an option for those women who don't feel maternal or ever want to have children. Who are these people who tell us what we can and cannot do with our own bodies. Rant over "

With you on this.

I asked my gp 5 times over the last 6 years to get tubes tied,and other methods including my parts taken out. No too young might change my mind about having a baby.

Well i can't get a man to have sex never mind to have a baby with.

"Dirk here. All i see in this thread is opinion after opinion from men. As a man i can tell you now that the decision to have or not have an abortion rests 100% with the woman. It is her body to do with as she likes. If the government would change their views on women without children being able to get their tubes tied or womb removed maybe this would curve the amount of abortions being carried out. I did my part for humanity's sake and got the snip. Missus, if they would let her, would get her womb removed but they wont let her. Maybe this should be considdered an option for those women who don't feel maternal or ever want to have children. Who are these people who tell us what we can and cannot do with our own bodies. Rant over "

Have their womb removed??

As an elective procedure on the NHS??

Do you know what youre talking about and the risks and potential complications involved including bleeding to death?

There are other options.

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 06/07/20 15:24:03]

By *omm000161Man  over a year ago

dublin

Im too old to be polite on this one.

We finally did the right thing 30 years too late. Women now have a choice.

These bigotted fucks have done enough harm and should fuck off back to their god loving caves to let civilised people get on with life.

East / North, Cork

To be fair there are quite a few female opinions in the thread.. as well as the majority of men posting who are agreeing it's a woman's choice.

A GP should be obliged to refer a woman to have her tubes tied if she is 100% sure its what she wants.

I'm fairly sure you can have it privately done in request if you have the means, and if your GP refuses.

Boom! Lol brilliant answer

Belfast

"Dirk here. All i see in this thread is opinion after opinion from men. As a man i can tell you now that the decision to have or not have an abortion rests 100% with the woman. It is her body to do with as she likes. If the government would change their views on women without children being able to get their tubes tied or womb removed maybe this would curve the amount of abortions being carried out. I did my part for humanity's sake and got the snip. Missus, if they would let her, would get her womb removed but they wont let her. Maybe this should be considdered an option for those women who don't feel maternal or ever want to have children. Who are these people who tell us what we can and cannot do with our own bodies. Rant over

Do you know what youre talking about and the risks and potential complications involved including bleeding to death?

There are other options. "

Omg he was exaggerating.

By getting the womb removed he meant sterilization in general. Are you one of them people who nit pick every single detail?

Even if Dirk would have meant physical removal of the womb - I would rather bleed to death than have a baby.

Missus

Belfast

"Dirk here. All i see in this thread is opinion after opinion from men. As a man i can tell you now that the decision to have or not have an abortion rests 100% with the woman. It is her body to do with as she likes. If the government would change their views on women without children being able to get their tubes tied or womb removed maybe this would curve the amount of abortions being carried out. I did my part for humanity's sake and got the snip. Missus, if they would let her, would get her womb removed but they wont let her. Maybe this should be considdered an option for those women who don't feel maternal or ever want to have children. Who are these people who tell us what we can and cannot do with our own bodies. Rant over

There are other options. "

What get an abortion..... as an elective procedure on the NHS?

Which carries the same complications?

Really?

Belfast

"To be fair there are quite a few female opinions in the thread.. as well as the majority of men posting who are agreeing it's a woman's choice.

A GP should be obliged to refer a woman to have her tubes tied if she is 100% sure its what she wants.

I'm fairly sure you can have it privately done in request if you have the means, and if your GP refuses. "

Tried. All of them refuse and just keep sending you door to door.

I couldn't even get a coil in.

Lucky I'm a sensible person who uses protection.

Not everyone is and if efficient birth control is so hard to get to (pills and hormones do more harm than good and aren't suitable for a large portion of population), I can see how a lot of young ones would get unwanted pregnancies as I can't see many 18 year olds who would be confident enough to stop their partner and make them use a condom.

Missus

There are other options.

Omg he was exaggerating.

By getting the womb removed he meant sterilization in general. Are you one of them people who nit pick every single detail?

Even if Dirk would have meant physical removal of the womb - I would rather bleed to death than have a baby.

Missus "

Not at all. But he mentioned it twice.

And then asked who are these people to tell us what we can and can't do with our bodies. Just as well such people exist eh!

But thanks for clearing that up that he didn't literally mean what he said twice.

By *urvySingleLadyWoman  over a year ago

Limerick/Galway

"You shouldn’t use a pandemic to lay down opinions on such a sensitive & delicate topic. You can’t compare one to another. i can write whatever I want

Of course you can. And others can make judgements on you because of that. i know, it’s freedom of speech "

I think it’s worth considering that just because you CAN say something, doesn’t always mean you should. Something for all of us to remember when we’re talking in an environment like this I think.

Belfast

There are other options.

Omg he was exaggerating.

Missus

Not at all. But he mentioned it twice.

And then asked who are these people to tell us what we can and can't do with our bodies. Just as well such people exist eh!

But thanks for clearing that up that he didn't literally mean what he said twice. "

Its like when i say ive been neutered. I don't actually mean have my balls took out. But thanks for counting anyway. Dirk

Newtownabbey

Missus

That is one of the most horrendous things I've read on here

There are 2 private gynae clinics in the Northern Trust area that offer laparascopic sterilisations. Happy to give you their numbers

Is that your opinion?

Belfast

Is that your opinion? "

Belfast

"Even if Dirk would have meant physical removal of the womb - I would rather bleed to death than have a baby.

Missus

There are 2 private gynae clinics in the Northern Trust area that offer laparascopic sterilisations. Happy to give you their numbers "

Missus actually loves children. I have 3 from a previous relationship. What she meant is that the thought of being pregnant and having a child inside her grosses her out more than any other thing on this planet. If someone isnt mentally wired for it then they just aren't. Dirk

Newtownabbey

"Even if Dirk would have meant physical removal of the womb - I would rather bleed to death than have a baby.

Missus

There are 2 private gynae clinics in the Northern Trust area that offer laparascopic sterilisations. Happy to give you their numbers

Missus actually loves children. I have 3 from a previous relationship. What she meant is that the thought of being pregnant and having a child inside her grosses her out more than any other thing on this planet. If someone isnt mentally wired for it then they just aren't. Dirk"

Absolutely, of course not every woman wants children but to prefer death to it....

Belfast

Missus

Missus actually loves children. I have 3 from a previous relationship. What she meant is that the thought of being pregnant and having a child inside her grosses her out more than any other thing on this planet. If someone isnt mentally wired for it then they just aren't. Dirk

Absolutely, of course not every woman wants children but to prefer death to it.... "

The fear is real..... trust me

Belfast

Missus

Absolutely, of course not every woman wants children but to prefer death to it.... "

What Dirk said as well as the fact that a child is a lifetime commitment. I can not see myself being remotely happy in any way raising a child. Your life is never yours anymore. You don't live to live a life, you live to raise a child. To me a lifetime of misery by doing what you most definitely do not want to do is not really worth the bother.

Yes, it may sound horrible, but this is why I take all precautions and have always been extremely transparent with all my partners about where I stand and that No, I will most certainly not change my mind about having kids.

As Dirk said - some people just aren't born to be parents. I'm one of them.

About phone numbers - appreciate the offer, yes please do share the numbers and I'll get there myself when the time is right.

Missus

By *eise68Man  over a year ago

newcastle

"It made perfect sense to me... "

Well said

It's none of your g0d-dammed business what *anyone* does with their body.

Who the living fook do you think you are passing judgment on anyone?

Who the living fook do you think you are passing judgment on anyone?"

pipe down grandpa

Who the living fook do you think you are passing judgment on anyone?"

pipe down grandpa

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

I'm adopted so had abortion been legal at the time I most likely wouldnt b here ...but I 100% support a woman's right to choose and have never judged my birth mother for giving me away it was,what was right for her and If that choice of abortion was available to her as odd as it sounds I'd want her to do what was best for her

By *omm000161Man  over a year ago

dublin

Jasus, Ive just realised the OP is from my birthplace.

I apologise to everyone. I thought we had grown up from being ignorant priest ridden gobshites, but clearly some women shaming throwbacks survive.

Hey op.

I reckon this thread has done nothing for you except get blocked by so many. I mean it's so easy to get blocked on here even by saying hi as it is. Let alone a serious topic.

There is no point of posting things of this nature. You won't change anyone's minds and no one will change yours.

"Hey op.

I reckon this thread has done nothing for you except get blocked by so many. I mean it's so easy to get blocked on here even by saying hi as it is. Let alone a serious topic.

There is no point of posting things of this nature. You won't change anyone's minds and no one will change yours. Ha ha, you are right there, I think I may as well just cut my losses now and leave fab, every second irish female profile I have clicked on has me blocked, but I like to speak my mind, I don’t bullshit women or they to say the clever thing just to be sweet and appease them, this is me if people don’t like me that’s their problem not mine, I still stand by what say , I have probably become the Donald trump of fab now except without his money and hair, lol

"

^

Yeah.

Fab is a mad place. It is folks let's be real!

You can get blocked for saying anything. I don't care anymore as I don't really mail people. But see the people who blocked you? They weren't going to meet you anyways. So fuck them.

"^

Yeah.

Fab is a mad place. It is folks let's be real!

You can get blocked for saying anything. I don't care anymore as I don't really mail people. But see the people who blocked you? They weren't going to meet you anyways. So fuck them. Ha ha , fuck them was all I wanted to do lol

"

By *exybabe1Woman  over a year ago

xxx

I’m so pleased you’ve blocked me just a pity I can still see you forum posts

I’m so pleased you’ve blocked me just a pity I can still see you forum posts "

Pretty sure your not ment to reply to people on here when they have you blocked

By *exybabe1Woman  over a year ago

xxx

Pretty sure your not ment to reply to people on here when they have you blocked"

Oh well I’ll be silenced for the weekend so

Pretty sure your not ment to reply to people on here when they have you blocked

Oh well I’ll be silenced for the weekend so "

By *reland8Man  over a year ago

sandyford

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

Here's one I won't be touching

Amazing the flame this has caused. And on a swingers site. It's as if there were lots of unwanted pregnancies that weren't "healthcare issues"...

Abortion is a choice, whatever ones opinion is it's down to the woman who is in the situation. We recently exited a lockdown (probably soon to enter another) where we alleged prevented X amount of deaths (ongoing debate over exact numbers) and I mean this with sympathies to whoever's lost people due to covid. But also look at cancer stats. 1 in 21 people worldwide die from covid which is a bad statistic in itself. But worldwide 1 in 2 die from some sort of cancer. Covid has delayed so many peoples treatment, 2 of which are very close to myself and will have severe reproductions due to this as they may be on the severe side of things if if continues to progress. But these statistics are currently overlooked. 19 million people are currently diagnosed and aware of their cancer worldwide each year with 9.6million unfortunately losing their fight. Covid so far in almost a year since the alleged November outbreak on wuhan has reached 12.4 million cases and 557k deaths. And although this is a scary stat in itself pales in comparison to the deaths from cancer. Now I understand you cant get cancer off a person sitting next to you in an office of pub. But it's still a stark contrast, and especially as you are mentioning abortion. Abortion is a choice, nobody chooses cancer or covid. Who did choose to ignore the women of ireland was dr tony holahan and his assistants and the cervical check scandal was let go. More men need to wise up to the fact there is more than men in this country and you may say every child has the right to life, yes they do. But so does every woman affected by cervical check scandal and every man woman and child affected by cancer. Covid will have a vaccine eventually. Cancer will not in all its forms.

» Add a new message to this topic