FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Godfather

Godfather

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sticking with the theme of using a famous movie as a thread title, Kaizer has gone for numero uno.

So does the role Godfather mean anything any more? Is it taken seriously?

Badda bing Badda boom

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We call my Dad The Bogfather as he loves the bog so much

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"We call my Dad The Bogfather as he loves the bog so much "

"Sticking with the theme of using a famous movie as a thread title, Kaizer has gone for numero uno.

Badda bing Badda boom "

The title "Godfather" has been demeaned and diluted by the media and lazy journalists trying to big up and sensationalise any organised crime.

It's bandied about too much in my opinion. A real Godfather should be untouchable in my opinion and respected by enemies just as much his own.

"Sticking with the theme of using a famous movie as a thread title, Kaizer has gone for numero uno.

Badda bing Badda boom

The title "Godfather" has been demeaned and diluted by the media and lazy journalists trying to big up and sensationalise any organised crime.

It's bandied about too much in my opinion. A real Godfather should be untouchable in my opinion and respected by enemies just as much his own. "

Kaizer's dichotomy is lost

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

I’m a godfather to one of my nephews. Traditionally speaking one of the roles of a godparent was to help and ensure that the child was brought up in the catholic faith, other religions may be the same but I don’t know. Now I’m a firm non believer so that is never going to happen.

Another role is if the parents are unable or unwilling to look after the child it could become guardian of the child. But I can’t see that happen either as there would be better candidates and also he has a brother so your unlikely to split them up and send to different godparents.

So for me, I think it’s just a ceremonial role and doesn’t mean anything. Just try and be the best uncle to both that I can.

somewhere

"I’m a godfather to one of my nephews. Traditionally speaking one of the roles of a godparent was to help and ensure that the child was brought up in the catholic faith, other religions may be the same but I don’t know. Now I’m a firm non believer so that is never going to happen.

Another role is if the parents are unable or unwilling to look after the child it could become guardian of the child. But I can’t see that happen either as there would be better candidates and also he has a brother so your unlikely to split them up and send to different godparents.

So for me, I think it’s just a ceremonial role and doesn’t mean anything. Just try and be the best uncle to both that I can. "

It also means that you have to buy your Godchild the best present on birthdays and Christmas every year and saving bonds when baptised

cork

"I’m a godfather to one of my nephews. Traditionally speaking one of the roles of a godparent was to help and ensure that the child was brought up in the catholic faith, other religions may be the same but I don’t know. Now I’m a firm non believer so that is never going to happen.

So for me, I think it’s just a ceremonial role and doesn’t mean anything. Just try and be the best uncle to both that I can.

It also means that you have to buy your Godchild the best present on birthdays and Christmas every year and saving bonds when baptised "

I have been reminded of this on many occasions. And I get the biggest most awkward present I can do I can piss off his father at the same time

It also means that you have to buy your Godchild the best present on birthdays and Christmas every year and saving bonds when baptised

I have been reminded of this on many occasions. And I get the biggest most awkward present I can do I can piss off his father at the same time "

Good sham Ger and did you make him an offer he couldn't refuse?!

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

While not official, I've taken on a sort of Godfather role to my ex's daughter, with the blessing of my ex.

She refers to me as her daughter's Godfather.

We broke up on good terms 5 years ago, have remained friends, and I still care for both of them dearly, so it's a nice way for me to still have some involvement with her daughter.

She's a teenager now so I don't see or hear from her much, but if she ever needs me in the future I'll be there in a jiffy

"While not official, I've taken on a sort of Godfather role to my ex's daughter, with the blessing of my ex.

We broke up on good terms 5 years ago, have remained friends, and I still care for both of them dearly, so it's a nice way for me to still have some involvement with her daughter.

She's a teenager now so I don't see or hear from her much, but if she ever needs me in the future I'll be there in a jiffy"

Would you be invited to her house for a cup of coffee G-Dogg?

Shit! Thats what G stands for isn't it?!

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

"While not official, I've taken on a sort of Godfather role to my ex's daughter, with the blessing of my ex.

She's a teenager now so I don't see or hear from her much, but if she ever needs me in the future I'll be there in a jiffy

Would you be invited to her house for a cup of coffee G-Dogg?

Shit! Thats what G stands for isn't it?!

"

Aye, you've cracked it

cork

Have you been asked to take on this noble role OP?

I have been reminded of this on many occasions. And I get the biggest most awkward present I can do I can piss off his father at the same time "

Haha, same here. The likes of whistles and kazoos are also good presents to annoy the dad lol

"Have you been asked to take on this noble role OP? "

Not at present Ger, a counterpart was discussing the responsibility involved!

It's true Kaizer has a lot of friends, but they wouldn't be so friendly if they knew his business was drugs instead of gambling which they consider a harmless vice. But drugs, that's a dirty business.

Badda bing Badda boom

It's bandied about too much in my opinion. A real Godfather should be untouchable in my opinion and respected by enemies just as much his own.

Kaizer's dichotomy is lost

"

Oh THAT Godfather role......

Yeah it's bullshit

It doesn't mean a damn thing. While my children all have godparents - all but one extended family members, my ex and I made wills nominating guardians for our kids should we both die before they reached majority. My own godfather I never had much connection with, he was the husband of an aunt.

somewhere

We all remember when you had a big family that one of ye always got godparents that gave crap presents.

My younger brother got a pair of slippers from his every year for Christmas/ birthday present as his birthday is Dec 22th

By *urvySingleLadyWoman  over a year ago

Limerick/Galway

"Have you been asked to take on this noble role OP?

It's true Kaizer has a lot of friends, but they wouldn't be so friendly if they knew his business was drugs instead of gambling which they consider a harmless vice. But drugs, that's a dirty business.

"

I just watched it the other night for the first time. I preferred the book.

I just watched it the other night for the first time. I preferred the book. "

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns

I just watched it the other night for the first time. I preferred the book.

In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns "

I don't like violence. I'm a businessman, and blood is a big expense.

Kaizer don't care how many dago guinea wop greaseball goombahs come out of the woodwork!

Well let me tell you something my Kraut-mick friend. I'm gonna make so much trouble for you, you won't know what hit you!

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Sauerkraut?

"Sauerkraut?"

No

» Add a new message to this topic