FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Travel

Travel

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man  over a year ago

Tipperary

Airports and ports open is needed for economy supplies but why in gods name is normal travel allowed in and out of the country can someone explain? It seems an easy thing to close down but they wont do it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

The american tourist stories over the weekend is very worrying and I've just read that 5 flights are due in tomorrow

Morning from America

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The government is afraid of upsetting Trump by stopping flights from the US

somewhere

The Americans have banned us anyway

I can understand why the flights are running

Irish people returning and pharmaceutical companies need the connections

However if you are due into Ireland as a tourist for less than 14 days your holiday should be cancelled

If you're due to stay longer then you should be put into Citywest hotel in Quarantine for 14 days

By *ommando4Man  over a year ago

South Co. Dublin

"The Americans have banned us anyway

However if you are due into Ireland as a tourist for less than 14 days your holiday should be cancelled

If you're due to stay longer then you should be put into Citywest hotel in Quarantine for 14 days "

Exactly this...current advisory status is just madness

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"The Americans have banned us anyway

If you're due to stay longer then you should be put into Citywest hotel in Quarantine for 14 days Exactly this...current advisory status is just madness "

have to agree with this too. It makes little sense.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

It is completely incomprehensible why we're allowing Americans to visit Ireland at this stage, especially with the surging figures they're having. Every citizen has made sacrifices to get those numbers down where they are now. Why do we jeopardise those efforts for a few tourist dollars? Utter madness.

This is the perfect time for the World to come together to get rid of money, we could build a Star Trek type Eutophia where your personality and your career is your worth but you still need to have the intelligence and grades to do the important stuff, like medicine, engineering and all that.....can't be giving the Cletus' of the world those kind of jobs!!!

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

"Airports and ports open is needed for economy supplies but why in gods name is normal travel allowed in and out of the country can someone explain? It seems an easy thing to close down but they wont do it. "

Yeah tell me about it we are making decent progress then it all can be undone a very bizarre move indeed but why would any nut job go on holiday during a time like this in the 1st place

It's insane, and as usual I expect a decision about it in about a weeks time from the government to stop it.

Isn't it ironic that NY and Boston have banned flights from Texas but little old Ireland had a thousand welcomes for anyone.

I wouldn't like to be an American out and about in Ireland this week. I expect it's not going to be the land of a thousand welcomes they expected, and in fairness if they were stupid enough to think they could get away with coming and not isolating then I've no sympathy for them.

We'll be locked down fully again in weeks if they don't take action now.

L

somewhere

250 people a day arriving in from the states which is madness

Is it just me that thinks that since Leo and simon Harris switched jobs the urgently has gone out of the fight.

Its like FF are too busy fighting among themselves

"It's insane, and as usual I expect a decision about it in about a weeks time from the government to stop it.

Isn't it ironic that NY and Boston have banned flights from Texas but little old Ireland had a thousand welcomes for anyone.

I wouldn't like to be an American out and about in Ireland this week. I expect it's not going to be the land of a thousand welcomes they expected, and in fairness if they were stupid enough to think they could get away with coming and not isolating then I've no sympathy for them.

We'll be locked down fully again in weeks if they don't take action now.

L"

Listened to Matt Cooper's show this evening and the expert he had on was on about that , he said the paper in Houston Texas had 40 pages of death notices wtf

We have been politely told not allowed travel abroad in work and if we do mandatory 2 wks unpaid leave for self isolation.b

"250 people a day arriving in from the states which is madness

Is it just me that thinks that since Leo and simon Harris switched jobs the urgently has gone out of the fight.

Its like FF are too busy fighting among themselves "

Certainly the optics are not looking good. Immediate action travel from hot spots needs to be addressed.

L

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Now is the time to flood ur local TD with WTF mails asking why these air lines are allowed to land these tourists when we have a travel advisory of essential travel only. Which means people arriving for tourism should be turned around if their stay does not extend beyond 14 days sur looking at the same four walls can be done in texas as well as city west.

There should be a compulsory isolation in city west and a few more hotels around our ports and airports the cost of which shall be bourn by the traveler that would soon sort the genuine nessiary traveler from the tourist

west

The government is clearly stuck in la la land with this decision well look forward to going back to square one better stock up on the bog roll now while you can

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

The way some are commenting on this you'd swear that they expect the government to care about them or something.

When will you realize they don't give a shit about you.

west

Probably the exact reason I don't vote

on the hill NordWest of

I can't see my folks on the continent living in a country that has it pretty much under control but I will be loosing my covid-19 payment for the time staying there plus 2 weeks quarantine coming back. I fully accept the loss of covid-19 payment if I do so but it is a hard one to swallow when you see this happening.....

"I can't see my folks on the continent living in a country that has it pretty much under control but I will be loosing my covid-19 payment for the time staying there plus 2 weeks quarantine coming back. I fully accept the loss of covid-19 payment if I do so but it is a hard one to swallow when you see this happening..... "

It's crazy , I heard an English couple giving out about the restrictions here. They came here during week , I was astounded at their attitude to the whole thing.

somewhere

"I can't see my folks on the continent living in a country that has it pretty much under control but I will be loosing my covid-19 payment for the time staying there plus 2 weeks quarantine coming back. I fully accept the loss of covid-19 payment if I do so but it is a hard one to swallow when you see this happening..... "

So normally you can claim the dole for a 2 week holiday but if you travel now they say you're not available for work under quarantine so cut the payment..is that it

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"Now is the time to flood ur local TD with WTF mails asking why these air lines are allowed to land these tourists when we have a travel advisory of essential travel only. Which means people arriving for tourism should be turned around if their stay does not extend beyond 14 days sur looking at the same four walls can be done in texas as well as city west.

There should be a compulsory isolation in city west and a few more hotels around our ports and airports the cost of which shall be bourn by the traveler that would soon sort the genuine nessiary traveler from the tourist "

the government don't care at this stage, they are all jostling for power in their new jobs and are only thinking about money. Highly irresponsible.

west

"I can't see my folks on the continent living in a country that has it pretty much under control but I will be loosing my covid-19 payment for the time staying there plus 2 weeks quarantine coming back. I fully accept the loss of covid-19 payment if I do so but it is a hard one to swallow when you see this happening.....

It's crazy , I heard an English couple giving out about the restrictions here. They came here during week , I was astounded at their attitude to the whole thing. "

I would have simply turned around and told them to piss off back home if they don't like the rules

I think it should be made mandatory in all countries that you cannot board a plane without having a clear covid test carried out within 2 days prior to your flight, and quarantine yourself for those 2 days prior to the flight so that you don’t catch it, and have to produce evidence of a clear test at the airport before you get on the plane, like a covid passport

west

Yep good idea but clearly the government isn't really bothered what else explains this bizarre move

Lads it's not just Americans that are too blame either.

I went for a walk in my normal walking spot with my dog over the weekend. This place would attract campers from all over the UK and France. And I couldn't believe the amount of caravans tents an camper vans parked up. It was that bad I barely got a car space. The place was jammed packed. And yes the Rosslare port would be veey close too where I walk my dog so its obvious they are coming in on the ferrys. All UK and French reg plates on them I only seen 2 Irish reg campervans there unbelievable!!

on the hill NordWest of

"I can't see my folks on the continent living in a country that has it pretty much under control but I will be loosing my covid-19 payment for the time staying there plus 2 weeks quarantine coming back. I fully accept the loss of covid-19 payment if I do so but it is a hard one to swallow when you see this happening.....

So normally you can claim the dole for a 2 week holiday but if you travel now they say you're not available for work under quarantine so cut the payment..is that it "

Ah sure I understand they want people back to work and not holidaying abroad but you wouldn't expect to get slapped in the face at the same time.

» Add a new message to this topic