FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Wedding Proposal

Wedding Proposal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A man proposes to a woman with a receipt for her €70k loan being paid in full rather than a ring. She thanks him but says she still requires a ring before she says yes. What is she?

A. Unreasonable

B. Ungrateful

C. Smart

D. Stupid

E. Other ( Please describe)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

It depends on how she approaches it. I would guess a ring is a visible symbol that she's married and is something that she has always dreams of for herself. Perhaps she could suggest that she pays for the ring herself, or that they choose one that is not so expensive. Just because he did one very generous thing, shouldn't mean she doesn't get to wear a ring. I suspect a bit that you're not looking for a serious answer and you just want a "women just want money" responses though.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"A man proposes to a woman with a receipt for her €70k loan being paid in full rather than a ring. She thanks him but says she still requires a ring before she says yes. What is she?

A. Unreasonable

B. Ungrateful

C. Smart

D. Stupid

E. Other ( Please describe) "

None of the above.

He's cheap. He wants to marry her, her debt comes with her. He knows this and is merely trying to avoid buying a ring.

By *exydoctorsCouple  over a year ago

Galway/Clare

Maybe she would like the marriage proposal to be about her and a bit romantic rather than about money.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

So he asked her to marry him and hands her a receipt for a debt he paid off. I wonder what he would have done if she said no?

As for an answer to your question I really wouldn't know. Does it mean she has to be eternally grateful that he paid off this debt. Is it constantly going to be thrown in her face how he did that.

Is she someone who values possessions more than anything and wants a ring because of that or is it she wants a ring because of what it symbolises.

If it was me the ring would be irrelevant if I'm honest it would be how much I care about ths person would matter. Not getting a ring really wouldn't be an issue. Someone paying off a debt as a surprise that would be a bigger issue for me.

"A man proposes to a woman with a receipt for her €70k loan being paid in full rather than a ring. "

Ask not is the glass half full, or half empty ... but what's in the glass.

Ie... the loan was for 70k, but how much of it was left to pay?

Buy her a Halloween brack......

Simples

If you have a spare 70k to pay off someones loan you can manage another 5-10(I have no fucking clue how much an engagement ring costs) to make that moment feel like what everybody imagines it to be.

I could be going very cliché here but no girl runs into work on a Monday to show her friends the shiney paid in full receipt for her engagement.

"So he asked her to marry him and hands her a receipt for a debt he paid off. I wonder what he would have done if she said no?

As for an answer to your question I really wouldn't know. Does it mean she has to be eternally grateful that he paid off this debt. Is it constantly going to be thrown in her face how he did that.

Is she someone who values possessions more than anything and wants a ring because of that or is it she wants a ring because of what it symbolises.

If it was me the ring would be irrelevant if I'm honest it would be how much I care about ths person would matter. Not getting a ring really wouldn't be an issue. Someone paying off a debt as a surprise that would be a bigger issue for me. "

Have to agree with most of this. Paying off her debt without prior discussion is weird and somewhat proprietorial to me.

As for engagement rings, I personally don't see the point, didn't have one when I got engaged to my ex. For me a relationship is about mutual commitment, not having a rock to flash around.

By *ogladyWoman  over a year ago

The bog

I don't wear rings so the receipt will do me..

By *eter ClarkMan  over a year ago

Inverness

Hmmmm this triggers alarm bells for me. He sounds possessive and controlling. He hasn't communicated with her about anything. This is not a good sign if they are going to be in each others lives for some time to come. Where's the team work? A ring can be important to some girls. Especially if they have built up a picture around their engagement. Some alarm bells with her as well for accepting the loan repayment and only focusing on the ring.

but that said we only have a glimpse of the overall picture. We know nothing about these two people. Chemistry, previous chats, fears, experiences.

I hope that they will be very happy

By *ocketman99Man  over a year ago

fermanagh

"A man proposes to a woman with a receipt for her €70k loan being paid in full rather than a ring. She thanks him but says she still requires a ring before she says yes. What is she?

A. Unreasonable

B. Ungrateful

C. Smart

D. Stupid

CORRECT! (She deserves a ring)

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

D stupid

Don't get married. It's a trap.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"D stupid

Don't get married. It's a trap. "

Lol

"D stupid

Don't get married. It's a trap. "

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

She should run a mile.

By paying her debt and not buying a ring he's saying to her that because he's rich there are certain obligations he doesn't have to fulfill, and she should be happy to go along with it.

He's all about the power.

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

A. Unreasonable

B. Ungrateful

C. Smart

D. Stupid

E. Ends up on Judge Judy

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

I think if he is able to pay a substantial debt to help the person he loves then he is a very generous and caring person.

If however he paid it to coerce her into marrying him then he's only fooling himself.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

I’d be happy with a haribo ring

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

A. Unreasonable

B. Ungrateful

C. Smart

D. Stupid

Give me a pair of scissors, some glue and some glitter il make her a ring out of that receipt no problem

"

Give me a pair of scissors, some glue and some glitter il make her a ring out of that receipt no problem "

I think she is looking for some bling mate.

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

"

Give me a pair of scissors, some glue and some glitter il make her a ring out of that receipt no problem

I think she is looking for some bling mate. "

Ok hand me the tin foil then and some gold paint il throw in some stick on gems free of charge

By *akeitwildMan  over a year ago

dublin

A. Unreasonable

B. Ungrateful

C. Smart

D. Stupid

Traditional maybe.

Depends on the motive. Is paying the debt him saying "I love you, you are free of debt, You can do what you like but I'd like to have you as my wife." OR "I paid off your debts, I own you now!"

» Add a new message to this topic