FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Lunchtime

Lunchtime

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eralt80 OP   Man  over a year ago

cork

This morning I brought my own lunch to site instead of stopping at a shop on the way. This is a trend I hope to continue so I’m looking for ideas for lunch meals. I’d imagine the good old ham sandwich will get boring after a while.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uriousVoyeurMan  over a year ago

Northside

If you want something hot just put mustard on the ham. Koka noodles are tasty but not very healthy! Just chuck in some curry powder and chilli flakes before the hot water and you're good to go. Plenty of fruit too,keeps the edge off the hunger. Lunches can get a bit boring after a while though...just keep mixing things up. And a smaller lunch means you'll look forward to your dinner even more!!

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Get one of those food thermo flasks (but but a good one, not a cheapy one) and you can bring soups, pasta, curries, stews etc.

Alternatively do it like coal miners in the olden days and bring Cornish pasty with different fillings, they're easy enough to make and are delicious even when cold.

Finally try out new (vegetarian) fillings for your sambo such as Falafel, smoked tofu, (sundried) tomato & creamy goats cheese & rocket lettuce etc.

Northside

"Get one of those food thermo flasks (but but a good one, not a cheapy one) and you can bring soups, pasta, curries, stews etc.

Alternatively do it like coal miners in the olden days and bring Cornish pasty with different fillings, they're easy enough to make and are delicious even when cold.

Finally try out new (vegetarian) fillings for your sambo such as Falafel, smoked tofu, (sundried) tomato & creamy goats cheese & rocket lettuce etc. "

Not sure those thermo flasks work! I got one a few years ago, supposed to keep hot things hot and cold things cold! I put a choc ice and a coffee in it...should have seen the state of it at lunchtime!!!!!

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Get one of those food thermo flasks (but but a good one, not a cheapy one) and you can bring soups, pasta, curries, stews etc.

Finally try out new (vegetarian) fillings for your sambo such as Falafel, smoked tofu, (sundried) tomato & creamy goats cheese & rocket lettuce etc.

Not sure those thermo flasks work! I got one a few years ago, supposed to keep hot things hot and cold things cold! I put a choc ice and a coffee in it...should have seen the state of it at lunchtime!!!!! "

It's all a question of perspective, if you look at it as cold Chocolate Mocha, it did perfectly the job.

cork

"If you want something hot just put mustard on the ham. Koka noodles are tasty but not very healthy! Just chuck in some curry powder and chilli flakes before the hot water and you're good to go. Plenty of fruit too,keeps the edge off the hunger. Lunches can get a bit boring after a while though...just keep mixing things up. And a smaller lunch means you'll look forward to your dinner even more!! "

I had some red onion marmalade on the ham which had some chilli flakes in, not really a fan of mustard.

cork

Finally try out new (vegetarian) fillings for your sambo such as Falafel, smoked tofu, (sundried) tomato & creamy goats cheese & rocket lettuce etc. "

I hadn’t seen those flasks before, definitely something to look into

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

The Welsh version of the Cornish pastry is called the oggie it has a bigger folded crust that acted as a handle so you could eat it without get coal dust on it and just throw away the crust

cork

The Welsh version of the Cornish pastry is called the oggie it has a bigger folded crust that acted as a handle so you could eat it without get coal dust on it and just throw away the crust"

The crust is the best bit

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hummus and Mediterranean breads are nice addition , can add to spices/ season to your taste . Nice with chicken tikka or fish “ cold”

Or a small cheese platter with fresh grapes/ apples etc . Some pasta dishes are nice cold but again it’s personal choices / likes / dislikes .

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

I hadn’t seen those flasks before, definitely something to look into "

Try the Contigo Travel mugs . I find they are great. They come in different sizes so easily hold soup as well as other options for lunch. I have 2 and got my Newest one in Tesco's last week.

Northside

Not sure those thermo flasks work! I got one a few years ago, supposed to keep hot things hot and cold things cold! I put a choc ice and a coffee in it...should have seen the state of it at lunchtime!!!!!

It's all a question of perspective, if you look at it as cold Chocolate Mocha, it did perfectly the job. "

Now that made me laugh....

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Try some pasta salads Ger,very tasty for a light lunch !

The trick is to vary it everyday. Sambos do get boring, so I used to boil up a load of pasta .One day I would add chicken,others would be tuna, cold meats or veggies. Yse a bit of virgin olive oil instead of mayo. You can top it off with a bit of curry powder or paprika for a bit of a kick.Hope that helps.

By *onny26IrishMan  over a year ago

cork

Have you got a fridge or any cooking heating facilities on site? Or will be flask and lunch box scenario?

cork

"Have you got a fridge or any cooking heating facilities on site? Or will be flask and lunch box scenario?"

Flask at lunch box at the moment, whenever I get the inverter fitted in the van I’ll have power then.

Supermarkets sell those dry noodles with different flavour sachets, only take a couple of minutrs to heat up with hot water. They are grand.

» Add a new message to this topic