FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Verifications.. Do they make a big difference?

Verifications.. Do they make a big difference?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

You get a first message, it piques your interest.. You check their profile.. Verified, real pictures and all looks well

Few messages are exchanged so you delve further into their verifications and you notice they have been verified by someone you view as an instant 'no no'

What do you do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Slowly and politely kill the conversation.

Although I do always check all the veris before I reply as part of a precaution. You find many interesting things....

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's rare that it happens but when it does I just usually tell them how I won't meet them. It would also depend on how recent a veri it is.

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Trust your gut OP. If there is any doubt, it’s time to move on.

"What do you do? "

Call Kaizer

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"You get a first message, it piques your interest.. You check their profile.. Verified, real pictures and all looks well

Few messages are exchanged so you delve further into their verifications and you notice they have been verified by someone you view as an instant 'no no'

What do you do? "

As in all going well but you spotted a verification from someone they were with that you would consider a definite no? Would that influence your desire to meet them because you dislike the other person? What if it was just a social meet?

I can see where you are coming from OP, just curious.

"You get a first message, it piques your interest.. You check their profile.. Verified, real pictures and all looks well

What do you do? As in all going well but you spotted a verification from someone they were with that you would consider a definite no? Would that influence your desire to meet them because you dislike the other person? What if it was just a social meet?

"

Yes.. Exactly, maybe i didn't explain myself very well lol

"What do you do?

Call Kaizer "

#1 speed dial

By *ecentguy321Man  over a year ago

nearby

What do you do? As in all going well but you spotted a verification from someone they were with that you would consider a definite no? Would that influence your desire to meet them because you dislike the other person? What if it was just a social meet?

Yes.. Exactly, maybe i didn't explain myself very well lol "

What would make you not like the other verifier?

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

Yes.. Exactly, maybe i didn't explain myself very well lol "

Not at all you put it very well.

Well I suppose you can't particularly judge someone completely on who they were with previously. You may not like the person giving the verification but you may like the person who received it. If you have deeper reasons as to why then of course I would say probably move on. And your perogative to explain or not as to why.

If it makes you uncomfortable then you'll know in your gut not for you.

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

What do you do? "

If you have an interest in someone then go and meet them and make up your own mind.

There is way too much politics involved on fab as regards meeting people, veries, group chats, recommendations etc.

All these factors could be actually preventing people from meeting others that they could possibly have a good time with.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"What do you do?

Call Kaizer

#1 speed dial "

Taxi to kaizer's gaf please.... the name's Rose

The verifications here are a farce, firstly the profile holder has control over what verifications to show, so never any bad verifications made public.

Secondly all you need is one verification, set up a second account and verify that and the second account verifies you.

Set up a third account and do same. And on and on.

I have never trusted verifications here, I dont have any and dont want any, I can make my own calls at this stage of life.

By *omtom7Man  over a year ago

Tralee

If it was their only Veri, then probably. But if they had a few from other fabbers then I'd probably give them a chance. My tip is check the verifications of the verifiers

I always check the veris, have chatted to guys before and they have been verified by a certain female I avoid. And if I'm asked why I straight out say it because such and such verified you. Usually get oh it was a social meet we didn't play. It's still a no as I'm here for a laugh not drama.

"I always check the veris, have chatted to guys before and they have been verified by a certain female I avoid. And if I'm asked why I straight out say it because such and such verified you. Usually get oh it was a social meet we didn't play. It's still a no as I'm here for a laugh not drama.

"

100% what she said.

If someone I want to avoid has met them already - they obviously had a strong enough connection to meet in a first place and I'd much rather stay out of any connections related to that circle.

There is no politics of any kind, just experiences to avoid.

By *man79Man  over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

Just bang away!! no need for drama. It not Eastenders

"Just bang away!! no need for drama. It not Eastenders "

Nobody likes to leave a snail trial

"What do you do?

Call Kaizer

#1 speed dial "

It's more about the type of people they meet than one particular individual. And we never tell anyone why we're not interested in meeting, certainly wouldn't be naming other individuals, discretion is key

I totally understand that people on here will only meet verified members but it’s very hard for new people to to gain trust and meet people

By *r MercMan  over a year ago

dublin

A well verified couple I am friendly with from here have had their account suspended because admin think they are just a single male so being verified doesent make any difference at all they are trying to resolve this with admin

Has this happened with any other couples on this site ??????????

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Why not maybe meet them and verify them

By *verage Joe BlackMan  over a year ago

Border Area

As with many debates on the forum, I can see a distinct difference here between what the guys think and what the ladies think.

It seems to me that the guys are scratching their heads and thinking “what’s the problem? That person meeting someone who is a “no no” (more on that later) is nothing to do with me, I’m more interested in our meet”.

The ladies responses however are more intriguing. There seems to be a united front of “no, that’s the potential encounter ended”. Why, specifically?

First of all, no one has yet explained or justified what “no no” or “I don’t want drama” means. What has a potential meet who you clicked with got to do with a past meet that either of you had?

Do you mean that you have something to hide that this “no no” person knows about and you don’t want the potential meet to maybe find out? Are you scared that the potential meet will talk with the “no no” person about you? Or is it a confidence thing where the “no no” person intimidates you somehow?

I just don’t see the logic. There are very few “real life” friends on here, and everyone is careful to protect their normal lives, so how is going to meet someone who has met other people from this site going to impact you?

I hope this doesn’t come across as an attack on anyone - it’s not meant to, and I’m certainly speaking in general terms - just struggling to understand why it matters..? It’s just a meet for some fun with someone you clicked with - it’s nothing to do with anyone else..!

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"A well verified couple I am friendly with from here have had their account suspended because admin think they are just a single male so being verified doesent make any difference at all they are trying to resolve this with admin

Has this happened with any other couples on this site ??????????"

I've never seen this happen to a real couple.. I've seen this happen to plenty of fake couples though

East / North, Cork

"The verifications here are a farce, firstly the profile holder has control over what verifications to show, so never any bad verifications made public.

Secondly all you need is one verification, set up a second account and verify that and the second account verifies you.

Set up a third account and do same. And on and on.

I have never trusted verifications here, I dont have any and dont want any, I can make my own calls at this stage of life.

"

No.. You can't actually do this. There are controls in place. Fab picks up stuff like this.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've seen single profiles that were previously verified as a couple but one half of the couple is no longer active or the couple have split up but they still display the old veris.

That would be a no no for me as I disagree with this approach.

East / North, Cork

What do you do? "

That depends on why the person who verified them are a no-no. If its because they are known to be a fake then I wouldn't risk it. It I just didn't fancy them then that wouldn't put me off.

By *obbym522000Man  over a year ago

Galway

at the end of the day, if you're uneasy about continuing to chat with someone, ceasing is the right decision, full stop.

the veris are only a tool to help you along the way with this.

By *onerrrMan  over a year ago

Northsideee

[Removed by poster at 07/08/20 07:36:26]

Northsideee

Great points was thinking the same

Northsideee

Great points was thinking the same

"at the end of the day, if you're uneasy about continuing to chat with someone, ceasing is the right decision, full stop.

the veris are only a tool to help you along the way with this."

That's it in a nutshell really, isn't it?

By *eminexWoman  over a year ago

some where in outer space

I read verifications to a point but we all know thy can be made more wonderful then you are ...

I don't know anyone enough not to like them so can't say I'd be turned off ....I like to make my own connection with someone not on some one else's vefi

By *man79Man  over a year ago

newry dundalk. warrenpoint

"I read verifications to a point but we all know thy can be made more wonderful then you are ...

I don't know anyone enough not to like them so can't say I'd be turned off ....I like to make my own connection with someone not on some one else's vefi"

You can read ? And your a ride. My kind of woman

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

I'm a grown up. I make my own mind up about people on their own merits not what some random stranger has said about them.

By *ecentguy321Man  over a year ago

nearby

"I'm a grown up. I make my own mind up about people on their own merits not what some random stranger has said about them. "

This.

East / North, Cork

"I'm a grown up. I make my own mind up about people on their own merits not what some random stranger has said about them. "

Sure you can make up your own mind when you meet someone... but verifications are a tool that helps the selection process as to who folks meet in person. There is precious little info on a profile that the Individual themselves hasn't manipulated... apart from verifications.

"I'm a grown up. I make my own mind up about people on their own merits not what some random stranger has said about them.

Sure you can make up your own mind when you meet someone... but verifications are a tool that helps the selection process as to who folks meet in person. There is precious little info on a profile that the Individual themselves hasn't manipulated... apart from verifications. "

Which are manipulated from point of view that the profile owner has selectively chosen to display them or not (pre-covid)

"I'm a grown up. I make my own mind up about people on their own merits not what some random stranger has said about them.

Sure you can make up your own mind when you meet someone... but verifications are a tool that helps the selection process as to who folks meet in person. There is precious little info on a profile that the Individual themselves hasn't manipulated... apart from verifications. "

Eh, the content of veris is generally bullshit

Tuam

So, what you're are saying is some grown ups need help to make up their own minds about someone.....I'd rather not meet those that need that kinda help

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Veris are an important source of information. However I don't think I've ever dismissed someone because of who has verified/met them. I think that's just fab kindergarten. I can understand, and I think that's the exception here, when peeps avoid someone who has met a serial barebacker. But to dodge a fabber because he/she has met someone you don't like, that's just sad imo.

And I truly hope that the gents I've met don't experience any disadvantages because they've met lil wrinkly me.

It doesn't make any sense making a call on someone because they met someone you would consider a no or who you personally didn't get along with.

Jim met Jane, Jane and I had a falling out or she said something horrible to me so I'm not meeting him... Zero sense right there

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's not about what the veri said it's more about how certain people react when they find out you met someone they have met before sometimes there's more drama than it's worth.

It hasn't happened to me but did happen to a really good friend of mine on here a woman who had previously met someone who my friend then met after caused more agro and drama after because of jealousy I presuame. It got ridiculous including her contacting anyone who veried my friend after and making up complete lies.She had hidden her veris after it started but anytime she would see veris on guys profiles from my friend. This went in for months. All because she met one guy for a coffee once.The guy left fab because my friend was not the only woman it happened to. Anyone he met ended up getting grief if this woman found out.

So ye because of stuff like this I don't meet someone who is veried by people like her. There's no need for drama like that but it happens. And it's not worth it.

East / North, Cork

Sure you can make up your own mind when you meet someone... but verifications are a tool that helps the selection process as to who folks meet in person. There is precious little info on a profile that the Individual themselves hasn't manipulated... apart from verifications.

So, what you're are saying is some grown ups need help to make up their own minds about someone.....I'd rather not meet those that need that kinda help"

Err yeah... We are interested in what other grownups have to say. You'd be mad not to when there is a lack of other objective information

East / North, Cork

Eh, the content of veris is generally bullshit"

Sure you have to take with a pinch of salt and read between the lines... But the DO show that they turned up, that they probably aren't dangerous, that they weren't a total dickhead. The useful info is limited, but it's still useful.

Belfast

Sure you have to take with a pinch of salt and read between the lines... But the DO show that they turned up, that they probably aren't dangerous, that they weren't a total dickhead. The useful info is limited, but it's still useful. "

Although there seem to be a lot "turning up" and having lots of fun even when giving cam veris.

East / North, Cork

Sure you have to take with a pinch of salt and read between the lines... But the DO show that they turned up, that they probably aren't dangerous, that they weren't a total dickhead. The useful info is limited, but it's still useful.

Although there seem to be a lot "turning up" and having lots of fun even when giving cam veris. "

I would always try and report dodgy looking verifications. It's not a perfect system but it's better than nothing.

Abort

"As with many debates on the forum, I can see a distinct difference here between what the guys think and what the ladies think.

It seems to me that the guys are scratching their heads and thinking “what’s the problem? That person meeting someone who is a “no no” (more on that later) is nothing to do with me, I’m more interested in our meet”.

The ladies responses however are more intriguing. There seems to be a united front of “no, that’s the potential encounter ended”. Why, specifically?

First of all, no one has yet explained or justified what “no no” or “I don’t want drama” means. What has a potential meet who you clicked with got to do with a past meet that either of you had?

Do you mean that you have something to hide that this “no no” person knows about and you don’t want the potential meet to maybe find out? Are you scared that the potential meet will talk with the “no no” person about you? Or is it a confidence thing where the “no no” person intimidates you somehow?

I just don’t see the logic. There are very few “real life” friends on here, and everyone is careful to protect their normal lives, so how is going to meet someone who has met other people from this site going to impact you?

I hope this doesn’t come across as an attack on anyone - it’s not meant to, and I’m certainly speaking in general terms - just struggling to understand why it matters..? It’s just a meet for some fun with someone you clicked with - it’s nothing to do with anyone else..! "

Logic is: a few women I know including myself getting hate mail from blank profiles which get swiftly deleted after you open the message. New profiles getting created using our pictures (happened to me once, I know someone who had 4-5 profiles appear on a daily basis, all of them having most horrible things to say). People you verify or who verify you get messages telling them "in private" to go get tested as they know someone who contracted an sti from a meet with us (personally never even had an sti and normally it turns out I have never even spoken to "infected" individuals but hey. Even better- suddenly a rumour pops up that you're an escort as well as a lovely profile on an escort site also with your photos being used.

All of this only because you may have met someone who they liked a little too much and now are on a mission to get you off fab and away from their crush.

This is what we mean when we say we want to avoid drama.

Your logic of "have something to hide" is plausible too as sometimes we all see our family members like cousins and nieces and what not being on here so I'm sure it just wouldn't feel right meeting someone who your auntie slept with last week and said he had a stamina of a Greek god.

Tuam

So, what you're are saying is some grown ups need help to make up their own minds about someone.....I'd rather not meet those that need that kinda help

Err yeah... We are interested in what other grownups have to say. You'd be mad not to when there is a lack of other objective information "

Personally I'd have enough intelligence to make up my own mind about people, the same as I do in all areas of my life. I wouldn't be depending on some waffle online.

East / North, Cork

So you'd base all your knowledge of this person on what they say about themselves, and ignore what others who have met them say. Whatever works for you.

"As with many debates on the forum, I can see a distinct difference here between what the guys think and what the ladies think.

I hope this doesn’t come across as an attack on anyone - it’s not meant to, and I’m certainly speaking in general terms - just struggling to understand why it matters..? It’s just a meet for some fun with someone you clicked with - it’s nothing to do with anyone else..!

Logic is: a few women I know including myself getting hate mail from blank profiles which get swiftly deleted after you open the message. New profiles getting created using our pictures (happened to me once, I know someone who had 4-5 profiles appear on a daily basis, all of them having most horrible things to say). People you verify or who verify you get messages telling them "in private" to go get tested as they know someone who contracted an sti from a meet with us (personally never even had an sti and normally it turns out I have never even spoken to "infected" individuals but hey. Even better- suddenly a rumour pops up that you're an escort as well as a lovely profile on an escort site also with your photos being used.

All of this only because you may have met someone who they liked a little too much and now are on a mission to get you off fab and away from their crush.

This is what we mean when we say we want to avoid drama.

Your logic of "have something to hide" is plausible too as sometimes we all see our family members like cousins and nieces and what not being on here so I'm sure it just wouldn't feel right meeting someone who your auntie slept with last week and said he had a stamina of a Greek god.

"

Where's this Greek god?

I have had abuse over my veris, and unfortunately guys and gals judge on them. I've been accused of been fairly active on fab by the number of veris I have. I have spoken bro guys who have been "warned off me" by a fab user and received abuse/snide comments by fab users because they have formed an opinion of me because of the same fab user. So when it comes to veris I will remain to avoid anyone that has met certain fab user.

"So you'd base all your knowledge of this person on what they say about themselves, and ignore what others who have met them say. Whatever works for you. "

Personally I'd trust my own judgement over that of randomers online.

Tuam

"So you'd base all your knowledge of this person on what they say about themselves, and ignore what others who have met them say. Whatever works for you. "

No. If I had an interest in someone I would explore that and make up my own mind about them. I wouldn't just dismiss them because they have been verified by someone I don't like.

Why would I believe what others say about them??? I'd rather find out for myself about the person.

"So you'd base all your knowledge of this person on what they say about themselves, and ignore what others who have met them say. Whatever works for you.

No. If I had an interest in someone I would explore that and make up my own mind about them. I wouldn't just dismiss them because they have been verified by someone I don't like.

Why would I believe what others say about them??? I'd rather find out for myself about the person."

You clearly didn't read what we had to say and are still going by "Just because someone doesn't like someone".

It goes much much deeper than like or dislike.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I of course check veries, it gives some insight into what kind of person you're dealing with. I then make up my own mind. Listening to reliable people also helps.

The "others" that met them can easily lie or spread rumours just as much. It works both ways.

I had a coffee with a woman before who noticed a verification from a guy on our profile, she had a bad interaction with him through messages but Mrs never had an issue with him at all and they had met a good few times. I had a different woman say some pretty crappy things about people who I have never met but I'm not going to form an opinion based on what one what person is saying.

East / North, Cork

"So you'd base all your knowledge of this person on what they say about themselves, and ignore what others who have met them say. Whatever works for you.

Why would I believe what others say about them??? I'd rather find out for myself about the person."

Neither would I dismiss anyone if they were verified by someone I don't like.. but if there were 2 similarly good profiles, and one of them had a handful of really good verifications from reliable looking profiles, and the other had none, then I know who I would contact to find out more from.

The "others" that met them can easily lie or spread rumours just as much. It works both ways.

I had a coffee with a woman before who noticed a verification from a guy on our profile, she had a bad interaction with him through messages but Mrs never had an issue with him at all and they had met a good few times. I had a different woman say some pretty crappy things about people who I have never met but I'm not going to form an opinion based on what one what person is saying. "

Pity other people don't think that way. I like to give people a chance and make up my own opinion on them. What suits me might not suit another person. I've had guys judge me because of a certain fab user.

East / North, Cork

I'd see them as just another factor to take into account, with positives and negatives in terms of effectiveness, but a factor that can help decision making for sure.

Tuam

Why would I believe what others say about them??? I'd rather find out for myself about the person.

You clearly didn't read what we had to say and are still going by "Just because someone doesn't like someone".

It goes much much deeper than like or dislike. "

Who is "we"?? You are posting from a singles profile.

If someone has had issues with, fallen out with, or dislikes someone I will not let it influence my opinions of the other person.

There is always more than one side to a story.

If someone has had issues with, fallen out with, or dislikes someone I will not let it influence my opinions of the other person.

There is always more than one side to a story."

Myself, devinedestiny and justBo. 3 people have listed legitimate reasons why you would avoid certain people. Nothing to do with likes or dislikes.

Tuam

Neither would I dismiss anyone if they were verified by someone I don't like.. but if there were 2 similarly good profiles, and one of them had a handful of really good verifications from reliable looking profiles, and the other had none, then I know who I would contact to find out more from. "

I would treat both profiles the same. I can't see any reason to give preference to a profile that has "really good verifications from reliable looking profiles"

This is what I have always done and it has worked very well for me.

I have no dramatic tales to tell about fakes, being stood up, receiving abusive mail etc. etc. etc........

Border Area

I think everyone is missing something here. Most verifications on fab are cringeworthy, banal nonsense, or both. Personally I ignore the text. I don’t want to read things like “she’s one in a million”, “don’t miss her”, “treat her with respect”. Oh f**k off..!

What purpose do they serve? DH already said it above: they give you an indicator that if someone says they will meet you, then they will actually turn up. And that’s it.

I don’t agree with those above who believe that they will shed some light on the personality of the person and make it more likely to be a “safer meet”.

Why? Simple. How many reading this met someone in real life in a club or bar and went home with them? Did you ask for verifications? Did they have any? How did you make your decision? So to Tors point above: you make your decision based on your interactions with them and you use your judgement. And it’s no different on fab.

Verifications? Used as badges of honor by many, false indicators of trust by others, voyeuristic material by some and a holy grail by those that don’t have them.

Use them for what they can only really tell us. The person actually tuned up for a meet(s) and so won’t leave you sitting looking at your watch.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

when it comes to verifications i take on board what they say but i see how things go myself through messages. Verifications are not a guarantee someone will show up. We had been messaging two guys who were verified. messages were going well, they suggested meeting, organised babysitter, the lot, then silence. one blocked us and we didnt hear from the other one. I chalk it down to a lesson learned and will be more careful in future as to whom we plan our scarce time with

The 'you' that you perceive doesn't exist.

Everyone you have interacted with in life see a particular 'you'

None of these perceptions of 'you' are the same. Some could be similar , others poles apart.

So when it comes to verifications (a bad one I am yet so come across) , each is the perception of 'you' that one person/couple put in words.

So i suppose what I'm trying to say is, you can only perceive who someone is and make a judgement on whether this person is worth interacting with by interacting with them.

Relying on someone else's perceived notion of a given fabber is a cop out. Heard mentality is at play there

East / North, Cork

"The 'you' that you perceive doesn't exist.

None of these perceptions of 'you' are the same. Some could be similar , others poles apart.

So when it comes to verifications (a bad one I am yet so come across) , each is the perception of 'you' that one person/couple put in words.

So i suppose what I'm trying to say is, you can only perceive who someone is and make a judgement on whether this person is worth interacting with by interacting with them.

Relying on someone else's perceived notion of a given fabber is a cop out. Heard mentality is at play there"

It's impossible to interact with everyone who mails us. We get too much mail. We go by what's on the profile (incl the veris) to decide who to interact with.

I always read veris before meeting a guy. Find it strange if he said no to displaying them for me.

I check who's verified them before I even get chatting much. And if there's a definite no person amongst their veries, then I'd be bring it to a swift end. Reasons? Known barebackers would be an obvious one. Total arseholes another. Profiles distasteful enough that I've made a private note about them. E is less judgey than me though

So a question to put to the ladies.

What is a 'no no'

My mind can fathom the obvious 'no no'.If you had knowledge of say a particular 'no no' who practiced unsafe sex or was repeatedly luring in sti's and a particular interesting person was verified by them.

It has happened to me on a previous profile. On first reply i was told that I was that said 'no no' because of a verification i'd received. My first fab verification may i add.

Seems i became a 'no no' because previously and before I was a member, these too ladies had issues over another man.

Why should that reflect on me? Seemed like juvenile nonsense to me.I moved on and respectfully thanked her for the reply.

Relying on someone else's perceived notion of a given fabber is a cop out. Heard mentality is at play there

It's impossible to interact with everyone who mails us. We get too much mail. We go by what's on the profile (incl the veris) to decide who to interact with. "

I should gave referenced the Op. They were interacting before the 'no no' popped up. I just don't think its fair to then become the 'no no' in the eyes of someone who you been getting along with.

I also understand that when people drop their gaurds,they can choose when and why those guards go back up. Simply their choice.

Somewhere in Co. Down

Relying on someone else's perceived notion of a given fabber is a cop out. Heard mentality is at play there"

Well if you read my explanation why i avoid certain people it has absolutely nothing to do with herd mentality at all. A lot more to do with avoiding drama and bull.

May not be the person who is chattings fault I'm not judging them for meeting the person. But it's still not worth what follows.

By *atience178Couple  over a year ago

Dublin

It would totally depend on why we considered the other profile a definite no no. If it was just because they were smokers for example or maybe they didn’t reply to us then it wouldn’t be an issue. If it was because they had advertised previously looking for a bare back gangbang then it definitely would be.

Tuam

Myself, devinedestiny and justBo. 3 people have listed legitimate reasons why you would avoid certain people. Nothing to do with likes or dislikes.

"

I don't see any legitimate reasons. All I see is judgments, jealousy and bitterness and mainly through second hand information...he said, she said blah, blah,blah

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Theres a some people on here that I'd admire and respect

If they had a veri with a person that wanted to meet me then that would be a plus for that person in my eyes.

Equally I saw some of the drama and hysterics between certain women during the time I spend in chat groups on the other app.

I remember one woman fucking another woman out of it because she was pissed off that woman was flirting with a man that she'd already slept with.

I can certainly understand why women would block someone who has slept with another woman who gives them grief....life is too damn short

I don't see any legitimate reasons. All I see is judgments, jealousy and bitterness and mainly through second hand information...he said, she said blah, blah,blah"

So you dont judge people by someone else's opinion of them? I'm sorry but I'm calling bs on that one.

Tuam

I don't see any legitimate reasons. All I see is judgments, jealousy and bitterness and mainly through second hand information...he said, she said blah, blah,blah

So you dont judge people by someone else's opinion of them? I'm sorry but I'm calling bs on that one. "

No I don't.

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 07/08/20 17:00:10]

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't see any legitimate reasons. All I see is judgments, jealousy and bitterness and mainly through second hand information...he said, she said blah, blah,blah"

In my situation I saw first hand how bad it can get as I saw some of the stuff this woman was sending people she was alao trying to find out my friends name address and phone number. It was one the reasons my friend left fab and hasnt returned. So no I won't meet anyone veried by her as that sort of drama I can do without.

What do you do? "

Do what you think is right for you. Maybe it was just a social they had or even if they had fun. Maybe by ruling him out because he met another person once you are missing out on a good one and as one guy messaged me re this thread you just never know. We can all make mistakes or have regrets on who we meet on here or even in real life.

Grab a coffee with him and make up your own mind x

Tuam

In my situation I saw first hand how bad it can get as I saw some of the stuff this woman was sending people she was alao trying to find out my friends name address and phone number. It was one the reasons my friend left fab and hasnt returned. So no I won't meet anyone veried by her as that sort of drama I can do without. "

This is a typical example of what happens. We have one side of a second hand story and people are being judged who have been verified by someone involved in this kinda drama.

That why people should grow up and meet whoever they want and not judge people by their verifications.

Belfast

In my situation I saw first hand how bad it can get as I saw some of the stuff this woman was sending people she was alao trying to find out my friends name address and phone number. It was one the reasons my friend left fab and hasnt returned. So no I won't meet anyone veried by her as that sort of drama I can do without.

This is a typical example of what happens. We have one side of a second hand story and people are being judged who have been verified by someone involved in this kinda drama.

That why people should grow up and meet whoever they want and not judge people by their verifications. "

The person creating the drama is the one being judged so why would anyone want to bring that sort of shit down upon themselves?

I have been contacted a few months ago by a woman who has been verified numerous times by a male profile who I know for a fact is a troublemaker so for that reason among others I won't even chat to her never mind meet her.

This isn't second hand information btw. I've witnessed first hand this guy's attitude to women and the aggressive nature he adopts towards guys who don't fall into line and meet women under his rules.

The fact that he is 8 years younger now than he was when I first came across him 2 years ago is indicative of the way he manipulates.

Therefore if you've met this guy or been verified by him it's an immediate no no for me.

Tuam

That why people should grow up and meet whoever they want and not judge people by their verifications.

The person creating the drama is the one being judged so why would anyone want to bring that sort of shit down upon themselves?

I have been contacted a few months ago by a woman who has been verified numerous times by a male profile who I know for a fact is a troublemaker so for that reason among others I won't even chat to her never mind meet her.

This isn't second hand information btw. I've witnessed first hand this guy's attitude to women and the aggressive nature he adopts towards guys who don't fall into line and meet women under his rules.

The fact that he is 8 years younger now than he was when I first came across him 2 years ago is indicative of the way he manipulates.

Therefore if you've met this guy or been verified by him it's an immediate no no for me. "

Read the thread again. People are being judged by who they have been verified by not by what they have done.

I'm not talking about the people that have created the drama.

Belfast

Therefore if you've met this guy or been verified by him it's an immediate no no for me.

Read the thread again. People are being judged by who they have been verified by not by what they have done.

I'm not talking about the people that have created the drama. "

I've read the thread thanks.

As has been said over and over again on fab everyone is free to run their profile as they see fit.

Some pay no heed to verifications and are happy to meet anyone they are attracted to regardless of who they have met before.

Some use verifications as a way of confirming their own opinions on a person and that can be a positive.

Some are happy to meet blank profiles because they feel it's their only hope of meeting anyone.

Some will only meet people who are popular because that enhances the mystique that surrounds them and gets them in with the in crowd.

Some will meet and feel the need to shout from the rooftops or recommend them to friends.

Others will fly under the radar and meet quietly and discreetly without the broadcast rights.

All in all people use their own judgement and have their own methods of passing judgement but when it comes down to it, it has fuck all to do with anyone else how a person controls who they meet.

Second hand information may be one of those ways but it doesn't mean it's wrong and if anyone feels uncomfortable with something they see on a profile on in a private message then they should be free to walk away from that situation.

Border Area

Ok, since verifications seem to be way too controversial at this time I suggest we scrap them and introduce a new system. It’s simple:

For the ladies, they need to take part in a bukkake (since there’s around 10 guys for 1 lady in fab anyway)

For the guys, they need to strip naked, tie some bacon around their cock, and see if they can outpace a hungry Jack Russell down the main street of their nearest town.

Fair?

"Ok, since verifications seem to be way too controversial at this time I suggest we scrap them and introduce a new system. It’s simple:

For the ladies, they need to take part in a bukkake (since there’s around 10 guys for 1 lady in fab anyway)

For the guys, they need to strip naked, tie some bacon around their cock, and see if they can outpace a hungry Jack Russell down the main street of their nearest town.

Fair?"

Do the 10 guys come with verifications?? Asking for a friend

Belfast

"Ok, since verifications seem to be way too controversial at this time I suggest we scrap them and introduce a new system. It’s simple:

Fair?"

You want to talk about controversy???

What a waste of good bacon

Tuam

Fair?"

No, cos I don't like the Jack Russell that verified you

Border Area

Fair?

Do the 10 guys come with verifications?? Asking for a friend "

Well, they may be out of breath and a few of them may not have been able to beat the Jack Russell, so I wouldn’t worry about being showered...

Border Area

Fair?

You want to talk about controversy???

What a waste of good bacon "

Yeah, but tying a sausage to a sausage was just too cliché...

Border Area

Fair?

No, cos I don't like the Jack Russell that verified you "

Yeah, but he verified a few other guys I know and they’re all sound...

Tuam

Fair?

No, cos I don't like the Jack Russell that verified you

Yeah, but he verified a few other guys I know and they’re all sound... "

But that Jack Russell peed against a lamp post....and it wasn't watersports

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Most meets probably don't get verid, so I don't make a point of checking them.

[Removed by poster at 08/08/20 04:21:39]

"I think everyone is missing something here. Most verifications on fab are cringeworthy, banal nonsense, or both. Personally I ignore the text. I don’t want to read things like “she’s one in a million”, “don’t miss her”, “treat her with respect”. Oh f**k off..!

What purpose do they serve? DH already said it above: they give you an indicator that if someone says they will meet you, then they will actually turn up. And that’s it.

I don’t agree with those above who believe that they will shed some light on the personality of the person and make it more likely to be a “safer meet”.

Why? Simple. How many reading this met someone in real life in a club or bar and went home with them? Did you ask for verifications? Did they have any? How did you make your decision? So to Tors point above: you make your decision based on your interactions with them and you use your judgement. And it’s no different on fab.

Verifications? Used as badges of honor by many, false indicators of trust by others, voyeuristic material by some and a holy grail by those that don’t have them.

Use them for what they can only really tell us. The person actually tuned up for a meet(s) and so won’t leave you sitting looking at your watch."

Awesome post ..well said

By *murphMan  over a year ago

drogheda

I have met good people on here not everyone wants a be verified as they want to keep meets private and I respect that

By *ootykMan  over a year ago

lurgan

Judging someone on another's comments or not meeting because they've met someone you think you don't like. Its a bit judgemental. Find out for yourself think for yourself don't be influenced by others...

Catch 22-a lot on here won't engage with you unless you are verified but you can't get verified unless folks will engage with you. I know there are messers and time wasters on both sides and I have experienced several from fee chargers to d*unk messaging at 2am-this happened last Sat which was a pity. I am photo verified by the site admin and I've signed up to silver supporter paying a small fee for 90 days! Shurely even these efforts show some level of authenticity.

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

If someone messsges me ill always check there verfies just to see who they have met...If there is a certain female on there its a no from me and ill tell them why simply because of the sexual practices of that female they call me harsh i call it safe....

East / North, Cork

"Catch 22-a lot on here won't engage with you unless you are verified but you can't get verified unless folks will engage with you. I know there are messers and time wasters on both sides and I have experienced several from fee chargers to d*unk messaging at 2am-this happened last Sat which was a pity. I am photo verified by the site admin and I've signed up to silver supporter paying a small fee for 90 days! Shurely even these efforts show some level of authenticity. "

Everyone has to start there.. I know its paritularly hard as a single guy starting out here. Your biggest problem is your lack of any pictures. Most fems would skip on profiles with no pics. Sort that and then use your wit and charm to convince a woman for a coffee.

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

"Catch 22-a lot on here won't engage with you unless you are verified but you can't get verified unless folks will engage with you. I know there are messers and time wasters on both sides and I have experienced several from fee chargers to d*unk messaging at 2am-this happened last Sat which was a pity. I am photo verified by the site admin and I've signed up to silver supporter paying a small fee for 90 days! Shurely even these efforts show some level of authenticity.

Everyone has to start there.. I know its paritularly hard as a single guy starting out here. Your biggest problem is your lack of any pictures. Most fems would skip on profiles with no pics. Sort that and then use your wit and charm to convince a woman for a coffee. "

We have to agree. One or two photos will work, helps to see if there’s an attraction, not fair that you can see what most people look like and there’s nothing there of you. Not a lot on a person’s profile can also mean a lack of effort, which could also mean a one sided conversation etc...

Being photo verified or Site support doesn’t mean a lot to us. We also have that but don’t use it as a form of genuity.

Hopefully things will work out for you in the long run

What would be an appropriate pic for my profile? I have no issue to send a face pic on when I am messaging privately and the number of female profiles saying don't send me a dick pic so don't think putting up a dick pic on my profile would be that smart-in fact Id say it is the exact wrong thing to put up.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"What would be an appropriate pic for my profile? I have no issue to send a face pic on when I am messaging privately and the number of female profiles saying don't send me a dick pic so don't think putting up a dick pic on my profile would be that smart-in fact Id say it is the exact wrong thing to put up. "

Fact that you are reading people's profiles and are responding to them gives you a major advantage. Lack of verifications don't really mean that much to most as long as you're able to have a decent conversation, not afraid to show yourself to someone and don't be pushy or needy while treating others the way you want to be treated x

East / North, Cork

"What would be an appropriate pic for my profile? I have no issue to send a face pic on when I am messaging privately and the number of female profiles saying don't send me a dick pic so don't think putting up a dick pic on my profile would be that smart-in fact Id say it is the exact wrong thing to put up. "

Take a pic or 2 that are flattering but represent you accurately. Try different angles and lighting to get them as good as you can. Noone here expects models, but some accurate visual representation of you. Doesn't even need to be naked.

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del PURRRR!!

We kinda guessed that was coming....

Look, it’s not really that difficult to figure out, simply look at other guys profiles and come up with your own idea.

Decide what you think is appropriate and comfortable for you and go with that. Over time you’ll get a little more adventurous and provocative with your photos.

By *ardyboy54321Man  over a year ago

Fermanagh

On verifications you can definitely read between the lines. But the one purpose I suppose they serve is let folk know that he or she they will turn up for a social/meet.then it's down to your gut feeling.

Thanks to those who took the time to make suggestions-much appreciated

I don't bother with veris and would pretty much never read them.

The only thing that would turn me off is the number. Such and such has meet 1 million other ppl . Instant no no for me.

Are the end of it all.... I'm big and ugly enough to make my own decisions about another person without having to read sometimes else opinion. It's not kindergarden here folks however I do appreciate it's just debating and maybe a little over analysing

"I don't bother with veris and would pretty much never read them.

The only thing that would turn me off is the number. Such and such has meet 1 million other ppl . Instant no no for me.

Are the end of it all.... I'm big and ugly enough to make my own decisions about another person without having to read sometimes else opinion. It's not kindergarden here folks however I do appreciate it's just debating and maybe a little over analysing"

What about people who go to meet and greets and get verified by a lot of people after just exchanging a "hello"?

Do you just look at "verified by 67 people and automatically think "slut"". And move on without reading the veris?

Are the end of it all.... I'm big and ugly enough to make my own decisions about another person without having to read sometimes else opinion. It's not kindergarden here folks however I do appreciate it's just debating and maybe a little over analysing

What about people who go to meet and greets and get verified by a lot of people after just exchanging a "hello"?

Do you just look at "verified by 67 people and automatically think "slut"". And move on without reading the veris? "

Abs not but a verifacations from someone you spoke to for 5 minutes is meaningless and all they are saying is that you exchanged pleasantries and moved on. That gives no indication as to what a person is like. Besides that I've never read a bad verifacations so we know from that alone that veris are a load of cock and bull And only tell us that a person is real and turned up, we can choose to show or not show veris.Look I'm not calling anyone anything I'm only saying that I personally am not interested in someone who feels the need to show millions of verifacations.

East / North, Cork

Reading between the lines on meet and greet verifications... they are often about signalling that they would be interested in taking things further.

They also mean that they turned up somewhere when they said they would, which is a good sign too.

Not pointless.

6 months later I'm still trying to get verified and I've been on cam and facetime off this with people

East / North, Cork

"6 months later I'm still trying to get verified and I've been on cam and facetime off this with people "

Thats a bit shit of someone here to not verify you after camming when it's clear that it would be useful to you.

"6 months later I'm still trying to get verified and I've been on cam and facetime off this with people

Thats a bit shit of someone here to not verify you after camming when it's clear that it would be useful to you. "

Yeah it kinda went abit quiet towards the end as I went back to work and couldn't meet so they just removed me but it's all g I'll just play the waiting game again I'm in no rush haha

Do you just look at "verified by 67 people and automatically think "slut"". And move on without reading the veris?

Abs not but a verifacations from someone you spoke to for 5 minutes is meaningless and all they are saying is that you exchanged pleasantries and moved on. That gives no indication as to what a person is like. Besides that I've never read a bad verifacations so we know from that alone that veris are a load of cock and bull And only tell us that a person is real and turned up, we can choose to show or not show veris.Look I'm not calling anyone anything I'm only saying that I personally am not interested in someone who feels the need to show millions of verifacations."

So describing your meets start to finish as well as describing your sexual activities, mentioning all glints in the eye and cheeky smiles is more important than having people say "yes, this is a real person, who actually looks like their photos, who actually turned up when and where they said they would, who is actually dead on to talk to and is a lovely person to be around". Noted. Meet and greet veris are useless, better hide them all (most importantly the count of them too as obviosuly anyone who will see a large amount of veris will assume this amount is definitely personal bed notches) and only ever display the ones with stories of sexual or near sexual encounters. Because the best way to describe a person is with a story like "met this cheeky handsome guy for a coffee and oh my his kisses soon swept me off my feet and into his bedroom where the clothes fell off by themselves and the squirt was flowing like a river, he put me right at ease (whatever the fuck that means) and showed me a good time, ladies don't let this one slip by. He's what's fab all about.

Noted.

P.s. if my example of a veri looks like a copy paste - I promise it's not. It's just a quick summary of most veris I ever read on fab.

» Add a new message to this topic