FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Why might you turn back time?

Why might you turn back time?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ofusplus OP   Couple  over a year ago

Limerick

So you have one chance to turn back time. What year would you go back to and what would you do differently? Or are you happy to be in 2020 (apart from the C-word)?

For us, we agree that we'd like to go back 10 years but only with the benefit of hindsight. Without that hindsight, we're happy to be where we are now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Kaizer would travel back to 1716 & replace Cap'n Blackbeard to reek havoc throughout the Caribbean!

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Happy to be where Im at. The way I look at things is that every decision ive made good or bad is a learning experience and every situation ive gone through even though some have been horrendous I wouldnt be the person I am today without them. Ive got all i need. Might not be a millionaire but i have a lot that priceless and to be thankful for

By *ohn400Man  over a year ago

Dublin or anywhere

I would go back to the mid 1980s,they were great times.

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

I can feel a CHER moment coming on.....

I'm happy where I am . No point going back.

"I can feel a CHER moment coming on.....

I'm happy where I am . No point going back."

This

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'd be more inclined to move it forward but if I'm restricted to turning back it wouldn't be within my own lifetime because of the effect it would have on others.

I'd go back a couple of lifetimes ago to when I was here before.

Limerick

"I'd be more inclined to move it forward but if I'm restricted to turning back it wouldn't be within my own lifetime because of the effect it would have on others.

I'd go back a couple of lifetimes ago to when I was here before. "

I must say i've never pondered on going forward in time. What are you looking forward to, if you don't mind me asking?

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't think I'd go back on my own life because what happened in the past made me who I am today. If I did go back it would get back the body I had in my 20s and keep it.

Belfast

"I'd be more inclined to move it forward but if I'm restricted to turning back it wouldn't be within my own lifetime because of the effect it would have on others.

I'd go back a couple of lifetimes ago to when I was here before.

I must say i've never pondered on going forward in time. What are you looking forward to, if you don't mind me asking?"

Nothing in particular. When you see the advances in technology over the last 100 years it would be interesting to see if that trend continues or if 2020 convinces mankind to seek other ways to advance through nature and sustainability rather than tech.

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

If I could turn back time I'd have no knowledge that I achieved it, as I would only have the information I had at the time I went back to, only to eventually get to the point again where I turn back time, and repeat the eternal time loop over and over again with no idea of what's happening.

Jesus that's a terrifying concept

Belfast

"If I could turn back time I'd have no knowledge that I achieved it, as I would only have the information I had at the time I went back to, only to eventually get to the point again where I turn back time, and repeat the eternal time loop over and over again with no idea of what's happening.

Jesus that's a terrifying concept "

You're a looper

Limerick

"If I could turn back time I'd have no knowledge that I achieved it, as I would only have the information I had at the time I went back to, only to eventually get to the point again where I turn back time, and repeat the eternal time loop over and over again with no idea of what's happening.

You think too much

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Time : Summer 2000

Place : Homelands Festival, outside the blue tent next to the main stage.

Person : The beautiful brunette that I was chatting to afor hours early in the night until I lost the power of speech... who I ran into again at the train station about 7am on the way home, and who tried to talk to me, and rekindle our chats from the previous night.. but I was just TOO gone. She was amazing.

Waterford

You think too much "

These are the type of things that keep me up at night

Think about it though, if you could go back in time like Back to the Future for example, although you'd be back in time, it would still be unfolding as your future

Waterford

You're a looper "

Limerick

You think too much

Think about it though, if you could go back in time like Back to the Future for example, although you'd be back in time, it would still be unfolding as your future

"

Oh Christ, I'm addled now

Waterford

You think too much

"

go have some chocolate. cripes tonight

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I'd like to turn back time to about 15 yrs in the past just to live a healthier lifestyle.

I once lost 3 stone in slimming world and thought that I can do this on my own ....I couldn't

Apart from that I've made mistakes ....some big but they made me up I am so I can't change that and no point in worrying about it

Belfast

You think too much

"

I don't give a flux capacitor

Brining answer maybe but I wouldn’t turn back time if I could. My mistakes have taught me many lessons.

That being said - I wish I’d bought the leather skirt I was browsing earlier and now it’s sold out

Waterford

You think too much

I don't give a flux capacitor "

Butt Head!!!!

Waterford

"Brining answer maybe but I wouldn’t turn back time if I could. My mistakes have taught me many lessons.

That being said - I wish I’d bought the leather skirt I was browsing earlier and now it’s sold out "

I'm sure it's not the last leather skirt in the world. Who knows, you might find a better one

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

To this morning at 5am when wide awake I'd love to jump back into bed and sleep

Id go back an id change everything about my life do it completely differently.

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

The only thing i regret is not leaving the ex sooner so maybe back to the year 2000 which hopefully would mean I would have found this site sooner and discovered great sex sooner

To the mid 90s but with the knowledge that its fun to have sex and have enjoy it

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

Back to the late 90's but with the knowledge I have now tho My god what a life I would have

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Back to the late 90's but with the knowledge I have now tho My god what a life I would have "

Waterford

"Back to the late 90's but with the knowledge I have now tho My god what a life I would have "

Yep. I'd go straight back to the summer of '99

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Back to the late 90's but with the knowledge I have now tho My god what a life I would have

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go"

Funny you should say that.. the chemical brothers featured in my timetravel wish also

Waterford

"Back to the late 90's but with the knowledge I have now tho My god what a life I would have

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go"

oh god secondary school all over again. no thanks

Waterford

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go

oh god secondary school all over again. no thanks"

Ha. I was going on 19 and life was awesome

Waterford

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go

Ha. I was going on 19 and life was awesome "

ah feck off

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

Hahahahah!!!

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go

Fun times G-Dogg

Waterford

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go

Fun times G-Dogg "

Ah fun times indeed

You werent specific. Are you able to fly in this scenario?

Limerick

A

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go

I was shagging my way across Australia in the summer of '99, good times indeed - Mrs

Limerick

"You werent specific. Are you able to fly in this scenario?"

You have complete control Gary - fly, swim, beam yourself, whatever

"You werent specific. Are you able to fly in this scenario?

You have complete control Gary - fly, swim, beam yourself, whatever "

In that case, I'd probably go back to 2017, and drink some Lucozade Original. Before the sugar tax came in, and they changed the recipe to piss.

Limerick

"You werent specific. Are you able to fly in this scenario?

You have complete control Gary - fly, swim, beam yourself, whatever

In that case, I'd probably go back to 2017, and drink some Lucozade Original. Before the sugar tax came in, and they changed the recipe to piss. "

Lucozade Original didn't give you wiings though

By *ickheadcuntCouple  over a year ago

Cork Ireland

Hey Girl

Hey Boy

Superstar DJ

Here We Go

Fun times G-Dogg

Ah fun times indeed"

Oh the memories, simpler times

I think I would go back to the early 1900s and relax the criteria needed to attend the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts

That or remind Skinner not to burn his roast

Waterford

"I think I would go back to the early 1900s and relax the criteria needed to attend the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts

"

. Funny how one seemingly insignificant decision could change the course of history to such an extreme

Waterford

"I think I would go back to the early 1900s and relax the criteria needed to attend the Vienna Academy of Fine Arts

. Funny how one seemingly insignificant decision could change the course of history to such an extreme "

Actually it's not that funny when I think about it

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

. Funny how one seemingly insignificant decision could change the course of history to such an extreme

Actually it's not that funny when I think about it"

Not sure it would have changed fook all,

Waterford

Actually it's not that funny when I think about it

Not sure it would have changed fook all, "

Well, we'll find out when Pete gets his time machine

By *ailburkeMan  over a year ago

near you

"Stop looking back we are not going that way ", from a certain Viking

Realistically we can't turn back time so for me i like to live in the moment and keep it real. But I have most definitely revisited past and in hindsight i have had regrets but i choose to let them go the best i can and live in the now. One of those regrets in regards education which can be ratified. But as for any others then it is what it is and was meant to happen then i do believe. One learns from mistakes this the reality and if one doesn't learn then well may possibly still keep living in the past times. Keeping it in the now i think is best practice although easier said than done all the time i know.

Limerick

"Realistically we can't turn back time so for me i like to live in the moment and keep it real. But I have most definitely revisited past and in hindsight i have had regrets but i choose to let them go the best i can and live in the now. One of those regrets in regards education which can be ratified. But as for any others then it is what it is and was meant to happen then i do believe. One learns from mistakes this the reality and if one doesn't learn then well may possibly still keep living in the past times. Keeping it in the now i think is best practice although easier said than done all the time i know. "

I agree. The biggest benefit of age i think is accepting ones life for what it is, making the most of it and making the decision to be happy. I was always looking for others to make me happy. It's a lightbulb moment when you realise that this is wrong approach, life experience teaches you that

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

[Removed by poster at 31/10/20 18:36:18]

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

2008 to the morning of my best friends wedding

...and tell him

"DON'T MARRY THAT CRAZY B*TCH!!!"

...as I still have to listen to him whinge 8 years after the divorce

He's still my bestie though!

By *r_mrs_studmuffinCouple  over a year ago

narnia

No as hard as some of the last ten yrs was.. I've met some wonderful people who will be friends for life and I've learnt many lessons that make me the person I am today

I really have only two words as regards time and what it is about and what happens as we move through it either good or bad ...HAKUNA MATATA !!

"Realistically we can't turn back time so for me i like to live in the moment and keep it real. But I have most definitely revisited past and in hindsight i have had regrets but i choose to let them go the best i can and live in the now. One of those regrets in regards education which can be ratified. But as for any others then it is what it is and was meant to happen then i do believe. One learns from mistakes this the reality and if one doesn't learn then well may possibly still keep living in the past times. Keeping it in the now i think is best practice although easier said than done all the time i know.

I agree. The biggest benefit of age i think is accepting ones life for what it is, making the most of it and making the decision to be happy. I was always looking for others to make me happy. It's a lightbulb moment when you realise that this is wrong approach, life experience teaches you that "

Exactly loving oneself regardless of the past tense. I often think if my past wasn't what it was it wouldn't of made me who i am today.

By *ony phoenixMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

I would go back to last weekend, friday or Saturday, and spend time with my mother, who passed away suddenly last sunday morning

By *hris 1000200Man  over a year ago

kells

"I would go back to last weekend, friday or Saturday, and spend time with my mother, who passed away suddenly last sunday morning "

Sorry for your loss, may she R.I.P

Limerick

"I would go back to last weekend, friday or Saturday, and spend time with my mother, who passed away suddenly last sunday morning "

Very sorry for your loss, RIP.

"Time : Summer 2000

Place : Homelands Festival, outside the blue tent next to the main stage.

Person : The beautiful brunette that I was chatting to afor hours early in the night until I lost the power of speech... who I ran into again at the train station about 7am on the way home, and who tried to talk to me, and rekindle our chats from the previous night.. but I was just TOO gone. She was amazing.

"

It was a festival and a dance festival at that....don't be too hard on yourself

By *eminexWoman  over a year ago

some where in outer space

Id go back to the late 90s and 2000 where trance was good and I danced for entire weekends , ...I ended up in towns I didn't know with people who became friends ...

I never had a bad weekend then Friday to Monday ....and always with a smile on my face ......

I miss tht ....and I really miss dancing now

One thing sticks out.

I would go back to 2005. I came home from abroad and started a new job in Dublin. Instead of moving up to Dublin to live, enjoy full city life and night life, I moved to a commuter belt town so I could go home to train and play GAA at the weekends. I got sense and moved up at start of 2007 and had a great 8 months.......then the bust arrived in style and everything stopped with a bang.

I don't regret it per ce but I should really have made more of working in the city when I was much younger!

» Add a new message to this topic