FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > CAUTION.,....

CAUTION.,....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I see people posting "meeting after the pandemic" do people really think this virus is going away anytime soon,i think we all just need to take cautions,wear mask wash hands and move on,what do u all think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"I see people posting "meeting after the pandemic" do people really think this virus is going away anytime soon,i think we all just need to take cautions,wear mask wash hands and move on,what do u all think?"

If by "move on" you mean waiting until we are told it's safe to have that degree of social interaction.. then yes I think you're right.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I see people posting "meeting after the pandemic" do people really think this virus is going away anytime soon,i think we all just need to take cautions,wear mask wash hands and move on,what do u all think?"

But theyre still only saying " meeting after the pandemic " .they have'nt put it into a time frame of any kind.

Well, speaking for ourselves, we want to meet again as soon as we can, without putting ourselves or anyone else in danger.

Simply wearing a mask and washing hands is not enough.

On the bright side, there are a number of vaccines showing promise, so there's some light at the end of the tunnel

"Well, speaking for ourselves, we want to meet again as soon as we can, without putting ourselves or anyone else in danger.

On the bright side, there are a number of vaccines showing promise, so there's some light at the end of the tunnel "

Hear hear

And hopefully by Christmas according to Pfizer

Get some normality back into peoples lives

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

Sure there are loads meeting now and parties still going on.

You only need to read a few veris to see that's happening.

People will make their own judgement on risk levels and decide if its worth it or not.

For me I can't wait to get back to some level or normality as the last several months have been a total pain, but I imagine that will take some time yet for me.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Well, speaking for ourselves, we want to meet again as soon as we can, without putting ourselves or anyone else in danger.

On the bright side, there are a number of vaccines showing promise, so there's some light at the end of the tunnel

Hear hear

Get some normality back into peoples lives "

God I hope its effective... reports so far are positive. Unfortunately it will be well into next year until it's generally available as they will give it to high risk folks first and there will be a shortage.

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

[Removed by poster at 31/10/20 08:19:25]

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

Hear hear

God I hope its effective... reports so far are positive. Unfortunately it will be well into next year until it's generally available as they will give it to high risk folks first and there will be a shortage."

A large study has sown a very big drop in antibody levels over 6 months.. A vaccine may not be the golden bullet everyone hopes unfortunately..

Hear hear

God I hope its effective... reports so far are positive. Unfortunately it will be well into next year until it's generally available as they will give it to high risk folks first and there will be a shortage.

A large study has sown a very big drop in antibody levels over 6 months.. A vaccine may not be the golden bullet everyone hopes unfortunately.. "

That's a limitation, but it will still have a huge impact. Even if we need a shot every 6 months for a while it's entirely possible to eradicate it. The bigger problem will be persuading people to get vaccinated.

And let's face it, science (vaccination) is the only way to beat it, lockdowns only defer the problem.

On the bright side, there are a number of vaccines showing promise, so there's some light at the end of the tunnel "

i understand that's why i said we have to take everything necessary precaution, but im not sure vaccine is coming anytime soon, Russia said they have 3 different vaccine,but there maltality rate is higher than any others,so why not use the 3 vaccines,putin said hes daughter was given.

"Sure there are loads meeting now and parties still going on.

People will make their own judgement on risk levels and decide if its worth it or not.

For me I can't wait to get back to some level or normality as the last several months have been a total pain, but I imagine that will take some time yet for me."

Yes i read some vanilla party is going on today, i hope they will not get arrested,it really doesn't worth it.

"I see people posting "meeting after the pandemic" do people really think this virus is going away anytime soon,i think we all just need to take cautions,wear mask wash hands and move on,what do u all think?

But theyre still only saying " meeting after the pandemic " .they have'nt put it into a time frame of any kind."

Yes you're right even people that haven't met in years posting meeting after the "pandemic" maybe after the lockdown is more clearer,because its looking like this pandemic is going to be here for a while.

"

Things you might need to know about vaccines from Pfizer, Oxford/AstroZeneca, Moderna etc.

1. All these COVID vaccines have been rushed to market and should rightly be called "experimental" vaccines. Vaccines are usually given 7/8 years in controlled test environments to prove their safety.

2. All major pharma companies manufacturing and distribuing these vaccines are totally indemnified from any lawsuits - national or otherwise. If something goes wrong b/c of the vaccine down the line- it's on us - or you.

There was a similar situation ten years ago when the WHO declared a swine flu pandemic.

"As Ireland and others have learned with Pandemrix and swine flu, undue haste in vaccine development can have unintended and costly outcomes. Ireland Inc indemnified GlaxoSmithKline as part of the deal to secure supplies of Pandemrix: over a decade later it is now facing 100 cases relating to serious side effects from the vaccine."

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/indemnifying-vaccines-makes-for-a-sick-health-system-1.4339384%3fmode=amp

"Yes i read some vanilla party is going on today, i hope they will not get arrested,it really doesn't worth it."

So you hope people get arrested for meeting each other.

What if none of them have COVID ?

Be careful what you wish for is my advice.

"

Things you might need to know about vaccines from Pfizer, Oxford/AstroZeneca, Moderna etc.

1. All these COVID vaccines have been rushed to market and should rightly be called "experimental" vaccines. Vaccines are usually given 7/8 years in controlled test environments to prove their safety.

2. All major pharma companies manufacturing and distribuing these vaccines are totally indemnified from any lawsuits - national or otherwise. If something goes wrong b/c of the vaccine down the line- it's on us - or you.

There was a similar situation ten years ago when the WHO declared a swine flu pandemic.

"As Ireland and others have learned with Pandemrix and swine flu, undue haste in vaccine development can have unintended and costly outcomes. Ireland Inc indemnified GlaxoSmithKline as part of the deal to secure supplies of Pandemrix: over a decade later it is now facing 100 cases relating to serious side effects from the vaccine."

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/indemnifying-vaccines-makes-for-a-sick-health-system-1.4339384%3fmode=amp

"

Still, light at the end of the tunnel, as I said.

The vaccines will be experimental and a calculated risk. 100 people with side effects sounds better than millions dead tbh

By *assion and MoreCouple  over a year ago

Here and There, Monaghan

"Yes i read some vanilla party is going on today, i hope they will not get arrested,it really doesn't worth it.

Be careful what you wish for is my advice."

What is pigs could fly, on the balance of probability they don't but then again one might have it, no symptoms and who infections a few people, who then infect a few more, who then who infect a few more and it goes on and on and on, it's not rocket science. Unless you have God like powers, you don't know.

"Yes i read some vanilla party is going on today, i hope they will not get arrested,it really doesn't worth it.

Be careful what you wish for is my advice."

You might need to visit space saver for reading glasses,i never said i hope they got arrested for anything.

Be careful what you wish for is my advice.You might need to visit space saver for reading glasses,i never said i hope they got arrested for anything."

Thank God !

By *ueenbeetipp43Woman  over a year ago

tipperary

"Sure there are loads meeting now and parties still going on.

For me I can't wait to get back to some level or normality as the last several months have been a total pain, but I imagine that will take some time yet for me.Yes i read some vanilla party is going on today, i hope they will not get arrested,it really doesn't worth it."

When you say "Vanilla" are you speaking of the club because the club is closed???

Be careful what you wish for is my advice.You might need to visit space saver for reading glasses,i never said i hope they got arrested for anything.

Thank God !"

Thank god" for what, you need to apologize not just thank god.

Hear hear

God I hope its effective... reports so far are positive. Unfortunately it will be well into next year until it's generally available as they will give it to high risk folks first and there will be a shortage."

I keep saying this and I don't seem to get many people thinking but it's something we all will have to think about. What amount of restrictions will people finally say no? Or would you have no upper limit?

I know the government will not impose that anyway as surely they know the precautions cannot be worse than the disease and all that. I am also curious are people ready for the possibility that the vaccines could easily not be 100% effective it might cover 50% of infections. But we already have a 99.7% chance to survive. And that's an average not stratified for age. Getting it to those at risk..protecting them.

But spending a few years of remaining life for some of these people locked up...we have to weigh things up very well.

By after christmas.things will look more helpful.

The other day I saw 96,000 infections a day in the UK..that would be 100% infected in 500 days..not taking into account the 6 months of infection already. So maybe 6 months at that rate would provide great immunity. Not for sure but something to watch.

You kind of want all your not at risk pop 99.7% to get it and super protect the rest.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Hear hear

I keep saying this and I don't seem to get many people thinking but it's something we all will have to think about. What amount of restrictions will people finally say no? Or would you have no upper limit?

I know the government will not impose that anyway as surely they know the precautions cannot be worse than the disease and all that. I am also curious are people ready for the possibility that the vaccines could easily not be 100% effective it might cover 50% of infections. But we already have a 99.7% chance to survive. And that's an average not stratified for age. Getting it to those at risk..protecting them.

But spending a few years of remaining life for some of these people locked up...we have to weigh things up very well.

By after christmas.things will look more helpful.

The other day I saw 96,000 infections a day in the UK..that would be 100% infected in 500 days..not taking into account the 6 months of infection already. So maybe 6 months at that rate would provide great immunity. Not for sure but something to watch.

You kind of want all your not at risk pop 99.7% to get it and super protect the rest."

Survival doesn't equal not affected, or recovered though. People can have long covid, resulting in a diminished quality of life, lung damage, etc etc.

Also our healthcare system has a limited capacity. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't die if I got Covid, and I have very few social contacts so my risk of infecting others is relatively low... but I'm still taking all precautions because I don't want to be taking up a hospital bed because I was simply not arsed following regulations.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Also judging by the messages in my inbox, this is bullshit. "meeting after the pandemic" seems to be code for "still meeting".

» Add a new message to this topic