FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Dad bod

Dad bod

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *321fun OP   Man  over a year ago

all

Are there any women interested in the dad bod mmm just asking for a friend lol x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

what is a dad bod

By *321fun OP   Man  over a year ago

all

Cuddle older man so I’ve been told

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"what is a dad bod"

A man with a few extra pounds on board. I think the idea is when a lad becomes a dad he isn't on the pull so he can increase the takeaways and reduce the gymtime

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

Someone for everyone, I imagine. I do see some women here saying that the gym body does nothing for them, that they'd rather have a dad bod if it's on someone they can have a bit of craic with.

Waterford

"what is a dad bod

A man with a few extra pounds on board. I think the idea is when a lad becomes a dad he isn't on the pull so he can increase the takeaways and reduce the gymtime"

A silly stereotype then

East / North, Cork

"what is a dad bod

A man with a few extra pounds on board. I think the idea is when a lad becomes a dad he isn't on the pull so he can increase the takeaways and reduce the gymtime

A silly stereotype then"

Yes. Although I've seen both men use it about themselves, and women use it saying they do or dont want a guy with a "dadbod". I dont think its necessarily derogatory.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What’s the female version of the dadbot?

"What’s the female version of the dadbot? "

A MILF?

A Fembot

Waterford

"What’s the female version of the dadbot?

A Fembot "

like in austin powers?

A Fembot

like in austin powers?"

Exactly!

By *atts n titsCouple  over a year ago

everywhere

curvy

People seem to define it differently from one case to the next but judging from the average and from a girl who liked it - it's like a guy who would of done a bit of gym had some muscle mass but now due to parenting duties has let diet and gym time slip (as said above). The body then has more of a covering of fat. I suppose the whole thing would signal good survivable genes.

Proud dad bod of 4

I'm a dab hand at the auld photoshop. If any of ye gym fit guys are struggling to pull the ladies and want me to airbrush out those repulsive abs, maybe stretch out that gut a bit, PM me.

A MILF?"

NO! A MILF is hot! NOT a dad bod equivalent

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Some Dad bods are attractive.

"People seem to define it differently from one case to the next but judging from the average and from a girl who liked it - it's like a guy who would of done a bit of gym had some muscle mass but now due to parenting duties has let diet and gym time slip (as said above). The body then has more of a covering of fat. I suppose the whole thing would signal good survivable genes.

"

What if the guy never ever went to a gym ?...I can only speak here from my own experience as a dad and parenting duties..l was worn out in a brilliant way of doing stuff with my kids when they were younger as they were all go into sports and adventures so it was like a 100mph everyday which was brilliant and l loved it so all lm saying is parenting duties arent always a reason for obtaining a Dadbod.

A Mambod ??

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

"People seem to define it differently from one case to the next but judging from the average and from a girl who liked it - it's like a guy who would of done a bit of gym had some muscle mass but now due to parenting duties has let diet and gym time slip (as said above). The body then has more of a covering of fat. I suppose the whole thing would signal good survivable genes.

What if the guy never ever went to a gym ?...I can only speak here from my own experience as a dad and parenting duties..l was worn out in a brilliant way of doing stuff with my kids when they were younger as they were all go into sports and adventures so it was like a 100mph everyday which was brilliant and l loved it so all lm saying is parenting duties arent always a reason for obtaining a Dadbod."

I’ve achieved a dad bod without even having any kids

Dublin

Men could have chiseled and toned bodies and have the personality of dead wood.The same goes for women. A great personality always makes someone far more attractive.

"Men could have chiseled and toned bodies and have the personality of dead wood.The same goes for women. A great personality always makes someone far more attractive. "

I totally agree!

"Men could have chiseled and toned bodies and have the personality of dead wood.The same goes for women. A great personality always makes someone far more attractive. "

And they might also need more mirror space and time than the lady

"what is a dad bod

A man with a few extra pounds on board. I think the idea is when a lad becomes a dad he isn't on the pull so he can increase the takeaways and reduce the gymtime"

Cause the only reason to keep yourself fit and healthy is because you're not in the pull any more. Nothing to do with longevity and the idea of maybe getting a few extra years out of your life. I dare say you wouldn't say that same comment about the female of the species. Its like that double standards thing again. It's OK to say it about men but don't you dare say it about women or your dead!!!!

East / North, Cork

"what is a dad bod

Cause the only reason to keep yourself fit and healthy is because you're not in the pull any more. Nothing to do with longevity and the idea of maybe getting a few extra years out of your life. I dare say you wouldn't say that same comment about the female of the species. Its like that double standards thing again. It's OK to say it about men but don't you dare say it about women or your dead!!!! "

Dont worry... those who keep themselves toned and fit have no fear of anyone using the term dadbod about them. There is no need to get offended on behalf of other men with body types.

Dublin

"what is a dad bod

Cause the only reason to keep yourself fit and healthy is because you're not in the pull any more. Nothing to do with longevity and the idea of maybe getting a few extra years out of your life. I dare say you wouldn't say that same comment about the female of the species. Its like that double standards thing again. It's OK to say it about men but don't you dare say it about women or your dead!!!!

Dont worry... those who keep themselves toned and fit have no fear of anyone using the term dadbod about them. There is no need to get offended on behalf of other men with body types. "

He does speak the truth. Men would be destroyed in here by women and all the white knights if a woman was said to have gained a few pounds as a result of motherhood and the fact she is supposedly no longer on the pull . Heaven forbid if anyone was called Mambod.

East / North, Cork

[Removed by poster at 11/11/20 11:34:46]

East / North, Cork

I have what could be described as a dadbod. I have 5 kids and I run a business and I havent time for the gym very often. I wouldnt be offended by the use of the term at all. I find it quite a funny/cheeky description actually. I cant speak for the ifs and whys of mums with a few extra pounds who might dislike the term mambod though. I wonder is it only those dads who dont have dadbods that are offended by it?

East / North, Cork

.. and of course the fems

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I have what could be described as a dadbod. I have 5 kids and I run a business and I havent time for the gym very often. I wouldnt be offended by the use of the term at all. I find it quite a funny/cheeky description actually. I cant speak for the ifs and whys of mums with a few extra pounds who might dislike the term mambod though. I wonder is it only those dads who dont have dadbods that are offended by it?"

I have to be honest I'd feckin love a dadbod instead of a fatbod

I've always assumed thats its a cheeky term of endearment and fair play to the men that have them.

What is dad bod? Are there certain criteria? Some please enlighten me!!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Joined a gym about 2 years ago for the first time ever. Left it again after a couple of months as it wasn't my scene and depending on what time I went it was difficult to get near some of the equipment due to the Instagram and Facebook updates affecting the flow.

Haven't set foot in one since so I'll make do with my grandad bod

Waterford

"Men could have chiseled and toned bodies and have the personality of dead wood.The same goes for women. A great personality always makes someone far more attractive.

Joined a gym about 2 years ago for the first time ever. Left it again after a couple of months as it wasn't my scene and depending on what time I went it was difficult to get near some of the equipment due to the Instagram and Facebook updates affecting the flow.

Haven't set foot in one since so I'll make do with my grandad bod "

gangs of gym broooooooooos working out for the gram

somewhere

"Men could have chiseled and toned bodies and have the personality of dead wood.The same goes for women. A great personality always makes someone far more attractive.

Haven't set foot in one since so I'll make do with my grandad bod "

Would you ever feck off i even looked at your new profile picture yesterday and got jealous....we're roughly the same age and you look incredible for an old man

It wasn't weird typing this at all

I think i could pull off the dad bod thing ok haha

Waterford

Would you ever feck off i even looked at your new profile picture yesterday and got jealous....we're roughly the same age and you look incredible for an old man

It wasn't weird typing this at all "

oh he gonna kick yo ass for that old man bit

Belfast

It wasn't weird typing this at all "

Cheers BM. It wasn't weird reading it either

What I meant was that how my body looks isn't a priority so the only exercise I do is hillwalking which is more about a healthy mind but has the added benefit of physical fitness.

I get the whole asthetics of gym bods but as someone who has had a lifetime lacking in self confidence I've learned in the last 5 years that I'm not invisible and have grown to accept me.

Belfast

oh he gonna kick yo ass for that old man bit "

I'll let him off if he sends me the answer to the next quiz

somewhere

oh he gonna kick yo ass for that old man bit

I'll let him off if he sends me the answer to the next quiz "

Belfast

There also seem to be a lot of men who are happy with the few extra pounds they've put on.

They no longer need a belt to hold their trousers up and proudly pose with the redundant belt in their hands.

What if the guy never ever went to a gym ?...I can only speak here from my own experience as a dad and parenting duties..l was worn out in a brilliant way of doing stuff with my kids when they were younger as they were all go into sports and adventures so it was like a 100mph everyday which was brilliant and l loved it so all lm saying is parenting duties arent always a reason for obtaining a Dadbod."

Haha ahh god there would be a thousand reasons against and for it, I really don't like the term. But those are just some of the definitions I have seen.

Judging from my bro with my nephew and my time running around after him you can burn some serious Kcals being a dad.

Dad bods are a very real think I know lots off women who don't like the gym bunny look . It's a very big part off the Ddlg lifestyle as well.

I’ve a dad bod bad.. mrs loves it thankfully..

Mr x

» Add a new message to this topic