FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Intimate Images-hacked

Intimate Images-hacked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The news story about the hacking of women's private, personal photos is worrying...maybe hold off posting photos until admin can confirm the security of the Fab site.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Seriously lol

You can open an account and screenshot anything here.. Nothing is private and peoples pics have ended up in the papers without their consent.. Not to mention the fake profiles that use other peoples pics

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I think the main problem was the fact that 500 men were sharing pictures between themselves from a site and not the fact the women had sent the pictures to their boyfriends in the first place

If someone sends a nude picture to someone else it should stay private or be deleted when the relationship is over

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"The news story about the hacking of women's private, personal photos is worrying...maybe hold off posting photos until admin can confirm the security of the Fab site."

No hacking required. They can just be saved

By *gentleman44Man  over a year ago

dublin

"Seriously lol

You can open an account and screenshot anything here.. Nothing is private and peoples pics have ended up in the papers without their consent.. Not to mention the fake profiles that use other peoples pics "

so true

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Just right click image and save it's that simple.. Photos uploaded publicly are just that public.. There is no expectation of privacy in public...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ#rightclick

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

But but... are we not protected if our profiles say the Sydney University aren’t allowed to steal our photos??

"But but... are we not protected if our profiles say the Sydney University aren’t allowed to steal our photos?? "

And Facebook too..

Dublin City

"But but... are we not protected if our profiles say the Sydney University aren’t allowed to steal our photos??

And Facebook too.. "

Boooo!!!

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"But but... are we not protected if our profiles say the Sydney University aren’t allowed to steal our photos??

And Facebook too..

Boooo!!! "

Now ladies don't ye know the only one that works is the one where you state anyone using your pics will have to pay you a sum of money. The rest are all fake news

By *ndefiniteSparkMan  over a year ago

ignites minds to unite ...

"https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ#rightclick

Why don't you right-click protect our photos to stop others stealing / saving them?

We believe in being straighforward with the members of Fab. Right click protect doesn't work and gives a false sense of security by pretending to "protect" images. Other sites may pretend they've protected your images but actually they're being dishonest by claiming that.

Right click "protect" can be gotten around in under 2 seconds by any of the following methods:

Simplest: Goto File menu, Save As, and save to desktop = The photos will be in a folder on your desktop that your browser has created.

OR... Disable JavaScript by going to Tools menu, choose Internet Options, Click the Security tab, click Custom Level, scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list and click Disable. Right click can now be used to save images.

OR... Press print screen and the image + page will be copied to clipboard where it can be pasted into a graphics program for resize or save.

We give you three privacy options on your photos and we now hide images from anyone who isn't a member of Fab. If you are worried about someone stealing your photos you may want to set them to be viewable only by your friends, or private in which case you can send by private mail.

We also now watermark all photos upon upload."

Bit off topic here but who verifies and makes the decision about pictures being rejected or approved for upload?

somewhere

And Facebook too..

Boooo!!!

Now ladies don't ye know the only one that works is the one where you state anyone using your pics will have to pay you a sum of money. The rest are all fake news "

How much

Somewhere in Co. Down

And Facebook too..

Boooo!!!

Now ladies don't ye know the only one that works is the one where you state anyone using your pics will have to pay you a sum of money. The rest are all fake news

How much "

Usually about 50,000 per pic from what I've seen.

somewhere

And Facebook too..

Boooo!!!

How much

Usually about 50,000 per pic from what I've seen. "

A man could easily go broke on here

Dublin City

And Facebook too..

Boooo!!!

Now ladies don't ye know the only one that works is the one where you state anyone using your pics will have to pay you a sum of money. The rest are all fake news "

That’s what we’re all missing!!!

No photos are safe from being taken on the internet with the screen shot features available on phones nowadays ,what was , again , a brilliant feature to have on a phone can now be also a most dangerous part of it when used the wrong way or for a wrong purpose such as photo theft.

"https://www.fabswingers.com/articles/FAQ#rightclick

We also now watermark all photos upon upload.

Bit off topic here but who verifies and makes the decision about pictures being rejected or approved for upload?

"

The site has photo mods who do this

East / North, Cork

"I think the main problem was the fact that 500 men were sharing pictures between themselves from a site and not the fact the women had sent the pictures to their boyfriends in the first place

If someone sends a nude picture to someone else it should stay private or be deleted when the relationship is over "

100%.

Unfortunately there are a lot of disrespectful asshole men out there with no moral compass whataoever. Surprise surprise.

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I think the main problem was the fact that 500 men were sharing pictures between themselves from a site and not the fact the women had sent the pictures to their boyfriends in the first place

If someone sends a nude picture to someone else it should stay private or be deleted when the relationship is over

100%.

Unfortunately there are a lot of disrespectful asshole men out there with no moral compass whataoever. Surprise surprise."

It's not just men who share pics or vids that should remain private.

100%.

Unfortunately there are a lot of disrespectful asshole men out there with no moral compass whataoever. Surprise surprise.

It's not just men who share pics or vids that should remain private. "

Your a 100% right there

100%.

Absolutely true

East / North, Cork

100%.

I'm sure that's true. I'd wager it's mostly men though. I havent seen these big files full of private images.. but I'm confident that the pictures are predominantly of women.

Somewhere in Co. Down

100%.

It's not just men who share pics or vids that should remain private.

I'm sure that's true. I'd wager it's mostly men though. I havent seen these big files full of private images.. but I'm confident that the pictures are predominantly of women."

Well most likely a lot of those are.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that quite a few women do the exact same thing . It makes them no better than any guy doing it even tho some like to pretend they are whiter than white . While behind the scenes private pics and info are being shared a lot.

East / North, Cork

If that's true, then you're right that's equally as bad. Noone has the right to disrespect anyone who sends them images in confidence. I think this thread is about pictures of women that have been compiled by a group of men into a large archive of pictures... and then shared that archive.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

And Facebook too..

Boooo!!!

How much

Usually about 50,000 per pic from what I've seen. "

50,000 smocherinys

50,000 petals

Surely not 50,000 bucks

Somewhere in Co. Down

"If that's true, then you're right that's equally as bad. Noone has the right to disrespect anyone who sends them images in confidence. I think this thread is about pictures of women that have been compiled by a group of men into a large archive of pictures... and then shared that archive."

I hadn't even heard about that until something was posted.

Threads tend to not always stay on one single topic anyhow so I don't think the fact the women share as well should be ignored.

People need to be aware and careful about who they share things with only share what you don't mind getting out in the public domain .

It's one of the reasons the face pic threads have died a death people are more aware now that people are sharing.

But the whole attitude on here that guys are always the bad ones (and yes I am well aware there are some complete assholes on here) and that women on here are always the poor innocent victims is naive.

I know people of both genders who have had things shared and it is just as bad and embarrassing for a guy for it to happen to as it is for a woman especially when done by someone you trusted.

Absolutely no one regardless of gender should be sharing private info or pics/vids. Sadly it will happen it always has.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Regardless of whether there are 5 or 500 images being shared the bigger question should be what is the end game?

If a group of arseholes are sharing pics just because they are intimate and revealing and they get off on having a wank while looking at them there is an assumption that said arseholes are exclusively men.

When they are shared specifically to target individuals there may well be a higher percentage of men who are guilty of this but as has been said many times right across the forums, women are equally as capable of being arseholes. The difference being that there appears to be a higher level of tolerance for shitstirring and nastiness when it comes to women. Blinkers might obscure your peripheral vision but most right thinking people can see what's right in front of them.

limerick

"If that's true, then you're right that's equally as bad. Noone has the right to disrespect anyone who sends them images in confidence. I think this thread is about pictures of women that have been compiled by a group of men into a large archive of pictures... and then shared that archive.

Threads tend to not always stay on one single topic anyhow so I don't think the fact the women share as well should be ignored.

People need to be aware and careful about who they share things with only share what you don't mind getting out in the public domain .

It's one of the reasons the face pic threads have died a death people are more aware now that people are sharing.

But the whole attitude on here that guys are always the bad ones (and yes I am well aware there are some complete assholes on here) and that women on here are always the poor innocent victims is naive.

I know people of both genders who have had things shared and it is just as bad and embarrassing for a guy for it to happen to as it is for a woman especially when done by someone you trusted.

Absolutely no one regardless of gender should be sharing private info or pics/vids. Sadly it will happen it always has.

"

I think I love u

Somewhere in Co. Down

"If that's true, then you're right that's equally as bad. Noone has the right to disrespect anyone who sends them images in confidence. I think this thread is about pictures of women that have been compiled by a group of men into a large archive of pictures... and then shared that archive.

I think I love u "

Oh stop it you'll have me blushing next

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I think I love u

Oh stop it you'll have me blushing next "

He's very old though

Somewhere in Co. Down

I think I love u

He's very old though "

Ahh sometimes the older the fiddle the sweeter the tune tho

Lucan

I think I love u

He's very old though

Ahh sometimes the older the fiddle the sweeter the tune tho "

Up to a point.. 54 is fine.

CJ is way past that

limerick

I think I love u

He's very old though

CJ is way past that "

Off with you young fella your self and ur blue pills its all natural here

Lucan

I think I love u

He's very old though

CJ is way past that

Off with you young fella your self and ur blue pills its all natural here "

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

Admin ( site owners ) decide the photo rules , they have photo mods to moderate

somewhere

"

Admin ( site owners ) decide the photo rules , they have photo mods to moderate"

Ruby if you have a photo rejected can you appeal

I've had photo's accepted and a few weeks later rejected after they've been used for a few weeks

Forum Mod

O o O oo

https://www.fabswingers.com/contact/owners

You sure can, leave the rejected pic in your gallery and ask Admin from the above link to review

somewhere

"https://www.fabswingers.com/contact/owners

You sure can, leave the rejected pic in your gallery and ask Admin from the above link to review"

Thanks Rugby...

By *irty_mindMan  over a year ago

in the sticks

The Sidney disclaimer or any other one of that type is complete nonsense and unnecessary. You can't use anybody's pictures without explicit consent.

And the idea that you need new legislation is pretty knee jerk too. We have already legislation, it's called GDPR and copyright laws and they have penalty sections too. It is already illegal to collect and distribute images.

It's just that Ireland (the state) can't be bothered to enforce it. So will it suddenly enforce new legislation? Try a guess.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"The Sidney disclaimer or any other one of that type is complete nonsense and unnecessary. You can't use anybody's pictures without explicit consent.

And the idea that you need new legislation is pretty knee jerk too. We have already legislation, it's called GDPR and copyright laws and they have penalty sections too. It is already illegal to collect and distribute images.

It's just that Ireland (the state) can't be bothered to enforce it. So will it suddenly enforce new legislation? Try a guess."

Didn't know it was illegal to collect images online always thought it came under photography laws as in you can record or take pics of anything you can see in a public space and a website like fab is a publicly accessible website and photos are uploaded "publicly" by members so they are open to being copied and viewed.. You can't trespass peoples eyes

East / North, Cork

"The Sidney disclaimer or any other one of that type is complete nonsense and unnecessary. You can't use anybody's pictures without explicit consent.

It's just that Ireland (the state) can't be bothered to enforce it. So will it suddenly enforce new legislation? Try a guess."

GDPR applies between business and individuals. An individual sending a picture (or 50,000 pictures) to another individual isn't covered by GDPR. It's not enforceable because it's not covered by that legislation.

By *irty_mindMan  over a year ago

in the sticks

"GDPR applies between business and individuals. An individual sending a picture (or 50,000 pictures) to another individual isn't covered by GDPR. It's not enforceable because it's not covered by that legislation."

Privacy and sovereignty over your own personal data (including pictures) is a human right. It doesn't matter whether a business or an individual infringes on it, GDPR applies. You can look at published pictures but not use them (re-publish, distribute, alter and publish, whatever) without explicit permission.

» Add a new message to this topic