FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Self esteem

Self esteem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was blocked the other night after being asked for a pic. I wonder do people think when they do it how it might effect the other person's self esteem.i really do believe people should instead of blocking someone just say that sorry you are not my type. Now I'm OK if the person gets abusive by all means block them then.I'm sure this has happened to both men and women here and it's not a nice feeling when it happens.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My opinion, its a random stranger online, I wouldn't let it get to you, don't take it to heart just move on from it, I don't think the person who blocked you will give you a second taught sorry

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Now I know it's easier for couples, but if we're asked for a pic, we always then ask for theirs first, because they asked first. I think its quite rude to ask for a pic if you're not prepared to send yours first. So I'm not surprised that they didn't have the decency to message to say that they weren't interested.

You can tell a lot from people by simply not being so willing to accommodate requests. That's my opinion anyway - Mrs

By *eta74Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

Its not nice what's so ever xxx

I'd hate if it happened to me tbh , if I ask for a photo means I'm interested in the profile ,

If a profile doesn't interest me I won't reply ,but if I do and ask for a photo and I feel I've no connection I'll say it in a nice way xx

"Its not nice what's so ever xxx

I'd hate if it happened to me tbh , if I ask for a photo means I'm interested in the profile ,

If a profile doesn't interest me I won't reply ,but if I do and ask for a photo and I feel I've no connection I'll say it in a nice way xx

"

though we were getting on well full of chat the she asked me for a face pic then boom I'm blocked it made me feel shite after it talk about knocking a fellas mojo

The way I look at it, with "online dating" as Fab technically is, it's a lot easier to approach someone, make the first move and break the ice. Say hello and try make conversation with a perfect stranger. However by the same rules, it's a lot easier to just break things off and just cut contact I'd you arwnt feeling it. It's just the nature of the game and you gotta take the good with the bad. It sucks, but in real life, if you seen the same person standing at a bus stop, you probably never would have approached them to ask them out at all.

"The way I look at it, with "online dating" as Fab technically is, it's a lot easier to approach someone, make the first move and break the ice. Say hello and try make conversation with a perfect stranger. However by the same rules, it's a lot easier to just break things off and just cut contact I'd you arwnt feeling it. It's just the nature of the game and you gotta take the good with the bad. It sucks, but in real life, if you seen the same person standing at a bus stop, you probably never would have approached them to ask them out at all."
ya I know but also I basically wouldn't call them ugly to their face either and by blocking someone after seeing their pics is exactly that

"I was blocked the other night after being asked for a pic. I wonder do people think when they do it how it might effect the other person's self esteem.i really do believe people should instead of blocking someone just say that sorry you are not my type. Now I'm OK if the person gets abusive by all means block them then.I'm sure this has happened to both men and women here and it's not a nice feeling when it happens. "

Welcome to the Jungle my friend , youre not the first and certainly wont be the last ..please do NOT let it affect your mojo or self esteem ..absolutely not worth that ..that some faceless person from God knows where ,who for all you know, could have a face like a bull dog chewing a wasp ,could affect your self esteem or well being..think of it that twas you that had the lucky escape..

By *321funMan  over a year ago

all

Agree just move on it’s not worth thinking about it if there not bother getting back to you it’s going to happen a lot

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"The way I look at it, with "online dating" as Fab technically is, it's a lot easier to approach someone, make the first move and break the ice. Say hello and try make conversation with a perfect stranger. However by the same rules, it's a lot easier to just break things off and just cut contact I'd you arwnt feeling it. It's just the nature of the game and you gotta take the good with the bad. It sucks, but in real life, if you seen the same person standing at a bus stop, you probably never would have approached them to ask them out at all.ya I know but also I basically wouldn't call them ugly to their face either and by blocking someone after seeing their pics is exactly that "

Its exactly because they dont have the balls to say it to your face that you got blocked. It's hard to say that to someone. It's easier to block. It sucks..but try and see that these people were never going to have sex with you anyway, so you didnt lose anything really.

I agree. its very hard, its probably happened us all. i understand its online and ya need a hard neck on here, and just move on and all that people say, but its missing the point. as someone above said, if they took the time to ask for the pic, a simple your not my type woulnt kill them, rather than just block. just because some people get loads of messages should not give them the right to be rude to people that dont.

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

"I know but also I basically wouldn't call them ugly to their face either and by blocking someone after seeing their pics is exactly that "

I don't think it's someone calling you ugly. It's someone who, for whatever reason, wouldn't tell you that you're not their cup of tea.

I used to let it get to me too OP however, as someone else pointed out, it's a random Internet stranger.

Try not to let em take up space in your head. It's not worth the hassle it causes

By *321funMan  over a year ago

all

Another thing some of us men might only get 4or 5 messages a day most women probably getting hundreds of messages for them

It’s probably a quick look through and block move on to next one

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It does happen to everyone and it will happen again. Don't let it get you down at the end of the day they are random strangers on the Internet. She may not have been what you were looking for either.

It happens us all. At least they just blocked you. Better than getting a nasty message. As they say plenty more fish in the sea

Happened me on an old profile a few times. The feeling is worse when you overthink it since they never send you one back. I'll never send one again unless I'm sent one first.

East / North, Cork

"Happened me on an old profile a few times. The feeling is worse when you overthink it since they never send you one back. I'll never send one again unless I'm sent one first."

That's a good policy.

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan  over a year ago

city

though we were getting on well full of chat the she asked me for a face pic then boom I'm blocked it made me feel shite after it talk about knocking a fellas mojo "

It happens a lot here.. Chat away for ages they ask for pic I oblige and soon after blocked... And for the record I'm not an orger because I used to do well when the world was open and we could go out lol But it still stings when it happens..

"Happened me on an old profile a few times. The feeling is worse when you overthink it since they never send you one back. I'll never send one again unless I'm sent one first.

That's a good policy."

I never ask for face pics because most conversations dont seem to go on long enough to where I feel like theres going to be a meeting. A few times I sent pics I was asked 2 or 3 texts in and at the time I said fair enough they want to know what I look like. Some would keep texting for ages after you send one then suddenly stop but you never really know who you're talking to. I'm from limerick and see loads of great local profiles but prefer to meet with outsiders because of the not knowing who you're talking to and sending pics to.

East / North, Cork

There is nothing wrong with asking someone to send a pic first if they are requesting yours.

By *ardyboy54321Man  over a year ago

Fermanagh

Just let it go would be my advice no point worrying over fab

By *ebels RisingCouple  over a year ago

Nearby

Super awkward if you dont like what you see! But it happens ti everyone so Chin up and all that Jazz

Rx

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

though we were getting on well full of chat the she asked me for a face pic then boom I'm blocked it made me feel shite after it talk about knocking a fellas mojo "

Relax there’s probably a sensible reason for it, she’s probably your mother/daughter/neighbour/boss (delete as appropriate)

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

Women are like bouncers they decide who gets to come in and who doesn't and sex is no different.. Granted many women here have very high expectations like wanting 10 inch dick and wanting someone from a modelling calender.. But thats the reason why they join sites like this to meet men I've just described.. They can get the average Joe in real life anytime

Next time don't send a goddam pic

Chalk it off and move on Worf

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"There is nothing wrong with asking someone to send a pic first if they are requesting yours. "

This was my point earlier. We would never ask for a face pic without sending our own first. If someone asks us for a face pic, we respond that it's no problem but that they should send theirs first.

If you want to avoid this happening again, this should be your policy. Single guys should never skip to the tune of ladies or couples.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"There is nothing wrong with asking someone to send a pic first if they are requesting yours.

This was my point earlier. We would never ask for a face pic without sending our own first. If someone asks us for a face pic, we respond that it's no problem but that they should send theirs first.

If you want to avoid this happening again, this should be your policy. Single guys should never skip to the tune of ladies or couples."

^^^^

This

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

Look hey it is what it is move on

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Did you not have exactly the same issue a few months ago op?

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Did you not have exactly the same issue a few months ago op? "

Last week also

"Did you not have exactly the same issue a few months ago op?

Last week also "

Klingons are a warrior species with a very short memory!

He could very well ll do the same next week and have zero recollection of it every happening previously!

#truestory

"Did you not have exactly the same issue a few months ago op?

Last week also

Klingons are a warrior species with a very short memory!

He could very well ll do the same next week and have zero recollection of it every happening previously!

#truestory "

it's from belts in the head from bat'leths or blood wine

Yeah i agree it's not nice to block people. Just be straight about things.

East / North, Cork

"Yeah i agree it's not nice to block people. Just be straight about things. "

Nonsense. It's fine to block people for any reason

They don’t have to think about it, their profile, their pics.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I was blocked the other night after being asked for a pic. I wonder do people think when they do it how it might effect the other person's self esteem. "

I am not responsible for other peoples self esteem although it would have been polite for a person to say no thanks if they had asked for a pic

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't talk about forum bans on the forum please

» Add a new message to this topic