FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Is this a thing now ffs

Is this a thing now ffs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

When we had kids you just wanted everything to go well,you found out the sex when the baby came out and that was that

On our last one we were asked did we want to know and we said no thanks and just waited.

Now today I've been asked to log on to a Zoom gender reveal party by my nephew

Is this a thing now....do I have to pretend to give a flying fuck or can I just not bother my arse logging on

I presume that this is some new American thing thats crossed the Atlantic

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it’s a nice thing. It also gives the kid another little memory to look back on.

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

There's so much sport on tv today to have time to log onto zoom for that crap. Just my opinion

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Don't do it if you don't want too but yea it does seem to be very popular now. We found out with our children what we were having before they were born but didn't tell others. I suppose it's a bit like people having baby showers now too

Just log in and mute it

somewhere

"Just log in and mute it"

Thats feckin clever....i like your thinking

somewhere

"Don't do it if you don't want too but yea it does seem to be very popular now. We found out with our children what we were having before they were born but didn't tell others. I suppose it's a bit like people having baby showers now too"

It's great that you get the choice to know or not and you can make plans accordingly but its the whole reveal to everyone party thing than annoys me

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Don't do it if you don't want too but yea it does seem to be very popular now. We found out with our children what we were having before they were born but didn't tell others. I suppose it's a bit like people having baby showers now too

It's great that you get the choice to know or not and you can make plans accordingly but its the whole reveal to everyone party thing than annoys me

"

It's like the letters and emails the American cousins used to send every Christmas updating you on everything that has happened in the passed year and who's doing what and where and why but now they're starting at conception.

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

I heard a gender reveal party was what started the fires in California a few months back.

Apparently fireworks started it.

Don't know how true but that was the first time I heard about gender reveals.

"Just log in and mute it"

That's incredible genius

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I wasn't able to find out the sex of my first I remember pleading to be told, I went for a scan late on in my pregnancy and asked again and still was told I can see the sex but I can't tell you... fast forward less then six months later I'm back getting scanned with my second child and the same lady scanned me again first thing she asked was how is your little girl .... my last pregnancy I found out, my oldest was with me and the lady told her your going to have a little sister

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Ahh come on. Log on and support them. They are excited about the baby. I dont imagine it will go on too long.

We wouldnt do a party..but we did make a bit of fun out of it as the older kids were desperate to know the sex.

I hate gender reveals & baby showers but you feel like you have to oblige as not to offend. I didn't find out with my wee girl. Every time I went for a scan I told them to tell me when to look around but she always had her legs crossed anyway. I think it's nice to get a surprise. As long as they are healthy that's all that matters you can't give them back so take enjoy the surprise.

somewhere

I have to be honest I didnt bother joining in and heard via a message later anyway

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Sounds a bit self-absorbed. Why not just send the info in a text?

somewhere

"Sounds a bit self-absorbed. Why not just send the info in a text? "

I can understand telling your kids if they want to know but thats it....half the fun would be telling them not to tell anyone else and see who breaks first.

There's a huge amount of gender reveal videos on youtube

I can understand wanting your family and friends involved in such a moment but I think any over-the-top, elaborate, "reveal" is a smidge unnecessary.

There's very few genuine surprises in life and while I haven't experienced having a child *knocks on wood* I can imagine finding out whether you're having a boy or a girl is a feeling you can't describe or replicate!

Wanting to share that feeling with loved ones I can understand, however, if you're setting fire to a forest when doing so you've gone too far

By *gentleman44Man  over a year ago

dublin

"I hate gender reveals & baby showers but you feel like you have to oblige as not to offend. I didn't find out with my wee girl. Every time I went for a scan I told them to tell me when to look around but she always had her legs crossed anyway. I think it's nice to get a surprise. As long as they are healthy that's all that matters you can't give them back so take enjoy the surprise. "

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

It's all the rage apparently, as said above if you feel you have to, log on and mute.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

Like everything its a American thang baby shower to gender reveal. Each to there. It's all about keeping up the Jones...

"Like everything its a American thang baby shower to gender reveal. Each to there. It's all about keeping up the Jones...

"

Sure he's your "nephew" ruined the whole reveal bit.

By *emper-fudgeMan  over a year ago

Blackrock

I think that they are quite self obsessed and shallow, plus lets be honest somtimes people want a specific gender, so even though no one will admit it some one will be slightly dissapointed if they do not get their prefered gender, but will ultimatley have to put a slightly dissapointed smile on(kind of like getting a gift you wanted..but its the wrong colour).also nothing worse than naming your kid something stupid..i heard of someone callimg thier kid "renzo" like come on !!give the kid a chance not to be a drug dealear...

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"I think that they are quite self obsessed and shallow, plus lets be honest somtimes people want a specific gender, so even though no one will admit it some one will be slightly dissapointed if they do not get their prefered gender, but will ultimatley have to put a slightly dissapointed smile on(kind of like getting a gift you wanted..but its the wrong colour).also nothing worse than naming your kid something stupid..i heard of someone callimg thier kid "renzo" like come on !!give the kid a chance not to be a drug dealear..."

Is this just a general dig at expectant parents now?

By *emper-fudgeMan  over a year ago

Blackrock

God no..just the ones that give thier kids silly names and have cringy gender reveal parties

» Add a new message to this topic