FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > All things to all men...

All things to all men...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ealitybites OP   Man  over a year ago

Belfast

....is an old saying meaning to act in a way where you are trying to be nice to everyone and tailor your comments and conversations so as not to offend but it can also refer to a scheming individual who says only what he or she knows the other person or persons want to hear.

Similar but more intentional traits are sucking up and fawning.

They both involve trying to ingratiate yourself, court, flatter or pander to a person or persons simply because of their social position or status in a group or in this little world of fab,someone they want to shag.

At what point if any does the person being put on the pedestal stop and think about the other persons words and actions?

Do they ignore the fact that this total stranger who knows absolutely nothing about them apart from a short bio and a few scantily clad pics is able to tell them how amazing and wonderful they are?

Do they ignore all the warning signs such as that persons interactions with others and are blindsided by the slick approach via private message?

To cut to the chase and link to other threads about physical appearance and the quality of messages received, how quick are we to let our guard down when faced with an inbox full of flattery and fawning or do we treat those with the same level of suspicion we do the abusive and cut and paste ones?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My guard never comes down. I'm a realist and I have mirrors in my house. Flattery has little effect on me and I take any that arrives in our DMs with a huge pinch of salt. Compliments will normally be met with a thank you, but I rarely believe their sincerity. I have fairly low self esteem sometimes exacerbated by the state of my mental health so I have a high level of scepticism when people try to blow smoke up my arse

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I believe I am fairly cynical at this stage of my life .

I certainly don't believe the messages I get from complete strangers telling me I'm stunning etc especially as they haven't even seen my face.

The same as people on here who are always nice never ever say anything even slightly narky just in case they might annoy someone. Some must have splinters in their asses from sitting on the fence so much. No one is always nice so it always makes me feel it more of an act than actually a real personality.

I prefer to see peoples real personalities come through and while I may not agree with some stuff said at least those who post what they think aren't hiding behind a fake persona.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"I believe I am fairly cynical at this stage of my life .

I certainly don't believe the messages I get from complete strangers telling me I'm stunning etc especially as they haven't even seen my face.

The same as people on here who are always nice never ever say anything even slightly narky just in case they might annoy someone. Some must have splinters in their asses from sitting on the fence so much. No one is always nice so it always makes me feel it more of an act than actually a real personality.

I prefer to see peoples real personalities come through and while I may not agree with some stuff said at least those who post what they think aren't hiding behind a fake persona.

"

Hey im pretty nice. Most of the time. I think.

Somewhere in Co. Down

Hey im pretty nice. Most of the time. I think. "

You definitely are I'm not gonna argue with you anyhow you'd kick my ass from here to next year if I did

Waterford

You definitely are I'm not gonna argue with you anyhow you'd kick my ass from here to next year if I did "

Ah no i wouldnt do that to you. I reserves that for geralt and rb

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

You definitely are I'm not gonna argue with you anyhow you'd kick my ass from here to next year if I did

Ah no i wouldnt do that to you. I reserves that for geralt and rb "

My spidey senses are tingling

Somewhere in Co. Down

Ah no i wouldnt do that to you. I reserves that for geralt and rb "

Can I at least watch that so

cork

Can I at least watch that so "

Pay per view Bo

Somewhere in Co. Down

Pay per view Bo"

Ah now Ger that's just being mean.

cork

Pay per view Bo

Ah now Ger that's just being mean. "

I’m the one pretending to get beaten up

Somewhere in Co. Down

Pay per view Bo

Ah now Ger that's just being mean.

I’m the one pretending to get beaten up "

ye you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better

Waterford

Geralt i will kick your ass around cork. Youre on a mission to piss me off lately

cork

"Geralt i will kick your ass around cork. Youre on a mission to piss me off lately"

Must be the cabin fever setting in

» Add a new message to this topic