FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Lads in leggings.....

Lads in leggings.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reland8 OP   Man  over a year ago

sandyford

I heard it reported on the radio today( I really thought I’d heard it wrong!) that young lads in a secondary school in Carlow (I think) were going to be wearing leggings as a protest/in solidarity with the girls, because the girls had been banned from wearing tight clothes as it was distracting to the male teachers!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

Don't know the whole story but you'd think a male teacher getting 'distracted' by teenage girls would be the thing to get banned, not the girls clothes.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I heard it reported on the radio today( I really thought I’d heard it wrong!) that young lads in a secondary school in Carlow (I think) were going to be wearing leggings as a protest/in solidarity with the girls, because the girls had been banned from wearing tight clothes as it was distracting to the male teachers!!! "

Yup it's true along with a petition with 4000 signatures on it. Same school suspended one of my sisters for kissing on school ground twenty odd years ago. Morons

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

"Don't know the whole story but you'd think a male teacher getting 'distracted' by teenage girls would be the thing to get banned, not the girls clothes."

Agreed!

By *reland8 OP   Man  over a year ago

sandyford

"I heard it reported on the radio today( I really thought I’d heard it wrong!) that young lads in a secondary school in Carlow (I think) were going to be wearing leggings as a protest/in solidarity with the girls, because the girls had been banned from wearing tight clothes as it was distracting to the male teachers!!!

Yup it's true along with a petition with 4000 signatures on it. Same school suspended one of my sisters for kissing on school ground twenty odd years ago. Morons"

It’s dark ages!

If your job performance is negativly affected by someone wearing tight clothing, then you cant be very competent at your job.

By *unsoundMan  over a year ago

Ennis

[Removed by poster at 24/11/20 22:11:07]

Ennis

I think some leggings are less than appropriate and some are perfectly OK, so I think is it important to conserve some sort of dress code for certain type of situations and places

So ill give you few examples

Weddings : formal wear

Some work places : uniform

Most if not all schools : uniform

Anyways you get the idea

So i don't see the idea of banning some leggings that might be inappropriate for school as a ludicrous idea !

But boys wearing for solidarity to the girls is complete stupidity and it only create anarchy , to be honest the world is throwing away common sense day by day And is not an old fashion idea to think that, we must respect some rules and basic principles in society, like respecting others !

And I mean some leggings are too see through and too reveling to just wear around. with all due respect I dont wanna see your bits through your inappropriate leggings !

But how do you ban some leggings and not others , so it is much easier to ban them all! No confusion then! As there is always someone that will skirt the line !

My opinion and I think there is common sense in it

I think there’s a lot of mini formation surrounding this.

Sounds like a common UNIFORM for PE would solve future misunderstandings.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

in fairness, a 17/18 yo hot youngone comes in with leggings bet to her. males could be in their 20s or 30s teaching. natural reaction is too look. I still dont think they should be banned. secondary schools should have a tracksuit.

"I think there’s a lot of mini formation surrounding this.

Sounds like a common UNIFORM for PE would solve future misunderstandings. "

I agree. For example, I can understand someone saying that almost see-through skintight leggings is inappropriate wear for a classroom, or office, or anywhere that a certain level of professionalism is expected.

But that wasnt their issue that it was too informal. They specifically said it was distracting staff. Imbiciles.

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

Grey tracksuit bottoms would solve it

"I think there’s a lot of mini formation surrounding this.

Sounds like a common UNIFORM for PE would solve future misunderstandings.

I agree. For example, I can understand someone saying that almost see-through skintight leggings is inappropriate wear for a classroom, or office, or anywhere that a certain level of professionalism is expected.

But that wasnt their issue that it was too informal. They specifically said it was distracting staff. Imbiciles."

Hahaha Yeah that was possibly the worst way they could of expressed it in this time in the world, "uh save these men's poor dignities". Leggings are perhaps the most distracting clothing item available. Part of the reason everyone is wearing them is for that reason exactly, other I suppose they see it innocently as a "hip" or "with it" clothing attire.

There should be a relatively loose fitting school tracksuit for PE for both boys and girls. There should definitely be a dress code. That's life theres rules in places and dress codes aren't the worst. In saying that it is weird to say it was distracting teachers. I also chatted with female friends about school etc...and they said they would lift their skirts up higher and button their shirts down lower to wind up boys in the school etc..so some girls do things that are inappropriate while pretending to do nothing at all. Make a comfortable tracksuit compulsory and end of story.

Ennis

"There should be a relatively loose fitting school tracksuit for PE for both boys and girls. There should definitely be a dress code. That's life theres rules in places and dress codes aren't the worst. In saying that it is weird to say it was distracting teachers. I also chatted with female friends about school etc...and they said they would lift their skirts up higher and button their shirts down lower to wind up boys in the school etc..so some girls do things that are inappropriate while pretending to do nothing at all. Make a comfortable tracksuit compulsory and end of story. "

By *haggy_bearMan  over a year ago

Sligo

I think the worrying thing about it is the fact that there are still some Irish men that think it's ok to tell women what to wear instead of modifying their own behavior.

Tipperary

"I think the worrying thing about it is the fact that there are still some Irish men that think it's ok to tell women what to wear instead of modifying their own behavior."
as far as I'm aware it was a female who had a problem with inappropriate clothing been worn for PE.

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

Yeah too rite look hey dropped lads to niteclub where they ave to wear white shirt an black pants to get in and young females can enter wearing whatever they want or in most cases very little ..crazy .time someone spoke up

Ennis

"I think the worrying thing about it is the fact that there are still some Irish men that think it's ok to tell women what to wear instead of modifying their own behavior.as far as I'm aware it was a female who had a problem with inappropriate clothing been worn for PE."
I was thinking this , because it sound like the words of a woman, no disrespect to the well balance women out there ,but is easy to slate men , anyways no man I know who complain about such thing

Tipperary

"I think the worrying thing about it is the fact that there are still some Irish men that think it's ok to tell women what to wear instead of modifying their own behavior.as far as I'm aware it was a female who had a problem with inappropriate clothing been worn for PE. I was thinking this , because it sound like the words of a woman, no disrespect to the well balance women out there ,but is easy to slate men , anyways no man I know who complain about such thing "
a school tracksuit solves the issue

» Add a new message to this topic