FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Christmas food

Christmas food

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo32 OP   Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Will any folks be helping out this year?donating to food banks...homeless shelters...st Vincent de paul...

Lyons clubs or any other organisations?Christmas will def be tight for a lot of families this year...donate food if ya can..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

There's a guy I know runs a meals on wheels type thing but it's not cooked meals & not specifically for the elderly. It goes to families in the community that are not in the greatest of positions. I usually do food parcels for him to distribute. I do that like once a month when I get paid and at Christmas I go a little bigger.

Will more than likely do that for this Christmas too.

It is a very difficult time of year financially for some folk and I prefer the likes for donating food parcels/household bits coz I feel that gets to those who need it as opposed to money. No telling how much money you could donate goes to those in need. But that's just my take on it

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

We have gathered quite a collection of food, warm clothes and toiletries donations for Belfast Homeless Services from fellow fabbers as well as from ourselves back in September.

Will be gathering up another parcel soon.

Would hesitate to donate money to multi level charities as you genuinely don't know what percentage of it is actually going to the good cause.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's almost one hundred Fabbers joining in to donate to various charities this Christmas, Ohpee, in the 'Secret Santa'

Even without taking the pandemic into consideration Christmas can be a hard time for far too many so every little most certainly helps.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I buy something extra and donate it to food bank sections in shops quite often durning the year. And will when I get paid again next month.I'm not on a big wage but I do try and help when I can.

I no longer donate to larger charities as I found the more you gave the more they try and push you for more all the time.

I do find the whole pressuring people no matter how subtle to donate especially at Christmas hard to stomach. It happens a lot and I have seen people who have very little themselves feel pressured into donating and actually suffering themselves as a result all because they were made feel guilty for not donating.

By *ndefiniteSparkMan  over a year ago

ignites minds to unite ...

Secret Santa donation going out and getting a clothing donation ready too.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I donate clothing and household goods to a number of charities throughout the year including St Vincent de Paul. I've never donated food or money.

There is the wearing a Xmas jumper for focus Ireland i am thinking of doing this one myself. We are hoping to do a sleep out over night for the homeless if the restrictions allow.

Always Contribute to the various causes as best l can ...Huge Salute to ALL those that are involved in those organisations..HUGE SALUTE.

By *oo32 OP   Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Fair play to ye,it def hasn't been an easy year for a lot of folks

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Always donate to local SVDP all year around ,also to Belfast Homeless

By *opandcat2015Couple  over a year ago

dublin

Not just at Christmas we sometimes feel like donating to a good cause. When we have a little spare cash or clothing ect.

Our only concern is it going to where its intended.

By *im44Man  over a year ago

traveling with work, but mainly cork

I have a food business, we always donate, not just at Christmas,,, life goes on outside of Christmas

» Add a new message to this topic