FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fake Couple Profile?

Fake Couple Profile?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Okay, so we are relatively new to Fab (We have only had our couples profile for a couple of weeks) We've made some great friends and connections, both as a couple and as singles and have been getting some good advice and direction. We've been told (& we have read about) the single guys pretending to be part of a couple. Not sure yet how widespread this is.

We are pretty sure, however, that we recently encountered this:

We thought we were chatting to nice female. 'She' shared nice face pics of both m&f and they looked a nice, sexy couple. They weren't verified, (but either were we, so what can you do?). A couple of times we asked Ms to get Mr into the conversation, but were advised he was in bed as he worked nights etc. We exchanged kik. When I finally asked, 'well what does Mr think about possibly meeting?' I got the response 'he wants to meet you to chat because he's a bit nervous'. I said that this was fine, but almost straight away 'she' said 'maybe he'll get to play with you both without me haha'.

Immediately we felt like an awful pair of eejits as it dawned on us that this 'she' was clearly a 'he' and that there was obviously NO couple. (Also a bit worrying if the pics he sent were actually of him...with an ex (or maybe even his current partner)...which would be pretty shitty really....but we just don't know for sure.

Anyway, can anyone share any of their 'near misses' with fake users like this? I presume our experience is pretty common? Are there other similar obvious 'scams' that we should be on the lookout for?

(Just to say this isn't a single male bashing post. Some great lads here.- Directed more at the slightly underhand antics of the few.)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaandterryCouple  over a year ago

Westmeath

Keep calm and move on. If you are genuine, usually I would say attend a club or meet and greet but with restriction in place it's not really a runner at the moment.

So my advice for fun would be to keep the naughtiness locked up till we can all get back to normality. Web cams can be fun xxtina

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

I'd say, conservatively, 70-80% of new couple and female profiles are fake. After you've been here a while you spot them a mile away. Until then, trust no one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'd say, conservatively, 70-80% of new couple and female profiles are fake. After you've been here a while you spot them a mile away. Until then, trust no one "

I’ve been told the same but I feel like it’s quiet dangerous as most or a lot of profiles look for a pic which I mostly do to send a message to.. I would actually just send to a verified profile but then I hear it’s easy enough to get fake verified.. all a bit unnerving..

I know the Male OP so I know he’s genuine.. any advice on what to actually look out for would be appreciated..

narnia

"I'd say, conservatively, 70-80% of new couple and female profiles are fake. After you've been here a while you spot them a mile away. Until then, trust no one

I’ve been told the same but I feel like it’s quiet dangerous as most or a lot of profiles look for a pic which I mostly do to send a message to.. I would actually just send to a verified profile but then I hear it’s easy enough to get fake verified.. all a bit unnerving..

I know the Male OP so I know he’s genuine.. any advice on what to actually look out for would be appreciated.. "

Photo verified for a start. And follow the verification trail, who verified the people that verified them, it's not fool proof, but it helps. Google reverse pic search helps spot fakes too. Live pic on Kik is also pretty invaluable

"I'd say, conservatively, 70-80% of new couple and female profiles are fake. After you've been here a while you spot them a mile away. Until then, trust no one

I know the Male OP so I know he’s genuine.. any advice on what to actually look out for would be appreciated..

Photo verified for a start. And follow the verification trail, who verified the people that verified them, it's not fool proof, but it helps. Google reverse pic search helps spot fakes too. Live pic on Kik is also pretty invaluable "

^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

The live pic feature on Kik is invaluable

By *reland8Man  over a year ago

sandyford

"I'd say, conservatively, 70-80% of new couple and female profiles are fake. After you've been here a while you spot them a mile away. Until then, trust no one "

Seriously?? (70-80?) it’s this bad?? Already the percentage of men v women is bad and now 70/80 of the 1% are fake too

narnia

Seriously?? (70-80?) it’s this bad?? Already the percentage of men v women is bad and now 70/80 of the 1% are fake too "

Do a search for new couples and new girls, tell me how many of them look fake..

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

We've wasted loads of time with fake profiles and also with real profiles who aren't what they seem. So what we do is:

1) if all goes well with messaging for a week or two, we suggest coffee. They usually make an excuse if they aren't authentic.

2) we plan on attending every Meet and Greet in the country once things open up. This is the best way to suss people out 'efficiently'. - Mrs

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

When restrictions are over go to meet and greet always nice to put real faces to profiles

Good luck

By *ORETHANUSCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Photo verified for a start. And follow the verification trail, who verified the people that verified them, it's not fool proof, but it helps. Google reverse pic search helps spot fakes too. Live pic on Kik is also pretty invaluable "

Good advice. We joined this time last year and are learning all the time. Also good advice to move on. Takes all sorts

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan  over a year ago

South Limerick

Op...I know exactly who your taking about...had the exact same issues with two "couples" here....and going on what your saying. I know who your taking about.

sandyford

Seriously?? (70-80?) it’s this bad?? Already the percentage of men v women is bad and now 70/80 of the 1% are fake too

Do a search for new couples and new girls, tell me how many of them look fake.. "

I’m not doubting you;) it’s just disappointing, most are obviously but I still hoped it wasn’t THAT bad;(;(

Like there is a post at the minute from a “female” that goes something like this - “married cock drained this morning” no pics on profile, no veri etc nothing but wants face pics sent to them first..... THATS an obvious one

Ah maybe some people have a veri go specsavers might see them better and maybe people don’t have loads of veris because of covid restrictions joined at wrong time and I’ve respect for my body to be plastering it online sorry if I don’t have confidence like all stunning girls on here because they are stunning it’s not a fake profile by the way

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

I’ve heard from the same couple 3 times. Different names, same photos. Always a scam. God knows why!!!

sandyford

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Ah maybe some people have a veri go specsavers might see them better and maybe people don’t have loads of veris because of covid restrictions joined at wrong time and I’ve respect for my body to be plastering it online sorry if I don’t have confidence like all stunning girls on here because they are stunning it’s not a fake profile by the way "

You can put up whatever pics you like or even none at all...its your profile

But then you expect a face pic with the first message

Can you see why people would think you're fake

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Thanks to a regular forum poster I've discovered this morning that a certain verified male profile who joined 3 months ago has copied and pasted my entire profile bio as his own.

I can't see the profile as he has blocked me so it was obviously not accidental.

Apparently he even kept the part with my name in it.

So if anyone knows a Dominant male royalty who enjoys 69's you might want to ask him to give me a shout. Cheers

somewhere

"Thanks to a regular forum poster I've discovered this morning that a certain verified male profile who joined 3 months ago has copied and pasted my entire profile bio as his own.

I can't see the profile as he has blocked me so it was obviously not accidental.

So if anyone knows a Dominant male royalty who enjoys 69's you might want to ask him to give me a shout. Cheers "

Already done and reported

somewhere

"Thanks to a regular forum poster I've discovered this morning that a certain verified male profile who joined 3 months ago has copied and pasted my entire profile bio as his own.

So if anyone knows a Dominant male royalty who enjoys 69's you might want to ask him to give me a shout. Cheers

Already done and reported "

His profile is gone now

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

His profile is gone now "

It's still there.

It's pathetic that people have to take other peoples bios, to sell themselves. Just as bad as taking peoples pics in my view anyhow.

That guy is less of a domk*ng and more of a donkey.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

His profile is gone now "

Its still there

somewhere

His profile is gone now

Its still there "

It doesn't show up on my search name anymore and yet it did earlier

Not sure how that works

His profile is gone now

Its still there

Not sure how that works "

He obviously has you blocked now too.

So if anyone knows a Dominant male royalty who enjoys 69's you might want to ask him to give me a shout. Cheers "

OMG crazy s*it. This seems to be happening quite a bit recently, profile cloning

Agreed.

I use to be apart of a couples profile on here and while yes, we both got disheartened of the amount of guys pretending to be couples it actually annoyed me more as being a bloke myself I can easily see through them after a while

It always ends the same - the "woman" saying how the couple should meet the man alone. Lol.

At the time we were talking to a couple with many verifications and you could tell it was just a guy. Then "she" hits the cliche above.

I was scratching my head as to what was going on. Did they separate and he had access to a profile? Or perhaps verifications were all fake.

My two cents: don't trust people on here unless you speak on a video call. Verifications are no longer a guaranteed way to verify someone as real unless said verification is by someone who you know and can contact.

sandyford

[Removed by poster at 27/11/20 14:28:42]

sandyford

Agreed.

I use to be apart of a couples profile on here and while yes, we both got disheartened of the amount of guys pretending to be couples it actually annoyed me more as being a bloke myself I can easily see through them after a while

It always ends the same - the "woman" saying how the couple should meet the man alone. Lol.

At the time we were talking to a couple with many verifications and you could tell it was just a guy. Then "she" hits the cliche above.

I was scratching my head as to what was going on. Did they separate and he had access to a profile? Or perhaps verifications were all fake.

My two cents: don't trust people on here unless you speak on a video call. Verifications are no longer a guaranteed way to verify someone as real unless said verification is by someone who you know and can contact.

"

But..... what if their pics are REALLY REALLY HOT!! Like model quality?? And you really want them to be really??

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

Agreed.

But..... what if their pics are REALLY REALLY HOT!! Like model quality?? And you really want them to be really??

"

then look onto the pics and have a mind blowing orgasm by shaking one off

By *rotic desiresWoman  over a year ago

Here and there

His profile is gone now

Its still there

Not sure how that works

He obviously has you blocked now too."

I believe what happens when a profile gets reported, is that the 2 profiles (the reporter and the reported) that are clashing are blocked from just seeing each other by the site owners - nothing has actually happened to this particular profile copying and pasting another's. He's well and alive and online and has made a few friends too by the looks of his profile!!!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

His profile is gone now

Its still there

Not sure how that works

I believe what happens when a profile gets reported, is that the 2 profiles (the reporter and the reported) that are clashing are blocked from just seeing each other by the site owners - nothing has actually happened to this particular profile copying and pasting another's. He's well and alive and online and has made a few friends too by the looks of his profile!!!"

I assume you know the profile then?

His profile is gone now

Its still there

Not sure how that works

I believe what happens when a profile gets reported, is that the 2 profiles (the reporter and the reported) that are clashing are blocked from just seeing each other by the site owners - nothing has actually happened to this particular profile copying and pasting another's. He's well and alive and online and has made a few friends too by the looks of his profile!!!"

That depends what you report them for. I consistently report two profiles for using photos from porn sites. The photos are subsequently removed (I assume by admon). The two guys continue to upload porn site photos and I continue to report them but we've never been blocked from each other by admin.

However if you report someone for requesting a physical meet during covid, admin will block you from each other's profiles for that

sandyford

Agreed.

then look onto the pics and have a mind blowing orgasm by shaking one off "

safest option

By *rotic desiresWoman  over a year ago

Here and there

His profile is gone now

Its still there

Not sure how that works

I believe what happens when a profile gets reported, is that the 2 profiles (the reporter and the reported) that are clashing are blocked from just seeing each other by the site owners - nothing has actually happened to this particular profile copying and pasting another's. He's well and alive and online and has made a few friends too by the looks of his profile!!!

I assume you know the profile then? "

I don't know the profile, no...but I checked him out after seeing your post. Using a laptop, it is possible to see the friends of a user if they chose not to hide them in their privacy section. I've had a couple of incidences with breeches of another profile user using my photos. After reporting them, I couldn't see the profile in question anymore, but other users said they could. This annoyed me because I would have approached the "friends" of the user using my photos to inform them, that the person was using pics not their own, but wasn't possible because of the block. Once other users, friends of mine, reported the profile, they couldn't see the profile anymore but those that didn't report still could. Hence my belief that there is a block put between the reporter and the reported rather than the user actually being removed from the site!

» Add a new message to this topic