FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Lockdown/feeling low

Lockdown/feeling low

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If anyone is feeling low during this lockdown don't hold it inside just talk about it with a friend and stay safe

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

good post. many will need too talk to people.

"good post. many will need too talk to people. "
we are all in the same boat here no point in bottling it up

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"If anyone is feeling low during this lockdown don't hold it inside just talk about it with a friend and stay safe "

I’m really struggling. But I think everyone is.

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"good post. many will need too talk to people. we are all in the same boat here no point in bottling it up "
I'd be guessing some are alot worse then others.

"If anyone is feeling low during this lockdown don't hold it inside just talk about it with a friend and stay safe

I’m really struggling. But I think everyone is. "

that's what close friends are for I had a very low point in my life many moons ago and my closest friends pulled me through now I'd trust them with my life. Just chat to them trust me it will help

By *eebawMan  over a year ago

Good advice a problem shared is a problem halved. And if feeling in a bad spot even the chat with someone is good takes your mind off it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pick up the phone. Call a friend. Text a friend. Make that move and it will help. We have all been there at some stage

Dublin City

"If anyone is feeling low during this lockdown don't hold it inside just talk about it with a friend and stay safe

I’m really struggling. But I think everyone is. that's what close friends are for I had a very low point in my life many moons ago and my closest friends pulled me through now I'd trust them with my life. Just chat to them trust me it will help "

But isn’t the worst kind of loneliness where you’re lonely in a crowd? Not everyone has someone to tell everything to...

It's good to talk, we should all help and support each other through theses harsh times

Get out and go for a walk - trust me it works

Even if it’s only it’s only to get a coffee

I’m really struggling. But I think everyone is. that's what close friends are for I had a very low point in my life many moons ago and my closest friends pulled me through now I'd trust them with my life. Just chat to them trust me it will help

But isn’t the worst kind of loneliness where you’re lonely in a crowd? Not everyone has someone to tell everything to... "

I know what you mean is there someone on here you could chat to. I'm sure we all would be willing to help.

All types of loneliness and depression/anxiety/struggles are crap. Experienced some of it myself. It’s knowing friends are there that you can even just send a “need help” text to if you don’t have the energy or confidence or feel worthy enough to call them. And even better if they sense you’re not doing well and call you.

If you have someone you sense isn’t doing well, lift the phone.

In your case, have you anyone here or in “normal life” you can send a short text just saying it would be nice to chat?

By *onedbodMan  over a year ago

co Galway

Excercise is the key! No matter what type be it a walk, gym, a run , press ups, sit ups, etc releases endorphins which give a positive feeling in your body! Every day do a bit it will help a lot!

Dublin City

I’m really struggling. But I think everyone is. that's what close friends are for I had a very low point in my life many moons ago and my closest friends pulled me through now I'd trust them with my life. Just chat to them trust me it will help

But isn’t the worst kind of loneliness where you’re lonely in a crowd? Not everyone has someone to tell everything to... I know what you mean is there someone on here you could chat to. I'm sure we all would be willing to help. "

Yes I do. And he’s already seen this and text and I’m chatting loads and he’s always there for me. It’s just that this lockdown has come at the worst time, heaping more shit on top of existing copious amounts of shit. I’ll be better tomorrow .

But isn’t the worst kind of loneliness where you’re lonely in a crowd? Not everyone has someone to tell everything to... I know what you mean is there someone on here you could chat to. I'm sure we all would be willing to help.

Yes I do. And he’s already seen this and text and I’m chatting loads and he’s always there for me. It’s just that this lockdown has come at the worst time, heaping more shit on top of existing copious amounts of shit. I’ll be better tomorrow . "

That’s good. Everyone has shite days and remembering that is helpful... they won’t always be shite once you keep in touch with a couple of people

By *kcoupleCouple  over a year ago

I firmly believe suicide awareness training is as important as pediatric or first responder training. I like most have had my issues in the past and I have no doubt that I will struggle again in the future.

The hardest thing to do when one is struggling is to talk to someone but the relief when someone you trust notices and has a no holes barred conversation (not lecture) with you. Posting phones numbers to services isn't always enough. If you think someone is struggling then ask them outright, if you feel you are under pressure and can't approach a family member then reach out here. If you have 20 mins to spare here is a link to a short course that will give you some very basic tips in what to do and how to spot some signs https://ohana.ie/

"I firmly believe suicide awareness training is as important as pediatric or first responder training. I like most have had my issues in the past and I have no doubt that I will struggle again in the future.

The hardest thing to do when one is struggling is to talk to someone but the relief when someone you trust notices and has a no holes barred conversation (not lecture) with you. Posting phones numbers to services isn't always enough. If you think someone is struggling then ask them outright, if you feel you are under pressure and can't approach a family member then reach out here. If you have 20 mins to spare here is a link to a short course that will give you some very basic tips in what to do and how to spot some signs https://ohana.ie/"

That’s it yea. Just telling someone to ask for help isn’t enough. Often they aren’t in a position to try. So we all need to check in on people we think might be struggling

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"If anyone is feeling low during this lockdown don't hold it inside just talk about it with a friend and stay safe "

We should be all used to it by now

"I firmly believe suicide awareness training is as important as pediatric or first responder training. I like most have had my issues in the past and I have no doubt that I will struggle again in the future.

The hardest thing to do when one is struggling is to talk to someone but the relief when someone you trust notices and has a no holes barred conversation (not lecture) with you. Posting phones numbers to services isn't always enough. If you think someone is struggling then ask them outright, if you feel you are under pressure and can't approach a family member then reach out here. If you have 20 mins to spare here is a link to a short course that will give you some very basic tips in what to do and how to spot some signs https://ohana.ie/

That’s it yea. Just telling someone to ask for help isn’t enough. Often they aren’t in a position to try. So we all need to check in on people we think might be struggling"

I agree. Noticing the little things and ask is giving the opportunity for some to talk. It’s not always easy to ask for help but if the door is opened for the person it is easier to go through it.

I was talking to a friend today and he opened up out of blue about how he feeling. He has his own business and very worried. It was so out character for him to be so open. Everyone needs to talk. It makes such a difference. Especially guys.. We tend to bottle up

I'm so grateful to my Fab friends keeping me going these last few months. Be it texts or coffee or socially distant walks. Yesterday I was having a shit show of a day and arrived home to a bunch of flowers from one of the Fab ladies. I was instantly cheered up. We all have to try and support each other and be kind to each other and ourselves during these uncertain times.

Dublin City

"I'm so grateful to my Fab friends keeping me going these last few months. Be it texts or coffee or socially distant walks. Yesterday I was having a shit show of a day and arrived home to a bunch of flowers from one of the Fab ladies. I was instantly cheered up. We all have to try and support each other and be kind to each other and ourselves during these uncertain times. "

That’s brilliant. Some of the girls on here are pure brilliant.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

I’m always here if anyone needs to chat great post OP

"I’m always here if anyone needs to chat great post OP "
just want to keep people happy and healthy and well in these hard times

It’s always good to chat. Leaving aside that it’s a swing site people should be able to have a chat and break up what could be a very lonely day, a bit of banter , a joke from BM , a slag from KT , don’t ever be afraid to msg me for a chat

Fast (retired bar man )

The hardest thing to do when one is struggling is to talk to someone but the relief when someone you trust notices and has a no holes barred conversation (not lecture) with you. Posting phones numbers to services isn't always enough. If you think someone is struggling then ask them outright, if you feel you are under pressure and can't approach a family member then reach out here. If you have 20 mins to spare here is a link to a short course that will give you some very basic tips in what to do and how to spot some signs https://ohana.ie/"

Sometimes just reaching out to someone whether its you that is struggling or they are can be the moment that means the most. I've seen people tear these threads apart because its a swinger site and noone is qualified but honestly sometimes just knowing that someone thought about you enough to say hey how you doing? Could be the little bit of hope that is needed at the right time.

And this year may have been a bovril flavoured lollipop but I'm thankful for it, I have realised a lot of things and learnt a lot of things and I look forward to continuing the changes I've made.

As I've said before anyone wants to chat my inbox is always open xx

By *ivemeagosoMan  over a year ago

Tallaght/Naas

This hole lock down

Is such a struggle for me

And lots of people on here!!!!!!!

You just got to try and keep the heads up and hope

Somthing next year has to get better next year

"This hole lock down

Is such a struggle for me

And lots of people on here!!!!!!!

You just got to try and keep the heads up and hope

Somthing next year has to get better next year "

it will get better for all of us soon

Think positive book some flights

As someone who has battled anxiety and depression most of my adult life this has been a particularly hard year. Please talk to someone people. If you get a message, be kind in your response, don't ignore, just message and say no thanks. Just to even be acknowledged by someone does help. Don't ignore them. Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas

My in box is always there for anyone that is struggling. Its ok not to be ok. Much love to everyone

If you ever need anything please just message me. Don't do this alone

"good post. many will need too talk to people. we are all in the same boat here no point in bottling it up "

Not the same boat but all riding the same storm

"good post. many will need too talk to people. we are all in the same boat here no point in bottling it up

Not the same boat but all riding the same storm "

we all can be that port in the storm

But isn’t the worst kind of loneliness where you’re lonely in a crowd? Not everyone has someone to tell everything to... "

Sometimes a good stranger is the best to talk to as you don't have to fear judgement as much.

It’s been very hard and I’ve always been so upbeat, brave etc....I’m not doing too well if the truth be told and I’m struggling to just hold on....few deep breaths, fresh air etc have helped me stay afloat... x

Thanks for the post OP x

"It’s been very hard and I’ve always been so upbeat, brave etc....I’m not doing too well if the truth be told and I’m struggling to just hold on....few deep breaths, fresh air etc have helped me stay afloat... x

Thanks for the post OP x"

Hold on better times are coming

"It’s been very hard and I’ve always been so upbeat, brave etc....I’m not doing too well if the truth be told and I’m struggling to just hold on....few deep breaths, fresh air etc have helped me stay afloat... x

Thanks for the post OP x"

best thing is have a chat with a close friend, brother or sister talking always helps don't bottle it up stay safe

I have been doing ok but got little bit of crappy news related to work, its not the end of the world but I'm disappointed

Life is hard at the moment but we can all help eachother out stay safe out there and in time we will get back to normal and have fun times again

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I'm honestly feeling like shit about it all.

"I'm honestly feeling like shit about it all. "
don't every feel alone message anyone of us and we can chat

"I'm honestly feeling like shit about it all. "

Hey you. Message me anytime xx

Yes and alone for xmas aswell. Couldn't get lower at the moment.

"Yes and alone for xmas aswell. Couldn't get lower at the moment. "
if you ever want to chat feel free to message me it's always helps to have a natter now and again

"Yes and alone for xmas aswell. Couldn't get lower at the moment. if you ever want to chat feel free to message me it's always helps to have a natter now and again "

Thanks but talking wont change it unfortunately so just have to sit with it and wait for it to pass.

"Yes and alone for xmas aswell. Couldn't get lower at the moment. if you ever want to chat feel free to message me it's always helps to have a natter now and again

Thanks but talking wont change it unfortunately so just have to sit with it and wait for it to pass."

No bother but the door is always open stay safe

"Yes and alone for xmas aswell. Couldn't get lower at the moment. if you ever want to chat feel free to message me it's always helps to have a natter now and again

Thanks but talking wont change it unfortunately so just have to sit with it and wait for it to pass."

You’re right that talking ALONE won’t fix it but it won’t do any harm. Believe me I know all about it

I no how your feeling I’m in the same position your in , such a depressing time

Thanks but talking wont change it unfortunately so just have to sit with it and wait for it to pass.

You’re right that talking ALONE won’t fix it but it won’t do any harm. Believe me I know all about it "

I know aswell i talk everday about things but just have to sit with it aswell and pray it passes faster.

You’re right that talking ALONE won’t fix it but it won’t do any harm. Believe me I know all about it

I know aswell i talk everday about things but just have to sit with it aswell and pray it passes faster. "

That’s true too. And go easy on yourself

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Yes Op, I've been feeling low since about last April,crazy essential working has kept me going,I got a whole 3 days off in a row since Nov 2019 and no social outlet last 9 months,meet my friends not alone anyone here ,not a chance,lonely,depressed yes,angry? furious, more like a pressure cooker witout a release valve,I think I speak for a lot of front line and essential workers,I don't really want to talk to nobody,I work ,my house is my home, just to go to a bar and have a quiet pint to destress,There's a shit storm of depression coming after this pandemic and most have been working through it

It's a lonely day for many today I want to take to time to think of those people here in this post. At least I feel some gratitude as hard as it is, I think it's the only thing i have to keep going. Anyone hungry I have a meal to feed a family and it's just me lol. On the up side i will be fed well for days oh and my phone broke aswell my only source of connection now. I know it could be so much worse though, OP thanks for this outlet and well done Mr kinky front line worker thank you for your fantastic service to society.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Great post OP. Well done. Xx

Yep been an absolutely shit year let's hope 2021 will be in any way better

I visited the graveyard this morning that’s the highlight of my xmas day have the rest of the day all to myself and all by myself....

Pandemic wise it will be up and up from here in. 13 million doses of vaccine for Ireland by quarter 2. And the relief that will give to those at risk and the family's. And most 97% of people at least will be grand. If this is on your mind it's about to get better. Well done to all essential workers.

Also make or female or anywhere in between on me if you wish to chat

Would really reccomend mindfulness for all as it allows you to get out of being kicked into bad thoughts

If you have ever heard of it as a semi religious thing like me before and hated it, please try it again it really really works. And not spiritual stuff required just taking some control of your mind-ish.

Thinking of you all as much as I can

"I visited the graveyard this morning that’s the highlight of my xmas day have the rest of the day all to myself and all by myself...."

I have the grave to do next but I am thinking maybe tomorrow. It's not easy having to visit loved ones in a grave any time but xmas is tough. I am all by myself aswell but sure it is what it is and just have to make the most of it . Tomorrow is a different day and xmas is over more or less.

By *angero3aMan  over a year ago

swords

think this is the one which will hit people the hardest.just we all thought the 6 weeks we did was only going back to level 3 but no 5 level and looking like 2 months

Its a balls

Yes I no what you mean I go graveyard again tomorrow for anniversary parents wedding anniversary few drinks today same tomorrow wouldn’t say no to some company ...

By *ocktailsdreamsMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I've always an open ear for anyone x

"Yes I no what you mean I go graveyard again tomorrow for anniversary parents wedding anniversary few drinks today same tomorrow wouldn’t say no to some company ..."

I know that feeling i'm lucky am not to bad with my own company obviously it's not how i choose today to be . You are hours away am sure there may be someone in your area to pop in to you . I don't feel so alone just sad, i have a higher power and definitely feel blessed to even be alive, i did not get covid or anyone in my family or otherwise i know either so for that am grateful. I'm taken the positives from it and always do but doing this constantly definitely catches up with me at times.

Lads and ladies this won't be forever hopefully this time next year it will be distant memory and we will be with all our family and friends having a good time. But for now stay safe. My evening will be an 11km walk to clear my head and my stomach

» Add a new message to this topic