FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Education level

Education level

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohn_meat OP   Man  over a year ago

derry

Well.what can I say.it takes a level of 3rd level education to be able to negotiate subjects..

Shall we leave it there at the minute....

Some.people.dont have education

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And starting a thread like this shows that some people lack class

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

"And starting a thread like this shows that some people lack class "

By *rkkidMan  over a year ago

Cork

"And starting a thread like this shows that some people lack class "

The punctuation of the original post might not be up to 03rd level education.

There are people who have contributed a lot and have managed just fine in life without 03rd level education. It’s not a stick to beat or run people down that don’t have it.

"Well.what can I say.it takes a level of 3rd level education to be able to negotiate subjects..

Some.people.dont have education "

While its undeniable that education improves critical thinking, your statement that "it takes 3rd level education to negotiate subjects" is absolute nonsense and close minded. I've known plenty of Masters/PHD graduates who are imbeciles.

Case in point: While arguing that 3rd level education is necessary in order to negotiate subjects, you didnt realise that you completely botched your own argument by having such a weak grasp of capitalisation & punctuation.

When

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

One can be the most educated person in the world and yet be woefully ignorant and clueless

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I actually agree with the op

If it wasn't for all the very well 3rd level educated people that negotiated the Brexit deal it wouldn't be the big success that it is in fairness

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"I actually agree with the op

If it wasn't for all the very well 3rd level educated people that negotiated the Brexit deal it wouldn't be the big success that it is in fairness "

By *lutaxiMan  over a year ago

Dundalk

Sometimes it’s very hard to beat common sense, as friend often says never assume as it makes ass u me

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Guys will ye please be advised by the signs posted in front of the cages

Don't feed the trolls

"I've known plenty of Masters/PHD graduates who are imbeciles.

"

I know a few, and work with them, so totally agree with you Gary.

OP, it's not having diploma in hand makes person smart and intelligent.

My granparents never went to university and I wish to meet in my life more people like them: wisdom and intellect are gifts.

Having a 3rd level diploma and still knowing nothing is just waste of time and money

The funniest thing I've ever heard was: I have graduated my uni and its an end of my education journey

Looking at older people 50+ their wisdom came from live events not from the universities they did not afford to graduate.

I have lots of respect to all people.

There are professions where 3rd level education is not needed but their jobs are unique and necessary.

The education is very important and its vary from country to country.

Its economy, and there is demand and supply.

The young people must decide at early age what they want to do. How many of them are happy after graduation seeing there is no job on the market for them?

Decisions are tough, and too many graduates without adequate job on the market only increase the % of unemployed people.

No one told that it will be easy...

"Well.what can I say.it takes a level of 3rd level education to be able to negotiate subjects..

While its undeniable that education improves critical thinking, your statement that "it takes 3rd level education to negotiate subjects" is absolute nonsense and close minded. I've known plenty of Masters/PHD graduates who are imbeciles.

Case in point: While arguing that 3rd level education is necessary in order to negotiate subjects, you didnt realise that you completely botched your own argument by having such a weak grasp of capitalisation & punctuation.

When "

buuuuuuuuuuuuurn

Your message is incoherent. Irony much?

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Meath/Dublin/Birmingham

Any of the ladies here fancy getting all hot and bothered just PM me and I'll reply with a photo of my BA Honours degree... rawwwr

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

Belfast, Dublin

You can be intelligent and not educated.

You can also be educated and not intelligent

By *hoco DMan  over a year ago

Clapham

"

this so ture and it because we have been made to believe that education make us clever but in some instances it dose the opposite, as it can take are ability to think for ourselves, we are indoctrinated in to notever question the narrative, and to do so at the risk being labelled lazy, a trouble make, stupid, all for being able to think out side the box... just would like to add, I know there will sad gits that will get a hard on or cream their kickers over grammar and spelling mistakes, could these PM me and the will be sent a packet of Smarties in the post for there efforts

By *iktikiCouple  over a year ago

city centre

"I actually agree with the op

If it wasn't for all the very well 3rd level educated people that negotiated the Brexit deal it wouldn't be the big success that it is in fairness "

Who said that lot were educated

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

About 400k people in Ireland have degrees.. A degree isn't what it once was it has lost its value even a master's is more common than you think..

By *ust4funcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Moira

Love intelligence but op with shadow profile is def not showing any

this so ture and it because we have been made to believe that education make us clever but in some instances it dose the opposite, as it can take are ability to think for ourselves, we are indoctrinated in to notever question the narrative, and to do so at the risk being labelled lazy, a trouble make, stupid, all for being able to think out side the box... just would like to add, I know there will sad gits that will get a hard on or cream their kickers over grammar and spelling mistakes, could these PM me and the will be sent a packet of Smarties in the post for there efforts "

I disagree. I mean, it's true that there are different types of intelligence, and one kid in school who may be seen as a trouble maker/ lazy, actually just learns in a very different way and intelligence cannot always be graded by scores on a test, but I think that's a different argument completely.

I strongly disagree that education in Ireland nowadays indoctrinats anyone to do as your told and not question the narrative. However, it teaches you how to verify your sources so you know which narratives are worth questioning. If you questioned everything in life, you wouldnt get anything done.

There are a lot of educated fools about.

And an equal number of uneducated ones that think quoting hindsight makes them professors.

Clapham

Some people dont have education

this so ture and it because we have been made to believe that education make us clever but in some instances it dose the opposite, as it can take are ability to think for ourselves, we are indoctrinated in to notever question the narrative, and to do so at the risk being labelled lazy, a trouble make, stupid, all for being able to think out side the box... just would like to add, I know there will sad gits that will get a hard on or cream their kickers over grammar and spelling mistakes, could these PM me and the will be sent a packet of Smarties in the post for there efforts

I disagree. I mean, it's true that there are different types of intelligence, and one kid in school who may be seen as a trouble maker/ lazy, actually just learns in a very different way and intelligence cannot always be graded by scores on a test, but I think that's a different argument completely.

I strongly disagree that education in Ireland nowadays indoctrinats anyone to do as your told and not question the narrative. However, it teaches you how to verify your sources so you know which narratives are worth questioning. If you questioned everything in life, you wouldnt get anything done."

sorry just a tad confused on this one please help me to understand.

so what I'm understanding here is in Ireland you are told which narratives are worth questioning and how to verify them and not to question everything as you will get nothing done

please tell me you see the paradox in what you have just said as I'm understanding this as indoctrination

and one more thing, I think you are confusing intelligence with being academic been an educated yes person dose not make you intelligent it makes you academic

"

...sorry just a tad confused on this one please help me to understand.

so what I'm understanding here is in Ireland you are told which narratives are worth questioning and how to verify them and not to question everything as you will get nothing done

please tell me you see the paradox in what you have just said as I'm understanding this as indoctrination

and one more thing, I think you are confusing intelligence with being academic been an educated yes person dose not make you intelligent it makes you academic

"

This is getting way off topic of the initial thread, but anyway.

No, you're not thought "dont question everything". I'm just saying, if you did question everything in life, you would get nothing done. That's why we have experts to do that work for us.

You dont have to know everything, just know enough that you can tell the difference between actual reputable information, and rubbish.

Usually when people say "question the narrative" they are usually referring to nonsense conspiracy theories that arent worth your time reading.

"About 400k people in Ireland have degrees.. A degree isn't what it once was it has lost its value even a master's is more common than you think.. "

This is what I have mentioned above: mass production of people with masters and they still dont know anything

"About 400k people in Ireland have degrees.. A degree isn't what it once was it has lost its value even a master's is more common than you think..

This is what I have mentioned above: mass production of people with masters and they still dont know anything "

See my post above.

"About 400k people in Ireland have degrees.. A degree isn't what it once was it has lost its value even a master's is more common than you think..

This is what I have mentioned above: mass production of people with masters and they still dont know anything "

That’s fairly arrogant and condescending to be quite frank

Clapham

"

No, you're not thought "dont question everything". I'm just saying, if you did question everything in life, you would get nothing done. That's why we have experts to do that work for us.

You dont have to know everything, just know enough that you can tell the difference between actual reputable information, and rubbish.

Usually when people say "question the narrative" they are usually referring to nonsense conspiracy theories that arent worth your time reading. "

and who makes them the experts who did decides, if you ask enough questions and gain enough knowlodge whos to say you can't be an expert, experts told us that we put a man on the moon but even with the advancements in technology we haven't been back, question it, and you dubbed the conspiracy nut, usally when people use the phrase " conspiracy theories" it is usually because they come across some information that gose against there indoctrination, taking in all info you can whether you like or not anilize then make up your own mind please don't intellectual cercumcise by letting others do the thinking for you

"

Usually when people say "question the narrative" they are usually referring to nonsense conspiracy theories that arent worth your time reading.

and who makes them the experts who did decides, if you ask enough questions and gain enough knowlodge whos to say you can't be an expert, experts told us that we put a man on the moon but even with the advancements in technology we haven't been back, question it, and you dubbed the conspiracy nut, usally when people use the phrase " conspiracy theories" it is usually because they come across some information that gose against there indoctrination, taking in all info you can whether you like or not anilize then make up your own mind please don't intellectual cercumcise by letting others do the thinking for you

"

You’re kind of ranting and rambling.

Any reasonable person can see that he’s not calling everyone in our education system experts. What he IS aiming to get across is that he feels out system is good enough to train people to use their critical thinking skills to be inquisitive and educated with an opinion but that you simply cannot be an expert in everything in life. Not one single person is.

Therefore what does one do? You place a reasonable amount of trust in people who are widely acknowledged to be experts in their own field.

You are seriously twisting his very decent point. You seem like someone who has decided they’re right and will try do twist anything someone else says to make it so.

Are you seriously saying the moon landing was faked? If that’s the case then I guess covid is a hoax too yeh?

Clapham

"

You’re kind of ranting and rambling.

Any reasonable person can see that he’s not calling everyone in our education system experts. What he IS aiming to get across is that he feels out system is good enough to train people to use their critical thinking skills to be inquisitive and educated with an opinion but that you simply cannot be an expert in everything in life. Not one single person is.

Therefore what does one do? You place a reasonable amount of trust in people who are widely acknowledged to be experts in their own field.

You are seriously twisting his very decent point. You seem like someone who has decided they’re right and will try do twist anything someone else says to make it so.

Are you seriously saying the moon landing was faked? If that’s the case then I guess covid is a hoax too yeh? "

I commenting on the text he laid down, and if it is so clear and where where did you come up with faked moon landing from me saying we can go back to the moon.

please show where you got this from my text you attack me saying I'm twisting things but doing the same time you do the very same thing,

I sitting here while suffering from effects covid 19 illness so don't appreciate you morally bankrupt comments, throwing insults just because some has a different opinion to you just gose to show the scope of your spectrum of interlect, and how interlect cercumcised you are, you know what you know and this im afraid is all you probably every know.

pm me and I will send a packet of fun size Smarties has you have won dumb ass of the night.

and I know I have lower the tone by drop to your level but it's boring isolating, I was like why not

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Maybe we should ask admin for a new profile feature that could be used as filter as well, ie

Master degree only

Or

Block all 'professionals'

Or

No geeks

» Add a new message to this topic