FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Post-vaccine Fab

Post-vaccine Fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ed just Red OP   Woman  over a year ago

Dublin City

Just wondering what people’s plans or ideas are for when a lot of us are vaccinated? Will you meet someone who has been vaxed or will you wait until you are vaxed? Will you wait for the guidelines to allow it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ipmannMan  over a year ago

Cahir

"Just wondering what people’s plans or ideas are for when a lot of us are vaccinated? Will you meet someone who has been vaxed or will you wait until you are vaxed? Will you wait for the guidelines to allow it? "

Personally I will wait for my own vac, not for my safety but for others, I'd prefer if the other person was vaccinated but it's not a deal breaker.

We have waited so long another short but isn't going to harm us.

By *lutaxiMan  over a year ago

Dundalk

How long before everyone is vaccinated? Most likely late summer, I’d say some will meet before hand and how will you know who has been vaccinated? Job even on frontline it doesn’t seem to be going to plan on getting all done.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

If you're both vaccinated I dont see what the problem is as long as you both trust each other to tell the truth about the vaccine

If its a fwb arrangement then that level of trust is probably already there I'd imagine

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you're both vaccinated I dont see what the problem is as long as you both trust each other to tell the truth about the vaccine

If its a fwb arrangement then that level of trust is probably already there I'd imagine

"

Think this is the way to go for the next while. Fwb bubble

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

Is there a further vaccine coming to Ireland that only needs one jab?

Tipperary

at the rate they're going, alot won't be vaccinated here until end of year

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I'm already getting messages with guys saying they have had the vaccine most are lying and some have only had one. So would you actually trust a random who tells you they have had it. I don't.

I've have actually had both my shots but as far as I'm concerned it changes nothing.

But everyone has to make up their own mind just like they have done all the way through this. We can only control what we do not what anyone else does.

As if people aren't going to lie about it. It's the same as STIs, take responsibility for your own safety.

The status updates are hilarious....ladies I've had my first vaccination so take a ticket in the queue

"Just wondering what people’s plans or ideas are for when a lot of us are vaccinated? Will you meet someone who has been vaxed or will you wait until you are vaxed? Will you wait for the guidelines to allow it?

Personally I will wait for my own vac, not for my safety but for others, I'd prefer if the other person was vaccinated but it's not a deal breaker.

We have waited so long another short but isn't going to harm us."

Wel if you don’t wait for the other to be vaccinated it’s not really for their safety.

Getting the vaccination changes nothing until the rest of society has it. It won’t magically mean you can’t infect others by not wearing a mask and washing hands etc

We have had our first shot but even after the 2nd shot you can still be a carrier and a spreader so it will be a while before any meets are planned

"We have had our first shot but even after the 2nd shot you can still be a carrier and a spreader so it will be a while before any meets are planned "

Tipperary

the vaccine doesn't stop u getting covid, its supposed to stop u getting it severe enough that u need hospital treatment pretty much like the vaccine for the flu.

Since lots of people have been meeting all along, vaccination status is unlikely to worry them.

somewhere

"We have had our first shot but even after the 2nd shot you can still be a carrier and a spreader so it will be a while before any meets are planned "

Not looked into it in any great detail to be honest as I'd imagine I'm way down the queue and I'm going to take it once offered

All I was thinking about was not to catch it....now understand the other side of the equation

Tipperary

plus with the vaccination and not knowing how successful it will be, its all up in the air. I, for one said id take the vaccine but only because I saw it as the only way of returning life to normal. I think many others are the same. its NPHET and the governments only saviour. I personally cannot see a return to scratch if the vaccine fails.

By *xperimental CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Fab

It doesn't stop you getting it, or spreading it. It's just meant to help you build up a degree of antibodies to fight better.

So if you have it, it shouldn't matter that much if whoever u meet has it or not. As you still have them same level of protection

Tipperary

Once things start up again fully, will you just go back to living life like you once were?

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"Just wondering what people’s plans or ideas are for when a lot of us are vaccinated? Will you meet someone who has been vaxed or will you wait until you are vaxed? Will you wait for the guidelines to allow it? "

Def a holiday,I was supposed to head off twice last year,all after I'm vaccinated...

"The status updates are hilarious....ladies I've had my first vaccination so take a ticket in the queue "

Some brass necks around! Good blocking guide tho

Tipperary

"Just wondering what people’s plans or ideas are for when a lot of us are vaccinated? Will you meet someone who has been vaxed or will you wait until you are vaxed? Will you wait for the guidelines to allow it?

Def a holiday,I was supposed to head off twice last year,all after I'm vaccinated..."

u reckon you'll get overseas this year?

somewhere

Def a holiday,I was supposed to head off twice last year,all after I'm vaccinated...u reckon you'll get overseas this year?"

Look at arrivals and departures Dublin airport tomorrow and see how many flights are taking off and arriving everyday

"I'm already getting messages with guys saying they have had the vaccine most are lying and some have only had one. So would you actually trust a random who tells you they have had it. I don't.

I've have actually had both my shots but as far as I'm concerned it changes nothing.

But everyone has to make up their own mind just like they have done all the way through this. We can only control what we do not what anyone else does. "

Excuse my ignorance but does the vaccine prevent you from getting it? If not does it prevent you spreading it?

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"

Excuse my ignorance but does the vaccine prevent you from getting it? If not does it prevent you spreading it?"

It is about 95% effective in stopping you getting sick from covid. Some will still get covid but you won't get seriously ill from it and not need hospitalisation. They can't say for sure about spreading it especially as you can spread it from carrying it on clothes hands etc just as you can now if you have been in contact with someone with covid.

Morally, I couldn't meet anyone untill they've had the vaccine. That's why from 24th January, I'm only going to sleep with people 65 or older, who are in long term care facilities.

R you safe to meet someone thats had the virus an gotten over it

Tipperary

Def a holiday,I was supposed to head off twice last year,all after I'm vaccinated...u reckon you'll get overseas this year?

Look at arrivals and departures Dublin airport tomorrow and see how many flights are taking off and arriving everyday "

question should be, would anyone go on holiday this year?

I can just imagine Fab in a few months time.....Fab my picture if you're vaccinated..

somewhere

"I can just imagine Fab in a few months time.....Fab my picture if you're vaccinated..

"

Or fab my picture and I'll vaccinate you

By *andyman4urpleasureMan  over a year ago

dublin

Evening all.

People who have been vaccinated CAN STILL SPREAD the virus. As rightly pointed out, the primary function of the vaccine is to keep the person who has been vaccinated healthy enough to be able to fight it themselves.

PEOPLE vaccinated are STILL capable of SPREADING the virus.

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

I must raise my age range

There’ll be more demand for the older vaccinated people now

Tipperary

If the vulnerable in society were vaccinated (I'm just picturing a scenario down the line) and the country was open. Would you go living life as normal and just go with the mentality 'if I get it I get it. I'll fight it off'?

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"

Excuse my ignorance but does the vaccine prevent you from getting it? If not does it prevent you spreading it?

It is about 95% effective in stopping you getting sick from covid. Some will still get covid but you won't get seriously ill from it and not need hospitalisation. They can't say for sure about spreading it especially as you can spread it from carrying it on clothes hands etc just as you can now if you have been in contact with someone with covid. "

Only the Pfizer and the Moderna have a 95% efficiency. The AstraZeneca is around 70%. The recent virus mutations might have an impact on vaccines efficiency. Anyway it's going to be a race against time and simultaneously a long bumpy ride out of this.

Tipperary

"

It is about 95% effective in stopping you getting sick from covid. Some will still get covid but you won't get seriously ill from it and not need hospitalisation. They can't say for sure about spreading it especially as you can spread it from carrying it on clothes hands etc just as you can now if you have been in contact with someone with covid.

Only the Pfizer and the Moderna have a 95% efficiency. The AstraZeneca is around 70%. The recent virus mutations might have an impact on vaccines efficiency. Anyway it's going to be a race against time and simultaneously a long bumpy ride out of this. "

wouldnt it be great if they had a highly efficient vaccine that only needed one shot.

Tipperary

cabinet are considering pharmacists and GPs to adminster 1.5 people with the vaccine. exactly what should be done.

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Dublin/Birmingham

"cabinet are considering pharmacists and GPs to adminster 1.5 people with the vaccine. exactly what should be done. "

Who's the half person

Tipperary

"cabinet are considering pharmacists and GPs to adminster 1.5 people with the vaccine. exactly what should be done.

Who's the half person

"

ha 1.5 million. plan should of been there from day 1

By *ohn400Man  over a year ago

Dublin or anywhere

most people i meet say they wont be having the jab...about 50% of people will get the jab // the rest dont want it. If we wait another year covid will have killed itself of,it will be dead and gone.

Dublin/Birmingham

"most people i meet say they wont be having the jab...about 50% of people will get the jab // the rest dont want it."

Maybe the people in your circles, but results of most surveys would indicate 70%+ of people definitely or most likely taking a vaccine and in an Irish Examiner poll from a couple of weeks ago only 11% they definitely would not take it.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"most people i meet say they wont be having the jab...about 50% of people will get the jab // the rest dont want it.

Maybe the people in your circles, but results of most surveys would indicate 70%+ of people definitely or most likely taking a vaccine and in an Irish Examiner poll from a couple of weeks ago only 11% they definitely would not take it."

Do surveys really mean anything though. Unless they polled every single person and asked parents are they going to have their kids get the jab then its not really a true reflection. Its like asking 1000 who are you going to vote for and the next day the headline is FF most popular party in ireland and those 1000 are apparently talking for the entire population

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Evening all.

People who have been vaccinated CAN STILL SPREAD the virus. As rightly pointed out, the primary function of the vaccine is to keep the person who has been vaccinated healthy enough to be able to fight it themselves.

PEOPLE vaccinated are STILL capable of SPREADING the virus. "

I have been vaccinated and would only meet someone if they had been too. Problem is how can we prove it as do not get a certificate.

Dublin/Birmingham

There have been various surveys though, not just one. I can guarantee far more than 50% of the population who can get the jab, will get it.

Tipperary

"There have been various surveys though, not just one. I can guarantee far more than 50% of the population who can get the jab, will get it."
most eventually will take it to try resume to some normality. you don't know the long term effects but I think for alot the pros will outweigh the cons.

By *inglemyclitpleaseWoman  over a year ago

dublin

"Morally, I couldn't meet anyone untill they've had the vaccine. That's why from 24th January, I'm only going to sleep with people 65 or older, who are in long term care facilities. "

Lol I can see you’re a glass half full man!

"Morally, I couldn't meet anyone untill they've had the vaccine. That's why from 24th January, I'm only going to sleep with people 65 or older, who are in long term care facilities.

Lol I can see you’re a glass half full man! "

More like false teeth in a glass on the locker man

By *inxnmasterCouple  over a year ago

naughty valley

I am still considering whether to get vaccined or not . However by no means would I consider a vaccination as an act of solidarity . Like most vaccines also the new mRNA based vaccine is supposed to protect the vaccinated against a severe illness with even risk of death. To get the vaccine one should ensure that allergies, dependance on blood thinners and other precondition may not have a damaging effect - that impacts a big group of the society . None of the vaccine makers claims that the vaccine makes you immune, instead even if vaccined you still can catch the virus and be contagious to others . Getting vaccinated is an act of self protection , not an act of solidarity . Keeping distance and wearing masks where people concentration is dense is a solidarity act - regardless how efficient the result .

It should be everyone’s individual decision whether to get vaccinated or not . I won’t judge anyone who decides to abstain from the vaccination for whatever reason . Also the expectation that herd immunity will be achieved is in my humble opinion more pharma marketing than truth - as said , the vaccine protects the one who is vaccinated but no one else

» Add a new message to this topic