FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Coercive control sentance

Coercive control sentance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irewolff OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin

See a man was convicted today for coercive abuse of his partner.

I wish more people got convicted for this type of abuse seeing as the law was brought in last year.

I know 1st hand what it feels like. Am waiting for my justice to be dished out

MsD

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"See a man was convicted today for coercive abuse of his partner.

I wish more people got convicted for this type of abuse seeing as the law was brought in last year.

I know 1st hand what it feels like. Am waiting for my justice to be dished out

MsD"

Absolutely brilliant to see a sentence being handed down and a good sentence at that. Hopefully it will send the message that control and abuse of women is no longer tolerated. I just hope he serves his full sentence.

And yes i am aware that men suffer from abuse too, but vast majority of cases it is women who suffer at the hands of the men who are supposed to love and care for them.

It is great to see and hopefully a couple of strong sentences dished out as punishment might make a difference in society.

Coercive control, be it physical, emotional or combination of both is a horrible form of abuse and should not be tolerated!

In the first instance friends, family and colleagues may spot the initial insidious signs of this type of abuse.

Those trapped in the web may not be able to find a way out, or see the trap even.

Womens Aid 1800341 900 or Mens Aid

» Add a new message to this topic