FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Mid Atlantic accents!!

Mid Atlantic accents!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anhoe OP   Man  over a year ago

galway

what's with this new trend whereby irish females interviewed on the telly all appear to have developed 'American accents'!!!

Nauseating to say the least..!!

Just saw some irish designer on the news who designed face mask for Dr.Biden and the twang out of her was brutal...

Wish she put on two of her own masks on before she spoke to induce a bit of muffling...

Female teenagers are worse btw.:.is it just a phase or do they eventually cop on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

You're about 20 years too late. It has been a trend since the 90's if not before.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It doesn't bother me.

It's not just females by the way.

Lads are just as "guilty" of doing it too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"what's with this new trend whereby irish females interviewed on the telly all appear to have developed 'American accents'!!!

Just saw some irish designer on the news who designed face mask for Dr.Biden and the twang out of her was brutal...

Wish she put on two of her own masks on before she spoke to induce a bit of muffling...

Female teenagers are worse btw.:.is it just a phase or do they eventually cop on?"

Why does it bother you?

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Reminds me when my eldest developed an english accent watching peppa pig

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"You're about 20 years too late. It has been a trend since the 90's if not before. "

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

At least people now, and designers like her in particular, are far more "international" than they were back then. There's a fair chance that she lives a jet set lifestyle as a designer, or at least may have pre covid.

If we could just ban misuse of the word like and sentences starting with "so... " for now I'd be relatively contented.

Belfast

"You're about 20 years too late. It has been a trend since the 90's if not before.

At least people now, and designers like her in particular, are far more "international" than they were back then. There's a fair chance that she lives a jet set lifestyle as a designer, or at least may have pre covid.

If we could just ban misuse of the word like and sentences starting with "so... " for now I'd be relatively contented. "

Or ask Graeme McDowell.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"You're about 20 years too late. It has been a trend since the 90's if not before.

If we could just ban misuse of the word like and sentences starting with "so... " for now I'd be relatively contented.

Or ask Graeme McDowell. "

Some twang off him in fairness

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Reminds me when my eldest developed an english accent watching peppa pig "

Oh dear

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"what's with this new trend whereby irish females interviewed on the telly all appear to have developed 'American accents'!!!

Female teenagers are worse btw.:.is it just a phase or do they eventually cop on?"

“Females”. Ugh. That’s way worse to be honest.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

"Reminds me when my eldest developed an english accent watching peppa pig "

That's hilarious.

galway

Or ask Graeme McDowell. "

Absolutely! yea, he is brutal in fairness... lol

One word in particular grates me:

" charidy' iso 'charity -..noted on Ryanair flights when they play the recording requesting passengers to buy 'loddery' tickets to aid 'children's charidies' of their choice.... - Capers! as my gran used to say.

On GBFM, there's a young one who appears to have made all of their advertisements and she too also suffers badly from Capers!

I would love to know why people feel the need to assume the said accent...

Belfast

Or ask Graeme McDowell.

Absolutely! yea, he is brutal in fairness... lol

One word in particular grates me:

" charidy' iso 'charity -..noted on Ryanair flights when they play the recording requesting passengers to buy 'loddery' tickets to aid 'children's charidies' of their choice.... - Capers! as my gran used to say.

On GBFM, there's a young one who appears to have made all of their advertisements and she too also suffers badly from Capers!

I would love to know why people feel the need to assume the said accent...

"

It's not always intentional. My kids are all grown up but where accents are concerned they were like sponges and 2 weeks in the States and they were talking like natives. A couple of months at uni in a different part of NI and they came home talking as if they had grown up there.

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"

It's not always intentional. My kids are all grown up but where accents are concerned they were like sponges and 2 weeks in the States and they were talking like natives. A couple of months at uni in a different part of NI and they came home talking as if they had grown up there. "

Mine are like this too... pick up accents in a day. Mad.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire

Apparently in the speaking vid I have on here I sound American I don’t get it haha

By *eecee2727Man  over a year ago

city

"Apparently in the speaking vid I have on here I sound American I don’t get it haha "

The Derry side of America maybe

By *ilbearniMan  over a year ago

peninsula

Foreign Accent Syndrome is a trait of some ASD folk too. Can acquire it from TV or other media.

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

What about that false nasal d4 accent we are subjected too on virgin media.. It's there way of saying I'm better than you

galway

?????? I hear ya!

True...

My neighbour took his 15 year old daughter to NY for shopping one long weekend few years back.

Left on Friday, came back on Tues morning...ie just 3 full days there

On their return,we were subjected to the daughter having changed all words ending in 't' to suddenly ending in 'd' or just simply left out the 't' altogether as in 'awrigh' iso 'alright'... Then loads of 'wha-evvr's, myriads of 'like' thrown in everywhere, three hundred and eighteen high fives, even to ould ones . This was followed by a new lexicon of words plundering Galway city such as 'sidewalk, 'fender, 'hood' (iso the boot..of car!).

Eventually, her father snapped her out of it with a 'shut the fuck up and speak properly!' Normality once again reigned peacefully over the land.

The young one stopped her capers permanently

By *inaandterryCouple  over a year ago

Westmeath

We all need to get Indian accent could ya imagine a Cork accent but in an Indian twang... I'm laughing as we speak trying to tie the two together

» Add a new message to this topic