FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Who is your electricity supplier?

Who is your electricity supplier?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ours2019 OP   Man  over a year ago

Cork

I'm with electric Ireland right now but find them experience at almost €200 every 2 months.

Is anyone paying a direct debit every month, and who with?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olourpurpleMan  over a year ago

Waterford

You should switch every 12 months when the bonus discounts run out.

Switcher.ie is good for comparing the best deals

By *quinnMan  over a year ago

Limerick

"You should switch every 12 months when the bonus discounts run out.

Switcher.ie is good for comparing the best deals "

Exactly this advice. I'm Energia at the moment but switch every year. Most providers give a very good discounted rate for 12 months and I think all can only tie you in on a 12 month contract.

By *ours2019 OP   Man  over a year ago

Cork

That's perfect. Thanks a million lads

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was with airtricity on prepay changed to electric Ireland prepay as can top up online , I have it set up at 20 quid a week top up but I have a credit of 170 quid. Thinking of changing to bill and just set the top up to 15 a week

Use prepay power, find its easy as no big bills. About €20 a week.

Bord Gais here... On an Equaliser plan when I pay the same amount each bill.. About 130 atm

By *ateniteCouple  over a year ago

Youghal

"Use prepay power, find its easy as no big bills. About €20 a week."

We were on prepay power and we switched after 12 months because we were paying up to 160 a month with them. Currently with Energia and paying approx 80 per month.

We'll keep switching every year.

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"Use prepay power, find its easy as no big bills. About €20 a week.

We were on prepay power and we switched after 12 months because we were paying up to 160 a month with them. Currently with Energia and paying approx 80 per month.

We'll keep switching every year."

Is that still prepay or monthly bill??? Im on prepay with electric ireland but its averaging €150 a month but being out of work with covid the thought of another monthly dd on top of the mountain of others terrifies me

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I'm averaging 350 every 2 months with everyone at home all day apart from me.

I switch every 12 months and keep the gas separate to the electricity supplier as its cheaper that way

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

I take it none of ye have geothermal heating system and some pay for oil/gas on top of electric bill?

I do have geothermal heating system and last bill was €400 for 2mths with electric Ireland but other than broadband, that's the only house bill.

I'm not sure if that's good or not? Seems a lot more than the rest of ye but that's all heating, light, cooking on that.

Magnet tricity it was only a score for a year apparently and it's near 3 years now I'd go with them

By *attooYouMan  over a year ago

just about northside

Find your unit price with or without vat and your annual service charge with or without vat and compare annually. Problem is most of not all suppliers are upping charges over the coming weeks. Ffs, consumer rip off.

"I'm with electric Ireland right now but find them experience at almost €200 every 2 months.

Is anyone paying a direct debit every month, and who with?"

We're with Bord Gáis payment plan for esb. 3 bed semi, all electric including cooker etc you name it. In 1 year period 8 of our debits were €42.50 and the other 4 were €49.75, account balanced perfectly. After xmas we went up to €62.50 currently per month until April. We've been advised it will settle around €50 then on.

We are both home based and use electric soldering irons for work, sometimes 8 hours a day, powerful ones. So trust us with Bord Gáis.

It's the best so far. We were ESB at €100 per month also minimum.

We also noticed a big difference when we got new meters, so upgrade too if you haven't.

just about northside

You mean upgrade the meter? How does that save electricity?

Juliana supplies my electricity

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"I'm with electric Ireland right now but find them experience at almost €200 every 2 months.

Is anyone paying a direct debit every month, and who with?"

I'm with Bord Gais on their level pay plan so the bill is the same every month, around 95 quid at the moment for a 2 bed apartment that's all electric (heating + power) and I'm WFH. I prefer to know how much it will be and not get any nasty surprises in the winter!

just about northside

"Juliana supplies my electricity "

She is electric, can I be electric too?

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"Juliana supplies my electricity

She is electric, can I be electric too? "

WOW I live up north and my bill was 56 pounds for 12,weeks , You are being ripped off big-time , And that was my winter bill

Of all the threads that have passed through this forum over the years I've been here this is definitely one I never thought I'd be seeing in here. Brilliant.

Look... its totally legit an all but I just had a little giggle.

Bonkers.ie is worth a look and or solar panels if you're a high daytime user

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

[Removed by poster at 20/03/21 01:43:04]

"You mean upgrade the meter? How does that save electricity? "

We were one of the first ones that got trial new meters 2 years ago to monitor usage and discovered the old meter was not reading correctly. This came about because I was away 24 days and nights and my bill should have dropped but it didn't and no explanation why. I got a bill for €264 for 8 weeks and I'm away over 3 weeks?? Long story short, I lost my shit with them. I was single at that time, no excuses. I demanded a technical check as I suspected it for years but fell on deaf ears. ESB offered a new meter so they could trial it, I agreed it and the usage recording was dramatically better. I switched electricity usage habits and smart tech programming to time things when I needed it done. After one year I changed provder to Bord Gáis, kept the meter. Old meter was 1989. Moral of the story is question eveything and do not accept their narrative without a diagnostics. Not every meter gives balanced readings.

just about northside

"You mean upgrade the meter? How does that save electricity?

We were one of the first ones that got trial new meters 2 years ago to monitor usage and discovered the old meter was not reading correctly. This came about because I was away 24 days and nights and my bill should have dropped but it didn't and no explanation why. I got a bill for €264 for 8 weeks and I'm away over 3 weeks?? Long story short, I lost my shit with them. I was single at that time, no excuses. I demanded a technical check as I suspected it for years but fell on deaf ears. ESB offered a new meter so they could trial it, I agreed it and the usage recording was dramatically better. I switched electricity usage habits and smart tech programming to time things when I needed it done. After one year I changed provder to Bord Gáis, kept the meter. Old meter was 1989. Moral of the story is question eveything and do not accept their narrative without a diagnostics. Not every meter gives balanced readings. "

Do I can asked for a replacement meter but how do get a replacement upgraded meter. Mine is the old analogue spinning disc

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

We were one of the first ones that got trial new meters 2 years ago to monitor usage and discovered the old meter was not reading correctly. This came about because I was away 24 days and nights and my bill should have dropped but it didn't and no explanation why. I got a bill for €264 for 8 weeks and I'm away over 3 weeks?? Long story short, I lost my shit with them. I was single at that time, no excuses. I demanded a technical check as I suspected it for years but fell on deaf ears. ESB offered a new meter so they could trial it, I agreed it and the usage recording was dramatically better. I switched electricity usage habits and smart tech programming to time things when I needed it done. After one year I changed provder to Bord Gáis, kept the meter. Old meter was 1989. Moral of the story is question eveything and do not accept their narrative without a diagnostics. Not every meter gives balanced readings.

Do I can asked for a replacement meter but how do get a replacement upgraded meter. Mine is the old analogue spinning disc"

all old meters are automatically being replaced over the next few years

By *ally cumMan  over a year ago

tubbercurry

Definitely change provider every 12 months....use either bonker.ie or switcher.ie to help you decide. I'll be changing next month. You'll save money for sure.

Do I can asked for a replacement meter but how do get a replacement upgraded meter. Mine is the old analogue spinning disc all old meters are automatically being replaced over the next few years "

Absolutely correct, so hang tight, it will happen. I was just one of the 1st that time a while back because if an issue that had the benefit and noticed the change.

By *j48Man  over a year ago

Wigan

Easier over here.. Rigged up a bicycle with rear wheel attached to a generator via a belt and a couple of gears .. Pay an illegal £2, about 3 euro a day and bingo, leccy for the street.. £1 a day, all you can use, making £40 a day

Twas a joke

» Add a new message to this topic