FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Favorite coffee shop

Favorite coffee shop

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just curious, what’s your favorite coffee spot in Dublin? Since all we can do these days is go for walks and get coffee

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Mine is probably Brass and Bold

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Don't know any in Dublin but anywhere that does a good Flatwhite

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Olive Green on Baggot Street

Don't know any in Dublin but any nice coffee shop would do me now.

If I won the lotto would.love to open a wee coffee shop with loads of comfy chairs, great coffee and good company

Roast Office... in my locality.

Any number of independent coffee stops and trucks especially all over the place these days.

Used to make an effort for the espresso from the kiosk at Blackrock dart station. Wondered how the man behind the counter was doing the other day.... I’ve not commuted to work in 12 months...

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Has anyone seen the amount of horse trailers converted into coffee shops in Dublin

There's even one thats drive tru at the walkinstown roundabout

Grove Road Rathmines! Independent, cosy, very welcoming and great coffee and food!

By *eepixieWoman  over a year ago

belfast

Don’t remember coffee shops, but we love ‘the bank’ at college green and further up The Bailey. We would’ve been in Dublin 5/6 times a year, for weekends. Love it there!

"Has anyone seen the amount of horse trailers converted into coffee shops in Dublin

There's even one thats drive tru at the walkinstown roundabout "

... Yes and old buses too... I think its great. I saw one in the car park at marley recently... I love them and hope we have more of them around in future

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Don't think I've ever been in a coffee shop in Dublin.

Used to be there once a week for work for about 18 months but only ever stayed there once about 25 years ago.

Can't think of a single coffee shop anywhere in the country that I could recommend based on their coffee alone as most of it is samey and overpriced.

There are lots of little independent places though that have great ambiance and unique features that make them worth a visit.

"Don’t remember coffee shops, but we love ‘the bank’ at college green and further up The Bailey. We would’ve been in Dublin 5/6 times a year, for weekends. Love it there!"
.. Well it's like a ghost town now let me tell you but please god in the not too distant future we can welcome you back to Dublin for the craic. And likewise Belfast... Great nites out up there too!!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Has anyone seen the amount of horse trailers converted into coffee shops in Dublin

There's even one thats drive tru at the walkinstown roundabout ... Yes and old buses too... I think its great. I saw one in the car park at marley recently... I love them and hope we have more of them around in future "

As someone who supplies a large number of customers using converted containers and horse boxes etc I can't speak for the Dublin area but up here they won't be able to sustain the numbers that are appearing. Every layby and hard shoulder has one popping up and many of them are not licensed to trade in those areas but the authorities are turning a blind eye for now.

Once restrictions are eased and we go through summer the horse box fad is expected to fade and that's coming from those who are running them.

Have seen a few pop up in local GAA clubs, I think they will be gone as soon as the bars re open

By *eepixieWoman  over a year ago

belfast

"Don’t remember coffee shops, but we love ‘the bank’ at college green and further up The Bailey. We would’ve been in Dublin 5/6 times a year, for weekends. Love it there!.. Well it's like a ghost town now let me tell you but please god in the not too distant future we can welcome you back to Dublin for the craic. And likewise Belfast... Great nites out up there too!! "

Same up here I’m afraid. Keep hoping for a good outcome sometime soon! As soon as I can, I’m on the road outta here!!

There's even one thats drive tru at the walkinstown roundabout ... Yes and old buses too... I think its great. I saw one in the car park at marley recently... I love them and hope we have more of them around in future

As someone who supplies a large number of customers using converted containers and horse boxes etc I can't speak for the Dublin area but up here they won't be able to sustain the numbers that are appearing. Every layby and hard shoulder has one popping up and many of them are not licensed to trade in those areas but the authorities are turning a blind eye for now.

Once restrictions are eased and we go through summer the horse box fad is expected to fade and that's coming from those who are running them. "

The local authorities putting a stop to them down south. The few that are surviving are on private property

somewhere

There's even one thats drive tru at the walkinstown roundabout ... Yes and old buses too... I think its great. I saw one in the car park at marley recently... I love them and hope we have more of them around in future "

Normally only see the ice cream van in Marley car park

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

There's even one thats drive tru at the walkinstown roundabout ... Yes and old buses too... I think its great. I saw one in the car park at marley recently... I love them and hope we have more of them around in future

Normally only see the ice cream van in Marley car park "

Aren't you supposed to be doing the quiz? You couldn't possibly be multitasking, could you

somewhere

Aren't you supposed to be doing the quiz? You couldn't possibly be multitasking, could you "

Like rachel and Ross ....we're on a break

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Aren't you supposed to be doing the quiz? You couldn't possibly be multitasking, could you

Like rachel and Ross ....we're on a break "

Besta luck in the second half

somewhere

Like rachel and Ross ....we're on a break

Besta luck in the second half "

Bleeding jinxed it....got thrown out by quiz

By *unsigntwoCouple  over a year ago

athlone

What's a coffee shop it's been so long !! ????

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

Was always partial to buebakers?

If name correct...

The one off Nassau st...just up from knobs and knickers...if still there

By *onny26IrishMan  over a year ago

cork

I like (when i'm in Dublin) popping into 147Deli for coffee and their sandwich specials.

Chill the beans in mungret limerick and the owner is a sound young lad trying to start his own business

By *anKinkyMan  over a year ago

Carrick on Shannon

Not often up there,but when I do I like one in Temple bar,sit outside and just people watch on my day off which is Seldom

By *arkside24Man  over a year ago

monkstown

Bald Barista Aungier st.

Lovely staff and kept all the local workers sane throughout covid

By *escrean100Man  over a year ago

North Co Dublin

Aventura in Portmarnock - sensational coffee and lovely people!

By *adame BWoman  over a year ago

C'est moi Boudoir

"Don't think I've ever been in a coffee shop in Dublin.

Used to be there once a week for work for about 18 months but only ever stayed there once about 25 years ago.

Can't think of a single coffee shop anywhere in the country that I could recommend based on their coffee alone as most of it is samey and overpriced.

There are lots of little independent places though that have great ambiance and unique features that make them worth a visit. "

Not regular enough in Dublin but I really enjoy my coffee and like a lot of places for the ambiance but wouldn't return if the coffee wasn't good. Only place I can think of that I really loved the coffee and breakfast is Ali's kitchen in cork city.

I can't get over the prices in a lot of places, it has really gone ott for run of the mill produce in so many places especially in the cities. Paris pricing here is bonkers.

There's even one thats drive tru at the walkinstown roundabout "

Feck the Honda Civic, I've a horse outside

Bestseller Dawson Street love the layout not ce and intimate or large shared tables on upper level and fab coffee

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

It’s been a good few years since I’ve been to a coffee shop in Dublin but the last one I was in was 3FE and it was very nice

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Don't know any coffee shops but marks and Spencer do a fantastic coffee. Only problem the cups are not big enough

Scandalous. Nothing worse than a nice coffee and your finished before you've got started

» Add a new message to this topic