FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Just wondering

Just wondering

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etmebeurfantasy OP   Woman  over a year ago

My town

If the forums wasn’t on this site do people think they would be less active or would it not affect the amount of times you logged on daily

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

Ah sure where would we be without the forum?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Unless Fab was the only mode of communication then probably not

My town

"Ah sure where would we be without the forum? "
where would fab be with you Michael

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Definitely, I would be less active. Group chats are far more enjoyable, especially when there's a good debate going on. I'd often log on just for the Forums and often I wouldn't comment at all. It's also a good way to find like-minded people. Mrs

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

"If the forums wasn’t on this site do people think they would be less active or would it not affect the amount of times you logged on daily

"

I seem to be on the forums a little more as of late. I know once I've reopened again I'll not be on as much. Forums are a great way of learning about people. It can also show you who you would like to interact with and those I don't want to .

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

I would be less active on fab, I’m very slow to send messages with most of my contacts coming from forum interaction.

I'd hardly be on it without the forums. They give a bit of depth to people's profiles as the post here... You get a feel for what kind of person/people they are I guess.

By *ctoboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I would definitely be less active without Forums

I also think Forums have helped many people on here through lockdown

Lucan

"Ah sure where would we be without the forum? where would fab be with you Michael "

Sigh...

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"If the forums wasn’t on this site do people think they would be less active or would it not affect the amount of times you logged on daily

"

forums pass away a bit of time. Good for that and topics as that's what forums are for. the meeting side of the site was tough even before covid but I suppose when u have an active social and meeting life outside of here, all eggs don't need to be positioned in one basket.

By *nquisitive ladyWoman  over a year ago

meath

"I would definitely be less active without Forums

I also think Forums have helped many people on here through lockdown "

They certainly have helped pass some time

I reckon if it wasn't for the forums, I wouldn't come in at all. If there's no interaction between ppl then it'd be all very boring. Maybe you could come look at profiles and send some msgs or something but yeah you kinda get a general feel from ppl in the forums and you don't have to be liked or disliked but just accepted for who you are and what you give back to the forums

I also think Forums have helped many people on here through lockdown

They certainly have helped pass some time "

It surely has

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

The forums are the only part of fab I actually use. I don't message people and haven't done in over a year.

The only fab contact I make is through the forums.

Some days I can take it or leave it though for obvious reasons.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Im very rarely on the forums...dont know what anyone see's in them

Yep me too

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I'd definitely be on less if there were no forums!!

But of bias in this question though as only people who use the forums are gonna see it

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I'd definitely be on less if it wasn't for the forum's it helps pass time and interesting to see other people's views as well on things.I have also made some great friemds from the forum's and a met a few people who I may never have seen their profiles if it wasn't for the forum's as well .

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

I'd often send new people who message to the forums, I think they're a hidden gem, especially for newbies trying to get themselves known.

I've been (justifiably ) slated a few times and gone back into my shell for a while to recover, but generally I find if I am positive, i'll get positivity back and vice versa. That's probably the one bit of advice i'd give to people

By *quinnMan  over a year ago

Limerick

Personally I'm quite new to the forum after a lovely lady encouraged me to get involved , but find it has me online far more frequently. Good conversation, get to know a little more about people and passes time while working too

I'm a little surprised what a small percentage of people on the site actually use it, or maybe just actively take part.

I would probably not use fab as much. I have posted stories on the forums too. Very rarely message anyone. I have gotten to know people through the forums, some day I try not to log in or get involved

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

I would definitely be on less.

The Irish forum can be a great place.

Letme do you remember the thread (few years ago) where we were doing the "say something untrue about the person above" and you changed your profile to fooey and he did likewise.

It went on for a few days and was one of the funniest things I've ever read here

The camping thread with Ash, Laid or the walking on the beach one? Pmsl

Anyway as previously mentioned its a great place to discover other fabbers and cliques

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

In all honesty I wouldn't use Fab if there was no forum page..I interact more with people on here than through messages alone,id be bored just chit chatting on messages...

By *elfastDMan  over a year ago

belfast

Yeah I’d probably get bored of fab if it wasn’t for the forums, most of my meets have started through forum chats. I must talk a good game

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

I don't think I would be here if it wasn't for forums.... It can be a bit of craic in what has been a long covid slog... I can see forums getting very quiet over the summer as we all head back to beer gardens and meeting up... but for now a bit of light hearted fun.

My town

"I would definitely be on less.

Letme do you remember the thread (few years ago) where we were doing the "say something untrue about the person above" and you changed your profile to fooey and he did likewise.

It went on for a few days and was one of the funniest things I've ever read here

Anyway as previously mentioned its a great place to discover other fabbers and cliques

"

haha yes I do I got men messaging my asking did I want a bj ..... I couldn’t change it for 7 days

My town

haha yes I do I got men messaging my asking did I want a bj ..... I couldn’t change it for 7 days "

also the one when Michael McCarthy after a bottle of red or two was contemplating shaving his nuts and any suggestions when and how he should do it remember that one.

By *indenMan  over a year ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

I’d say the site is far more active because of the forums.

I don’t post very much or very often but I do read them occasionally, good for information and to see other people’s opinions on different matters.

Seems to be a great way for people to connect and interact, I’d say it’s helped a lot of people through lockdowns and Covid.

I'd probably not be here to be honest.

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

haha yes I do I got men messaging my asking did I want a bj ..... I couldn’t change it for 7 days also the one when Michael McCarthy after a bottle of red or two was contemplating shaving his nuts and any suggestions when and how he should do it remember that one. "

not sure Mick has ever recovered

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"

I think the forums and the chats are the only thing driving this site...

I noticed a trend where people communicate via status updates now, makes you wonder wtf is going on... but whatever...

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

In the past I often had a read of the forums to keep up with what's going on but after returning after a break I really noticed a big difference in the forums a lot of hate and toxicity going on...where has the fun gone?

I don't think the forums help you meet people but it is a great indication of who to avoid

B x

By *orders CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Kelso

"Definitely, I would be less active. Group chats are far more enjoyable, especially when there's a good debate going on. I'd often log on just for the Forums and often I wouldn't comment at all. It's also a good way to find like-minded people. Mrs "

It's a much better way of finding out who really is 'like-minded'. Being on fab itself isn't really enough.

This past 12 months I rarely look anywhere else on the site,here mostly for the forum word games

I seem to be on the forums a little more as of late. I know once I've reopened again I'll not be on as much. Forums are a great way of learning about people. It can also show you who you would like to interact with and those I don't want to . "

Precisely

95% of the time I log in its to have a quick gawk and giggle at the forums the other 5% its for a perv

By *eductively_SweetWoman  over a year ago

wexford

I use to be very active on the forums when it was a great place for fun and flirty banter. Over the last 15 mths or so that fun and banter was slowly sucked out and replaced with trolls and bullys becoming more toxic. Now it's a gage for me who to avoid. So if the forums were gone it wouldn't change how often I log in..

somewhere

If the forums didnt exist how would it work

"If the forums didnt exist how would it work "

Same as a dating app I guess, profiles and private massages.

A bit of both. The chats are enjoyable and the forum can be entertaining too....But pople who are longer on fab would know better than me. I'd say the forum has suffered the effects of the pandemic. Its either people being more sensitive or more "aggressive" than before. Maybe just take everything with a pinch of salt. Enjoy the positives and skip the not positive.

Belfast

"If the forums didnt exist how would it work "

Some would have to go back to drawing on the cave walls.

somewhere

"If the forums didnt exist how would it work

Same as a dating app I guess, profiles and private massages."

Like an estate agents window

Like an estate agents window "

Yep, and most are out of my price range....

somewhere

Yep, and most are out of my price range.... "

I'd be called a fixer upper and part of a ghost estate

The forums and hope is the only thing keeping me on fab. No forums, stories I'd have deleted my account by now.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

Yep, and most are out of my price range....

I'd be called a fixer upper and part of a ghost estate "

I'm a glorified bedsit in "Dublin 4" (Irishtown), inexplicably listed for 6.5m EUR

Lucan

haha yes I do I got men messaging my asking did I want a bj ..... I couldn’t change it for 7 days also the one when Michael McCarthy after a bottle of red or two was contemplating shaving his nuts and any suggestions when and how he should do it remember that one. "

The biggest problem with that one was that I did actually shave my nuts while seriously d*unk. Someone then persuaded me that a splash of after shave would help the situation. It didn't. It really didn't.

The neighbours still talk about that mysterious scream.

Lucan

haha yes I do I got men messaging my asking did I want a bj ..... I couldn’t change it for 7 days also the one when Michael McCarthy after a bottle of red or two was contemplating shaving his nuts and any suggestions when and how he should do it remember that one.

not sure Mick has ever recovered

"

The after shave traumatised me.

Lucan

"In the past I often had a read of the forums to keep up with what's going on but after returning after a break I really noticed a big difference in the forums a lot of hate and toxicity going on...where has the fun gone?

I don't think the forums help you meet people but it is a great indication of who to avoid

B x"

There's a balance needed, apparently. I used to get hate mail over not taking things seriously enough here. That used to amuse me even more though so I never really paid any heed to it.

Belfast

"In the past I often had a read of the forums to keep up with what's going on but after returning after a break I really noticed a big difference in the forums a lot of hate and toxicity going on...where has the fun gone?

B x

There's a balance needed, apparently. I used to get hate mail over not taking things seriously enough here. That used to amuse me even more though so I never really paid any heed to it. "

You can't be serious?!

Lucan

B x

There's a balance needed, apparently. I used to get hate mail over not taking things seriously enough here. That used to amuse me even more though so I never really paid any heed to it.

You can't be serious?! "

Rarely, but on this occasion, yes.

Belfast

B x

You can't be serious?!

Rarely, but on this occasion, yes. "

I must have missed that part in the small print.

Lucan

B x

You can't be serious?!

I must have missed that part in the small print. "

There's a few grumpy fucks around the place.

Belfast

B x

You can't be serious?!

There's a few grumpy fucks around the place. "

Are they similar to pity fucks?

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

I definitely wouldn't use the site near as much without the forums. I've definitely gotten to know or just chat with some lovely people just by getting to know them a bit better through here.

I do take breaks from here as life demands it and this time I've really noticed a change in the forums. There's an awful lot of negativity and toxicity. Theres always been an element of it but now its much more prevalent. Theres still crack and a bit of flirting to be had with the good folks that use it. Maybe as lockdown lifts the atmosphere will lift and people will care less about others business and focus more on lighthearted banter

Lucan

B x

You can't be serious?!

There's a few grumpy fucks around the place.

Are they similar to pity fucks? "

Yes but with much less joy involved.

It's like a pity fuck where you stub your toe just as you're about to cum. Very unsatisfying.

I've been looking at the forums for a long time but only getting involved since Christmas past. I said why the hell not. I rarely send messages or search and scroll. Not my thing. So yes OP...the forums make me come back.

The following is my reaons to log into the forums. not in order of importance.

1. To perv. Don't judge you horny feckers.

2. To meet interesting people. A twinkle in the eye and a sense of adventure can be found out there. Can't give a balls for the argumentative type

3. Avoid the argumentative types

4. To sometimes spontaneously burst out laughing

5. To improve my spelling. I have to try harder as I smell like shite.

6. Take part in puzzle/game threads when i can.

7. Stuff. And some more Perving

I know everyone has mentioned wanting to keep the forum lighthearted and flirty but I think there is a place for more serious topics on here.

Obviously the majority of us should be able to have a proper debate without getting personal or toxic.

I know I have been schooled by some people on here about different subjects which opened my eyes to other viewpoints I'd hate to lose that element just to keep the forum light all the time.

I do think people's moods and tolerance is probably at an all time low, which is probably reflective of society as a whole. Hopefully as things start opening up the balance will return a little

"I know everyone has mentioned wanting to keep the forum lighthearted and flirty but I think there is a place for more serious topics on here.

Obviously the majority of us should be able to have a proper debate without getting personal or toxic.

I know I have been schooled by some people on here about different subjects which opened my eyes to other viewpoints I'd hate to lose that element just to keep the forum light all the time.

I do think people's moods and tolerance is probably at an all time low, which is probably reflective of society as a whole. Hopefully as things start opening up the balance will return a little"

You're spot on there, we're all a little short fused right now... Feck it they cancelled my milk run and now I'm not getting any sex with girls haha

"I know everyone has mentioned wanting to keep the forum lighthearted and flirty but I think there is a place for more serious topics on here.

I do think people's moods and tolerance is probably at an all time low, which is probably reflective of society as a whole. Hopefully as things start opening up the balance will return a little

You're spot on there, we're all a little short fused right now... Feck it they cancelled my milk run and now I'm not getting any sex with girls haha "

Fuck off agreeing with me

You're spot on there, we're all a little short fused right now... Feck it they cancelled my milk run and now I'm not getting any sex with girls haha

Fuck off agreeing with me "

You should be grateful, I normally don't agree with anyone haha

Lucan

I do think people's moods and tolerance is probably at an all time low, which is probably reflective of society as a whole. Hopefully as things start opening up the balance will return a little"

You're absolutely right. There's always a place for serious discussions but sadly there's not many of them to be seen. People need to live and let live a bit more. I often feel there's too many people trying to climb above someone else here.

You're spot on there, we're all a little short fused right now... Feck it they cancelled my milk run and now I'm not getting any sex with girls haha "

Those women were in the nip

You're absolutely right. There's always a place for serious discussions but sadly there's not many of them to be seen. People need to live and let live a bit more. I often feel there's too many people trying to climb above someone else here. "

I genuinely thought climbing on top of someone was the point.......

Lucan

You're absolutely right. There's always a place for serious discussions but sadly there's not many of them to be seen. People need to live and let live a bit more. I often feel there's too many people trying to climb above someone else here.

I genuinely thought climbing on top of someone was the point......."

Well yes, but sin scéal eile.

By *avidc2019Man  over a year ago

dublin

I’d say a lot of fabbers would be lost without the treads good Craic and great way of getting to know and meet people

I wouldnt have known how scandalously flirtatious I was without the forums.

Ive only been here during the past 5 months or so, so thats basically been me cutting my Fab teeth here, and its hasnt been all painless, but its been heaps of fun

I do wonder what pre-lockdown Fab was like, and what it will be in the future.

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"

If you thought the thread was good you should have been camping with us

» Add a new message to this topic