FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How's lockdown going for you

How's lockdown going for you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he rover returned OP   Woman  over a year ago

xxx

How the hell do you answer this much asked question?? Having a ball, loving not been able to buy my knickers in pennys, wild hair is great, those numbers every day are just life. Whats your response?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I did lol

I get this asked a lot even outside fab

I usually say going as well as can be expected

It’s usually a question thst sends the hairs on the back of my neck stand up....... also not the best way to start a conversation

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"How the hell do you answer this much asked question?? Having a ball, loving not been able to buy my knickers in pennys, wild hair is great, those numbers every day are just life. Whats your response? "

Some days my response is good others its I'm done with the bloody lot of it.

I have noticed if I watch the news or listen to reports it makes me feel worse. So now I avoid them as much as I can.

I've been lucky I've had my job to keep me sane (if that's possible) but I have also learnt a lot about myself over the last year. I look forward to spending time with family and friends and will now appreciate them a hell of a lot more.

xxx

"How the hell do you answer this much asked question?? Having a ball, loving not been able to buy my knickers in pennys, wild hair is great, those numbers every day are just life. Whats your response?

Some days my response is good others its I'm done with the bloody lot of it.

I have noticed if I watch the news or listen to reports it makes me feel worse. So now I avoid them as much as I can.

I've been lucky I've had my job to keep me sane (if that's possible) but I have also learnt a lot about myself over the last year. I look forward to spending time with family and friends and will now appreciate them a hell of a lot more. "

I'm in the same boat, working through it is definitely a bonus.

By *ed_AliceWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 28/04/21 08:36:47]

By *ed_AliceWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

Depends who is asking. If it's an opening message on this site or others like it, I'll likely just ignore it.

If it's part of ” getting to know you" conversation I might be more forthcoming & in return will be trying to ascertain the other person's attitude to covid, masks, vaccines etc.

It's become another small talk silence filler - if I'm in one of those conversations I'm usually trying to close the conversation down anyway & move on with my day.

Lockdown has been terrible. Hopefully I get back out fishing on the sea again

By *unnitoesWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

If I get advised to 'stay safe' one more time, I'm gonna implode!

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

It's a magical shitshow full of hand sanitizer and face masks,2m rules and what's the purpose of your journey conversations with ban gardai,itll end soon hopefully

It's been downs and ups...

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

"How the hell do you answer this much asked question?? Having a ball, loving not been able to buy my knickers in pennys, wild hair is great, those numbers every day are just life. Whats your response? "

I hate this question! I usually just say "I'm surviving" or "pretty dull as you can imagine" or something equally benign.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It depends on how I'm feeling on any given day some days I don't mind being asked other times I just can't be arsed answering especially if the profile doesn't interest me and it's a new message.

I think the last year has just been so long and hard on most people for loads of different reasons .I've been lucky because I've been working but at the same time no proper downtime for well over a year now is just getting to me and not seeing some family and friends for over a year also doesn't help .But most of us are in a similar position so on days when it gets to me I'm not going answer as no one actually needs or wants to hear about it at this stage.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Grand

No difference to my life whatsoever

Im a hermit that worked from home anyway

By *eijaWoman  over a year ago

City Centre

It has been a rollercoaster but keep reminding myself everyone is on the same ride.

Lots of highs especially being able to spend more time with my kids but plenty of lows. The uncertainty has been the toughest

Working from home has really been an experience

For the Swing community it has been a disaster dying to do a little social and get my Fab friends together again

As an opener, it might be a bit lame, but it bears "fancy a lock-out". I answer depending on how I'm feeling, am conscious that for many it has been worse than for me, I can honestly say I have personally been through more challenging times, or perhaps it's that those experiences gave me the resilience to get through thus.

I meant lick-out, not lock-out

xxx

"If I get advised to 'stay safe' one more time, I'm gonna implode! "

I freeking hear ya !!

xxx

"I meant lick-out, not lock-out "

I was wondering

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Don't think I've been asked this question in many months but the last year is a million miles away from being the toughest I've faced. It's not even on the same scale.

Yes of course I miss seeing friends and being able to travel and yes I lost my job but it has been like a reset button.

I'm back working again for much less than before but with a fraction of the stress and daily pressure and my pace of life is so much better.

If anyone asks how lockdown is going for me my answer will be all of the above.

Meh is about as much as I can come up when asked that

But also it’s been so long I forget what I did when I wasn’t locked down

For me it's not been so bad.. i get on with it. I try to stay positive. What i find unpleasant is how the lockdown has affected people with special needs, the places they went for relaxation, self regulation and general activities were all gone. Trying to explain what covid is and why its happening and then explaining why they cant go here or there is awful. My heart goes out to them, its been hard on everyone but i think more so on them.. speaking as a father of a special needs adult. Be grateful you lot..

I'm lucky to have stayed in full time employment and have had to get up each day leave the house and go to work and I get to interact with people. So for the most part it hasn't been too bad.

However like most I've had my off days, I'm a 38 year old singleton who would love to settle down and have a family and this past year has put the brakes on my love life. I worry that it won't happen in time and the window to have kids will close before I know it. I feel like life has moved on for so many but mine has stayed still. But in the grand scheme of things I'm aware that by far I'm not the worst off.

In short

Things could always be better but haven't been the worst

I have to say it's been great really. I've had shit loads of exercise and lost weight in fat pot it on in muscle and has loads of fun doing it all. Drank way too much but life is for living but I did miss not being able to properly meet up with friends and have a good old night on the lash but all in all I can't complain too much .

xxx

"For me it's not been so bad.. i get on with it. I try to stay positive. What i find unpleasant is how the lockdown has affected people with special needs, the places they went for relaxation, self regulation and general activities were all gone. Trying to explain what covid is and why its happening and then explaining why they cant go here or there is awful. My heart goes out to them, its been hard on everyone but i think more so on them.. speaking as a father of a special needs adult. Be grateful you lot.. "

I really get what your saying but the question isn't about gratitude. Its about how do you answer this much asked question. Its not a great conversation starter regardless of anyone's situation

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

it's great now to see things restarting and hopefully alot more to come soon. with a bit of luck we will get a joyous summer. on the covid numbers front? I personally don't think you'll ever get rid of covid fully but I'll be interested to see in the future what they do in relation to international travel.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Depends on the day is the answer to how its treating me

One job going really well

One job temporary closed which I miss more than anything including all that work there

Worry about my kids as I can see a huge change in them

Still miss hugs but they'll be back

By *ka ..Agent k ..Man  over a year ago

Tip Meath, Louth border of..Monaghan..

..never been as busy if I'm honest but thankfully its drawing to an end game hopefully within the next couple of weeks and most venues,businesses and ppl will bounce back one more time.

At this stage I'd imagine most are pretty sick of being told be safe stay at home so on... but nobody wants to take the last bullet of the war so you've came this far sit it outt.

By *ctoboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

To be honest it has decimated my business in Ireland and UK and will take many years to recover to anything like it was before. If it returns properly at all !!!

A positive is that all my family and friends have remained safe & healthy and we are surely nearing the end of horrible lockdowns and can get those Missed & Very Much Needed ((((HUGS))))...

By *arajeanCouple  over a year ago

mayo

No difference to us working as normal tg just weekend social side

I find the worse part is the needy people, you know the ones who always have a hard time with everything, even though we are all in the same boat, whining more and looking for reassurance ; mostly they wouldn't know a real problem if it bit them on the ass.

These ones, they are really starting to annoy me, thats the story of my lockdown, patience is waring thin.

Otherwise, happy feckin days

By *arlos11191Man  over a year ago

Bray

Lockdown fuced me up still recovering need lots of lots of kinky fun

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Hows fab treating you these days??

I dont know... I wont meet due you know a pandemic going on...

Noone on here that can hold a conversation,if I reject them,get called old,mature,a slag,stuck up,so shit really??

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

"I find the worse part is the needy people, you know the ones who always have a hard time with everything, even though we are all in the same boat, whining more and looking for reassurance ; mostly they wouldn't know a real problem if it bit them on the ass.

These ones, they are really starting to annoy me, thats the story of my lockdown, patience is waring thin.

Otherwise, happy feckin days "

The drama queens/ kings... I get ya... always something with them... get over it already...

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"To be honest it has decimated my business in Ireland and UK and will take many years to recover to anything like it was before. If it returns properly at all !!!

A positive is that all my family and friends have remained safe & healthy and we are surely nearing the end of horrible lockdowns and can get those Missed & Very Much Needed ((((HUGS))))... "

hopefully your business picks up and surely to God once everything gets back, this will be the last lockdown

"For me it's not been so bad.. i get on with it. I try to stay positive. What i find unpleasant is how the lockdown has affected people with special needs, the places they went for relaxation, self regulation and general activities were all gone. Trying to explain what covid is and why its happening and then explaining why they cant go here or there is awful. My heart goes out to them, its been hard on everyone but i think more so on them.. speaking as a father of a special needs adult. Be grateful you lot..

I really get what your saying but the question isn't about gratitude. Its about how do you answer this much asked question. Its not a great conversation starter regardless of anyone's situation "

I wasn't answering the question with it being about gratitude, i just added that at the end..

I answering the question in my first line 'for me its not been so bad'

Lost 2 stone since last June and would never have started my walking without the lockdown but I won't say its great because I lost my dad because of covid-19 so what can I say

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Not at this stage.

I want to get back to a routine that starts before 9am and doesn't go on until 2am.

I want to stop thinking it's so easy to have a drink as I'm not driving in the morning.

I want to spend less time with my phone.

Don't get me wrong.

I love the ability of finishing work and having the charcoal ready to cook on 30mind later but the social interaction of work is something that I am really beginning to miss, along with a more rigid routine.

Roll on the vax, herd immunity and a somewhat return to normality, so I can whinge how it was better during covid

By *owdyBoobyMan  over a year ago

limerick

Some men just need lessons in the art of conversation going by what the ladies here have mentioned. Seems the art form is dying.

If that is the conversation startup I dont reply

Sick of covid and lockdown.dont want to talk about it.

By *ornyandwellhungMan  over a year ago

belfast

As John Denver said, some days are diamond, some days are stone.

» Add a new message to this topic